Start by marking “Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)
read ebook

Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul #5)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  879 ratings  ·  238 reviews
"The saga comes to an end . . ."

In "Dark Hunter I," Stefano Marino must face his most dangerous enemy yet: US Attorney Sebastiano Beccaria, who's seeking the total annihilation of the Marino clan in the hopes of purging his own dark past.

In "Dark Frost," a traitor in the organization makes his move, hiring Silvio to kill Stefano. Meanwhile, Silvio struggles to find his pla
Published March 19th 2012 by Riptide Publishing (first published March 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Soul Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Soul Vol. 5

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
I am totally speechless and amazed at just how wonderful these books were. Even now, weeks later after finishing the series I am still touched by the emotions they evoked whist reading.

Photobucket

I was first drawn into the series by the cover. That young man, such a desolate character, seemed consumed by sadness. I just had to see what lay beneath.

Even though they are a series of Novellas, to me it was a novel, as I read them back to back with hardly time to take a breath in between, compelled by the sto
Vilda
Rating: 4,5 stars

'"Shit, you killed people for me because you love me? Really?"
Silvio reached for him and kissed him again. "Same thing."'

My series review:
Gosh, I barely know what to say about Dark Soul! I have so many thoughts, but to get them out into words... This is one of those series where the story as a whole makes it perfect, but you need it all. I wasn't blown away by the first few books, but I was definitely hooked as soon as I'd met Silvio and desperate to continue! And with every v
Lauraadriana
This was the last volume of the Dark Soul Series and as endings go, this one was practically flawless for me.

Undoubtedly this is one of the best series I've read in this genre.

Like with all of Aleksandr Voinov's stories there is a shroud of darkness, and an edge to the characters and the stories he tells that make them unique. No one else is saying what Voinov is saying, and even if they are trying, they are not doing it this well. I really really respect a writer that GETS where he can shine,
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
BRILLIANT SERIES- SO GLAD I HAVE READ THEM!!
SAD THAT IT IS OVER WITH THOUGH- I will need my next Aleksandr Voinov fix VERY soon

SILVIO
[image error]
STEFANO

If I am honest I would have given this book 4 1/2 stars as I think the ending was wrapped up with a neat bow too quickly (in my opinion). Yet my 5 star rating was for the series as a whole.

I have been addicted from the first moment I started reading until the very last word.

I was expecting the series to be darker, but that may be my warped min
Susan

One word:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

More words:

I'm done. I don't want to be done. I need more Silvio. I need to know more.

Tne series as a whole - one of the best reads ever. No, not sweet. No, not relatable. No, not happy. No, not safe. No, not satisfying. And maybe because of all that, and presented without apology, that's why I loved it so much. I don't even quite understand. Can I go back to vanilla books or am I doomed?

Volume 5 was my least favorite - probably because I read it with suc
Aleksandr Voinov
Feb 14, 2012 Aleksandr Voinov added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
That's it, we're done. Fifth and final part.
It's just me Shelly B
I just finished this book and DAMN I loved it...it's just as good as the first 4!!!!!

I can never predict how the character's are going to react or what they will do next, just when I'm sure one of them will go this way...they don't they go the other direction!!!!

All the same players are here and accounted for....Stefano, Silvio, Donata and a couple of others mixed in...we do get to meet Silvio's brother, US Attorney General....that can't be good right?

I don't know READ it and find out!!!!!

Ther
Lena♥Ribka
4,8 Stars. Because I am not going to give my over 4 stars rating that easy in the future.
Because there are only 2 books with 5 stars rating for me by now.
My shelf be-read-before-die.
And this 4,8 stars are more than all my previous 5 ratings reviews until now.
But I am going to change it. Sorry but I want to.

Maybe you have already noticed that I am going through my Voinov phase of life and that it is why right now I don't have any interests to read something except his books.

In my review of S
T.A. Webb
Waited till the end so I could review all together...

