Start by marking “Cupid” as Want to Read:
Cupid

Cupid

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Forget what you know about the god of love. He isn't a round baby with a bow and arrow strapped to his back. He doesn't fly to and fro while smiling at painters, sculptors, and digital artists along the way, thrilled to pose for his admirers. He isn't angelic, happy, or bashful.

Cupid is an angry teenage girl who wears jeans and sneakers more days than not. She is constantl
ebook, 1st Edition
Published February 9th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Cupid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupid

Cinder by Marissa MeyerThe Selection by Kiera CassUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiEverneath by Brodi AshtonIncarnate by Jodi Meadows
2012 Debut Authors (Young Adult & Middle Grade)
264th out of 973 books — 5,829 voters
Cinder by Marissa MeyerUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiThe Broken Destiny by Carlyle LabuschagneIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsEverneath by Brodi Ashton
YA Debuts 2012
176th out of 429 books — 1,344 voters

More lists with this book...

Stella
A lovely read. Fun, sarcastic but empathic. The god Cupid takes on the guise of a reclusive teen girl and attempts to end the reign of romance on Earth, only to fall prey to her own poison. This story erupts with the central romance, and keeps you hooked. Witty and sexy and original, brutally honest about love, but with an undeniable message of hope.
Tabitha
I loved this book, from beginning to end! Cupid is a girl after my own heart...witty, sarcastic and cynical about all things love. For a debut book, it was amazing and I can't wait to read more by this author.

**Side note: do not read if you are experiencing problems in your love life. You will relate to Cupid's cynicism, sarcasm and skepticism on a level most people won't understand. If you are a die-hard romantic...well, as the author says, forget everything you thought you knew about Cupid.
Anastasia
Enticing, hard to put down, humorous. A book that stays on your mind after you're done. I definitely recommend this book to those who want to stay up all night reading. I love that this book sends a subtle message about the importance of trying to do the least harm to others while trying to figure out one’s self: a model that we all need to integrate into our core.
Becky
Apr 20, 2014 Becky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Becky by: Jill Weathers
Cupid is funny, witty and a quick easy read. Sweet and sad in parts, it was the perfect choice for a rainy, dreary day.
Gretchen Paulson
For a good part of this book I was scared how it was going to work itself out. Cupid started out quite negative and pessimistic while I appreciate these qualities, I can only take so much of it. I was hopeful for a relationship between Cupid and Toryn. It is sweet and sad the way it worked out but in the end I did really enjoy the book.
Kristy
I like the concept for this book. Cupid is an angry teenage girl who wears jeans and sneakers. Her views on love are bitter so she loathes her job. Personally, I like stories with a lot of dialogue between characters and this one just didn’t offer that for me. Too much narration was in the book that I found myself starting to skim. I also felt there wasn’t enough action. It wasn’t a bad read, however, it just wasn’t for me.
Cris Bergin
This was a good book. Although I like character to character interaction, this storyline was a bit boring. I felt like the author tried to use every thesaurus and dictionary imaginable to include a variety of SAT styled words. While I did not enjoy the book other people may. It just wasn't my style.
Circus Princess
Mar 16, 2012 Circus Princess marked it as to-read
Ahaha, this sounds like one of my old drafts. Except, my Cupid was a bit eviler and more bloody. But it was still about a girl being the god of love.
Elenita
Not even worth reviewing.
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Julianna
Julianna marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Anna Tea
Anna Tea marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Brittany LeMoine
Brittany LeMoine marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Sheeza Huq
Sheeza Huq marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Cathy Brockman
Cathy Brockman marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Terri Robinette
Terri Robinette marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
The Nights Illusion
The Nights Illusion marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Jessica Herald
Jessica Herald marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Abbi
Abbi marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Raven Hymn
Raven Hymn marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
  • Vivid (Vivid, #1)
  • Painted Blind
  • Eloah's Amulet (Book 1 of 4)
  • The Shen Counter
  • The Suitors
  • Ariel
  • Redemption (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • Aventurine Heart
  • After Ever (After, #1)
  • Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)
  • The Devlin Witch
  • The Complete Tales of Ketzia Gold
  • Conjure (The Hoodoo Apprentice, #1)
  • Siren Song
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • Kissed (The Thorn Chronicles #1)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Winnemucca, a small-town fairy tale