Start by marking “Yaşamak İçin Kaç (Michael Bennett, #2)” as Want to Read:
Yaşamak İçin Kaç (Michael Bennett, #2)

Yaşamak İçin Kaç (Michael Bennett #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  20,510 Ratings  ·  1,160 Reviews
NYPD'de yalnızca tek bir kişi bu sansasyonel olayı çözebilirdi: Dedektif Michael Bennett. İşini bilen katil, nam-ı diğer Öğretmen, New York'un güçlü ve kibirli elitlerinin içine korku salmıştı. Zengin insanlar adımlarını dikkatli atmalıydı, yoksa ölüm her an kapılarını çalabilirdi. Bu stres sıradan bir polisi aşsa da, Mike göreve hazırdı. On çocuğuyla ilgilenmek onu bu işe ...more
Published October 2011 by Artemis Yayınları (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Yaşamak İçin Kaç, please sign up.

Giuseppe Ruotolo Hi Laura, just finished it. It's better than Crack. There are a couple of F-words. I didn't have much issue with that. If you like Patterson you will…moreHi Laura, just finished it. It's better than Crack. There are a couple of F-words. I didn't have much issue with that. If you like Patterson you will enjoy it.(less)

Phrynne
Jul 19, 2016 Phrynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in this series about Michael Bennett, a detective whose wife has sadly died and has left him with ten (yes ten!) children. So a rather unusual setting for a crime novel but it works. At least it does for me!
In this story the murderer is unusual too as in the sheer number of murderous events. Our hero holds it together while all of his family are falling around him with flu, and the murders become very personal. Of course the sequence of events, culminating in a crazy finale, are quite
Shiela
Looking for a book that reads like the latest Jason Statham movie? Patterson’s thrilling Michael Bennett series are the books for you. Leaving off from Step on a Crack, Michael and his ten kids are thrown back into turmoil after the death of Michael’s wife. To make life a little harder, the kids all come down with virulent flu right when Mike is assigned to his latest case. A devious serial killer dubbed “the Teacher,” is on the loose in New York City murdering the rich, powerful and arrogant. T ...more
Cheryl
Feb 07, 2009 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sadistic killer is on the loose in New York City. He calls himself the “Teacher”. He is going around punishing everyone from the girl talking on her phone to the top elite of New York. The teacher reminds everyone to remember your manner or suffer the consequences.

Detective Michael Bennett a trained hostage negotiator is promoted to the lead investigator on this case. He is instructed to solve these murders quickly. Detective Bennett’s training kicks in and he is off in full force. At first i
Lee Kyle
Jan 25, 2012 Lee Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read any of the other Bennett books by James Patterson
Recommended to Lee by: Jamespatterson.com
Fantastic gripping book, page by page! Although having read all of Patterson's books featuring Nypd supercop Michael Bennett, I'd have to say Run For Your Life was the best of the lot! Also have to note if their was one book that they should make a major motion picture of, it would have to be this one as well.

After the outcome of the crimes of the first book in this series Step On A Crack were said and done it didn't mean that Nypd cop Mike Bennett could simply live life with his brood of a fam
Jan
Sep 18, 2009 Jan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-copy
Matt
Sep 03, 2015 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Standard JPat. Action packed story about a cop tracking a serial killer. This time it is a cop with a dead wife and 10 kids who are all sick while he is tracking a guy who is trying to teach the world a lesson (but really just getting revenge for a long lost brother).

The weird thing about this is the prologue involves some guy getting shot by an unknown sniper, and then the last scene has riots because of it, but they never really deal with it. I assume that will be covered in the 3rd Michael Be
Apr 06, 2009 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Sarah by: My mother
I was 24 pages in before I decided I had much better things to do with my life than read this. I couldnt stand the style of writing - i felt like I was reading something with too simple of sentences. Maybe its just against the kind of style I like, but I honestly felt like this was horrible writing and I just couldn't wait it out long enough to see if the plot went anywhere interesting.
Debs
Jan 31, 2010 Debs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, Patterson has a new hero in the form of Mike Bennet, NYPD.
Wonder what he's like?
If you're a follower of Patterson's books, you'll probably guess that Bennet...
1: Is single or a widower
2: Has children and a small select group of important family and friends.
3: Has many skills including negotiating and profiling. In fact, he's pretty darn good at anything that comes his way.
4: He's handsome and any woman's idea of a 'good catch' (supposedly!).

