Start by marking “Frankie's Monster” as Want to Read:
Frankie's Monster

Frankie's Monster (Frankie's Monster #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Inspired by Frankenstein
"When I kiss you, it will be the kiss, not just a kiss."—Johnny Heart
"I've never wanted a heart as much as I want yours."

Love Never Dies Easy
A xombie spends his time quietly alone in the attic, longing to feel alive again. It's only after he meets Francesca that his music box heart begins to beat. He saves her from the gang that tries to hurt her,
Published February 14th 2014 by Teen Pulse (first published February 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Frankie's Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie's Monster

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareAshes and Ice by Rochelle Maya CallenThe Elite by Kiera CassExtracted by Sherry D. FicklinLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Best YA Covers 2013
99th out of 149 books — 519 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnited We Spy by Ally CarterPerfect Scoundrels by Ally CarterRequiem by Lauren Oliver
Reasons to Look Forward to 2013
212th out of 533 books — 1,102 voters

More lists with this book...

Tish
I was recently gifted with the opportunity to beta read Frankie's Monster for Rae Hachton. And when I say gifted...that's exactly what I mean.

The level of raw emotion and the depth of feeling that this book portrays, had me feeling as if I owed Rae a debt - one that I would never be able to repay. The story transported me, taking me into a world of art, romanticism, beauty, violence, macabre, terror, and loss. Together those things made up one of the most moving and intelligent books I've read i
Cristina Buzoianu
I want to thank Rae for granting me the honor of being one of her BETA readers for Freankie's Monster. I really really loved it! I'm not that much into zombies, but this one was adorable! I can't wait to read and review the final copy!
Rayale
OH.MY.STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I have read "Frankie's Monster" ALL IN ONE SITTING!!!! From the moment I downloaded it to the time I finished I did NOT put it down! When I finished the book, sometime around 4am I just couldn't believe what I had read. The book is beyond brilliant and more than a little visionary. I am about to say somethings that may be considered spoilers. Just thought I should let it be known. :)

I loved the character development of Johnny. He is a xombie, shut out from the world
 ♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯
Love the cover! Especially those lips! Can't wait to get my hands on this one!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
I read about half of this and I'm not exactly sure how I made it that far. I wanted to give it a try because it sounded like it could've been interesting and it was New Adult, which is a new genre I've been enjoying. However, this was one that I just couldn't. There were too many mistakes (the one that stood out the most for me was one paragraph the POV changed from Johnny to Frankie back to Johnny again. I had to read a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

The characters are not likab
Chrystal
Aug 10, 2013 Chrystal added it
Shelves: dnf
I tried to love this book. I really did. I think I gave it a good go, but just couldn't get into it enough to finish it. I think the premise is extremely interesting - a zombie-like/frankenstein type monster falling in love and fighting his urges to hurt the one he loves.

I liked the characters, Johnny and Frankie. Frankie is broken and beaten down and Johnny just wants to feel human. They seem like an unlikely match, but somehow it's sweet what they have found (at least up until the pages that
Rae Hachton
Jan 30, 2014 Rae Hachton rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was rather interesting. And I'm in love with what I've created here.

Writing this book was an intriguing experience; it was the first time I'd ever decided to get experimental in my writing. The book has alternating male and female POV along with a third person, omniscient POV which I refer to as "the Fairytale voice" which occurs a handful of times.

This books actually begins with the words Once Upon a Time and I find that fascinating.

As for being a New Adult Fairytale I think some m
Carlyle Labuschagne
I have said it before Rae is a talented author, if she puts her mind to a certain theme - she draws the entire world in colors and textures and images to match. What I loved about this book is that we learn about human insecurities and how to deal. How each of us deserve so much better. There is romance, danger, the ugly, the dark, the fun, action and horror. What through it for me over the top - I loved the ending.
Marie
This book was very strange, different, interesting and rather dark. It is also quite different than her Pretty in Black series. I think I feel the way I do because it wasn't what I was expecting I am unsure if the average audience would like this book, it wasn't a bad book just very strange with a pretty dark undertone. Also the ending confused me a little but it felt bittersweet.
Dragana
I can see many readers who will like this book but this was definitely not for me. :(
I'll write detailed review later when I 'cool down' a little bit.
Brenda
It was Beautiful, heartbreaking, i feel like I've just been gutted. Will post a longer review later while i recover.
Stephanie Lepak
Stephanie Lepak marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Mohammedabdul
Mohammedabdul marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
SRIDEVI RAMARAJ
SRIDEVI RAMARAJ marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Denise Cho
Denise Cho marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Julie Jarman
Julie Jarman marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Vrinda Sugandhi
Vrinda Sugandhi marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Akshada
Akshada marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Frankie's Monster Teaser 1 8 Nov 03, 2012 03:04AM
  • Virginia is for Zombies
  • Storm
  • Royally Trained (Royals of Colania #1)
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)
  • Ugly Beautiful
  • Zombie Zora (Volume 1)
  • Homecoming Reunion
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • Psyche's Gate
  • Crossing the Rubicon
  • Freakshow
  • Ad Nauseam
  • In An Iron Cage: The Magic of Steampunk
  • HOOKED: A True Faerie Tale
  • Jonah the Woodchopper: Encouraging Stories for Finding Your Way Through the Forest of Life
  • Disturbingly Beautiful (A Paradox in Time, #1)
  • Passport to Nowhere
  • Black Adagio
description

OFFICIAL AUTHOR WEBSITE

RAE HACHTON
Writes Dark Romanticism-sometimes with gears and clockwork. Has cemetery obsession. Misses Victorian London and ancient Rome. Believes in vampires and magic. If imaginary, she would be an automaton fairy. Corvidophile. Content.

"My Primary goal is to Scare you/Haunt you, but make you fall in love at the same time. I'm a Monster Lover who writes Dark Fantasy and Gri
More about Rae Hachton...

Frankie's Monster (2 books)
  • The Monster's Bride (Frankie's Monster #2)
Pretty in Black (Pretty in Black #1) Black Satin (Pretty in Black, #2) The Summer of Me and You Raven in the Grave (Pretty in Black, #3) Evermore (Pretty in Black, #4)

“Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be.” 36 likes
“Run, sweetheart, run.” 21 likes