Start by marking “The Servant Problem” as Want to Read:
The Servant Problem

The Servant Problem

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Selling a whole town, and doing it inconspicuously, can be a little difficult … either giving it away freely, or in a more normal sense of “selling”. People don't quite believe it…
Science Fiction
Play Duration: 00:59:52
Public Domain stories from Project Gutenberg, that are read by volunteers.
First published in I“Analog Science Fact Science Fiction”

Free download from Libr
Audiobook, MP3
Published October 11th 2009 by LibriVox.org (first published November 1962)

To ask other readers questions about The Servant Problem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Servant Problem

D.M. Dutcher
It's not one of his best, yet the interesting themes deserve a novel.

A real estate agent is invited to a far-away town to do some business. He thinks he is there to appraise a house or two, but to his shock, he soon finds out the sole resident is demanding him to sell the entire town, under some very odd conditions. What is her secret?

It's fairly clumsy for Young, and lacks the elegance of his best work. But the idea is very interesting, and I think suffers from the short length. If it were exte
Karl Smithe
This is a really cool short story which I can only describe as "charming". I could have read Robert F. Young and may have read one of his stories back in the old days but I really do not recall ever having heard of him.

This story is curiously similar to Cat and Mouse by Ralph Williams, which was nominated for a Hugo, but this story is better. It is just a different type of tale and not driven by excitement. The science discussion is better also.
Ralph McEwen
A interesting short story, with with a twist at the end..
The story is told in a narrative and conversational style.

The narrator is well spoken, his voice is clear and easy to listen to.
The recording good is clean with out any background noises. There plenty of volume. The editing is seamless.
Cheryl
A little longer than most of the pulp SF from librivox, but quite interesting. I will say, the whole time I was listening I was expecting a certain ending - but, although my prediction was near the mark, Young had a surprise to add. Well-done.
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jun 06, 2014
Name
Name added it
Jul 03, 2013
The Dandelion Girl Допълнителна примамка The Worlds of Robert F. Young Eridahn Star Mother