Start by marking “Unbreakable Love” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable Love

Unbreakable Love

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Jennie Townsend is unlucky in love, so she is immediately suspicious when a mysterious new student named Nate tries to gain her friendship. But there is something special about Nate, and in spite of her best efforts Jennie finds her feelings for the boy growing deeper every day.

In fact, Nate is more special than Jennie can even imagine. He is a guardian angel, sent to prot
Published November 21st 2011 by Acacia Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable Love

Cassie
Unbreakable love was a classic story of how love conquers all! While angels have become a very popular topic to write about, Carling puts her on little twist on the story. Nate is put in Jennie’s life to protect her for a tragedy that is soon to come. While Angels have some pretty awesome perks Nate must follow many rules.
1. He can’t touch Jennie skin to skin.
2. He can’t reveal what he is.
3. He can't Fall in Love.
4. He can’t have pets.
5. He can’t keep evidence of past jobs.
…and the list goes
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream
UNBREAKABLE LOVE GIVEAWAY!

I absolutely loved Unbreakable Love by Angela Carling, and I think that other readers will become instant fans of this novel too. Unbreakable Love is a remarkable young adult paranormal romance novel, and I’d like to strongly recommend this novel to readers who are looking for a clean and tender paranormal love story.The friendship and romance between Jennie and Nate will take your breath away.

There are so many young adult series out right now. Almost every single nove
Maria
I am truly on the fence about this novel for a couple of reasons. I really enjoyed the story, and I found myself caring deeply about our main male character, Nate, but there were also a few moments that tended to get under my skin as well.

Here are the Pros:

1) I liked the idea behind the story - it's your typical guardian angel story, but with a Romeo & Juliet type twist. It's fun, entertaining, and filled with a love that teenage girls dream about

2) I LOVED Nate - He's charming and protectiv
►Antonia ∞₪♫
I am so happy that I had the opportunity to read this lovely book. It was full of surprises and mixed emotions and that's why I liked it so much. This is the second book written by Angela Carling that I read and I am not disappointed.

I have to start with something about the cover (which I don't like). When you see it, you may think the story is about teenagers, but it's not. Well, it is about teenagers, but it also has guardian angels in it. Nate is Jeannie's protector (aka her guardian angel) a
Jannat Bhat ( Obsessive Compulsive Reader)
Awwww.
This would be my new way of saying that I loved the book.This was such a cute love story.Unbreakable Love is about Jennie , our everyday high school girl & her guardian angel Nate. Its a forbidden love. Will they end up together???...why dont you read it and find out!
Jennie’s character captured my heart. She is a strong and compassionate heroine. She is genuine and kind. She is a good person, and she has a strong relationship with her parents. Nate’s struggle between his duty to prote
Misty Baker
Does anyone else ever think of the Hokey Pokey when they are reading books? You know… “you put your right foot in, you take your right foot out…” No? Hmm.. ok, maybe I’m crazier than I thought I was. Anyways… these day, whenever I happen upon (or a publisher/author) sends me a new “paranormal romance” to read, the Hokey Pokey is the very first thing I think of.

Why?

Because originality is hard to find. (“You put an angel in, you take an angel out, throw in some stupid ass rule, and you shake it al
Krysten Quiles
I loved these characters. I think that was my favorite thing about this book, I really loved the characters, especially Jennie. Maybe it's because I kind of identified with her - choosing the wrong thing, even though you know you shouldn't.

And I loved Nate, given a job to do but tripping and falling over the girl in the process. And yeah, despite being a guardian angel he makes mistakes too. Don't we all?

But most of all I loved Celeste (and if you get your hands on this book, you'll understand
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lovers*
I really enjoyed reading this novel. Its a cute, quick, paranormal read. One thing i just want to mention is im absolutely in love with the cover of it! My only real complaint is that it was to short in my opinion, and felt a bit rushed. I couldn't really manage to get a good feel of the characters. The book is not very passionate in that steamy kinda way at all, so if your looking for that i would say def do not buy this book, But if your looking for a book about forbidden romance and what not ...more
Farron
I liked how different this book was. It took me a few chapters to fully catch on to what the author was portraying in the book. But once I caught on, this book was a good read.
Carla ♥
i loved it!
i love how it was like a breath-of-fresh-air because of the new story concept .. not like anything else i've read before :)
Corinne
This is a really, really sweet story. It just makes me feel very warm and cotton-candy inside my heart. Loved it!
Cafebiblioart
I don;t even know how to begin… First of all, I really enjoyed the plot, but I found it a bit too simple for my taste. Yes, I do love to read this kind of books, but I prefer a plot a bit more complex.( think about books that cannot be read on the tube or in a car) The story is beautiful, some sort of Romeo & Juliet combined with a sitcom.

