Start by marking “Frankie's Monster” as Want to Read:
Frankie's Monster

Frankie's Monster (Frankie's Monster #1)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Inspired by Frankenstein
"When I kiss you, it will be the kiss, not just a kiss."—Johnny Heart
"I've never wanted a heart as much as I want yours."

Love Never Dies Easy
A xombie spends his time quietly alone in the attic, longing to feel alive again. It's only after he meets Francesca that his music box heart begins to beat. He saves her from the gang that tries to hurt her
Published February 14th 2014 by Teen Pulse (first published February 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Frankie's Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie's Monster

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareAshes and Ice by Rochelle Maya CallenThe Elite by Kiera CassExtracted by Sherry D. FicklinScarlet by Marissa Meyer
Best YA Covers 2013
98th out of 150 books — 527 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnited We Spy by Ally CarterPerfect Scoundrels by Ally CarterRequiem by Lauren Oliver
Reasons to Look Forward to 2013
212th out of 527 books — 1,095 voters

More lists with this book...

Tish
Jan 08, 2013 Tish rated it it was amazing
I was recently gifted with the opportunity to beta read Frankie's Monster for Rae Hachton. And when I say gifted...that's exactly what I mean.

The level of raw emotion and the depth of feeling that this book portrays, had me feeling as if I owed Rae a debt - one that I would never be able to repay. The story transported me, taking me into a world of art, romanticism, beauty, violence, macabre, terror, and loss. Together those things made up one of the most moving and intelligent books I've read i
Cristina Buzoianu
I want to thank Rae for granting me the honor of being one of her BETA readers for Freankie's Monster. I really really loved it! I'm not that much into zombies, but this one was adorable! I can't wait to read and review the final copy!
Rayale
Apr 14, 2014 Rayale rated it it was amazing
OH.MY.STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I have read "Frankie's Monster" ALL IN ONE SITTING!!!! From the moment I downloaded it to the time I finished I did NOT put it down! When I finished the book, sometime around 4am I just couldn't believe what I had read. The book is beyond brilliant and more than a little visionary. I am about to say somethings that may be considered spoilers. Just thought I should let it be known. :)

I loved the character development of Johnny. He is a xombie, shut out from the world
 ♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯
Love the cover! Especially those lips! Can't wait to get my hands on this one!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
I read about half of this and I'm not exactly sure how I made it that far. I wanted to give it a try because it sounded like it could've been interesting and it was New Adult, which is a new genre I've been enjoying. However, this was one that I just couldn't. There were too many mistakes (the one that stood out the most for me was one paragraph the POV changed from Johnny to Frankie back to Johnny again. I had to read a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

The characters are not likab
Chrystal
Aug 10, 2013 Chrystal added it
Shelves: dnf
I tried to love this book. I really did. I think I gave it a good go, but just couldn't get into it enough to finish it. I think the premise is extremely interesting - a zombie-like/frankenstein type monster falling in love and fighting his urges to hurt the one he loves.

I liked the characters, Johnny and Frankie. Frankie is broken and beaten down and Johnny just wants to feel human. They seem like an unlikely match, but somehow it's sweet what they have found (at least up until the pages that
Carlyle Labuschagne
Mar 06, 2013 Carlyle Labuschagne rated it it was amazing
I have said it before Rae is a talented author, if she puts her mind to a certain theme - she draws the entire world in colors and textures and images to match. What I loved about this book is that we learn about human insecurities and how to deal. How each of us deserve so much better. There is romance, danger, the ugly, the dark, the fun, action and horror. What through it for me over the top - I loved the ending.
Marie
Oct 03, 2014 Marie rated it liked it
This book was very strange, different, interesting and rather dark. It is also quite different than her Pretty in Black series. I think I feel the way I do because it wasn't what I was expecting I am unsure if the average audience would like this book, it wasn't a bad book just very strange with a pretty dark undertone. Also the ending confused me a little but it felt bittersweet.
Dragana
I can see many readers who will like this book but this was definitely not for me. :(
I'll write detailed review later when I 'cool down' a little bit.
Brenda
Jul 20, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
It was Beautiful, heartbreaking, i feel like I've just been gutted. Will post a longer review later while i recover.
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Avery
Avery added it
Feb 05, 2016
Epure Alin
Epure Alin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Sadé Crowley
Sadé Crowley marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Brittnee
Brittnee marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
J e s s i c a
J e s s i c a marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Nitz003
Nitz003 marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Michelle Jackson
Michelle Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Jan 02, 2016
Aulia Rahmadhania
Aulia Rahmadhania rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Esha Singh
Esha Singh rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2015
Alexandra Shane
Alexandra Shane rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Cierra Johnson
Cierra Johnson marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Mariel Rivera
Mariel Rivera rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2015
Tracey-Lee
Tracey-Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Sitahiri
Sitahiri marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Raph
Raph marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Frankie's Monster Teaser 1 8 Nov 03, 2012 03:04AM
  • Virginia is for Zombies
  • Storm
  • Zombie Zora (Volume 1)
  • In An Iron Cage: The Magic of Steampunk
  • Black Adagio
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)
  • Homecoming Reunion
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • Sagaria
  • HOOKED: A True Faerie Tale
  • Ad Nauseam
  • The Frenzy War (The Frenzy Wolves, #2)
  • Crossing the Rubicon
  • Loose Ends: A Zombie Novel
  • For The Night (Luna, #1)
  • Ascent (Ascent, #1)
  • Knuckleduster
  • Psyche's Gate
description

OFFICIAL AUTHOR WEBSITE

RAE HACHTON
Writes Dark Romanticism-sometimes with gears and clockwork. Has cemetery obsession. Misses Victorian London and ancient Rome. Believes in vampires and magic. If imaginary, she would be an automaton fairy. Corvidophile. Content.

"My Primary goal is to Scare you/Haunt you, but make you fall in love at the same time. I'm a Monster Lover who writes Dark Fantasy and Gri
More about Rae Hachton...

Frankie's Monster (2 books)
  • The Monster's Bride (Frankie's Monster #2)

“Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be.” 40 likes
“Run, sweetheart, run.” 21 likes