As his Mafioso overlord lay dying, west coast boss Stefano Marino waits and wonders what his share of the old man’s territory will be. He waits his turn, hanging out with all the other bosses when Silvio Spadaro shows up to the vigil. Silvio is there in place of his “mentor” and lover Gianbattista Falchi, a respected retired Don. Although being gay usually means a death sentence among these men, Silvio is respected as a made man and as heir to
Tina

That was it? I'm done? I don't want it to be done! This can't be the end! I need more Silvio, more Stefano and more Franco!

Please let me say it without annoying, irritating blinking gifs, without a bunch of photos and without quotes longer than the books. The series was a fabulous read and a roller coaster ride I won't ever forget. Thanks Aleks for an unique and sublime story.

In the final 5th volume we get to know the third Spadaro brother. I won't spoil how he fits into the story, but his appe
LisaT - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog LisaT131
Jan 15, 2013 LisaT - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog LisaT131 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m-m, gay, assassin, thriller, mafia, mafioso

~~~

Hidden Spoiler--

I can't move. I can't do anything. I can't go left, I can't go right. I can't win this game.

I keep saying this; these books are not what I had expected.

Most surprisingly, I found a simple but strong message that was completely unexpected. A message in a sexy, gay, mafia romance; come on, really? From out of nowhere a deeper meaning came clear and it was a lovingly placed punch to the gut that is becoming a pattern with Voinov.

Often, I thought I knew what was coming and I fo
Johanna
I. Am. Satisfied.

I feared the day this series would end, but now when I've read the last words, I feel oddly satisfied with it. Not with it ending, but the ending itself. Although I'm planning to start rereading the series first thing tomorrow morning. I want to make this journey again - as soon as possible - and catch all the nuances from it. Maybe at some point during the rereading I might even be able to think like Stefano: "Sometimes, he even fooled himself into believing he might know what
4.5 Stars
**Review Contains Spoilers**

”I found you for myself.”

So this is it. The final volume in Aleksandr Voinov’s Dark Soul series. Just so you know--I don’t do well with goodbyes. My heart gets guarded and sad when a series comes to an end and characters leave. And believe me, I do not want to see Silvio, Stefano, and this world go.

This volume holds five stories each adding new pieces and pressure on Stefano Marino’s crumbling world as Boss of the Marino Clan and at home with his wife, Donata
Silvana -SLiTsRead
5 BLOODY AWESOME STARS!

WOW, what I just read was twisted, wrong and SO DELICIOUS!

I want more but there is no more :(

I heart Silvio and I already picked names for our children!

However I loved Stefano the most since he made his first appearance in book 1! Having said that, I lost a bit of respect for him regarding his last decision but the ending did make up for it and I wasn't quite as angry with him, we made up and agreed on Silvio as a name if we ever have a boy #agirlcandream!

If these two won
Debra
This review is for the full work Dark Soul 1-5.

There were a lot of things I loved and a few things I had problems with. Aleksandr Voinov's writing always draws me in and goes places I don't expect. Some volumes worked better than others, but overall it is a good story.

The characters were wonderful. Silvio is so messed up and broken yet so strong,looking to belong, I loved him. Donata is level headed and thinks for herself and thankfully not written as a harpie. Stefano is a hot mess. I felt for
Awilk -never sleeps-
I read the whole five volumes back to back, so this review is for all of them, not just volume five.

From the first page of the first volume, until the last page of this one I was hooked. I didn't stop for silly things like food and water until I had read it all.

The characters were so well written, that I could forget that what they did for a living was heinous, and become attached to them as men who lived in a dark and dangerous world.

Parts of this story could of been to violent for my taste, b
Em
What a perfect ending to an amazing series of books. I just love it when you get everything you could ever ask for!

(view spoiler)

Sammy, Recovering Monster Sex Addict
I'm just numb!
Volume 5 should have been titled Decisions! And Stefano has a ton of life altering decisions to make. He has found love, but is Silvio capable of loving him in return? How can he keep Silvio and be honest with the woman he loves, his wife?

black stockings

