Start by marking “Wrath (The Niteclif Evolutions, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wrath (The Niteclif Evolutions, #2)

Wrath (The Niteclif Evolutions #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"Haunted by personal betrayal, stalked by a murderer and taunted by destiny. Finding justice not to mention a little faith has never been so hard. "

"The Niteclif Evolutions, Book 2"

A murderer is terrorizing the streets of London, targeting women who look suspiciously like Maddy. Under the mantle of darkness, the killer attacks his victims from behind, severing their heads
Published April 3rd 2012 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath

jD
I am really loving this series. In 'Wrath' book 2 of the Nighclif series, Maddy is dealing with heartache and prophecy. It is foretold that she would love two men. Well actually it's more complicated than that. Bottomline, the first she would love and experience heartbreak, the second would be the one she stays with.

Maddy's story picks up a few weeks after the end of book 1. She is not recovering well from some nasty injuries she received from the battle royale ending of book 1. Her lover, Bay
Marlene
Apr 03, 2012 Marlene rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at http://www.readingreality.net/2012/04...

Wrath is the second book in Denise Tompkins' Niteclif Evolutions. The story takes up immediately, and I do mean immediately, where Legacy leaves off. (This review contains spoilers for Legacy, book 1 of The Niteclif Evolutions. If you haven't read Legacy, check out my review, then go forth and read Legacy. It's a terrific and necessary introduction to the Niteclif supernatural world of Wrath.)

As Wrath opens, Maddy Nitec
Orena
Jun 29, 2013 Orena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
i loved this book,and the way it cuts off in the end makes you want to read more so you have to wait for the next book to come out .
Madeline
Jun 18, 2012 Madeline rated it it was amazing
Wrath is the second installment in the Nighcliff series. This story takes up immediately where Legacy concluded. Maddy is foretold that she will fall in love with a man that will break her heart and have a love the defies the ages with a second man.
Bay and Maddy are not doing well. Maddy is not healing and Bay cannot forgive himself or Maddy for having to kill his father and sister. Maddy moves out of his house so Bay can have some space. Bay decides that they are over.
While Maddy is staying a
Kris
Jun 11, 2012 Kris rated it it was ok
Ugh, my computer blurped and I lost my long rant - er, review. I suppose the tl;dr version is this:

Ms. Tompkins takes two books to do what Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series needed at least 5 to do, namely ridiculous love triangles with roll-your-eyes steamy sex scenes. However, unlike this book at least Anita Blake seemed to focus more on murder scenes and actual logic than Maddy does (for all that she is supposedly Sherlock Holmes's great-great-granddaughter). Not to say that Anita Blake

Tamra LeValley
Good Read! I am glad that I read Legacy prior to reading Wrath.

I think there was too much of Maddy's personal love life in this book and not enough sleuthing. I was looking forward to some Sherlock Holmes crime solving to happen. It felt as if the "sudden" solving of this crime was more luck than actual criminal deduction.

Maddy also seems to be one unhappy lady even though every warlock and dragon want to bed her. She is either crying or "bitching" with no sense of happiness. She is one depress
Grace
May 07, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to say it... I don't like Bay.

I can only hope Denise doesn't go all Anita Blake on this series because I don't want the Bay - Maddy thing to happen again or for a weird Hellion - Bay - Maddy trio to occur.
Elizabeth
Dec 26, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
A little late with my review on this one. I loved it as much as the first and read it in one sunburned sitting in the back yard (with the exception of making dinner and stressing out that the story might carry on without me).
I adore Maddy and cheer along side her, she's a great heroine and I enjoy her point of view. I also like even though it's entirely from Maddy's POV we don't know what the ending is until she experiences it. She's a clever detective who doesn't reveal who done it until the ve
Tia
Jul 04, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
The second book was epic and awesome and full of amazingness that wasn't in the first novel. I loved it so much that I just can't wait for the third installment to come out. Despite the first book only being okay, the second book makes it worth reading.
Tibby Armstrong
Mar 07, 2012 Tibby Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Expect the unexpected...

I had the privilege of reading this book before publication. As always, Ms. Tompkins hits world building and romantic sizzle out of the park. Snark is high and dragons fly low in this sequel to Ms. Tompkins' debut novel, "Legacy".
Mhari
Feb 05, 2013 Mhari rated it liked it
I liked it, but it really did NOT go the way I wanted it, I really didn't understand the why of it, or the complete 180 maddie within 2 mins.... Dunno if I'm reading the next 1....
Sophia (FV)
Jun 23, 2012 Sophia (FV) rated it liked it
review to come
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
jenna
jenna marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Creslin
Creslin marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Moji-Sola
Moji-Sola rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Alan Ferkinhoff
Alan Ferkinhoff marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Tanya Gaunt
Tanya Gaunt marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Bahijah hasan
Bahijah hasan marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Doreen
Doreen marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • Secret Seduction
  • The Vampire And The Highland Empath (Highland Sorcery, #2)
  • The Queen's Betrayal (Bloodtruth #2)
  • The Craftsman
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)
  • Blood-Bonded by Force (The Community Series #3)
  • Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, #2)
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Colder than Ice (Mordecai Young, #2)
  • The Sacrifice
  • Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run
  • The Foul Mouth and the Fanged Lady (The King Henry Tapes, #1)
  • Whitehorse
  • Dragon Summons (Sector Guard, #8)
  • The Dragon’s Woman (Fated Trilogy, #3)
  • Once Bitten (Drac Duology #2)
  • Fate (The Legacy, # 1)
I hate talking about myself in the third person--feels too much like a eulogy and I'm not dead yet. So here it goes, one biography coming up.

Humor, be it light or dark, is critical to my mental health. Add a dash of snark, a little suspense and an occasional murder and you've found my literary voice. Oh, and smexy. Can't forget the smexy. My theory is a kiss should be meaningful regardless of leng
More about Denise Tompkins...

The Niteclif Evolutions (3 books)
  • Legacy (The Niteclif Evolutions, #1)
  • Vengeance (The Niteclif Evolutions, #3)