Ghost Hunter (Harmony, #3)

Ghost Hunter (Harmony #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  2,746 ratings  ·  105 reviews
Where deadly energy ghosts lurk in the ruins of an ancient alien civilization. Where dust bunnies prove to be loyal pets. And where a ghost hunter will discover that a woman's heart is the most dangerous adversary of all...

Local Guild boss and powerful ghost-hunter Cooper Boone is everything botanist Elly St. Clair could ask for - the handsome, strong, and silent type. Ma...more
Hardcover, Large Print
Published August 1st 2006 by Wheeler Publishing (first published May 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Hunter

Barks & Bites
I listened to this book on audio. Naturally, "Ghost Hunter" turns out to be a new book that is part of a long running series and I'm left feeling confused and clueless right off the bat. Aren't there any author's out there in romanceland who can write a decent STANDALONE novel anymore? This is getting ridiculous.

Many, many moons ago I did read some of the earlier books in this series. Zinnia and Amaryllis I think they were called, and gave up in frustration and utter disappointment. They were we...more
J.S. Bailey
Don't be fooled by the title. You will not find people sitting in old houses trying to make contact with the dead.

Ghost Hunter is kind of like a sci-fi mystery romance. I loved the concept--after colonists were stranded on another planet, they had to rebuild society on their own, and 200 years later, they're back up to 21-century level civilization. The people read newspapers and have coffee and eggs for breakfast. The characters have "normal"-sounding names. But there are some cool alien ruins...more
Maria
Third in the Harmony series, this book continues with the ghost hunter tradition, this time throwing in new abilities - to create a blue ghost (Cooper Boone) and to resonate with plant life (Elly St. Clair) as well as a new city, Aurora Springs. Although most of the book takes place in Cadence and Lydia and Emmett London make an appearance (from the first two books in the series), it reads well in its own right. Good plot, good characters, good dialogue - good Krentz.
Sandra
Ellie St Clair, a psy-botanist, living on Harmony has moved to Cadence City to escape her broken engagement to Cooper Boone, Guild Boss of Aurora Springs. This is no small thing as Ellie has grown up in one of the top Guild families of Aurora Springs and has always had to do the right thing.

The reason she broke her engagement was because Cooper was not putting her first, he is a workaholic plus he had a few problems to solve when he took over the Guild. But everyone told him that Ellie was a she...more
Ning

ส่วนนางเอก (สำหรับเรา) ก็ประมาณง๊อง ๆ แง๊ง ๆ
เข้าใจไปว่าพระเอกไม่รัก ต้องการแต่งงานเพราะฐานะของนางเอก

พอตอนพระเอกมาง้อ...more
Mojca
Another winner. Tight plot, great tension, explosive attraction, gripping mystery, rather cuckoo villain, hot sex, man-of-my-dreams hero...JAK/AQ/JC knows what she's doing.

The only hiccup (as always) was the heroine. I don't know why they always get on my nerves. Maybe it's because I want their counterpart for my own and am simply green with envy. ;) And maybe it's just I can't stand their reaction, reasoning, and stubbornness when they're clearly in over their head...And their utter blindness w...more
Sheila Melo
Action Packed Harmony Futuristic Paranomal Story

GHOST HUNTER is the third book in the Harmony series. Harmony is a earth colony where the colonists were cut off from earth and have developed psychic powers that allow them to adapt to their environment. This is the story of Elly St. Clair who was engaged to Cooper Boone until she began to believe that Cooper only wanted to marry her because of her family connections to the ghost hunter guild in Aurora Springs. She walks out on Cooper and moves to...more
Jen
The sci-fi lingo in this book is about as cheesy as a bowl of Velveeta, but the story is still very cute and entertaining. Smart and independent heroine, strong but loving hero. