As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2

As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2 (As The World Dies Untold Tales #2)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  38 reviews
THE FIRST DAYS: AS THE WORLD DIES introduced Jenni and Katie and their harrowing journey to the makeshift fort in the Texas Hill Country. FIGHTING TO SURVIVE: AS THE WORLD DIES continued their story as the two women joined the members of the makeshift fort in Ashley Oaks in the fight for survival against not only zombies, but the evil designs of bandits.

But theirs is not t...more
Published March 19th 2012 by Rhiannon Frater

World War Z by Max BrooksFeed by Mira GrantCryonic by Travis BradberryRot and Ruin by Jonathan MaberryWarm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Best Zombie Books
362nd out of 675 books — 1,561 voters
Galactic Energies by Luca  RossiThe Witching Pen by Dianna HardyA World of Possibility by Christopher  ShieldsA World of Romance by Christopher  ShieldsA World of Verse by Christopher  Shields
Indie Novellas, Novelettes, and Short Stories
461st out of 507 books — 531 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
Rhiannon, will you marry me?
Amy Fournier
As with the first volume of Untold Tales this one has three more stories to tell. These ones are just as addictive and interesting as the ones in the first volume, and I couldn't stop reading. Rhiannon has gone so in depth with developing the various characters and it's just amazing. The way she writes, you really feel a connection to each and every one of them.

The first story in this volume is Katarina's story which it called Revelation. This was the only one of the stories where the character...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
* I was given a copy of this Book to review from the Author. All opinions are my own and I was not in any way compensated for them.

I was so excited to have the opportunity to read this. Let me tell you this book was fantastic! I love how much attention to detail is given to the characters. One of the reasons I tend to shy away from short stories is I'm always left wanting more, but these stories left me feeling satisfied. That of course is not to say I wouldn't read an Untold Tales Vol. 3 or mor...more
Camille Picott
The Writer's View - a unique approach to book blogging. For more reviews, visit www.camillepicott.com

You guys already know I am a die hard (no pun intended) fan of Rhiannon Frater's As the World Dies series. I was thrilled when I came across this collection of Untold Tales . It features short stories from several of my favorite characters. I was dying to read it and had to wait 3 months after its original release to get it on Nook.

Writing for Fans

As a fan of this series, this collection of shor...more
Tovia
Me amo Tito. I really want to know Ed's sons story as they made there way from A&m to Ashley oaks
Faye
3 excellent stories to enrich the " As the World Dies " universe. Really enjoyed them !
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Review coming soon!
Michelle
I am pretty certain that Rhiannon Fratercould write a story about every single person that makes it to The Fort and I would never get tired of reading them. These Untold Tales are the perfect addition to As The World Dies series. You can get insight into the characters mentioned in the story and not have to be bogged down with every ones backstory. You can't get any more perfect than that.

In Vol 2 you have three stories. The first one centers on Katarina. In the main series Katarina is a pretty...more
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I was so worried starting Volume 2 of the Untold Tales series that I wouldn’t like the book as much as I did the first. Like I had said, I’m new to zombies, so I thought that one book would be fine, but another would be overkill. I also wondered if I’d enjoy the book whose plot line might be anchored in between the actual trilogy, wondering if I’d be able to even follow what was going on. Fortunately,...more
Stephanie Ward
SERIES REVIEW:

The 'As the World Dies: Untold Tales' trilogy is a fantastic collection of short stories that gives the background on some of the favorite characters in the series. Fans of the series will love to learn more about the characters they loved from the books and new readers will get some background on the series and the characters before diving into the books. Each volume consisted of three short stories that featured characters from each of the books in the series. They were fast pace...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
This is the second volume of Rhiannon Frater's anthology featuring stories about other survivors from the As the World Dies Trilogy, and even a few not introduced before...

Revelation: This is Katarina's story--where she was, what she was doing, and how she survived long enough to get to the Hotel construction site. She was one of the characters I wanted to know more about, so this story was great.

It was good to see how the zombie apocalypse changes her into a much stronger person than she was du...more
Vanessa Booke
This was my first encounter with Rhiannon Frater's writing and I'm glad I was able to be part of this tour. As The World Dies (Untold Tales Vol. 1 & 2) is wonderful collection of gory and horrifying stories that include characters from Frater's earlier trilogy As The World Dies. Although I haven't had the pleasure of reading the trilogy these volumes are awesome as stand alone stories. Each story gives a brief but in-depth view of characters along with some gore and action. I'm definitely go...more
George-GZM
As The World Dies Untold Tales is a collection of short stories that describe us an apocalyptic world of a zombie out break. I understand that these stories form the basis of the series “As The World Dies”, but as I have not read it, I have nothing to say about this. Honestly? It doesn’t really matter. The tales of the Untold Stories series can be read easily as stand-alone. However, they form a whole and you will have the pleasure of discovering how the adventures of the characters will interw...more
Unabridged Bookshelf
Untold Tales Volume 2 is just as magnificent as the first volume. Even though I have not read any of the As the World Dies Series, I still enjoy these stories immensely. I think that the Untold Tales will actually make me enjoy reading the As the World Dies series much more, but they are also great insight for fans of the series.

Untold Tales Volume 2 is set up much like the first with two shorter stories, followed by a longer one. The first story “Revelations” is Katarina’s origin story, which...more
Laura Thomas
The second book in the Untold Tales series is every bit as good as the first!

The characters in these three untold tales are all in Siege, the third book in the As The World Dies Series. These are their stories.

Revelation (Katarina’s Story)

Katarina has been in this series from the beginning. This is her story about her first day.

Her story isn’t pretty. The only reason she was even conceived was to grow up and take care of her parents. Her father’s dead now and she’s earning money waitressing at a...more
Lelia Taylor
Katarina makes a living slogging through long, tiring days at a diner in Ashley Oaks but she had no idea what a bad day really was until the man came in. Her entire life has been one of bitterness and devoid of any happiness or love but even that is about to look very, very good. At last, Katarina will find her backbone…and a kind of freedom.

In “A Terrible Moment”, Debbie would rather indulge her unreasoning hatred destroy her entire family than find a way to escape this horrid new danger. She m...more
Crystal Michallet-Romero
Ok, my biggest complaint about this book...it's too short!!! As you can see, it was a quick read but mostly because I LOVE Rhiannon's zombie tales. This one gives more insight into some of the characters from her original trilogy so it should stand to reason that you have to read her trilogy. Naturally if you're a zombie fan who hasn't read it yet, I'd ask, why haven't you read it yet? Come on folks, it's rare to find a zombie novel that is as compelling and filled with strong female characters...more
Latasha Lindemann, RN
Thanks for this. I was having serious withdrawal symptoms after listening to the other three books about a bazillion times. I needed to get my zombie fix after my friend lent me a boatload of books on Kindle and Nook, not one zombie in the bunch. This was just what the nurse (i.e. myself) ordered. Loved the back stories. It's one of the things I love about writing is creating those wonderful histories for the characters.

FYI
I am still mourning the loss of Ken...
Seyma
Story for behind the scenes from As the World Dies, Zombie Trilogy. The story of Katarina's first encounter with zombies, story of a woman who is angry with her husband and wants revenge, and Ken & Lenore's story. I think I liked the angry woman's story most. I think the secretary, man, kids who escape could be the people found dead in the hotel in the 3rd trilogy. This was my least favorite book in all of the As the World Dies series. It was good but not as exciting.
Felicia A
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Another editing project is now a published book! As the World Dies, Untold Tales (Vol. II) continues the back stories of pivotal characters from Rhiannon Frater's epic As The World Dies trilogy.

Be sure to get a copy today....Ken and Lenore will thank you. :-)

This book is the second volume of untold tales related to Rhiannon Frater's As The World Dies.
Carolyn F.
Love this series! This is a "first day" group of short stories of some of the characters from the books with a story about a bitter woman seeking revenge in the middle. Very good. My favorite character is Lenore who tries to look like she has to all together while inside all she wants to do is scream and cry.

I would recommend this series to all you horror fans out there!
Lindsay
I love how the untold tales are all woven together, allowing you to catch glimpses of the other characters.
Lenore and Ken's story is a near-constant high of zombie intensity! I feel like I know them as well as any major character now. Supporting cast has been picked up a notch! ;)

A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Gerard
Another awesome expansion on the ATWD universe. If you arrived here by accident have never read anything form this series, then go and get the first book and immerse yourself in a great world of Zombies and feel one with the group of survivors as you follow them through a new world.
Claudia
I totally loved reading Ken & Lenore's back story! I will more than likely go back and re-read the trilogy since now I know more of their history. Both Untold Tales were such a treat, thanks Rhiannon for putting these out there!
Ellie
It was a nice addition to the main trilogy. It fleshed out the back stories on a few minor characters. I would recomend it to anyone who loved the AS THE WORLD DIES books.
Mary Ford
Great addition to the As the World Dies universe. Love reading about the smaller (but just as awesome) characters from the trilogy.
JoJo
I didn't get into these stories as much as I did the last volume. But it is still a good read.
Julie S.
I enjoyed these 3 tales as well, but the third one could have been a bit shorter.
Sofia Galvez
loved it! really quick read and i wish it were longer. fast pased and really enjoyable.
Linda
Excellant story and fills in some missing pieces. Really enjoyed this series.
  • The Becoming (The Becoming, #1)
  • I Zombie I (I Zombie, #1)
  • Contagious (The Contagium #1)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1)
  • Sunrise
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • The Hungry
  • White Flag of The Dead
  • Autumn: Purification
  • Kings of the Dead
  • First Night Memories (Benny Imura, #0.5)
  • Plague Town (Ashley Parker, #1)
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • No Easy Hope (Surviving the Dead)
  • Domain of the Dead
  • Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #1)
Rhiannon Frater was born and raised a Texan. Though she has lived in various towns all over the state, she finally settled in Austin, Texas where she met her husband and worked as a governmental consultant.
During her travels for her job, she was inspired to write the story of two women fleeing into the Texas Hill Country in an attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse. Originally published as a se...more
More about Rhiannon Frater...
The First Days (As the World Dies, #1) Fighting to Survive  (As The World Dies, #2) Siege  (As The World Dies, #3) Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1) As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1