Start by marking “The Sting of The Scorpio” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Sting of The Scorpio

Monique Domovitch

The Sting of The Scorpio (The Scorpio Series #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In Scorpio Rising, Monique Domovitch presented a compelling tale filled with colorful characters and the manipulation of power, ambition, and greed. Now she gives us its spellbinding sequel, The Sting of the Scorpio, where Alexander Ivanov returns to New York with his new bride, Brigitte.

The real estate industry is ripe with opportunity. Blessed with irresistible charm, am
Paperback, 2, 338 pages
Published February 23rd 2012 by Lansen Publishing (first published August 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sting of The Scorpio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sting of The Scorpio

Rea
Full review can be found here.

Before I start with the actual review, I’m going to point out one very important thing about me: I view fidelity in marriage as being of utmost importance. I do not tolerate infidelity and if you read my recent review of Secrets by Freya North, you’ll be aware that this affects my enjoyment of books as well. Now, I’m not religious, so this isn’t something I take from any religious text, it is simply part of my moral code. I could ramble on about how we, as humans, a
Sheila
The Sting of the Scorpio follows the fortunes of Alexander Ivanov and his new bride Brigitte following their whirlwind romance and marriage in Scorpio Rising. All the old characters are here as Alex and Brigitte embark on a new life in New York. But Alex can’t just walk straight back into work, and Brigitte struggles to balance checkbook and family commitments with Alex’s determination that his wife shouldn’t need to work.

Soon Brigitte’s painting again, making friends and allies in New York’s bu
Jenn (Booksessed)
This sequel does not disappoint; I love to hate these characters. The only character I genuinely hope for is Brigitte and she frustrates me to the point of sadness. The characters are just as ambitious, vindictive and at times oblivious as in the previous installment and I can also say that the characters did grow and evolve.

One of the things that I found to be the most fascinating was how Alex’s ambition never lessened even though he was making progress in his career. Brigitte continued to mak
Margaret
Remember when Sidney Sheldon published quality page-turning fiction? I mean the books prior to his over-recurrence of props like Nothing Lasts Forever's character (appropriately nicknamed) "Honey" who always carried a jar of honey whenever she tried (and succeeded, thanks something kinky that involved honey) to sleep her way to the top; or the omniscience of liquid ecstacy in The Best Laid Plans? Or how about the poorly researched Multiple Personality Disorder (that DSM IV actually reclassified ...more
Marie Borthwick
Dec 22, 2011 Marie Borthwick rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fans of John Grisham or Nora Roberts!
Alex has grown stronger in many ways - determination, success and greed. It's not long before Alex sees his marriage as a momentary lapse in judgement - one he can't pull away from. Rather than acknowledge that their may be trouble in his marriage - he dismisses it and falls back on greedy nature that has comforted him since childhood, one he interprets as a desire to survive.

Alex does become somewhat of a cliche corporate climber - nothing is never enough; their is never enough money, never eno
Frishawn Rasheed
In this, the second installment of the Scorpio Rising series, readers get to catch up with the newly married Alexander and Brigitte Ivanov as they trade the charm and sophistication of Paris for the non-stop hustle of New York.
One would think that Mr. Ivanov would have the world by the tale as the new husband to a beautiful and talented artist, and father to an adoring son. In the case of any other man, one would be right; for Alex however, that assumption could not be further from the truth.
Ale
Christine Cunningham
The Sting of the Scorpio continues with main characters Alexander Ivanov and Brigitte Dartois and their new life together in New York. Alex is more determined than ever to succeed in the architectural field and Brigitte has given up her artistic gift to focus on the duties of a wife and mother. Although Brigitte has a chance meeting with a famous actress that would help launch her career in New York, Alex all but forbids it. Through hard work and sketchy business deals, Alex finally makes a go o ...more
Ashley
More reviews at booknook.me - book reviews and hot chocolate.

If Scorpio Rising was good, The Sting of the Scorpio was AMAZING!

The first book tells the story of two kids growing up and trying to make their ways in the world. This second book tells an equally intriguing story, but also deals with an intense whirlwind of emotions. Everything in this book is so true and so real, that it made me smile, laugh, giggle insanely, and cry.

The Sting of the Scorpio begins where I left off in my review of Sc
Paula  Acton
Another enthralling page turner. The sequel to Scorpio Rising takes us on a hectic rollercoaster ride with its two main characters. Once again the flaws of these two people draw us in. Alex’s ambition and greed possess him overwhelming the love he has for his wife. Brigitte is a wonderfully complex character while we admire her loyalty and determination her naivety remains and at times the reader has the urge to reach into the pages and shake her. The new characters to the series are wonderfully ...more
Jaclyn Cotton
Review: The Sting of the Scorpio by Monique Domovitch

The Sting of the Scorpio by Monique Domovitch

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

The Sting of the Scorpio by Monique Domovitch is the second of two novels about the lives of Alex and Brigitte. This novel pretty much picks up just after the first one ends. Unlike the first novel that takes place both in the US and in France, this one takes place only in the US and specifically in the City of New York.

