Start by marking “Poison (The Lost Gods, #4)” as Want to Read:
Poison (The Lost Gods, #4)

Poison (The Lost Gods #4)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Nine gods ruled the world until the ultimate betrayal resulted in their destruction. Now, the world is dying and only by restoring the Lost Gods can it be saved.

Verde is ruled by the mortal reincarnations of their Lost Gods: the Faerie Queen, the Pegasus, and the Unicorn, slain nine centuries ago at the base of their Sacred Oak. Every one hundred years, the tragedy repeats
Published July 25th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published July 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
299th out of 609 books — 1,424 voters
Bloodraven by P.L. NunnA Private Gentleman by Heidi CullinanI'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseWith a Bullet by M. ChandlerClaimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn Gala
M/m Romance With (Mostly) Green Covers
10th out of 200 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

4.75 stars (allllmost perfect!)

There is a real benefit to reading the books later in a series, besides having more information at the reader's disposal. For the most part, each of these books are tied together by world only, the lands of each book separated by country, culture, and geography. Each book has a whole new set of characters. With these later books that means that the newly restored gods from previous books can make a timely reappearance. The best
M'rella
Какая-то суета вокруг дивана в доме Обломовых @.@

Двойка.

---

Сhaos and mayhem. Two stars.
Jenre
I've been greatly enjoying this Lost Gods series and was looking forward to reading this one. At the end of the last book, we had been told that the Faerie Queen of Verde was possibly the one who supplied the poison to kill the god of death, so that immediately gives the reader a clue that all is not well in Verde. At the end of book 2, Prince Ailill, who was on a quest to retrieve precious objects for the Queen, had been poisoned and returned to Verde to recover. This book picks up almost a yea ...more
DarienMoya
I am going to call this one and say this series is turning out to be my fave this year. There is so much to love about the Lost Gods; I believe it should be on everyone's radar (if you love a good fantasy series). Though, Poison isn’t a fave of mine it’s still an excellent read, which should tell you a lot about the other books that came before this one.

Poison brings the return of Aillill who we first met in Treasure, and then in book two, Burning Bright where he was poisoned (tada) while on a m
Terry Milien
See that title? "Poison". Well, this book is just that. Poison. That will burn at your soul and heart, make you want to cry and laugh, and will take away all the hours of sleep you should have gotten but didn't because it is an addictive poison at that. Read at your own risk.
Julesmarie
Ailill and Ivan are my new favorite couple in this series! I'd been looking forward to reading the rest of their story ever since book 2, and I love how it turned out. I adored how they didn't betray their tough-guy-ness that had been built up so fantastically well in book 2 and suddenly go all mushy in this one. And yet, their scenes--especially near the end--are some of the most romantic in the series.

The other couple in this book, however, frustrated me. Noire was whiny to the point I wanted
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Gael, the Unicorn is praying and hoping that this time around they will break the curse that has befallen Verde time and time again. He knows that if they fail not only himself and his sister Gods, but also his secret lover and the Twelve Beasts are cursed to die. Ailill is the White Panther asked to undertake the investigation. when the White beasts start to fall, can he discover who is behind the poisonings
Loves To Dive
3.5 Stars
Nine Gods ruled the world in peace until betrayal caused their destruction. Now the world is slowly dying, and the only way for it to survive is to restore the Lost Gods to their former glory. The country of Verde is ruled by three of the Lost Gods, the Faerie Queen Etain, the Pegasus Freddie, and the Unicorn Gael. Slain nine centuries earlier, they must die every 100 years only to relive their lives once again until the cycle can be broken. Each time they die, Verde dies a little more
Alaska
At first I had some difficulties with this book because it has an element I really don't like in my M/M books and that is M/F (or in this case M/F/F). I just prefer my M/M books being M/M. But after reading further I realised the neccessity of this constellation so it was ok (and luckily there was no sex-scene). It took me not too long to suspect the culprit of the poisonings (yay, me! ^^) and as far as the storyline is concerned this book was really awesome.
It would have been 5 stars if not for
Grace
Nice :) same thing, no actual explicit scene... it feels hanging to me, it lessens my belief of their desire with each other but anyway... it was a nice read. :)
Fi Brit
I'm loving this series and this book is my favourite so far.
Sue
Sep 16, 2012 Sue rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Shelves: fantasy
Megan's ability to interconnect the lands in this series by their reactions to their Lost Gods amazes me, because they're all so very different. Their strategies concerning their gods are so very different from each other, that it's fascinating watching to see how each dilemma will be resolved.
This is the fourth book in the series, and I've pre-ordered the fifth, as it's not possible to stop reading at this point.
Excellent series that everyone who like m/m stories, especially fantasy, should rea
Michael
this I think was my favorite of the series so far.
Lindsey
Aillil and Ivan are my favorite couple in this series!
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
*Currently on a mission to buy all of these books.
Ingrid
just in time for my holiday
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Daichi Takemori
Daichi Takemori marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Jay W.
Jay W. added it
Apr 12, 2015
Heather Schwandner
Heather Schwandner marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Stolen Hearts (Stolen Hearts, #1)
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • From Darkness to Darkness (Loka Legends, #2)
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • Brute
  • Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...

The Lost Gods (5 books)
  • Treasure (The Lost Gods, #1)
  • Burning Bright (The Lost Gods, #2)
  • Stone Rose (The Lost Gods, #3)
  • Chaos (The Lost Gods, #5)
The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1) The High King's Golden Tongue Dance with the Devil (Dance with the Devil, #1) Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2) Prisoner (Kria, #1)