Start by marking “An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)” as Want to Read:
An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)

An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  4,766 ratings  ·  495 reviews
AN IRON FEY VALENTINE is a story of pure, unfiltered fluff that Julie Kagawa wrote just for fun, but also a thank you to her readers and fans for all their support and encouragement over the years.
Published February 14th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about An Iron Fey Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Iron Fey Valentine

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
What we've read so far in 2012...
123rd out of 5,278 books — 782 voters
Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
100th out of 508 books — 1,002 voters

More lists with this book...

Saniya
OMG. Ash.

You just killed every other boy, I began to like, in my mind.
You are like the hottest person ever. =(
Anyway, the story was so damn cute! <3 A MUST READ for Iron Fey series lovers.
sunset shimmer
Oh my....

I've never swooned so much in my life. >_<

Ash...

<3<3<3
Booknut
*squeal*!

It was like, after Iron Knight, I just wanted a fluffy, sentimental load of fangirl-dreaming that would cater for my every Ash/Meghan fantasy - and this (thank God for Julie Kagawa) was the answer to every tortured moment I spent after Iron Knight - THANK YOU!!!! For anyone who loves Ash, would love to go on a Valentine's date with him, see a movie and be treated like a queen...this is the story for you!!

I have re-read it several times, drooled over Ash, mourned the fact he's not real a
Yarethzia
"Bringing his lips to my ear, he breathed, “I’ll kill you.”
I smacked his arm, and he retreated with a laugh, holding up his hands."
Hahaha, I miss this series. Ash was hilarious in this cute story. :)
Alienor ☠ is stuck on the Jellicoe Road ☠
Completely useless and silly. Yet it put a goofy smile on my face.

*shrug*

What? I might be a sucker for adorable icy prince.
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

O.M.G,
this book was so pretty,
cute as a kitty,
i'm feeling kinda witty,
but this is really getting silly,
It Rhymes, it rhymes!! (Muwah hahaha)
Kitty!

This book was perfect for a short story utterly perfect and so very beautiful isn't Ash the best!
I've been reading a lot thriller crime type stories and i was in a mood for something fluffy and cute and this did the job,
Inspired Kathy
Just 24 pages this is a short, sweet account of how Ash & Meagan spend their first Valentine's Day together. Perfect for Iron Fey fans who want more of Ash & Meagan together.

Read online Here:

Content: Clean
Caro
First of all: I know it's probably bad to just read one short story in order to decide wether to read a series or not and wether you like it or not, but I didn't have anything to do and so I decided to read this story.

I always liked the covers of the Iron Fey series, but I never added them on my to-read list because I really dislike faeries. There are exceptions, of course. Sometimes there are books with faeries that are great and imaginative and beautiful and then I love them. But most aren't.
Heather
I decided that since this whole series is written (and I may or may not have read the entire series, bonuses, and reread various key parts of the series in about 5 days…like in a row…yeah it was an Iron Fey-athon) that I would just write a review of the whole series. I don’t think at this point I could write a review of each book and really do it justice, nor do I want to try to split my thoughts on each book. It’s a cohesive whole in my brain and having finished the whole series, I am so glad t ...more
Ai Haibara
Well.

It looks like a fanfiction.

It reads like a fanfiction.

IT IS A FANFICTION!

description
But no, it's not.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD?!

description
Sarah (saz101)
ASDFGHJKLHFDJAFD. SO SWEET. AND ROMANTICAL.

I think I'm kind of alone in this, but I wasn't entirely... satisfied with the ending of The Iron Knight. I liked the ending of The Iron Queen more, as there was hope, and room to imagine my own happy ending. TIKn's Happily Ever After worried me. Was Ash going to die? How mortal is he? And will everything be OK with Meghan?

I'M A WORRIER, OK?

Anyway. Seeing them together here was a sweet, sugary balm. Like swimming in a pool full of CUPCAKES.

Pure wish ful
Scarlett
Ash, you giant piece of shiiiz, how dare you lied about not knowing what Valentine’s Day is.

That was the sweetest surprise date ever omg screw sleep I am just going to lay down and grin like a maniac. :D
Adrianna
AHHHHH...Ok, I am hyperventilating. THANK YOU JULIE KAGAWA! It's been about 3 hours since I finished The Iron Knight and I am still very depressed that the series is over. And to get a gem like this, well! I certainly feel MUCH better now. Ash is just amazing in this, the perfect guy. I would love to have a guy like Ash to call mine. I mean he went to the End of the World for Meghan and now this? Uhgg, he is perfect. Very cute story, I loved it. Now, if y'all don't mind, I'm out to write my own ...more
Alyssa
ASH! How romantic and perfect and beautiful. I don't know how girls don't just fall at your feet every time you smile Ash. But the only problem is I have only read Iron King before this... so I did not know Meghan or Ash was married and Queen and King of this place which as not came up yet. but good thing is I don't mind spoilers so all is well! No, it's better because Meghan and Ash are married! *SQUEALING* I'm so looking forward to the book that this happens! Ash how much you have changed. At ...more
Lucy
What can I say except the obvious? - there is DEFINITELY such a thing as TOO MUCH FLUFF. Yeeeeaaah... this was a little too lovey-dovey for me - some parts made me cringe, and make a pained sorta face. But still... this short story evoked such nostalgia - I do so miss Meghan and Ash :] (and FINE... I admit with very little shame to having a ridiculous smile on my face for certain parts). Afterthought: I think I would've given this a higher rating, regardless of fluffy fluff, if Grimalkin and Puc ...more
Becca
A big sigh!

