Start by marking “Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)

Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #4.5)

Ginny has been deeply fascinated by Ram for months, but dared not act on it or she’d be torn from her mortal life on earth
ebook
Published April 15th 2012 (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Magic

Laura Wright
Feb 13, 2012 Laura Wright rated it it was amazing
Not sure how Lyon did it, but this novella has the emotional punch, deep sensuality and intricate plot of a complete novel. Please, please, please keep this series going< jennifer!! You have a big following and we love these characters. Wonderful addition.. are we going to see more angels in the future???
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Mar 27, 2012 Carla-Book Monster Reviews rated it it was amazing
Carla's Review:

LOOK OUT!! Lyon Lady is back! And she's kickin' some serious butt with her first indie published Wing Slayer Hunter e-novella.

I have been a fan of the Wing Slayer Hunter series since Blood Magic was released back in February of 2009 and I've been hooked ever since. Every book has made me laugh, cry, yell out in frustration and clamor for the next release. I was devastated when I found out that the publisher did not renew the contract to publish more books and I am ecstatic that J
Visionary
Mar 30, 2012 Visionary rated it it was amazing
Simply wow - that is the best way for me to describe this e-novella. Always liked the intricate world of Lyon's Wing Slayer Hunter books, the uniqueness of it, the difference and freshness of it in the PNR books.

I sat down to read and envetually had to relocate so my husband and sons would not disrupt me, how engrossed I got in this story. I could not stop, had to hit the next page button to read until I lost all sense of time.

Lyon really twists your emotions in this story. Your heart aching
Stacie
Sep 19, 2015 Stacie rated it really liked it
Loved it!! But it ended in A FREAKING CLIFFHANGER!!!! And there are two more books before we get to their conclusion. Rrrrrrrrrr!

Happy reading :)
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Feb 13, 2012 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella. Jennifer Lyon had yet again sucked me back into the world of the Wing Slayer Hunters. I am so looking forward to what she has in store for us next.
If you have not started this series you really need to put it on your TBR pile or better yet. Go buy the books and start reading now.

Full review:
What do you do when the one person who can save you, runs from you? But the one person you want, the one that is always there, the one willing to do anything and everything for you just
Victoria
Mar 07, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure here: I love the Wing Slayers and was SO excited the Jen decided to continue the series and then to get an ARC to review :). Let's just say I was very happy.

Forbidden Magic is a novella that packs a lot of punch. Jen has been successful in giving enough information within the novella that one who hadn't read the previous books could pick it up without and not be lost. To me that is a tremendous accomplishment and will easily bring in new readers to this enjoyable series.

Since cro
Alesha
Mar 22, 2012 Alesha added it
I cannot believe the publishers decided not to continue this series. Good on Jennifer for publishing this one herself.

I can't wait to read it!
Shonna
Mar 07, 2012 Shonna rated it it was amazing
While you could read this as a stand alone, I don’t recommend it. Why?? Because if you haven’t read the Wing Slayer series you are truly missing out on some amazing tales that I know you will want to start from the beginning. Each book draws you into a world that is so full of emotion and adventure that as soon as you finish the first book you will immediately want to start the next until you reach the last page of FORBIDDEN MAGIC.

Wanting no part of him, Ram’s soul mirror has fled into hiding w
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Mar 07, 2012 Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Magic- Forbidden is the love you feel for someone who is not your soul mirror but your soul knows is the person for you. From the beginning of the Wing Slayer Hunter series I have felt that if given the smallest nudge that Ram’s impressive control and strength would waver and that is what happens when Ginny sets out to seduce him. It didn’t take long for Ram to figure out that Ginny was not a mortal woman but it took less of time for him to realize he wanted her more than anything ever ...more
Michelle
The Wing Slayer Hunters (WSH), to me, is one of those highly under-rated series. I was a late comer to the books and I must admit to falling really hard, really quickly.

In this installment we pick up right where Sinful Magic leaves off. Ram is tormented, his Thunderbird tattoo is awakening and he is struggling with his attraction Ginny and his need to hunt down Shayla, his soul-mirror, and kill her - even though he know's she's the key to ending his curse.