Oh no, forgive me. The above seems to be a descri
Maria Elmvang
Mike Bennett, NYPD homicide detective, is facing the worst nightmare of his life. His children are all sick, and he can't even stay home to take care of them, because a maniac calling himself "The Teacher" is running around Manhattan killing the rich, the snobbish and the rude. It would appear that nobody in the upper circles can count themselves safe, but what Mike really wants to know is how the victims are chosen! Is it just a random sampling? Or are they all connected somehow? When the kille ...more
Drina Steinberg
Mlako. Moze to Dzejms mnooooogooo bolje.
Don M.
Jan 25, 2015 Don M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second "Michael Bennett" book. Detective Bennett is on the trail of a murderer known as "The Teacher" who is out to teach the rich people of New York to mind their manners. If the don't they die. In the meantime, Michael Bennett is fighting a flu epidemic at home with his ten children. (It tells you this on the back cover, so no spoiling things here).

My feeling about the flu situation was a bit mixed at the start. There are only so many ways you can handle projectile vomiting, but af
Alyssa Botte
Natalee
Michael Bennett returns in Run for your life, the second in the series. Michael returns to us with his nanny and 10 kids after his wife died in the first book. This time he is faced with a killer calling himself 'The Teacher'. He goes on a killing streak killing people in New York. At first it seems random but a pattern seems to emerge after someone identify's who they think the teacher is. On top of this, all of his kids have the flu and are vomiting everywhere!
The book is a typical short chap
Jack
Feb 05, 2014 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All in all I really did enjoy this book and found it an easy read. It is the first James Patterson book that I have read and it has led me to go out and buy many more. This title from what I can tell is the second in the ‘Detective Michael Bennett’ series, but without reading the first I had no problems understanding any of the storyline.

The book made me personally want to keep reading to find out not only the detectives next move in response to the crimes being committed, but also to keep rea
Sean Tay
Feb 26, 2012 Sean Tay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why I decided to read this book: I've known for some time that the author James Patterson has thrilling books so I searched around the library for this particular author and eventually found this book which was worth the looking.

This book fits under my 'Your Own Choice' section of my bingo board since it has no other genres that it would fit into.The categories it would've gone into are crime,adventure,mystery,thriller which i didn't have in my bingo board.

My favourite quote from the book is:He
Ryosuke
Oct 02, 2009 Ryosuke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If there's anyone out there who was looking for a good thriller, the book you’ve been looking for is Run for Your Life by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. This book is the sequel to Step on a Crack, but you'll have no trouble understanding even if you haven't read the first one.

This was one of those books that have nonstop action on every page. Mike Bennett, a detective who works for the New York Police Department, must track down a deadly killer, who calls himself "the Teacher" and is on
Shonda
Feb 22, 2009 Shonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
When I read Step on a Crack, the first novel featuring Michael Bennett, I did not know it was the start of a new series. Michael Bennett is a character that is easy to like. He’s a dedicated police detective, but sometimes fantasizes about a career change. He’s determined to make the streets of NYC safe. At the end of the day, Detective Bennett wants to be a great dad to his ten children. Having just lost his wife to cancer, Mike tries to pick up the pieces and move on while dealing with his gri ...more
Linda Alexander
Dec 29, 2012 Linda Alexander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is most definitely an action packed drama that holds one's attention to the max! I appreciated the home scenes with the 10 children the detective has, and all the issues that go with having a family of that size. What made the home scenes so real and draws the reader in full empathy mode is the flu 'bug' having hit the household as well. Poor guy is chasing his tail trying to figure out who is doing all the killings, and then comes home to his kids being seriously ill besides. He tries to g ...more
Brandon
Nov 21, 2013 Brandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Run for your Life
Author: James Patterson

Throughout the book there is treachery, death, and murder. To briefly summarize the book it is about a tired, widowed cop who is trying to get by day after day with work and his family when he is called on a special case to track a slick murderer, The ‘Teacher”. The teacher is a handsome, well groomed man who wishes to rid New York of its rude and arrogant population. I think a mask is a good symbol for the book due to the fact that a mask covers u
Intentional Jen
I read this book for our diet office book club at my work. I am not really a fan of James Patterson's writing, but he can tell an okay story. I would almost give this novel a 2.5/5.

