Start by marking “Taken (The Vampire Legends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken (The Vampire Legends, #2)

Taken (The Vampire Legends #2)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  749 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Rachel Wood finally learns the secret that her new boyfriend, Benji, has been hiding: he is a vampire.

But Rachel refuses to believe it. Thinking he is crazy, she runs from him, and resolves to never see him again.

But despite herself, Rachel can’t stop thinking of him. As he comes to her in her dreams, Rachel can’t help wondering if maybe, just maybe, it is all true.

Meanwhi
ebook, 1st Edition, 150 pages
Published December 21st 2011 by Emma Knight

Katie
This is a total continuation from Sworn, book one and the first paragraph takes off from where it ended. I did like this aspect and it set the whole story for this book. The storyline is interesting, but a little typical of vampire stories, the characters aren’t yet fully explored and I am interested to read the next couple of books to see where they go.

Benji and Rachel escaped the school dance and Rachel is trying to get Benji to explain how he is capable of such strength and speed. Benji is fr
Linda
This one was a read where the cover ate me up and drew me in LOL Thought the blurb was good enough to read, but starting it I soon realized its not for me. The Hero claims to be 3000 years old, but hes sulking and screaming, worse than a boy. The heroine is 15 and living at home, thats when I knew Ive opened the wrong book. I need more Adult, not HS drama. Sorry. ...more
Lori
Ok book..

After reading the 1st book of this series I really believed it could only get better not worse but it's about the same. Rather help being stupid, whiny, getting a bit more sneaky and defying her parent for her new friends. The school come on, after one stupid fight they make it seem like the school had a major shooting or something, a bit over active written.g on that part. Benjii being dumb enough to tell his secret then his brother Hunter with the evil vampire violet that has superson
Sheena
I will finish reading this series simply because I hate not finishing a series when I start it. Reading these, one would jump to assume that the author is a fan of Twilight since when reading you find yourself thinking "oh how very Twilight". That is frustrating..I like originality. But I definitely was asking myself if this was some Twilight fan fiction. Too many similarities.

And of course, the errors are another thorn in my side. Having someone to edit your work before you release it should
Jasmine White
Oct 03, 2014 Jasmine White rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Brainless Human Beings
Recommended to Jasmine by: Possibly Google Play Store
Welcome back to the 2nd part of my review and this book series! I thought I will NEVER read another book from this series again...I lied... I only read it because it was free and I was bored so I was like "why not?". I at least expected to be a lot better from the last book(you know at least an OK book) but it even made it worst. It's like stupider than the first one.

Rachael finds out Benji is a vampire (no you think?!), and totally freaks the fuck out and never get to talk to him again. Everyth
Lana
Sep 04, 2014 Lana rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
Emma, I love your covers - the artwork is well done. The storyline was sorta ok, but you really need to find someone who can edit your work for you. There were so many mistakes in the story that I felt that you must be a teenager writing these books.

Even still, someone out there should really assist you to make these books a lot better. I gave you a poor review because you also don't read up on your previous work. You make mistakes that mess up the storyline. For example: you have the main chara
Jessica
I don't think I've ever read a book as fast as I've read Taken by Emma Knight. But to be fair, I skipped several pages, particularly the ones that featured Hunter and Violet. I'll get to those two in a minute though. While this was a slightly better improvement than the first book, I still hated it. This book made me so angry.

When I reviewed the first book I said that I would not be continuing on with the series, but I decided to give this one a chance because maybe I had just been too harsh the
Sarah Miles
While continuing an interesting story from book one and letting Rachel know that vampires are real, the book is ruined by poor writing/a lack of editing. The story lacks flow and continues to present Rachel as way more fickle than any high school student I've ever known. I do like that it focuses on a few different characters this time, so it's expanding this world that Emma Knight's building. Unfortunately, this book started to make me feel like she's trying to toss in as many popular vampire t ...more
Crystal
Books like these really frustrate me and that's why I rated it so low. Really it's just a continuation of the last book and could have been put into a single book form instead of having multiple book and selling for the proceeds instead of the actual story. The other thing that really bothers me is that the editing is terrible there's a lot of words that are spelled correctly but it's the wrong word like vain and vein . I just wish the author could have taken the time and put it in the format of ...more
April McAbee
Why did I just buy the next book?

So here I am an avid reader with over a thousand ebooks available and read on my kindle and I hurt my leg in October and I am still on bed rest so finding good entertainment has been hard. Yes I am an adult who love ya paranormal romance books but this one is very immature. The main character Racheal is only fifteen and the vampire love in question is three thousand years old. I read this book in three hours as the story line and complexity of the language used i
Shelly
Where are Rachel’s parents? Can someone tell me? Talk about phoning it in. This girl EASILY sneaks out of her house when she is GROUNDED and she even has a stay-at-home mum! No wonder they have a daughter who is such a mess. Who falls madly in love just looking at the person? YOU DON’T KNOW THEM. You need to know someone to love them. It’s called lust, people!