The book is a little bit too easy to read, which can be a pro, but also a con. It is obvious that the author is not that experienced, but it shows great pr
Dani
2.5/5 stars

While the story of Unbreakable Love was fairly interesting, I found it to be neither particularly engaging nor original. This in part stems from the writing style which I found to be a bit awkward and more middle grade than young adult. There were many instances in which Carling told the reader certain things rather than showing them, creating an environment in which I just couldn’t seem to connect emotionally with both the events of the book or the characters. Instead of a plot laced
The Sweet Bookshelf
I actually couldn't remember what this book what about when I started reading it. So, I went in blind. I only had the cover to go by. Looks pretty good. Loving couple on the front. What's not to like?!

This is a guardian angel story. I've not read any angel paranormal in quite awhile. I'm not up on all the lore involved. Nate is Jennie's Guardian Angel. Her protector. His job is to protect her from a certain event so she is not harmed. That doesn't mean that others won't be, but that she needs to
Avery Olive
Unbreakable Love is the debut novel of Author Angela Carling, and I was lucky enough to snag a copy!

This has got to be one of the super cutest books I’ve read in awhile.

The characters are great, though, the story line isn’t as unique as I would have liked it to be, Mrs. Carling does a great job in writing a novel with Angels in it.

Angels have swept across the world, becoming a very popular storyline vice, but even though it’s something that is over worked, Mrs. Carling still manages to put a
Jen
Sigh.

You know it's a good book when I start out a review with a deep, relaxing breath.

And now I'm blushing. Does that cover make you blush? Yeah, just a bit, eh?

Unbreakable Love is a great Young Adult love story about a high school girl and the man who gets to protect her. Or should I say, her guardian angel? That would be more correct. Nate is the protecting angel assigned to keep watch over Jennie Townsend, your average Jane from Palm Springs, California. When Nate receives his assignment, he
H.Lee
This is a debut novel by Ms. Carling and I really enjoyed the storyline!

The writing style was different from what I am use to and the book was written like the author was telling a story. It was not necessarily from one character's point of view. It was interesting to read a book written this way, but I was not able to get in touch with the characters as much as I would have liked to.

The book starts off with Jennie going on yet another date set up by her BFF. She is tired of trying to be polite
Sarah Green
Judging by the cover, I automatically thought this was a YA contemporary novel. However, this book actually has a really good blend of contemporary and paranormal. It explores the idea of guardian angels without going too crazy into the paranormal world, which I thought was something kind of new and refreshing. I suppose it made it a little more realistic, as if this actually could happen to you. So if paranormal seems a little far-fetched for you but you'd like to see what all the hype is about ...more
A Book Vacation
Carling has put together a really cute guardian angel love story. And, while there are many books out there dealing with the topic of angels, I personally haven’t seen very many dealing with the good guardian angel, but more so the bad fallen angel. This was a nice change, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nate and Jennie as they became intense friends. While the pacing of the novel was a little fast, and it made it difficult to gage the exact amount of time that passes within the novel, it’s cl ...more
Avry15
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

Ok, this book really didn’t have to be labeled a paranormal romance, the angel theme is just a subcontext, for me this book is a young adult in itself needing no angel-theme attached…

The angel story isn’t really talked detail by detail in the book, it adds spice and keep you reading.. it points why Jennie and Nate’s love is forbidden, but what captures me is the fullness of the characters and the flow of the story itself… it doesn’t delve deep into the
The Book Mystress
My Review:

Have you ever thought that a soul is sent to earth just for you? That if that being wasn't there you don't know how different your life would be? or would you even be here at all?

This heart gripping soul searching novel is told from the other side.

A story of many possibilities of how fate and Divine intervention are all apart of how through the smallest and greatest tragedies love prevails all.

I enjoyed this novel a lot. When i picked it up, i never expected it to be suck a thought p
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
Unbreakable Love was an interesting book. It was not my favorite book but it was most certainly not the worst one either. There were some things I really liked, somethings I thought were sweet, some things that I really didn’t like, and even some things I thought were a little cheesy. I guess all in all, my feelings are very iffy on it.