There's a new threat on the home front as the war with the Russians comes to an end. Stefano has a mutiny brewing within his crew and a power hungry U.S. Attorney on his heels.

description

The honeymoon period with Silvio and Stefano was everything I could hav
ßk☼lvr
Aleksandr, if you read this...*claps hands*...a story very, very well done! I was uber moved by the ending, so putting warm fuzzies into words right now, feels kind of impossible. I will, though, be reading these 5 volumes again... ;)

Thank you for the crazy ride, Mr. V! ♥
Gina
That's it? No more? I don't want it to be over!!!! OMG I loved these books!!! OMG Tina girl I am forever in your debt for suggesting I read this series!!!!
Emma
*rubs her temples*
I am err…..speechless. Fuming to the point of vaporization. What. The. Hell. All the persona, that almost mythical, overpowering, sensually seductive, glossed with cruel intensity of a soulless, immorality, dripping with apathy ……Silvio….stooped in the end as nothing but a side mistress!!?? (view spoiler) Really? How convenient! For all parties involved.

What the hell, this is just infuriating. (view spoiler)
TheFountainPenDiva
Donata ROCKS! If you are immature and have issues with women in your M/M books unless they're evil, manipulative bitches threatening the main couple, you might want to skip this one, even if it's the end. Personally, Donata is awesome and I thank Aleks for not committing misogynistic fail. She loves her husband, is willing to stand by him on her own terms and she challenges him to be honest with her. How much cooler can a female in a M/M romance get? I don't give a damn what the "OMG there's a w ...more
Vishous
I will write my review tomorrow under the whole collection :)

Just have to say:

WOW WOW WOW!

I am in love with this series and this author and its characters!

And I know what I will give myself for christmas gift for reading during holidays! You can see the list on link for A.Voinov's books :)))))

Couple of more days and I will be in heaven!

Stacey
Full review to come. 3 stars for this volume. The writing was beautiful, the story interesting, but I can't shake this off feeling about the progression of Silvio's character and his actions. I feel very unsettled with this ending. I need to stew for awhile. Overall the first three in the series were the best.
Isabel
Is this really done? I wish there was more Silvio! I am fascinated for his "anima nera"!!!

Amazing, fascinating and unforgetable, that's how I describe this extraordinary series and its characters!
Yuki
I am stunned, I am sad, I'm mad - all because it's over.
The fifth installment was the best. I loved every single word of it. I loved how it ended.
I'm speechless, srsly.
Steph
Aleksandr Voinov is an absolute freaking genius!
He always manages to make you fall head over heels with his heroes, then he uses them to push you to your very limits. He always keeps you guessing and throws in amazing twists right up until the very last page. It's incredible.

I was terrified to read this last Volume. I had no idea where Voinov was going to take the characters. Who was going to win or lose? Whose heart would be broken?

"Maybe I just want to hear that you love me too."

It was aw
Arlene
I’m assuming this is the final installment of the Dark Soul series. If not, can someone please let me know? I’m dying for more just to have it, but it feels like a conclusive ending none-the-less. Overall, I have a feeling that any other crime fiction I pick up after this will fall short of the expectations that have been set. Voinov arranged the bar pretty high for me with his powerful, intense and captivating series. Absolutely addicting and shocking at every turn.

In this installment, the US A
Christina
Anna  (Bananas!)
I'm an awesome book, read me. You won't regret it.
  • Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5)
  • The Interludes (In the company of shadows, #3)
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul, #1) Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1) Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3) Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1) Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)

“Falling in love with you isn’t easy. Most people waver between loving you and killing you, and you’re usually lucky they come out at the loving you side.” 27 likes
“Silvio said with a fond smile. "That was when I knew you meant it."
"Meant what?"
"That you care about me." Silvio took the helmet again and stared at it like a postmodern Hamlet. "Franco told you about Toppolino. You remembered. I knew you cared about me."
"Of course I do. I love you, Silvio." He didn't cringe inwardly when Silvio's answer wasn't the one his wife gave him immediately. Silvio wasn't good at this, and he accepted it.
Silvio smiled and turned toward the door. "Same thing.”
13 likes