Start by marking “Dammi! Song for Lovers” as Want to Read:
Dammi! Song for Lovers

Dammi! Song for Lovers

3.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  245 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Una ragazza della periferia russa scrive Dammi! Song for Lovers, e diventa famosa in pochi mesi. I critici si dividono: per alcuni è una nipotina di Hemingway e Salinger, per altri esprime solo il «degrado giovanile». Protagonisti sono gli «under 21» della immensa Russia, sfuggiti a qualsiasi tentativo di esplorazione, cosí diversi e al tempo stesso cosí simili ai loro coe ...more
Paperback, Stile libero Big, 213 pages
Published April 8th 2003 by Einaudi (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dammi! Song for Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dammi! Song for Lovers

Stan Georgiana
Sep 03, 2015 Stan Georgiana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
M-am saturat de adolescenti drogati, beti si de fete ce fac sex cu oricine. Nu vad de ce as citi ceva ce pot observa direct in realitate. Citesc carti tocmai ca sa scap de elementele ce nu imi convin.
Koki
Sep 24, 2015 Koki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Osobne nerada čítam poviedky (čo je dosť zarážajúce vyhlásenie od osoby, ktorá poviedky píše), avšak Irina ma celkom zaujala. Jej jednoduchý, ľahko zrozumiteľný štýl písania má niečo do seba. Používa veľa slangov i vulgarizmov. Možno aj vďaka tomu stoja jej poviedky za prečítanie. Osobne ma najviac zaujali opisy osôb. Dovolím si na ukážku jeden citovať: "Stojíme úžasne vypeknené v metre - ja mám tesné tričko a šortky, ktoré sa končia skôr ako sa začali, Volkovová má dlhé modré šaty, ktoré ukazuj ...more
Adela
Jun 30, 2011 Adela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deși Expert a numit volumul o combinație cu accente din Salinger și Hemingway, eu nu am regăsit nimic din acești doi scriitori în paginile cărții.

Nu e vorba nici despre votca, nici despre Cola. E o suită de povești cu adolescenți decandenți și confuzi. Chitări, sex, amoruri obsesive, bilețele de dragoste absolut jenante, legături umilitoare și aleatoare sunt câteva din lait motivele cărții. Adolescența e tratată ca o boală. Toate sentimentele, care provoacă ”fluturi în stomac” au o notă de stupi
Irina
Someone said that this book is acombination between Salinger and Hemingway, personally, I haven't found anything like that in its pages.

First of all, it's not about vodka nor Cola, it is a series of stories about confuse, decadent teenagers. Guitars, sex, obsessive love stories, embarrassing love notes, random humiliating love connections are just some of the "leit-motifs" of the book. The adolescence is seen like a disease, and all childish feelings seem stupid.
The last chapters brought Americ
Chip
Aug 31, 2010 Chip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I thought this was a collection of disparate short stories. Two thirds of the way through the book I realized all the stories are related, and by the end of the book I immediately wanted to start over and re-read them all again so I could map out the connections. I'm waiting to do this until I can read it all in one sitting. I would definitely read anything by this author.
Gijs Grob
Gelezen in de Nederlandse vertaling van Madeleine Mes.

Korte en langere verhalen over tieners en jongeren die teveel chatten, drinken, roken en vrijen in het huidige Rusland.

Literair niet veel waard, maar wel vaak voorzien van een sterk neergezette sfeer van verveling en uitzichtloosheid, met het surrealistische verhaal 'Vasja' over groene mannetjes als uitschieter.
Erica Chang
Aug 16, 2011 Erica Chang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
although a little overrated, i still like the stories. she made me realized that as bad and as boring teenaghood is, it's still much better than being old. teenagers get away with everything. also, ppl say it reveals how lives are like for russian teenagers, which to me seems no different than north american teenagers.
Roberta
May 27, 2012 Roberta rated it did not like it
Noiosetto... storie di ragazzi svogliati, senza particolari problemi, che si fanno le paranoie tipiche dei 18anni. Mi sono piaciuti di più il racconto grottesco sugli omini verdi, il brevissimo intermezzo della moglie che pensa di uccidere il marito e la storia dei ragazzi alla colonia estiva.
Anna
Mar 20, 2008 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: russian-authors
I don't see anything new in her writing. Nothing what would interests me. Even the language- it's too simple for me! I have some doubts about veracity of described characters, they exist only on paper. I mean- do the young people in Russia are like those described in her novels? I don't think so!
Jacqueline King
May 29, 2016 Jacqueline King rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldnt-finish
I have started to read this book about five times and each time I get one more page ahead but still I stop. The storyline just doesn't really go anywhere fast. Maybe in the future, I'll give this book a sixth go, it has promise.
Rebecca
Apr 07, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who don't enjoy sue grafton novels
This book meanders (even though it's short stories) without true purpose but it is an unusual look into the lives of Russian youth and an interesting read.
Axel Shut
Jul 11, 2012 Axel Shut rated it it was ok
bello bello "Song for lovers" (il capitolo 9 soprattutto, 4 paginette straordinarie sulla dissociazione mentale), il resto...
Neil Randall
Feb 10, 2013 Neil Randall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gritty, sometimes disturbing, collection of short stories, chronicling the bleak lives of young people in post-Soviet Russian.
Ola Mamcarz
Feb 06, 2013 Ola Mamcarz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I expected a really good storyline, however it's trivial a lot and nothing surprising happens.
Lisbeth
la couverture m'a vraiment attirée, et ce livre change notre vision des pays soviétiques
Cherie
Dec 06, 2007 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A- Very good, but translation a bit off, and confusing at times
Spino
Spino marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Nea Amano
Nea Amano rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Margot Diaz
Margot Diaz rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2016
Britta
Britta is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2016
Catalina Stanislav
Catalina Stanislav rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Nithya Babu
Nithya Babu marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Oana Brustur
Oana Brustur rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2016
Hoz
Hoz marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
lobotomiatohtori
lobotomiatohtori rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
  • Complete Poems, 1913-1962
  • Wheeling Motel
  • A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy
  • Le irregolari: Buenos Aires Horror Tour
  • Verrà la morte e avrà i tuoi occhi
  • Araki