At the very beginning of the book, I could have sworn it was going to be a switching POV type of book where one chapter is Jennie and the next would be Nate, and
Kristy
This was a sweet story. I was sort of confused at the beginning, because things were moving so fast. There was barely any relationship building and I had a hard time keeping up with the feelings between Jennie and Nate. Luckily it all made sense in the end, but I got annoyed there for a while because it was moving so fast.

I just loved Nate. He had such a big and tender heart. How could you not fall in love with him when he tried so hard to put Jennie's life first, above his feelings for her, ev
Amanda (Born Bookish)
This was a sweet, romantic and totally clean love story, which is something I really appreciated!

I’ve never been a fan of the narrative writing style in any book, I feel like it keeps people from getting to know the characters deeply and being able to fully connect with them. That was the case with this book as well. I felt like I didn’t get to know Jennie and Nate as much as I would have liked, which in turn, hindered me from getting too attached.

Although it took me awhile to get used to, and c
Misty Rios
Unbreakable Love is a very cute story about forbidden love between a young girl and her guardian angel.
I truly enjoyed this story and it managed to make me cry in the end and so I believe it deserves a full 5 stars.
I loved Nate and really felt for him through all his conflicted emotions. At times I wished he would just act on them already because the anticipation was killing me!
I was easily able to relate to Jennie and felt her heartache when she felt rejected. I particularly liked Celeste as w
Jessica
I just discovered GoodReads when a friend of mine told me about it at a party. I signed up today and went through and rated a number of books. I was not planning on writing any reviews but decided to write a review on my most recent read. I just completed Unbreakable Love by Angela Carling. I found Unbreakable Love to be an entrancing book. I could not put the Kindle down. Nate’s relationship with Jenny touched me to my soul. I found Nate’s struggle to do the right thing and to still keep Jenny ...more
Abby Barenholtz
After reading this book, I now wonder if I have had a guardian angel. Going through high school can be rough enough as it is, but Jennie is lucky enough to have been sent a guardian angel, though she does not know it. With some very rough pitches about to be thrown her way, Nate is there to help Jennie through them. With a romance blooming but Nate being unable to act on it and tragedies about to occur, this book will have you hanging on the edge of the bleachers. Between Nate's charm and Jennie ...more
PopcornReads
Autographed Book Giveaway & Review:
When the publisher approached me about reading and possibly reviewing Angela Carling’s debut novel, Unbreakable Love, I took a leap of faith because I had enjoyed the Chelsea Fine novel I read from the same publisher. I’m glad I did. This young adult paranormal romance takes a fresh clean look at teen relationship issues, and it will touch your heart. Read the rest of my review and enter to win 1 of 2 autographed copies at http://popcornreads.com/?p=2583.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I won this book from a giveaway hosted by Popcornreads.com.

Maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic myself, but I was drawn to this little book. It is very simply written and actually reminds me a lot of the show, Kyle XY. Jennie and Nate make a sweet couple, but probably my favorite character is Celeste.

The story probably wraps up too neatly, especially in the last chapter. But there's a part of me that was glad that it ended the way it did.

A nice pre-Valentine's read!
Sara (sarabara081)
I wanted to like this book, I really really did. It had a great premise, forbidden love between a girl and her guardian angel. And I love books in the angel genre, but this one fell flat for me. I never developed a connection to the events, a connection to the characters of Nate and Jennie, nor did I see theirs with each other. I also felt like the story was choppy, one ridiculous event after another. Nothing felt sincere or believable. Overall, I was disappointed.
Creative Reviews: Win Autographed Copy of Unbreakable Love 1 5 Jan 04, 2012 09:31AM
  • The Beloved (The Beloved, #1)
  • In the Spotlight
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • Candlewax
  • Beloved
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Loving Emily
  • Liesmith: Book 1 of The Wyrd
  • Relatively Honest
  • Suck It Up and Die (Suck It Up, #2)
  • Dead of Night (The Youngbloods, #2)
  • Domino Falls
  • For Always
  • A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me: An Impossibly True Story
  • A Place in This Life
  • Mocked by Faith (Mocked, #2)
  • Smile for Me
  • The Loved and the Lost (The Verona Trilogy #3)
Raised in Palm Springs California. A desert rat that writes Young Adult novels and loves all kitties and her family. Can be bribed with chocolate. Published books, Unbreakable Love, Shackled and Becoming Bryn.
More about Angela Carling...
Shackled Becoming Bryn