What a wonderful Valentine gift for us readers Mrs. Kagawa! This book story was so sweet and cute. A perfect valentine date. What made it even sweeter is that it was full of smart "inside jokes" as you may call them. Things that only a good reader and a fan of the series can understand. Like Starbucks. Yes, and the blizzard (the most hilarious of all ). Dunno what to add, but I was smiling from the beginning till the end.

A sweet, feather-light addition to my Iron Fey library. Most app
Maria
*big grin*

Sigh. It just goes to show how Meghan's and Ash's story is one of the best love stories in YA.

Makes me sad that the series was over. :(

Lots of love for Julie Kagawa who never ceases to amaze her fans!
AriatheNerd
I never expected my first 5 for the year would be this!!!! :D

I seriously love Ash and Meghan. I am so in love with this series!

I just hope there was more to their story.

Can't wait for the spinoff!!!!
Sierra Abrams
Oh, I know, I'm so bad - I read this before reading The Iron Knight. I'd never ever ever ever do that with pretty much any other series...but....I did this time. Whoops! ;)
Erika
Very sweet and cute. I'm glad JK decided to write it. It was a great valentine gift for the fans of Iron Fey series. A lovely, heartwarming 'epilogue' to an epic love story.
Bonnie
Super cute fluffy-fluff. :) <3
Mai- *♥runs with the Winterians♥ *

ARGH. So Romantic.

I really really love Prince Ash and Meghan's love story. It's not an epic one, it's not too much of a you-and-me-against-the-world but it is so sweet and in short, young love. (weelll, not really.) It makes me feel butterflies on my stomach and thoughts about the Ice Prince alone makes me shiver and think of more than just pretty flying things on my stomach. It feels more like dinosaurs rampaging.

Anyway, it's Valentine's Day! And they are newly married and running the Iron re
Nereid
What an amazing Valentine' Day where Ash and Meagan have the chance to enjoy a romantic evening as themselves pretending that they are mere mortals. This is a treat as we see each of them plan a day for the other and something so simple like dinner and a movie becomes a new experience for them to enjoy. After all they have been through, Ash and Meagan deserve a chance at having a memorable experience to file away when the going gets tough. Ash shines through as the real "knight without shining a ...more
Susan
Feb 20, 2012 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone 14 and up
Recommended to Susan by: Julie Kagawa, Goodreads
Wow, what a wonderful surprise. I was surfing around Goodreads.com after posting a few new reviews and found this on Julie Kagawa's page. I read through the short 24 page story and was enthralled from beginning to end. I already love the Iron Fey series, and have purchased and read each of the short stories as well. This little tidbit fit in perfectly and was a nice Valentine's Surprise! Even though Valentine's Day has passed, I felt that this short story deserved it's post on my blog and a shor ...more
Gravoxic
This was a great "short" little fic! I went online and read it and thought "that is one way to say, im proud of reading the fey series" Not only did it bring out more of Ash's new side "Now that he's half fey" but it also showed how perfect Megan and him are getting along!

*Swooning*

Thank You Julia!!

Maria Rios
I absolutely loved it!!!!! It was so adorable in the way that it began to when in reached the end. I have always been the biggest fan of Ash and this has rekindled the reasons as to why he is my favorite character, the one that I love. It was great to see a new side to each character, Meghan for one, gets the chance to pretend to be a normal teenage girl going on a date, while Ash has the opportunity to do the things that a normal human does. It was a great addition to the series that I have lov ...more
Cᴀᴛʜᴜʀʏᴀ
Nov 01, 2014 Cᴀᴛʜᴜʀʏᴀ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cᴀᴛʜᴜʀʏᴀ by: Nobody
LOL :_
Izzy
Teehee, this has reminded me to read the whole series again. They've been staring at me from my bookshelf. Ash and Meghan, Mash, I have such a couples crush on you two though if I had my way Ash would be mine quicker than you could blink your little iron fey lids. It's sad that I would happily read anything involving them, no matter how trivial. Next I'm hoping for Meghan takes Ash to Tescos (a supermarket for all you Americans).
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Of course, I devoured this little 'extra' posted by Julie Kagawa on Valentine's Day. It was charming and amusing and swoon-worthy... especially Ash's contribution to the date.

Did you pick up that little golden nugget of information?! (The status of Meghan and Ash's relationship!)

I cannot wait till we hear more from them in Ethan's story. This little extra only wet my appetite for more from The Iron Fey world!!!

Thanks Julie!!
Jody
I was so obsessed with Ash the winter faery and for good reason. He just leaves me breathless every time. Still. This gets me excited now, to read Julie’s The Immortal Rules, although I would read anything by Julie Kagawa because she is just that freaking awesome. The Iron Fey is one if not my most favourite book series. I will be thinking about Ash all day now *sigh* what I would do for another Iron Fey book!!
Summer and Winter...: An Iron Fey Valentine 7 23 Aug 05, 2012 12:00PM
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • After the Bridge (The Infernal Devices #3.1)
  • Treachery (Nightshade, #2.5)
  • A Day in the Afterlife of Tod (Soul Screamers, #4.1)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

“I studied him a moment before slipping my arms around his waist. “I guess you look human enough,” I said casually, and he raised an eyebrow. Arrogant faery. He knows exactly how gorgeous he is . "Come on,’ I said, tugging him toward the carriage. “We should hurry or we'll miss our reservation. 17 likes
“I love you, Meghan,” he said quietly, his gaze never leaving my face. A warm glow spread through my stomach, and not from the wine. “I never thought I could be happy again. But you...when I’m with you, everything I’ve endured, everything that’s happened to me, it was all worth it. I will give you a thousand Valentine’s Days, if it makes you smile like that.”He put down his wine and stepped close, taking my glass and setting it on the table. His strong arms wrapped around my waist, drawing me against him. “Forever, Meghan Chase,” he murmured, stroking my cheek. “I’m yours, forever.” 11 likes