Jennifer Lyon is one talented lady, she
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it it was amazing
Love the Wing Slayer Hunter series..It has always been one of my favorite! I have been waiting for Ram's story for what seems like forever! I applaud Jennifer for making such a strong character, on the outside he is RAM, tough, secretive, forced to be HARD, due to his military upbringing...a man who has struggled, yet conquered his life's trials and tribulations...and on the inside he wants basically what everyone wants...his Soul Mirror...enter Ginny and thank the Wing Slayer for her! Although ...more
Kristy
Apr 04, 2012 Kristy rated it it was amazing
Laura Young
Apr 01, 2012 Laura Young rated it it was amazing
Title: Forbidden Magic (A Wing Slayer Hunter E-Novella)
Author: Jennifer Lyon
Page count: 161
Genre: Paranormal Romance.
My rating: 5/5
Publisher: Who knows
Summery:Wing Slayer Hunter, Ram Virtos, must find his soul mirror witch and convince her to mate with him before his Thunderbird tattoo kills him. But while that witch might be able to save Ram’s life, it is the mysterious Ginny Stone who inflames his passion.
Ericka Spivey
Mar 07, 2012 Ericka Spivey rated it it was amazing
I am so glad the Wing Slayer Hunter series is being continued. Forbidden Magic did not read like a novella, it had the characteristics of a full length novel. It was complex and intricate. I can’t say I really payed much attention to Ram in the earlier books, Axel was my previous favorite. But he really pulled a sucker punch with his and Ginny’s story. I’m hoping we see more because their story ends with a cliff hanger.

Ginny is a girl after my own heart. She’s innocent, but knows what she wants.
Khelsey Jackson
Mar 31, 2012 Khelsey Jackson rated it it was amazing
Ramsey Virtos needs one thing. He just doesn't want to go and find it. He walks into the clue and sees Ginny Stone. She is beautiful, but too young for him. He works with her brother, they are Wing Slayer Hunter. When she is playing around and ask for a kiss, she doesn't know what she released. He wants her like he has never wanted anyone before. He tells that that they can't even be friends now, it will be too hard.
Two months later and Ginny can still feel Ram's lips on hers. Too bad she can ne
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"

I'm so very glad my GR friend gave me a heads up on this story. Not sure how to express what I'm thinking. I'm sure the author had her reasons for this novella with a cliffhanger, because it could have just waited for Ram's story which I know is coming.

Also, I think this story was a lead in for another series. Not too thrilled with a series of dirty rotten mean Angels. But, I would have never thought I'd be reading about vampires, werewolves, and guardians. So, who knows I'll probably love the s
Chris
Apr 01, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Doing the review of FORBIDDEN MAGIC I once again find myself captivated by Jennifer Lyons' magic. A book which brings the familiarity of the Wing Slayer Hunters but with new breathtaking concepts,plots,sentiments and magic leaving us with the urge for more!!! It's a MUST read!!!!Jen you rock!!!
Angel Martin
Feb 13, 2012 Angel Martin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance, sexy
This was the first series that I fell in love with.When I read Blood Magic I had to have more of the Wing Slayers!! So good for Jennifer Lyon to keep continuing the series on her own! She knows what her readers want! Can't wait for this to come out!
Amiee
Mar 31, 2012 Amiee rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this book!!
Silver James
Mar 29, 2012 Silver James rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the series, paranormal romance readers, anyone who enjoys a good story
Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5) by Jennifer Lyon I last read this book in 2012, when it ws first published. It was my utter delight to enjoy it again during my reread of the re-released series in preparation for reading the newest book in the series, CAGED MAGIC. This is still a star-crossed lovers romance that breaks my heart. Still...there's hope. One of my favorites in the series, though my original thoughts are still true. Still a full 5 stars!

Original review: When I learned the publisher discontinued this award-winning series, I was hea
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
The Wing Slayer Hunters series has fast become a new paranormal romance favorite of mine!

