Start by marking “As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2” as Want to Read:
As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2

As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2 (As The World Dies Untold Tales #2)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  507 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
THE FIRST DAYS: AS THE WORLD DIES introduced Jenni and Katie and their harrowing journey to the makeshift fort in the Texas Hill Country. FIGHTING TO SURVIVE: AS THE WORLD DIES continued their story as the two women joined the members of the makeshift fort in Ashley Oaks in the fight for survival against not only zombies, but the evil designs of bandits.

But theirs is not t
Published March 19th 2012 by Rhiannon Frater (first published March 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about As The World Dies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As The World Dies

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
366th out of 1,032 books — 2,535 voters
Far by Sarah DiemerDead Kitties Don't Purr by Amber GreenZapocalypse by D. DyeThe Undying Apathy of Imogen Shroud by Ben  WhiteAfter the Fall by Robin Summers
Lesbian Zombie Books
21st out of 22 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
May 12, 2012 Giselle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, zombies, adult, horror
Rhiannon, will you marry me?
Amy Fournier
Mar 26, 2012 Amy Fournier rated it it was amazing
As with the first volume of Untold Tales this one has three more stories to tell. These ones are just as addictive and interesting as the ones in the first volume, and I couldn't stop reading. Rhiannon has gone so in depth with developing the various characters and it's just amazing. The way she writes, you really feel a connection to each and every one of them.

The first story in this volume is Katarina's story which it called Revelation. This was the only one of the stories where the character
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
* I was given a copy of this Book to review from the Author. All opinions are my own and I was not in any way compensated for them.

I was so excited to have the opportunity to read this. Let me tell you this book was fantastic! I love how much attention to detail is given to the characters. One of the reasons I tend to shy away from short stories is I'm always left wanting more, but these stories left me feeling satisfied. That of course is not to say I wouldn't read an Untold Tales Vol. 3 or mor
Camille Picott
Oct 22, 2012 Camille Picott rated it really liked it
The Writer's View - a unique approach to book blogging. For more reviews, visit www.camillepicott.com

You guys already know I am a die hard (no pun intended) fan of Rhiannon Frater's As the World Dies series. I was thrilled when I came across this collection of Untold Tales . It features short stories from several of my favorite characters. I was dying to read it and had to wait 3 months after its original release to get it on Nook.

Writing for Fans

As a fan of this series, this collection of shor
Hayat
This book has surpassed my expectations! Well, this just confirms it, I'm now a huge fan of Ms Frater! Her ability to balance and develop a realistic multi-pov plot and make such interesting, realistic and unforgeable characters is amazing. I loved the combination of horror, snark and dark humour with the heart stopping action and the sense of fear and doom snapping at the heels of the desperate survivors. In the As the World Dies series and in the untold tales, the few survivors world is turned ...more
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)

Story #1
Katrina is a kickass chick and you would have never known she had it in her. Her background is pretty grime and sad. You feel for her right away. Then everything changes while she is finishing her shift at a café. A man comes in injured and dies. But he comes back biting. Katrina is shocked by the turn events...for like 3 seconds. Then so goes all Rambo and kills that mofo. And then she kills more zombies, but with a sense of detachment. I am prett
Dawn
Dec 23, 2014 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Ken and Lenore's story was by far my favorite of the three. I really enjoyed their story. They made me laugh and cry. I just wish Tito would have made it to the fort. He was an interesting guy. I really appreciated how he protected and made sure his friends were ok before he set off on his journey to reunite with his wife and kids. I like that Lenore never let ken give up and that they fought for each other.

The story of the unknowns is awesome. The dynamics of the little group in the OJ factory
Tovia
Mar 27, 2012 Tovia rated it it was amazing
Me amo Tito. I really want to know Ed's sons story as they made there way from A&m to Ashley oaks
Faye
Mar 18, 2012 Faye rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apocalypse-now
3 excellent stories to enrich the " As the World Dies " universe. Really enjoyed them !
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Sep 29, 2015 Carolyn (Book Chick City) marked it as to-read-ebook
Review coming soon!
Michelle
Apr 12, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am pretty certain that Rhiannon Fratercould write a story about every single person that makes it to The Fort and I would never get tired of reading them. These Untold Tales are the perfect addition to As The World Dies series. You can get insight into the characters mentioned in the story and not have to be bogged down with every ones backstory. You can't get any more perfect than that.