This story still seems like a Twilight rip off. I can barely stand the main character. The plot seems like a bad afterschool special about
Marianna
After reading books one and two I'm still not impressed with the quality or depth of the story line. The scenes are basic. I doubt I will continue with the series.
Joy
Once again, didn't live up to potential. This could be such a great series if she had fully developed the story and characters. Instead, whole transitions and developments are left out to the point that you feel like you are jumping from month to month, but in reality the entire story so far has been only a few days. I also didn't like the continual shifting of point of view. One moment, you are with Rachel, the next Hunter, then Benji, and even Sarah. Too many stories. She needs to concentrate ...more
Jordan
Rachel Wood finally learns the secret that her new boyfriend, Benji has been hiding he is a vampire. Rachel refuses to believe it. Thinking he is crazy, she runs from him, and thinks to never see him again. Rachel can’t stop thinking of him. As he comes to her in her dreams, Rachel can’t help wondering if maybe, just maybe, it is all true. The setting of this book was in Benji's house which is a castle. I recommend this book to people who like to read about vampires and enjoy and entraining stor ...more
Deena
Wow. These books are so confusing. Things happen to quick. Theres no details that space
events out. Like in the first book, where did benji come from?? Out of no where. Benji was shoved into the scene, when ur suposed to ease a character like tht in. Or atleast have more reference on him earlier on.Rachel, her character is so irrational? I guess u could say. Shes so braty. Sneaking out? Drinking, smoking, going to crazy parties? What the heck? This whole series needs to be touchened up.this book
Nancy
So far, still not impressed with the believability of the characters and their relationship to one another. Reactions seem forced, imbalances and completely reactionary with little or no convincing internal monologue to explain thought process leading to said knee-jerk reaction.
Still reading, though.

Ok. I finished it. Still didn't enjoy it. The best word I can think of to describe my main issue is "disjointed." The basic idea of the story is decent, but it's like a conglomeration of all the va
Katie
Horrible. Seriously. Has anyone who reviewed this book ever actually *read* it??? It's like a fourth grade vampire assignment. Honestly, even though I got it for free I feel like I wasted my money. I wanted to literally throw my reading device. The "dialogue" would be excellent... If you had accidentally swallowed poison and needed to vomit to save your life. And even then death might be preferable.
Angie Peoples
This paranormal teen romance was definitely unique. It was a quick fast read about forbidden teenage love and a set of overbearing human parents set on keeping their daughter, Rachel, away from the elusive, Benji, who is a 3,000 year old vampire. Because of the consistent grammatical and typo errors, I decided not to rate this book higher; however, if these errors were corrected, I would rate it 4 stars.
Lisa
Katie
***SPOILERS*** I want to kick my own butt for reading this book! It's so bad!! I'm sorry, but when Benji spread his white wings and flew through they sky, I just hung my head low, shoot my head in disbelief, and turned off the Kindle. Save yourself - don't read this book.
Sara
2.5 stars....slightly better than the first book. Not liking the Twilight-ish similarities...the story started original and should stay that way (it HAS potential). Starting the third book...something is keeping me reading, maybe hope? Hope that it improves? *fingers crossed*
Billie Jensen
Um, ya

It started off pretty good but quickly turned into something I imagine a teenager wrote to follow in response to "Twilight" minus the wolves. Not even considering downloading the other books. Disappointing.
Shaunna
I wanted to give this series more of a chance, so I continued on with this book. It has a pretty good story line, but the dialogue and name brand dropping is getting tedious. I will try the next book, but I am just not sure :(
Tami Urbanek
and im being very generous!! the similarities to Twilight I'm praying will end in this one or I won't make it thru this series.. she needs to develop the plot a bit more, things are happening a little to fast!
Krista
#2 was still free so I kept reading hoping this series would get better, that the author would mature in her style and possibly hire an editor. None of those things happened.
Micah
This book had more to the story but it felt rushed, like you were try to catch your breath about what happened and the then you get hit with another shocker. Maked the story off balance.
Racheal
I couldn't do it. Just kept getting worse with every page. The characters. OY THE CHARACTERS. So flat and just the dialogue was so...ughhh. I can't even.
Barbara Zeh
Even though I wasn’t crazy about the 1st book, I decided to go ahead and give the 2nd book a shot, in hopes that it would get better. When an author writes a series, it especially one that is supposed to be a continuation of the first, it is expected that book 2 will pick up where the other left off. That is SO not the case here. It is almost as if Taken was written by a different author.

The writing is still very choppy, and I am still not impressed with the character. There is no depth and they
Michael Reale
I did not realize that this book was meant for teens. Nonetheless, I did find it to be well written and engaging.
Tonya Bobo
I gave a 3 out of pure compassion. This series is boring. Spice it up a little.
  • Craved (Book #10 in the Vampire Journals)
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • The Iron in Blood
  • Parched (Parched, #1)
  • Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1)
  • Change of Fate (The Briar Creek Vampires #4)
  • Window
  • Charred Heart (Heart of Fire, #1)
  • Heart of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #2)
  • Beautiful Sins: The Sacrifice (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #3)
  • Dark Love
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • The Hottest Guy in Hollywood (Storm, #1)
  • Hit the Road Jack (Vamp Chronicles, #3)

The Vampire Legends (7 books)
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • Bitten (Vampire Legends, #3)
  • Chosen (Vampire Legends, #4)
  • Awakened (Vampire Legends, #5)
  • Risen (Vampire Legends, #6)
  • Fallen (Book #7 of the Vampire Legends)
Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1) Bitten (Vampire Legends, #3) Chosen (Vampire Legends, #4) Awakened (Vampire Legends, #5) Risen (Vampire Legends, #6)