Scorpio Rising follows Alex and Brigitte through their
Anna Tan
“My husband, a King Midas,” she said with a sigh.
“What are you talking about?” asked Alex sleepily.
“Haven’t you heard of the story of the King who turns everything he touched to gold?” she asked.
“Sounds great.”
“Oh yes,” she continued. “Until one day, he touched his daughter by mistake and she turned into a golden statue…”

Consumed by his passion, Alexander Ivanov throws himself into work, often ignoring his new family. His greed for more and his single-minded obsession for success brings him to h
Gaele
Picking up where Scorpio Rising left off, this book continues with all of the emotional punch and well-defined characters of the first, while creating a story that is fun to read, and keeps you entertained. Brigitte and Alex have moved to New York, and are starting their lives together. Alex has not lost his desire to ‘be someone important’, and his single-minded determination and immature need for ego-stroking at every moment create a character that is far less sympathetic. As the business and ...more
Deb
What I liked:
Lots of fascinating characters, with the main characters - Brigitte and Alex - taking center stage.
Lots of interesting happenings in a fast-paced story that kept the momentum going.
Alex's drive and obsession with making money and becoming important. From the beginning of the first book, readers knew how much he wanted to succeed. Although he became a less than loveable person in the process, he never faltered in his determination.
The twists and turns of the story. I was never qu
Charlotte123
I don't usually write reviews, but I found myself writing one for this author's first book and now for the sequel. It's been a long time since I've found an author who makes me want to run to the store and buy everything they wrote. This book made me laugh, cry and when the ending came, it was totally unexpected. You gotta read this.
Wow...just so much going on in this book. Cheating, scheming, power, oh my. This book's story line was not at all what I had expected for the characters but it worked. I really enjoyed this book. I was engrossed all the way to the end. I guess in the end Alex got what he deserved.
Catie
Great Book, Kept me Wanting to read more and more, Read the whole book without stopping. Love the ending. Gives you a mix of emotions, one second your happy, then filled with sadness, I love books like this that keep you wanting more, and make you feel emotions for the character!
Troy Riddle
Just finished it...and I have to say, I'm sad that it ended. What a rollercoaster ride! Loved, loved, loved it!!
Michelle
Well, where do I start with this book. While reading this book I literally felt like I was taken into a world similar to the old Dynasty series that used to be on television where everyone wants to be better than everyone else and will step on whoever they can and team up with whoever they can to get what they want.

The Sting of The Scorpio centres around Alex and Brigitte who are now man and wife and starting out their new life together in New York. It's starts out with Alex struggling to get wo
Nai
When I find a book to read, it is often recommended to my by someone else. I also go on hunts for classical literature, and tend to read all the books an author has written if I like their work.

This then, is the story of Scorpio Rising, and what will soon be the story of The Sting of the Scorpio.

SR Cover Synopsis:

Set in New York and Paris amid the glamorous and competitive worlds of art and real estate, Scorpio Rising takes the reader from the late 1940s to the 1960s through the tumultuous lives of it
April
This sequel to Domovitch's Scorpio Rising is an absolute page-turner. I had intended to read a chapter or two every night, which I did at first, but at one point in the story, everything seemed to kick into high gear and I ended up reading two-thirds of the book, staying up until 1 a.m. to finish it!

The Sting of the Scorpio picks up where we left off in the first book, with the marriage of Brigitte and Alex. As in real life, people change as the years go by but not always for the better. Alex be
Monique Domovitch
Aug 20, 2011 Monique Domovitch rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
The sequel to Scorpio Rising, is even more of a ride. By the time I finished this book, I wanted to get right back to work and write a third installment. But I have other books I'm contracted to write before I can get back to my Scorpio Series.

Monique Domovitch
I know I'm totally biassed as I should be. After all, I did write this book. But the best test is that of time. I can't tell you how many times I've read and re-read this book, (Editing does force one to do that) and I love it to this day.
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Chizzy Anyim
Chizzy Anyim marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Meade Haller
Meade Haller marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Cundilips Leylo
Cundilips Leylo marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Bronwin
Bronwin marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Monique Domovitch was born the first in a family of ten children in a small town in Northern Ontario, and maintains to this day that she was not harmed by the experience.
She attended The Sacred Heart Convent, a boarding school where she learned to keep her hands folded neatly in her lap and to smile vaguely when people use profane language around her.
Her first job was as a fashion model, and she
More about Monique Domovitch...

The Scorpio Series (2 books)
  • Scorpio Rising (The Scorpio Series, #1)
Scorpio Rising (The Scorpio Series, #1) Getting Skinny (A Chef Landry Mystery, #1) Getting Rich (A Chef Landry Mystery, #2) The Scorpio Series Boxed Set