In Vol 2 you have three stories. The first one centers on Katarina. In the main series Katarina is a pretty
Kristilyn
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I was so worried starting Volume 2 of the Untold Tales series that I wouldn’t like the book as much as I did the first. Like I had said, I’m new to zombies, so I thought that one book would be fine, but another would be overkill. I also wondered if I’d enjoy the book whose plot line might be anchored in between the actual trilogy, wondering if I’d be able to even follow what was going on. Fortunately,
Stephanie Ward
Oct 23, 2013 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it
SERIES REVIEW:

The 'As the World Dies: Untold Tales' trilogy is a fantastic collection of short stories that gives the background on some of the favorite characters in the series. Fans of the series will love to learn more about the characters they loved from the books and new readers will get some background on the series and the characters before diving into the books. Each volume consisted of three short stories that featured characters from each of the books in the series. They were fast pace
Yolanda Sfetsos
Dec 23, 2012 Yolanda Sfetsos rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies, anthology, kindle
This is the second volume of Rhiannon Frater's anthology featuring stories about other survivors from the As the World Dies Trilogy, and even a few not introduced before...

Revelation: This is Katarina's story--where she was, what she was doing, and how she survived long enough to get to the Hotel construction site. She was one of the characters I wanted to know more about, so this story was great.

It was good to see how the zombie apocalypse changes her into a much stronger person than she was du
Vanessa Booke
Mar 20, 2012 Vanessa Booke rated it it was amazing
This was my first encounter with Rhiannon Frater's writing and I'm glad I was able to be part of this tour. As The World Dies (Untold Tales Vol. 1 & 2) is wonderful collection of gory and horrifying stories that include characters from Frater's earlier trilogy As The World Dies. Although I haven't had the pleasure of reading the trilogy these volumes are awesome as stand alone stories. Each story gives a brief but in-depth view of characters along with some gore and action. I'm definitely go ...more
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)

Story #1
Unabridged Bookshelf
Oct 21, 2013 Unabridged Bookshelf rated it it was amazing
Untold Tales Volume 2 is just as magnificent as the first volume. Even though I have not read any of the As the World Dies Series, I still enjoy these stories immensely. I think that the Untold Tales will actually make me enjoy reading the As the World Dies series much more, but they are also great insight for fans of the series.

Untold Tales Volume 2 is set up much like the first with two shorter stories, followed by a longer one. The first story “Revelations” is Katarina’s origin story, which
Laura Thomas
Oct 22, 2013 Laura Thomas rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Untold Tales series is every bit as good as the first!

The characters in these three untold tales are all in Siege, the third book in the As The World Dies Series. These are their stories.

Revelation (Katarina’s Story)

Katarina has been in this series from the beginning. This is her story about her first day.

Her story isn’t pretty. The only reason she was even conceived was to grow up and take care of her parents. Her father’s dead now and she’s earning money waitressing at a
Lelia Taylor
Nov 05, 2013 Lelia Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Katarina makes a living slogging through long, tiring days at a diner in Ashley Oaks but she had no idea what a bad day really was until the man came in. Her entire life has been one of bitterness and devoid of any happiness or love but even that is about to look very, very good. At last, Katarina will find her backbone…and a kind of freedom.

In “A Terrible Moment”, Debbie would rather indulge her unreasoning hatred destroy her entire family than find a way to escape this horrid new danger. She m
Crystal M Romero
Jun 23, 2013 Crystal M Romero rated it really liked it
Ok, my biggest complaint about this book...it's too short!!! As you can see, it was a quick read but mostly because I LOVE Rhiannon's zombie tales. This one gives more insight into some of the characters from her original trilogy so it should stand to reason that you have to read her trilogy. Naturally if you're a zombie fan who hasn't read it yet, I'd ask, why haven't you read it yet? Come on folks, it's rare to find a zombie novel that is as compelling and filled with strong female characters ...more
Meghan
Nov 25, 2014 Meghan rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
I loved the story of Ken and Lenore! This book was just as fun as the first volume! The first story is about Katarina and the 2nd is some of the other people that were trying to survive at an orange juice factory and wink wink I am glad..a certain evil messed up person died..;)
Melissa
Jul 25, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Another great collection of shorts from As the World Dies series.

