Start by marking “Polar Nights” as Want to Read:
Polar Nights

Polar Nights (Arctic Love #1)

Andreas has been in love with Christian for as long as he can remember, but he’s also always known it would remain one-sided. When he travels to Svalbard to take the last years of his Masters, spending time with Christian again brings back those feelings and makes life more than a little awkward.

The very last thing Christian needs is to have a very grown, very stunning And
Published July 13th 2012 (first published July 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Polar Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Nights

Mandy*reads obsessively*
I was disappointed in this one, the writing felt stilted , the dialog was very dry and I didn't feel any emotions from any of the characters, I didn't care about any of them, and it felt very 'unpolished'.
I believe it was written by an author who is not a native English speaker and in my opinion it was very noticeable in this story. It just felt " off" somehow to me, and I honestly struggled to finish it, which suprised me, because I have read another book by this author and didn't have that pro
This is actually a good story but not that enough to catch few reader's attention. There were quite a lot of characters thrown out in here for a short story. But T.T. Kove still managed to give them short appearances. But the problem was, I coudn't decide where to place my focus. Maybe the minor characters needed more of those appearances and since this is in a series, I'm hoping to see more of them in the next installment.

I liked the awkward moments between Andreas and Christian. They didn't kn
Veronica of V's Reads
Andreas has had an attraction to his step-uncle Christian since his youth. Now twenty-four, Andreas has come from Oslo to Svalbard, an island region in the Arctic Circle to complete his master's studies on arctic meteorology--and he's staying with Christian for a few weeks until he can get into his dorm. He's almost glad his younger half-sister, Kine, tags along because Andreas is horrifyingly tongue-tied around Christian and Kine is vivacious.

Andreas is painfully awkward around Christian; he fi
Jul 12, 2012 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
3,5* upgrade because I would love to read more...especially about Frey.

This is the first book in a series about an arctic island and its inhabitants. Most everyone has come from somewhere else and found that Svalbard has become their home. There is a polar night of darkness that lasts for four months as well as a midnight sun.

Andreas is very private, a little shy and quiet. He is very intelligent and devoted to his studies. Andreas cannot speak around his longtime crush, Christian. Christian is Andreas' stepmother's brother and Andreas has been infatuated with hi
They say that age is just a number, but it's hard to ignore, especially when youthful innocence unexpectedly transforms into adulthood.

Passionate about his work and driven to succeed academically, Andreas can't seem to stop himself from reverting back to the shy and somewhat awkward youth he once was when Christian is nearby. Though they haven't seen each other in years, Andreas quickly realizes that the attraction he feels towards his stepmother's younger brother is as strong as ever.

Aug 04, 2012 Lucy rated it liked it
Something that I’ve always wanted to experience is the polar night – four months of darkness, just moon and stars. So that right away caught my interest about this book, that while in Svalbard Andreas will be experiencing it. Even the midnight sun sounded intriguing to me (although 24 hours of sunlight might be a bit much!)

Unfortunately, there are some editing issues with the story that were irritating, causing me to have to go back and reread. There were a few times when a sentence or part of
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Arctic Love by T.T. Kove, is a set of short M/M romances. My reviews are going to be nice and short, as well. If you want short love stories with no depth, these would be for you. Polar Nights was the most believable, in my opinion, in that Andreas has been in love with Christian for a long time. Plus, he’s kissed him before – accidentally, but still he did it. So seeing their attraction and love made sense. Plus, even though there were huge time jumps, I felt they worked well in this story. Be ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review.

This story is set in Svalbard where Andreas is in his last year of University to gain his Masters Degree in Geophysics. Until he is able to get into his dorm, he is due to stay with his step-mother's brother, Christian, which would be okay except Andreas has had a crush on Christian for years.

They are awkward with each other as they try to fight the attraction for a number of reasons, not the least being Christian's conc
I recieved this book frem NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Andreas has been in love with Christian for a long time. That Christian is Andreas' stepmother's brother means it is not going to go anywhere. When Andreas moves to Christian's home town to finish his Masters Degree, Christian is blown away by the young man who he picks up and Christian realises that the attraction he has hled long inside may well just boil over.

A very short, fast paced novella that grabs you and doesnt let go. I
Kristy Grissom
I received this book from Less Then Three Press for a fair and honest review.

to see the review in it's entirety please click on the link

Overall Impression:

3.5 stars – I liked it. This was a great start to this trio of novellas. T.T. Kove in his descriptions of the area make me want to take a trip to a real town and witness the scenery and definitely the Polar Night. This book segways great into the next. I can't wait to find out why Frey moved up there, an
Jul 01, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
This was a lovely sweet story but I am afraid that all the typos, the repeated paragraphs and all the other editing issues completely ruined it for me. I nearly stopped reading they were annoying me so much - really ruined the story.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Audrianna rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Morgana rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Naska Atanasova
Naska Atanasova rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Shazia Khan
Shazia Khan rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Heather Louise
Heather Louise rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2013
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Rachel rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Bookish rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Lada rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2012
Aude rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Azusa rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Dolors rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Apr 07, 2014 Nin rated it did not like it
Too stilted and formal for my tastes.
Vanessa Pasteleurs
Vanessa Pasteleurs rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
reader80 rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
V rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Sharon rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Author of gay romance. Mostly contemporary, with some other genres thrown in here and there.

Amazon author page:
Facebook page:
Facebook profile:
More about T.T. Kove...

Arctic Love (7 books)
  • Northern Lights (Arctic Love, #2)
  • Midnight Sun (Arctic Love, #3)
  • White Nights (Arctic Love, #4)
  • Northern Skies (Arctic Love Book 5)
  • Black Sun (Arctic Love Book 6)
  • Arctic Love: Varg & Jonathan (Arctic Love 5-6)