Start by marking “44: Book Three (44, #3)” as Want to Read:
44: Book Three (44, #3)

44: Book Three (44 #3)

Two years ago Abby Craig died in the dark waters of a mountain lake. And then 44 minutes later, she miraculously came back to life.

Dr. Nathaniel Mortimer is sure he was the one who saved her that day. But there is still much he doesn’t understand. After being away, he has returned and will stop at nothing to get his answers.

Now Abby must find a way off her prison island or
Published February 13th 2012 by You Come Too Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 44, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 44

Francine
Egads...if I were kidnapped by a guy that I knew was a murderer, and that his main goal was to kill me again, I don't think I'd be having dinner with him (while I am his captive) or having polite nightly tête-à-têtes. Or having discussions with him about how he's developing romantic feelings about me.

There was absolutely no sense of urgency in this book. No sense of "I must escape now! I must get away from these psychos while I can, at any cost." While our intrepid little heroine, Abby, does man
Yumi Learner
Jan 18, 2013 Yumi Learner rated it it was amazing
A couple of days ago I finished my third book for this year in English without using a dictionary.

It's the sequel to my last book that I read. It's getting more thrilling, and in this book the murder's past became apparent. All mysteries related to the first book and second book started linking.
Although all mysteries seemed to be solved in this book, some new mysteries came up.

I'm looking forward to the forth book, fifth book and sixth book.
Maureen
Dec 03, 2012 Maureen rated it it was amazing
They get better and better. I read most of this while on the recumbent bike at the gym. I would have read longer but a lady was giving me the evil eye to get off the bike... or perhaps it was a ghost. Hmmm
Trisha
Feb 17, 2012 Trisha rated it liked it
I can't believe there's going to be a book 4! It's so hard to wait!
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Oct 12, 2016 Fee (Ebook Addicts) rated it really liked it
44 book 3

After the ending of book 2 Abby wakes up to find herself kidnapped by Dr Nathaniel Mortimer, someone who she thought was being apprehended by his brother Ben.
she is being held prisoner on an island with Nathaniel, as he wants to experiment in her to see why his serum worked on her and her alone when it brought her back to life.

this was good to get the reason behind why Nathanial had turned out like he had. it was a bit slow to start with but picked up with that ending.
I am not sure what
Payton (Payton's Book Thoughts)
My Overall Thoughts

Sinclair does a really great job of recapping what has happened in other books without making it seem like a summary. Which is really nice because I tend to read these books really far apart from each other, so the refresher helps a lot. The whole book Abby was in an extremely weird and unsettling situation. In fact, I found some parts of the book a little hard to believe. But in spite of that, the story line completely reeled me in. It was a short (197 pages) and good read– j
Jayme Langhorst
Feb 24, 2012 Jayme Langhorst rated it it was ok
After reading the first two, I anxiously awaited the release of Book 3. I really enjoyed the first two books and was so disappointed in this third. The first 80% of the book dragged on and on. The pace and the plot picked up the last 20% of the book, but the plot was weak and the newer characters were underdeveloped. I cared about the characters introduced in the first two books, but, with the exception of Abby, they were barely present. The love Dr. Mortimor has for Abby is unbelievable. ...more
Christina
Aug 27, 2012 Christina rated it liked it
This book was ok. After the dull and dreary second book, I had taken a hiatus from reading the series. I had read positive reviews for the fourth book and figured that since I wanted to read it, I should probably read the third book that I had been dreading.