And yet again I liked it. Its always fantastic reading about characters that don't get to be the focus. And in as an extreme a situation as the zombie apocalypses you aren't gonna get a boring story.
Lorre
May 05, 2014 Lorre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-complete
I loved the 3 stories but Ken and Lenore's story was my favorite! I just love Ken and Lenore and it was great to read some more about them!

In Katarina's story we can already see the efficient, calculated women she'll become in the As the World Dies series!

Then there was the story of the unkown family trapped in a warehouse. It's not enough that the building is surrounded by zombie, they also have a crazy woman in the building with them that will go far to seek revenge on her ex-husband-to-be.

Eve
Kathyb
Dec 10, 2015 Kathyb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories are really good. The narrator could be better, especially did not like the way she did Ken's voice.
Latasha Lindemann, RN
Jul 20, 2012 Latasha Lindemann, RN rated it it was amazing
Thanks for this. I was having serious withdrawal symptoms after listening to the other three books about a bazillion times. I needed to get my zombie fix after my friend lent me a boatload of books on Kindle and Nook, not one zombie in the bunch. This was just what the nurse (i.e. myself) ordered. Loved the back stories. It's one of the things I love about writing is creating those wonderful histories for the characters.

FYI
I am still mourning the loss of Ken...
Seyma
Sep 23, 2012 Seyma rated it liked it
Story for behind the scenes from As the World Dies, Zombie Trilogy. The story of Katarina's first encounter with zombies, story of a woman who is angry with her husband and wants revenge, and Ken & Lenore's story. I think I liked the angry woman's story most. I think the secretary, man, kids who escape could be the people found dead in the hotel in the 3rd trilogy. This was my least favorite book in all of the As the World Dies series. It was good but not as exciting.
Felicia A
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Another editing project is now a published book! As the World Dies, Untold Tales (Vol. II) continues the back stories of pivotal characters from Rhiannon Frater's epic As The World Dies trilogy.

Be sure to get a copy today....Ken and Lenore will thank you. :-)

This book is the second volume of untold tales related to Rhiannon Frater's As The World Dies.
Carolyn F.
Sep 22, 2012 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing
Love this series! This is a "first day" group of short stories of some of the characters from the books with a story about a bitter woman seeking revenge in the middle. Very good. My favorite character is Lenore who tries to look like she has to all together while inside all she wants to do is scream and cry.

I would recommend this series to all you horror fans out there!
Lindsay
Oct 15, 2013 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I love how the untold tales are all woven together, allowing you to catch glimpses of the other characters.
Lenore and Ken's story is a near-constant high of zombie intensity! I feel like I know them as well as any major character now. Supporting cast has been picked up a notch! ;)

A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Aden Jr.
Dec 02, 2014 Aden Jr. rated it it was amazing
It was a good book. I look forward to reading the next one
  • The Becoming: Ground Zero (The Becoming, #2)
  • The Wrath of God (The Hungry, #2)
  • Sunrise
  • I Zombie I (I Zombie, #1)
  • Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1)
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Contagious (The Contagium #1)
  • Domain of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #1)
  • Comes the Dark (The Dark Trilogy #1)
  • After the End
  • First Night Memories (Rot & Ruin, #0.5)
  • Solstice: A Novel of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Lakewood Memorial
  • Plague Town (Ashley Parker, #1)
  • Dead Living
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • Infection (Alaskan Undead Apocalypse #1)
Rhiannon Frater is the award-winning author of the As the World Dies zombie trilogy (Tor) as well as independent works such as The Last Bastion of the Living (declared the #1 Zombie Release of 2012 by Explorations Fantasy Blog and the #1 Zombie Novel of the Decade by B&N Book Blog).

She was born and raised in Texas where she currently resides with her husband and furry children (a.k.a pets).

S
More about Rhiannon Frater...

As The World Dies Untold Tales (5 books)
  • As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1
  • As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
  • Deadly Night: Jenni and Katie's Untold Tale (As The World Dies Untold Tales #4)
  • A Very Fort Christmas (As The World Dies Untold Tales #5)