Start by marking “The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)

The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (Val & Kit Mystery Series #1)

This first book in The Val & Kit Mystery Series introduces Realtor Valerie Pankowski and her best friend since childhood, Kit James. Val, who has just signed her divorce papers and a lease on a new apartment, receives a call from a prospective client, Mavis Woodstock (a vaguely familiar name). Mavis insists she has to sell her house as quickly as possible, but then doe ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Blake Oliver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock

Christoph Fischer
Sep 19, 2014 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock" by Rosalind Burgess and Patricia Obermaier Neuman was a real surprise find for me. It's been on my kindle for ages and I cannot even remember when I got it.
I was very pleased to find a hugely entertaining story about two women investigating said disappearance of the title. Only, they are realtors and are initially after the listing of the property.
Great takes on the world of realtors, a bit of chicklit and a very smooth flow make this a very enjoyable and r
Peggy Randall-Martin
Mar 16, 2012 Peggy Randall-Martin rated it it was amazing
Rarely are two polar opposites as well suited for lasting friendship as Val and Kit, but the combo is dynamic. What one doesn’t research, the other imagines … they could have been the love children of Erin Brockovich and Columbo!

Their day to day lives couldn’t be more different, but that’s the foam in their lattes as they mix their fun-loving, diverse personalities with a by-the-seat-of-your-pants investigation into the strange disappearance of a former classmate.

“The Disappearance of Mavis Wood
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
THE TWISTED WOODSTOCKS

I highly recommend this novel and I’m looking forward to the next book in this series. I was kept guessing throughout the entire novel and I like that.

The analogies throughout are priceless and often made me laugh.

A mysterious email and Mavis’ disappearance drives Valerie, a real estate agent forward to find answers. Her best friend, Kit can’t resist the temptation to play detective right along with Val.
You will continually wonder, as I did: Why did Mavis suddenly change h
Gae-Lynn Woods
Jan 18, 2013 Gae-Lynn Woods rated it it was amazing
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF MAVIS WOODSTOCK is a great mystery and an entertaining read. I've fallen in love with Val and Kit. Seriously. They're great gals, working their way toward middle age and dealing with all the hassles that life brings. And along comes a mystery, one that Val just can't drop. A high school friend (Mavis) wants Val to sell her home, and then suddenly she doesn't. Not long after, Mavis is found dead in her garage, an apparent suicide.

Is Val driven by guilt over the fact that nei
Alicia Kline
Aug 05, 2013 Alicia Kline rated it it was amazing
I probably would never have come across this book if I hadn't been introduced to these ladies via Twitter. After reading some of their blog posts and having a few discussions with them online, it was a no-brainer for me to download this book during one of their free days and give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