I shouldn't have admitted to my co-worker that I can identify with the murderer. She gave me the strangest look.

I couldn't really connect with Bennett. I didn't believe that he loved his children. It seemed like he was just going through the motions. And, even if Bennett inherited a multi-million dollar apartment, w
ReaderSP
Oct 17, 2012 ReaderSP rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I am a huge James Patterson and I love his stuff but he has really gone downhill lately. I was in two minds whether or not to bother with his latest novel.
I have been really disappointed with the latest Alex Cross novels and I am left confused by his latest character Michael Bennett. Is this not just the same character?!?! I could not separate the two. There are differences in the number of children they have etc but basically they are the same person.
The story follows Michael Bennett as
Kristy
Feb 21, 2011 Kristy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011, mystery
I gave this book two stars because, while I thought the actual plot was pretty good, it didn’t really live up to my expectations. The characters were a little too mundane, in my opinion. Having said that, it wasn’t necessarily bad, but it really wasn’t good either, so for me it was about average.

The one thing I did like is the plot twist near the end. I kind of saw it coming, but it was still pretty good. The story is told from the homicide detective’s point-of-view as well as the murderer, whi
Jun 17, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
well after months of not reading I have finished a book and it did get me a emotional.

generally the plot is similar to many of James Pattersons many books however the main character Mike is definately one of his best.

The ending definately got me emotional so although the story was samey I felt his writing was stronger in this book than some of his others.
Kevin
Apr 27, 2009 Kevin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Keisha Hogan
Oct 27, 2015 Keisha Hogan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sucks you in from the very beginning. The action in the book is written so vividly, it's like your watching a motion picture in your mind. One of my favorites from JP.
Gail (myJunegirls)
At some point, I am going to have to accept that James Patterson sold out and I can't read his books anymore. I LOVED his Alex Cross series when it first came out. I keep reading the new books in the series (since I love Alex's character so much) and have been repeatedly disappointed.
JP's latest book, was.....I don't even know what to say. The whole backstory of the family having the flu was just odd. The current pop culture references just seemed like they were thrown in whenever they came up.
Pam Hand
Jun 14, 2016 Pam Hand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another surprise ending for James Patterson and his co-author. I only gave it 4 stars because part of the ending was not very believable. Otherwise, I could not put it down!
Donna
Feb 13, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!

Love Mike Bennett. This one was an Awesome read. Such great characters. It was a true page turner til the end!
Patricia
Apr 05, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this Michael Bennett murder mystery for almost all of the book. The ending was a bit too much! Still, the story was not ruined.
Andrula
Michael Bennet reminds me of Alex Cross, although I like this last one better. At least Cross is a loner who catches killers for a living. For some reason Bennet's character is presented as a widower with... wait for it: 10! adopted children and a full time NYPD detective job.
It just did not convince me, I don't want to feel sorry for the guy trying to catch the killer, I just want him to get things done without worrying about his kids vomiting in his bathtub!
I was also expecting him to get inv
  • Don't Look Twice (Ty Hauck, #2)
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • Loitering with Intent (Stone Barrington, #16)
  • Bones (Alex Delaware, #23)
  • Guys Read: Boys Will Be Boys
  • Quicksand (Eve Duncan, #8)
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • The Payback (Dennis Milne, #3)
  • The Alibi Man (Elena Estes, #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Michael Bennett (9 books)
  • Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett, #1)
  • Worst Case (Michael Bennett, #3)
  • Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, #4)
  • I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, #5)
  • Gone (Michael Bennett, #6)
  • Burn (Michael Bennett, #7)
  • Alert (Michael Bennett, #8)
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)

“You know the pop is coming, but damn if it don't always surprise you.” 3 likes
“He was the Teacher, the world was his students, and class was about to begin.” 2 likes