Ram Virtos can’t help but be attracted to his fellow wing slayer hunter’s sister, Ginny. From the moment he met her he admired her strength and was drawn to the glow that seems to surround her. But Ram knows that Ginny is not his and it would be unfair to pursue anything with her. Fate has handed him a different deck of cards with an infertility witch as a soul mirror who wants nothing to do with him and ran
Claudia
Nov 26, 2013 Claudia rated it really liked it
I just re-read this one after finishing the fourth book and I still love it. But it feels like this is only the first half of this book. Ram definitely deserves to get a whole book and I hope there will be his whole story in the near future ... with him and Ginny as main characters

And here my original review

half this was my first book about Wing Slayer and I absolutely loved it! the only problem is, that it is obviously only half of the story of Ram and Ginny. Both characters are really great .
Deanna
Feb 13, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing
I must confess that I am a huge fan of the Wing Slayer world that Jennifer Lyon has created. After reading Sinful Magic and falling in love with Kieren “Key” DeMicca, I was sad to hear that the series may end. When I read that Jennifer Lyon was going to self publish the next story I was ecstatic. I have literally invested emotional energy on these characters and wanted to read more stories.

Forbidden Magic is a novella but it doesn’t feel like one. Many times when you read novellas, the story see
Redheaded Bookworm
Apr 01, 2012 Redheaded Bookworm rated it it was amazing
How have I never read this series? Where have I been, under a rock? Well, I have now emerged and find myself totally in love with Ram. Ram is an Alpha male who likes to always be in control. So when he finds his self caught between needing to find his soul mirror and his deep desire for Ginny, what is he to do? Add to that Ginny's sadistic father and his thunderbird trying to destroy him....Will Ram and Ginny find a way to overcome these obstacles?

This is one of those books you just can't put d
Linda
Apr 03, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Ram knows his soul mirror is out there, on the run from him, but the one he wants is Ginny. Shes got a lot of secrets of her own, about her heritage and the future shes trying to fight.
An impossible love story where they decide to fight for each other. Loved it, the only thing im not liking is the **SPOILER ALERT** unresolved ending, but since this is a novella im hoping for their HEA in the next book in the series. **SPOILER ALERT**
Angels, wing slayer hunters and fluffy smut, ill def. be read
A.C. Wilson
Dec 30, 2015 A.C. Wilson rated it it was amazing
A short but exhilerating read! I want more of Ram and Ginny!! Fingers crossed that Ram will be able to control the Thunderbird sending volts of electricity through his fingers and harness the power to destry Ginny's horrible father. It does seem like their love could be destroyed if he doesn't find his soul mirror and break his own curse while battling an old and powerful angel. I can't wait for the next book!!
Olimpia
Apr 04, 2012 Olimpia rated it it was amazing
Loved this e-novella. Fast paced and hugely packed. The romance in it is amazing. Also Jennifer gives us greater insight on these two loveable characters. She's made me fall in love with them and want to see thei HEA. Amazing writing. I highly recommend the series.

Can't wait for the next one.
Michele
Mar 06, 2012 Michele marked it as to-read
Great book!
Brandy
Mar 07, 2012 Brandy rated it it was amazing
can not wait! thank you for not giving up on our wing slayer hunters!!
B.E.
Feb 14, 2012 B.E. rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. If you've read any of the other Wing Slayer Hunter novels, you have to read this. And if you haven't read the others? Well, why the hell not?
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dragonfire #9.2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Apocalypse: The Lords of Deliverance Compendium (Lords of Deliverance, #2.5)
  • Released (The MacKays #1)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • My Forbidden Desire (My Immortals #2)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
  • Angel's Desire
  • The King's Druidess (MacLomain, #0.5)
  • Crystalfire (DemonSlayers, #4)
  • Devil's Gate (Elder Races, #4.6)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)
  • Wings of Fire (Guardians of Ascension, #3)
  • Koishi (GateKeepers, #1)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars, #5.5)
Jennifer Lyon is the pseudonym for USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer Apodaca. Jen lives in Southern California where she continually plots ways to convince her husband that they should get a dog. After all, they met at the dog pound, fell in love, married and had three wonderful sons. So far, however, she has failed in her doggy endeavor. She consoles herself by pouring her passion into writin ...more
More about Jennifer Lyon...

Wing Slayer Hunters (6 books)
  • Blood Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #1)
  • Soul Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #2)
  • Night Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3)
  • Sinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4)
  • Caged Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #5)