Start by marking “The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)

The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (Val & Kit Mystery Series #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  23 reviews
This first book in The Val & Kit Mystery Series introduces Realtor Valerie Pankowski and her best friend since childhood, Kit James. Val, who has just signed her divorce papers and a lease on a new apartment, receives a call from a prospective client, Mavis Woodstock (a vaguely familiar name). Mavis insists she has to sell her house as quickly as possible, but then doe ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Blake Oliver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock

Christoph Fischer
"The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock" by Rosalind Burgess and Patricia Obermaier Neuman was a real surprise find for me. It's been on my kindle for ages and I cannot even remember when I got it.
I was very pleased to find a hugely entertaining story about two women investigating said disappearance of the title. Only, they are realtors and are initially after the listing of the property.
Great takes on the world of realtors, a bit of chicklit and a very smooth flow make this a very enjoyable and r
Alle Wells
Middle-aged, Real Estate Agent Valerie Pankowski receives a phone call from a forgotten classmate that could result in a sweet listing for the firm. Before Valerie can get the paperwork done, her former classmate, Mavis, disappears and is later found dead from an apparent suicide. Valerie doesn’t believe that Mavis committed suicide and becomes obsessed with finding out what really happened to her. Valerie and her old school chum, Kit, dangerously delve into Mavis’s private life and uncover a se ...more
Peggy Randall-Martin
Rarely are two polar opposites as well suited for lasting friendship as Val and Kit, but the combo is dynamic. What one doesn’t research, the other imagines … they could have been the love children of Erin Brockovich and Columbo!

Their day to day lives couldn’t be more different, but that’s the foam in their lattes as they mix their fun-loving, diverse personalities with a by-the-seat-of-your-pants investigation into the strange disappearance of a former classmate.

“The Disappearance of Mavis Wood
Rebecca
THE TWISTED WOODSTOCKS

I highly recommend this novel and I’m looking forward to the next book in this series. I was kept guessing throughout the entire novel and I like that.

The analogies throughout are priceless and often made me laugh.

A mysterious email and Mavis’ disappearance drives Valerie, a real estate agent forward to find answers. Her best friend, Kit can’t resist the temptation to play detective right along with Val.
You will continually wonder, as I did: Why did Mavis suddenly change h
Gae-Lynn Woods
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF MAVIS WOODSTOCK is a great mystery and an entertaining read. I've fallen in love with Val and Kit. Seriously. They're great gals, working their way toward middle age and dealing with all the hassles that life brings. And along comes a mystery, one that Val just can't drop. A high school friend (Mavis) wants Val to sell her home, and then suddenly she doesn't. Not long after, Mavis is found dead in her garage, an apparent suicide.

Is Val driven by guilt over the fact that nei
Alicia Kline
I probably would never have come across this book if I hadn't been introduced to these ladies via Twitter. After reading some of their blog posts and having a few discussions with them online, it was a no-brainer for me to download this book during one of their free days and give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

For anyone who is hesitant about reading this because it's written by two authors - and I'll admit I was skeptical on how that would work out - don't be. It's impressive how the writing flows
Laura Gabbard
Val, a real estate salesperson, is recently divorced, settling into her new apartment, and celebrating her 50th birthday when she stumbles onto a mystery involving a quiet and homely girl she barely remembers from high school. The girl, Mavis Woodstock, mysteriously disappears and then later is discovered dead. Val, who does not believe the official ruling of suicide, gets her friend Kit to help her find out what really happened to Mavis. A very fun read and apparently there are other Val and Ki ...more
T's Book
This a super cute, fast read. Perfect for the gym (if you read on the elliptical as I do) I love that the characters are older than most these days. Val and Kit are hilarious! I love a good girlfriend silly caper. I can not wait till the next book comes out. I see a big fan base growing here.
Check out it out at http://ktbookreviews.blogspot.com/
Whitebeard Books
If you enjoy zany characters and friendships that are all about doing together what neither would ever do alone, then you’ll like these ladies. The story itself is totally twisted and gives the amateur sleuth plenty of chances to pick the villain. I really look forward to the next in this series.
Christy
I found this to be an enjoyable book. There is some mystery and intrigue, who-dunnit, mysterious characters, all w/o the book taking itself too seriously. The main characters are entertaining but not over the top goofy. I would read more from this series.
Dave Folsom
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's well-written, humorous in places, a good plot and a bit of a surprise ending. An easy read, that is paced well, with enough twists and turns to keep you reading to the end.
Junassicpark
This was an enjoyable read that kept my attention. I plan to read more books in the Val & Kit Mystery Series.
Melissa
I have to say, I wasn't sure if the book would keep my interest, but, did so. Enjoyable, fun book to read!
kathy james
super cute story about a middle aged realtor, recently divorced and trying to solve a mystery.
Anne Tate
It was a good mystery. I look forward to these lively girls adventures continuing!
Judi Niermann
Easy read, enjoyed it.
reminiscent of Sue Grafton mysteries
Elizabeth Rose
What a fun book! Looking forward to continuing in the series!
Cathy
The best book I have read from the Kindle Lending Library.
Sarah Micklewright
Really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to read more
E
Fun mystery. Another Kindle freebie.
Melody
Recommended
Nixieh
Decent book for a freebie. Characters could have been more developed (or less predictable.) I was annoyed at some of the editing. (Authors PLEASE! Have someone proof read for timeline continuity!) I don't think I would buy another book in the series hut it was an enjoyable fast and mostly cute read.
Marilyn
Good

the many strange evil people in the family of the murder victim.the twin brother is a mental case.the ending is a surprise.
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Jennifer Holmes
Jennifer Holmes marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Sandi M
Sandi M marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Mystery #4)
  • Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery #1)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Kindred Crimes
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • The Puzzle (Samantha Jamison Mystery #1)
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy, #1)
  • Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)
  • Eminent Domain (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #2)
  • Dead in the Water (Rebecca Schwartz, #4)
  • Design on a Crime (A Deadly Décor Mystery, #1)
  • A Well-Deserved Murder
  • Murder à la Carte (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #2)

Val & Kit Mystery Series (4 books)
  • The Murder of Susan Reed (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #2)
  • Death in Door County (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #3)
  • Lethal Property (The Val & Kit Mystery Series)
The Murder of Susan Reed (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #2) Death in Door County (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #3) Lethal Property (The Val & Kit Mystery Series) Dressing Myself