Start by marking “Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)” as Want to Read:

Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins #4.5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  370 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Murder She Writes presents a one-of-a-kind romantic suspense anthology with ten all-new, never-before-published short stories and novellas that promise thrills, chills, romance, intrigue, passion, danger, murder...and love. Penned by New York Times and award winning authors, some stories in this exclusive collection will make you laugh out loud while others will force you ...more
Published February 21st 2012 by Murder She Writes Press

To ask other readers questions about Guns and Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guns and Roses

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Pick Your Poison (A Bullet Catchers Novella) by Roxanne St. Claire
Ohh how I miss the Bullet Catchers.. This short was about Benjamin Youngblood who we find Lucy firing at the beginning of the story due to botching a job with the Governor of Florida. Ben knows he was on to something and ask Lucy, if he can prove his theory could he get his job back. She agrees but says he is on his own in his investigation. His gut leads him to flower farmer named Callie Parrish. These two embark on a humorous a
Elizabeth (Liz)
Well, this was an enjoyable anthology, for sure!

The Roxanne St. Claire Bullet Catcher novella was my favorite!! It was just really, really good. You can feel that Ms. St. Claire is so at ease, and in her element, in this genre, and even more so in the world of The Bulletcatchers. It was wonderful to revisit that world with the author.

On the other hand, sadly, I was just a tiny bit disappointed by Lorelei James' entry in this novella, a Rough Riders short which revisits Cam McKay (deputy and wa
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted at
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

HOLY HELL!! This is one talent packed anthology! Two of my favorite and eight new authors I've never read before.

When I found out two of my favorite series were going to be in this anthology I got over the moon excited! I am even more excited to find EIGHT new authors/series I have never read before, they have all been added to my MUST READ list.

I'm not going to lie, I usually only read romances with HEA's, not HFN or continuing romance with one
Marla
I bought this because it had a Bobbie Faye novella in it(the last short story of the book) And it goes back to the awesome, original title type of books one and two, Bobbie Faye's Whacked Out, No Good, Really Sucky, Hot Mess of a Wedding. I was worried about it being a novella, but I think a lot got packed into the short story and it didn't feel too abbreviated at all even with it's novella word length. The bad guys were comically inept, Cameron seems to have gotten over Bobbie Faye and possible ...more
Keri
Thanks Sherri for the lend. Very good read. Some of the authors are go to authors for me. Allison Brennan, Laura Griffin and Sophie Littlefield and I enjoyed their contributions. Some new authors for me, Roxanne St. Claire and Lori G. Armstrong. Loved Lori's contribution so much that I went and bought both of the first book in both of her series. The others were good, but didn't ring my bell.
SheLove2Read
I saw this advertised for $2.99 via a tweet from Lorelei James/Lori Armstrong (same author) and knew this was probably a good one, so I took the plunge and bought it. I'm so happy I did. This was one of the best anthologies I've ever read and definitely a recommended read!

Here's the lowdown:

Pick Your Poison by Roxanne St Clair - NTM author but I like her style. Not too serious and not too humorous, with a bit of flirtation between two people thrown together in a murder plot. Think the old TV sho
Sandy M
I jumped at the chance to review this anthology, which is unusual for me. Anthologies are normally hit and miss for me, I like a few of the novellas and the rest are ho-hum. It takes an exceptionally talented author to give me a satisfying short read, so I’m always wary when it comes to this type of book. But this is a five-star lineup I couldn’t pass up, especially since I’ve read only a few of the authors featured here and have wanted to read a majority of the rest. Did my chance jumping so qu ...more
Emily
There was such a variety in this anthology, I'm going to rate the individual stories below. I read this because I love Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catcher series, but I ended up putting a couple new authors on my tbr list. Overall, a really good anthology, definitely worth reading.

Pick Your Poison (A Bullet Catchers Novella) by Roxanne St. Claire- 4 stars. The story was good but I didn't feel the chemistry between the characters like I usually do with St. Claire's work. Liked it but didn't love
Silver James
With so many novellas in this wonderful romantic suspense anthology, I am going to review each of them as I read them and then give a final rating--which is FIVE STARS! This book is like March--it roared in like a lion with Rocki St. Claire's Bullet Catchers and ended up with some awesomesauce crazy in the form of Toni McGee Causey's indomitable Bobbie Faye. In between is an amazing collection of new and old characters from these talented authors.

First up, Roxanne St. Claire's "Pick Your Poison"
Sobia
Jul 26, 2012 Sobia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook
A pretty decent anthology from the authors over at the Murder She Writes Blog, though not a favorite. Where most book this length take me a day or two to read, this one took me the better part of a week...Some stories were really pretty good, and kept me going, while others helped me get some dreaded chores done, just to avoid reading!

Here's the breakdown, in order:

Pick your poison Roxanne st Clair

Never been much of a RSC fan, something about not being able to connect with her writing...so wh
Cris
[4.5 stars]

I'm generally not a huge fan of novellas & anthologies-- I'm a fast reader, and a novella-length story is over entirely too quickly! This anthology features stories from many of my favourite romantic suspense authors, so getting it seemed like a no-brainer. Each of the MurderSheWrites ladies knocks it out of the park with a well-written story featuring a short mystery, excellent characterisation, and a love story that progresses quickly (given the length) but doesn't feel rushed o
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Let me start out by saying that I have not read less than half of the authors in this anthology before picking this up, so I was very excited to get to sample some new authors! This anthology is more on the mystery side than the romantic suspense, even though there is a romantic undertone to all the stories. Just don't go in expecting a lot of hot and heavy action. I'm giving the anthology in general a rating of 3 stars but there were some stories that s
Darcy
This book was fun, filled with stories from some of my favorite authors within the series they write. My review is based only on the following stories.