The book was good and simply because it had little to do with her personal romantic relationships. There was excitement and a little desperation felt as Abby tried to figure out a way to get off of the island. I wasn't too thrilled that the p
Andrea Dillon
May 04, 2014 Andrea Dillon rated it liked it
I honestly was thinking a one star or maybe two for this one until the very end. I really haven't been impressed by these and I hate that. I don't know if it is me or the writing or the story or what but it just isn't jiving with me. Honestly I was almost on board until the dinner with my captor descriptions...it was a bit much and then the book just slugged on from there. The ending satisfied me enough though that I am really thinking of calling this my ending and leaving it at that..I have ...more
Snogged
May 15, 2012 Snogged rated it it was ok
For a book series about a girl who sees ghosts and has to deal with being kidnapped by a doctor who wants to kill her, there doesn't seem to be a lot of urgency. I felt like I was being told that scary things were happening, but I didn't feel the scary things. I'm also not sure how I feel about the announcement that there will be a 4th book, especially since I mostly feel perfectly satisfied about how the third one ended. But who knows...I'll probably read it anyway because I'm a sucker like ...more
Leann
Dec 03, 2013 Leann rated it really liked it
I had an idea of what was going to happen in this book, but I was very surprised by the characters. The author has a way of introducing characters where you don't know immediately what their importance in the book will be. I like that. I like not knowing what is going to happen. I have read books like this before that are very predictable. I am almost finished with book four in this series and the author never fails to surprise me.
Melody
May 02, 2012 Melody rated it liked it
I really didnt like how it ended setting it up for another sequel I feel like it could of been finished up after her exchange with Jesse's Dad There is definatly potental for this series to continue because of all the things that have happened and not sure of all the things that she will be capable of interested to see what lays in the future for the series Ill definatly be checking out more from this author
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
I think this was the most fascinating of the three so far. I really liked getting into Nathaniel's history more, but I was annoyed a bit by the end (view spoiler)
Tammy Hamilton Green
Oct 12, 2014 Tammy Hamilton Green rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jools-sinclair
Expected, well what I got the last two books. What I got was different in a good way. Lots of things going on building, building to an HEA? What? You through me for a loop Jooles and I think I like that. I sure hope Abby finds a way to repay Simon, won't say for what. Starting #4 shortly. Loving this series. Never know what this author will do next.
Tasha
Feb 17, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
last night when i started reading this book i didnt want to put it down so i could go to bed i was wanting to stay up and see what would happen to Abby. But when i finished it today i wasnt surprised at how she kept trying to get away she has the strength in her. now im finished with this one im going to start the 4th one so i can finish them all and get ready for the 7th
Natacha
Jun 13, 2013 Natacha rated it liked it
Courtney Lee
Feb 22, 2015 Courtney Lee rated it really liked it
This one was pretty intense. Kidnapped by a madman, Abby has to do what she can to make it out alive. With some ghostly (and corporeal) help, she gets where she needs to be. These books are such quick reads, I've read the first three in the last day and a half. I'm hooked!
Julie Baker
Feb 04, 2013 Julie Baker rated it really liked it
Really good. I loved the crazy affection that Nathaniel developed for Abby. I really liked the Emma twist. Simon was an inspiration to learn how to make risotto. I just really enjoyed this one. It was like cuddling with a warm blanket. It just made me feel good even with all the angst.
Sue
Feb 07, 2016 Sue rated it really liked it
I enjoy the 44 series novellas. Books are short, center around Abby, who was dead for 44 min due to a cold water drowning and ends up surviving. Crazy Dr Nate Mortimer claims responsibility and kidnaps her to seek out answers as to how his serum worked.
Valerie
Mar 02, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it
Wow...I can say that I actually started getting a little worried in what would happen in this book....I felt sad for Abby, and her defeats she came up against...I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of a couple a people....guess will find out in next book ;-)
Deanna
Sep 24, 2013 Deanna rated it really liked it
This was intense and exciting like the first one.

I really wish these stories were longer but they're fabulous quick reads.
Catherine Gordon
Feb 27, 2015 Catherine Gordon rated it it was ok
This one wasn't as interesting as the others. A bit dull and predictable but I find the characters compelling enough to want to read the next one.
Dawn
Aug 22, 2012 Dawn added it
This seemed like a filler story line. kind of slow and predictable. would have liked to see more action and mystery or something. still can't wait to read the next one.
Kimberley Duda
Dec 29, 2012 Kimberley Duda rated it it was amazing
I love, love , love this entire series & devour each book as soon as it is available! Hooks canno write fast enough for me!
Liane
Nov 10, 2014 Liane rated it really liked it
Very slow moving. I don't like when books take me a while to get through them. I am anxious to see what book 4 has to bring though.
Jaclyn Batley
Feb 12, 2013 Jaclyn Batley rated it really liked it
Another quick read! Probably not my favorite one so far, but that will happen in a series. Starting book 4 now,
Lisa
Mar 22, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
I liked the series, but I don't know if I'll continue with book 4. This book just didn't leave me wanting more. I did enjoy the fact that they are very quick reads. I finished this in 2 hours.
May 07, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This series has totally sucked me in. Have read all three books in less than 24 hours. Can't wait for book 4.
Marcia Walton
Marcia Walton rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Pamela Johnston
Pamela Johnston rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2012
  • The Hunting Tree - Book One
  • A Knife in the Back
  • When the Spirit Moves You (Jeff Resnick Mystery, #2.5)
  • Enigma
  • Dead Beginnings (The Monstrum Vampire Series #1)
  • Don't Tell Mother (Whispers, #2)
  • Chasing Magic
  • Deceit and Lies (The Black Rose Chronicles #1)
  • Devil's Briar:  The Complete Series (All 8 Books)
  • Supper: The Horror Short Story You've Been Craving
  • The Journals of Jacob and Hyde
  • Books of the Dead
  • An Unfinished Death (Jane Perry)
  • Ghosts of Alcatraz
  • House of Dead Trees
  • The Yearning
  • Blood Kiss (Nephilim Warrior, #3)
  • Bloodlines - The Quest
Jools Sinclair lives and writes in the in-between world of Bend, Oregon, where sunlight kisses snow, mountains reach for the desert, and long summer days cascade into night. She watches it all, perched atop her butte, with her giant orange cat.

More about Jools Sinclair...

44 (10 books)
  • 44 (44 #1)
  • 44: Book Two (44, #2)
  • 44: Book Four (44, #4)
  • 44: Book Five (44, #5)
  • 44: Book Six (44, #6)
  • 44: Book 7 (44, #7)
  • Forty-Four Book Eight (44, #8)
  • Forty-Four Book Nine (44, #9)
  • Forty-Four Book Ten (44, #10)