Start by marking “Second Time Around” as Want to Read:
Second Time Around

Second Time Around

2.64 of 5 stars 2.64  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Jamie lives with his straight modeling best friend of three years, John. He’s finally achieved his life long dream of opening up his own bakery and John throws him a party. There he meets Matthew, co-owner of the Home Improvement shop across the street from his new bakery. They hit it off.
Only there’s one problem. Matthew is possibly straight and theres a 90% chance that
ebook, First Edition
Published May 30th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Second Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Time Around

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jun 17, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Making connections
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Okay
Rating: R
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: I really enjoyed it. Short but so sweet.
Characters: Interesting
Plot: A short stint into the mind of Jamie, can’t wait for more
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: sure
Book Boyfriend: John

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Most everyone has fear that surrounds them in some way. This story is about fear from being oneself. Is it really your fault people make assumptions? And why should anyone fear retaliation once people realize their o
Sheri
This was an enjoyable short story. Jamie is about to open his own bakery and has a chance to meet some of his new neighbors. Matthew and Jamie seem to hit it off, but Jamie is unsure of Matthew's sexual orientation or if he is interested in him.

The characters and the setting in the story were fun, and it was an entertaining story.
Elizabeth Gorski
Second Time Around, written by H.A. Caine, is a very brief romance novella of only 33 pages. However, H.A. uses those 33 pages skillfully to tell the brief story of Jamie and his roommate, John. John has thrown a party for Jamie who is finally realizing his dream of opening his own bakery, Delightful Sins. While at the party, Jamie meets one of the owners of the nearby home improvement shop, Matthew. Jamie finds himself smitten but he’s relatively certain that Matthew believes he is a woman.

Seco
Tricia Kristufek
The more he thought about it, the more he was certain Matthew had no idea he was a guy.

Jamie is finally going to open his own bakery, and his roommate, John, throws him a party to celebrate. There he meets Matthew, the hot co-owner of the Home Improvement store on the same block as Jamie's bakery. But since Jamie prefers to wear female clothes, he's not so sure Matthew knows he's a guy.

This short story is all about second chances, being true to yourself, and following your dreams. Jamie has a st
Pragya
This is a short story/ novella about Jamie who falls in love with a guy who is possibly straight and doesn’t know that Jamie is a guy too. This leads to some confusion and then after a twist, the story ends on a happy note.

The book makes for a very quick read and is almost like a snapshot of the author’s writing so that you know what to expect from her and read more of her (possibly) full-length novels.

The plot makes for an innovative concept and I especially liked the bakery bit because like th
Tana
H.A. Caine has written a short and sweet story.

Second Time Around is a short story about a man named Jamie who is falling his dreams and is about to open his own bakery. While at his party to celebrate he meets Matthew, now he questions himself wondering if Matthew knows Jamie is a guy and the next concern he wonders if Matthew is even gay? This story is a short, cute, fun read and I really loved Jamie and only wanted the best for him.

I enjoyed this story and I like H.A. Caine’s writing and wi
Anke
It was a nice and easy short read. For me there was more interaction between Matthew and Jamie missing.
Don Bradshaw
An entertaining short piece of fluff about a case of very mistaken identity.
Jamie
Jamie added it
Apr 24, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
A.
A. added it
Feb 16, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 05, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 28, 2014
I want to write stories that people enjoy, that stick in their minds and (hopefully) put a smile on their face. I grew up writing and have no intentions of stopping now. When I’m not writing, I’m usually sitting in a corner on my e-reader. Or baking; who doesn’t like sweets?
More about H.A. Caine...
Magick's Cucumber Ares Purpose From Love and Pain The Call Love Is Always Write: Volume Six