Murder at the End of the World

Murder at the End of the World

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When the wife of a politician is murdered in the isolated port-city of Illdara, junior detective Allison Newberry is sent in to keep the case from growing cold. It's the assignment that no one else wants to deal with.

The case is immediately complicated by the nature of the city. Everyone is cold and unfriendly, unwilling to answer even the most basic questions from an outs...more
Published January 28th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the End of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the End of the World

Glenda Christianson
Written by an American, Jonathan Garrett, this short mystery novel has a decidedly British flavor. It is unclear in what the time period this story takes place, but the lack of technology would indicate sometime prior to cell phones and lap top computers. It has an overall "Nancy Drew"-ish feel to it.

The isolated city of Illdara is quite unique. Garrett spends a lot of time and detail in building this world. The result is wonderfully dark and mysterious - a perfect setting for his story.

Allison...more
Beth Bares

Pleasantly surprised.

I absolutley loved Allison Newberry, the detective sent to the the city of Illdara, to solve a murder. Some of the other characters were a little less interesting, but none the less played a part in Allison solving the case. There were quite a few twist and turns. I thought I had it figured out half way through, but was totally stunned at the end.

The only drawback I found was, the time period wasn't clear at first and had to assume on my own. However, it didn't play a part i...more
Raven
May 06, 2013 Raven rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: lt
Murder at the End of the World is a story that takes place in the ages of horse drawn buggies, it reminds me of an old Sherlock Holmes type of mystry/murder who done it type of book.

The setting takes place in a small backwater town and to solve the murder of a politicians wife. A female detective shows up in town to figure out the mystery but she in not to welcomed at all, and tries to figure out what strange things are going on in Illdara.
Misanthropist
A very fun and interesting mystery book.

Full review: http://hiyokonojinsei.dreamwidth.org/...
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013