For anyone who is hesitant about reading this because it's written by two authors - and I'll admit I was skeptical on how that would work out - don't be. It's impressive how the writing flows
Laura Gabbard
Jun 18, 2012 Laura Gabbard rated it liked it
Val, a real estate salesperson, is recently divorced, settling into her new apartment, and celebrating her 50th birthday when she stumbles onto a mystery involving a quiet and homely girl she barely remembers from high school. The girl, Mavis Woodstock, mysteriously disappears and then later is discovered dead. Val, who does not believe the official ruling of suicide, gets her friend Kit to help her find out what really happened to Mavis. A very fun read and apparently there are other Val and Ki ...more
T's Book ~ Tanja
This a super cute, fast read. Perfect for the gym (if you read on the elliptical as I do) I love that the characters are older than most these days. Val and Kit are hilarious! I love a good girlfriend silly caper. I can not wait till the next book comes out. I see a big fan base growing here.
Check out it out at http://ktbookreviews.blogspot.com/
Whitebeard Books
Sep 22, 2012 Whitebeard Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
If you enjoy zany characters and friendships that are all about doing together what neither would ever do alone, then you’ll like these ladies. The story itself is totally twisted and gives the amateur sleuth plenty of chances to pick the villain. I really look forward to the next in this series.
Christy
Oct 25, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
I found this to be an enjoyable book. There is some mystery and intrigue, who-dunnit, mysterious characters, all w/o the book taking itself too seriously. The main characters are entertaining but not over the top goofy. I would read more from this series.
Dave Folsom
Mar 08, 2012 Dave Folsom rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's well-written, humorous in places, a good plot and a bit of a surprise ending. An easy read, that is paced well, with enough twists and turns to keep you reading to the end.
Junassicpark
Sep 03, 2012 Junassicpark rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, mystery, series
This was an enjoyable read that kept my attention. I plan to read more books in the Val & Kit Mystery Series.
Melissa
Sep 12, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
I have to say, I wasn't sure if the book would keep my interest, but, did so. Enjoyable, fun book to read!
kathy james
super cute story about a middle aged realtor, recently divorced and trying to solve a mystery.
Anne
Jul 07, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
It was a good mystery. I look forward to these lively girls adventures continuing!
Judi Niermann
Jun 09, 2012 Judi Niermann rated it really liked it
Easy read, enjoyed it.
reminiscent of Sue Grafton mysteries
Cathy
Jul 02, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it
The best book I have read from the Kindle Lending Library.
Sarah Micklewright
Feb 16, 2014 Sarah Micklewright rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to read more
E
May 16, 2013 E rated it really liked it
Fun mystery. Another Kindle freebie.
Melody
May 12, 2013 Melody rated it really liked it
Recommended
Sue
The one good thing about the book is that you really don't have a clue who "did it" until the end. However, Kit and Val's rationale for searching for the truth behind Mavis's death was unbelievable, some of the things they did just didn't make sense. The ending was quite abrupt and a bit of a let down. At times the main characters are likable and did like it kept me guessing -otherwise would have gotten a 2.
Nixieh
Aug 01, 2014 Nixieh rated it liked it
Decent book for a freebie. Characters could have been more developed (or less predictable.) I was annoyed at some of the editing. (Authors PLEASE! Have someone proof read for timeline continuity!) I don't think I would buy another book in the series hut it was an enjoyable fast and mostly cute read.
Marilyn
Nov 21, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Good

the many strange evil people in the family of the murder victim.the twin brother is a mental case.the ending is a surprise.
Julie
Feb 15, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
A good story about a real estate agent and her friend who are determined to solve the murder of a former classmate.
Lbousson
Sep 03, 2015 Lbousson rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy mystery fans
This is book one of the "Val and Kit Mystery Series". It's a strong beginning to a series. The book was written by two women; the protagonists are two women; the mystery is a cozy.

I think if you like cozy mysteries by Peggy Webb, then you will like this story as well.

It involves childhood friends Val and Kit as they work to solve a missing client of Val (a realtor.)

The story was well developed and the characters felt true to life. It read fast and kept me engaged. I didn't find myself wanderin
Simone
Jul 04, 2015 Simone rated it it was ok
Peggy
Jul 26, 2016 Peggy rated it it was amazing
I never ever thought that!!!

The book was excellent. It kept me reading and I never expected the turn of event that took place. I cannot wait for book two.
Terry
Terry is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
  • A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #4)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Freezer Burn (A Peri Minneopa Mystery, #1)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3)
  • Heaven Preserve Us (Home Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • The Puzzle (Samantha Jamison Mystery #1)
  • Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery #1)
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy Mystery, #1)
  • Kindred Crimes
  • Mad Money
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • Last Diner Standing (Rose Strickland Mystery, #2)
  • Fancy Gap
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Hark! The Herald Angel Screamed (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
Co-authors Rosalind Burgess and Patricia Obermeier Neuman, aka Roz and Patty, met in Minneapolis through mutual friend Lee (a REAL character, in the best sense of the word).

Now a proud and patriotic U.S. citizen and Texan, Roz grew up in London and currently calls Houston home. She has also lived in Germany, Iowa, and Minnesota. Roz retired from the airline industry to devote all her working hours
More about Rosalind Burgess...

Val & Kit Mystery Series (4 books)
  • The Murder of Susan Reed (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #2)
  • Death in Door County (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #3)
  • Lethal Property (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #4)