Bunny Drop 6 (Bunny Drop, #6)

Bunny Drop 6 (Bunny Drop #6)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  21 reviews
As Daikichi continues to juggle work with raising a teenager, Rin struggles with the relationship between her and Kouki, her childhood friend. The last ten years have brought about a variety of changes to their friendship—some subtle, some not so. Kouki may always have been head over heels for Rin, but the choices he’s made in the past seem to have put a wedge between them...more
Published August 2012 by Yen Press (first published August 8th 2009)

Sara
Yup. I really liked it. I kind of want Rin to end up with Kouki and Daikichi to end up with Nitani-san (view spoiler) Then again, I think (view spoiler) OH. But wait.. I forgot(view spoiler) *shudders* Forgot about that. Th...more
Linda Cohen
Bittersweet volume

Kouri is an idiot but both Daikichi and Rin save his sorry butt even though he probably doesn't deserve it (and I guess they are both probably doing it for Nitani-San).

I love these characters and the mangaku is going to do something awful to them, I know it!!
Arminzerella
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Kouki is a loveable, young, idiot. What a great set of characters.
Kari Ramirez
I've got to say that when I started reading volume five I was incredibly disappointed that Rin was already in high school! I didn't understand why we had to fast forward so far! Now, after reading all up to volume seven I kind of get it. There's a bit more to write about when it comes to teenagers. Not to mention Rin-chan realizing she wants to know who her mother is!

The series shifts to focus more on Rin's relationship with Kouki than how Daikichi deals with being an instant parent. Rin is the...more
Estara
Sean O'Hara
A very uneven installment of the series. The whole flashback sequence involving Kouki's ex-girlfriend seems straight out of a cliched shoujo manga, and I'm still not thrilled with the way both Kouki/Rin and Daikichi/Nitani are getting derailed here. On the flip side Reina is still awesome (though not getting enough screen time) and I love the scene where Kouki comes to Daikichi for help and Daikichi, rather than calling him twelve kinds of idiots (which he totally deserves), is all, "Okay, here'...more
Jasmiina F
I think that five volumes would have been enough with Bunny Drop. It's still great, but bot nearly as interesting as in the beginning.
Warnie B.
Now that I've gotten used to the time jump in this series I'm starting to enjoy it a little more again, but...well, at the same time, it all just feels so typical now. What I liked so much about the first four volumes is that it wasn't a story that I'd seen before. Everything from volume 5 on so far is. I still like the characters and want things to work out well for them, but I can't help but wish that the story would take a different direction than it seems to be doing. Guess we'll see what ha...more
Tara
Aug 22, 2012 Tara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own, manga
I still love the characters, but this one fell flat for me. I don't know if it's just that I preferred the sweetness of Rin's younger years to the whole "mean girl messing everything up for a teenage Rin" theme of this one, or if my real problem is that I was spoiled about how the series ends and it has tainted my perspective of the events in this volume. I am still shipping for a couple that I know will NOT be getting together, and it's kind of a bummer.
Kristine Pratt
I am saddened to see what Daikichi has lost in raising Rin. Yes he's gained so much, but as a parent I am struck most by his story in this volume. Parents aren't supposed to feel like they're losing out because they're parents. But sometimes the choices are difficult ones as we see here. Why can't love conquer all?
Miss
Hahaha wow I'm just going to keep getting madder and madder with this series until The Awful Thing actually happens, aren't I? There are perfectly serviceable romantic relationships Unita could have written! She spends this volume breaking them for very poor reasons! Again I ask WHY. 3 stars
Shannon
I didn't like this volume as much as the other ones before it. The 6th volume is mainly about Rin and Kouki's relationship, which just didn't seem as interesting in the volume. I'm also not happy about Daikichi and Kouki's mom.
scarlettraces
felt a little bit like it was marking time? perhaps 16-year-old Rin is a little too good to be true. otoh, i hear there's a massive plot twist to come, so maybe that's what we're waiting for.
Selena
Part of me says "I used to love this series so much that I must finish it!" and part of me goes, "Ugh, I'm sick of this high school thing. It lost what I loved about it."
Melainebooks
Koki et Rin ont grandi. Dans ce volume, ils sont au lycée. Cependant, en même temps, l'auteur nous offre un flash back sur ce qu'il s'est passé entre eux au collège.
Kaylynn
Another reminder that I don't understand how the Japanese view romantic relationships.
Dolores
3 1/2 stars. I sure miss Rin as a little girl. This one was a real downer.
Fiza Nasri.
Takde timeskip. Mujurlah.
Holly Hodson
I seriously hate Kouki's ex.
Laurianne Uy
UGH Kouki.
Spenser Allen
Spenser Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Laura added it
Jul 27, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Jul 23, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Mary Whelan
Mary Whelan marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Kimi ni Todoke, Volume 17
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
  • A Bride's Story 03
  • Wandering Son: Volume Three
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6
Bunny Drop 1 (Bunny Drop, #1) Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3) Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2) Bunny Drop 4 (Bunny Drop, #4) Bunny Drop 5 (Bunny Drop, #5)