I liked the Roxanne St. Claire, I have missed the Bullet Catchers, so it was nice to revisit that world again.

Allison Brennan's story was interesting. I liked the twist that was at the end.

Lori Armstrong's story with Julie Collin's made me laugh. I really like the series and wish there would be more within it.

Sylvia Day's story was fun, set in the
Carol
Well, I'm not really done with the whole book, but I did race through my reason for getting it, which is Toni McGee Causey's latest installment of her Bobbie Faye series. As always, it didn't disappoint! “Bobbie Faye’s Whacked Out, No Good, Really Sucky, Hot Mess of a Wedding” has our favorite disaster-prone heroine approaching her wedding day with more worries than the normal nerves of a typical bride. This novella does a good job of re-introducing all of the main characters we've come to know ...more
Noura Ariz
The stories were alright but some were annoying - like the first one. Ugh! I'd only recommend the one by Sylvia Day.
Maggie
Anthology from ten romantic suspense writers. I am familiar with four of these writers. Two of which would be my favourite. Out of the ten novellas, there were two that held no interest for me.
The stories were good with there different variety of suspense with a love interest to sweeten the tale. The suspense is the main focus in each story. Very well written, with enough capacity to hold your interest. I will not go into a review about each novella, just to say that "Above Reproach" by Allison
Lara at Mean Girls Luv Books
I downloaded this to read Sylvia Day's Blood and Roses which I'd give four stars on its own. It was a fun little action mystery with lots of sex appeal. Plus for Crossfire fans there is a Gideon Cross reference; unfortunately the man himself doesn't make an actual appearance. It had a beginning, middle and end. Some of the other shorts lacked that. Some times it felt like a story was heading down an easy path to follow and then bam it would take a hard right and just end; gave the story an unfin ...more
Katey
First of all, this book was very long. It obviously took forever to get through, but it was also because I was reading other books along with this one. Some of the stories were good, others not so much. I started reading this book mainly because it had an Allison Brennan short story located within, but I didn't feel right crossing this book off my list until I had read the entire thing. So I finally finished it, and I will read the other authors in time.
MsMaybelle
So far I've read Dead Flowers by Lori Armstrong and King of Hearts by Lorelei James.

awww Tony you are so sweet - and Jimmer who would have thought the big bad tough guy could blush.

Cam - you are stronger that you sometimes give yourself credit for. Never doubt it. Doc you are a wise woman - and Happy Valentines Day to you.
Melissa
Apr 15, 2012 Melissa added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Mostly I got the book for Lorelie James' Rough Rider installment. Unfortunately I was really disappointed in it.

I haven't previously read any of the other authors, but thought I'd give their stories a try, maybe find some new reads, but apparently I've moved on, and this book moves to the unfinished shelf.
Heidi R.
What an amazing collection of short stories! The only author I was really familiar with is Lori G. Armstrong, who never disappoints. Her Julie Collins series is amazing, and this short story just left me wanting more! But all the other authors were just as good and I look forward to reading more of their books.
Eileen
Read both Lorelei James' and Lori Armstrong's stories right away. It was good to read about Julie and Martinez again. I love her feistiness. Good to see Cam and Domini again and their crew. I' ll be back to read more. Started Sylvia Day's story. Good writing in short bursts!
Terri Molina
This book is every suspense reader's wet dream!

If you're a fan of any one of these authors, even if you've never read them, you're going to love this book! A collection of stories that will have you on the edge of your seat and wishing the stories didn't end.

Love this book!!
B.E.
This was a pretty fun anthology. I'm familiar with all the authors and I loved reading their shorter stories - especially when the stories were spun from some of their novels. Worth every penny. I'm just kicking myself for not taking the time to read it sooner.
Lily
Jul 07, 2012 Lily added it
I only read the Bobbie Faye story, but I finally think I like Trevor enough to be happy for her. Cam would probably be more type though! It was a good story and it wrapped things up nicely.
Susan
I bought this mainly for the stories by Sylvia Day and Lorelei James. Good thing, cuz those were the only two I really liked. Only so so for me on the others. A few I didn't even bother to finish.
Zafia
I enjoyed this book and the development between Julie and Tony was great.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oh and this review and rating is only meant for Lori G Armstrong's SS.
Laurie Lenzini
4 stars only because I'm not a fan of short stories. Not enough meat to them. But I was dying for a Bullet Catcher Fix so I read it. Story was good but too short for my liking.
Jan
I long waited to hear about Julie Collins and the wait was worth it. Now just hoping for more from my favorite authors. Great read for those who love a variety.
Jen
I bought this for the story about Julie & Tony (who I LOVE) and that story was 5 stars or more! A few others were good but some were only so so.
  • Pick Your Poison
  • What You Can't See (Includes: Bullet Catcher novella; Seven Deadly Sins Prequel)
  • Wild West Boys (Wild West Boys, #1 & #2)
  • Love Is Murder
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Includes: Bullet Catcher)
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Men Out of Uniform (Three Novellas of Erotic Surrender) (Includes: Shadow Stalkers, #2)
Lori Armstrong is the two-time winner of the Shamus Award given by the Private Eye Writers of America and a New York Times bestselling author of contemporary western erotic romance, written as Lorelei James. Her books have won the Willa Cather Literary Award and have been nominated for the High Plains Book Award and the Daphne du Maurier Award. She lives in western South Dakota - See more at: http ...more
More about Lori G. Armstrong...
Blood Ties (PI Julie Collins, #1) No Mercy (A Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #1) Hallowed Ground (PI Julie Collins, #2) Shallow Grave (PI Julie Collins, #3) Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)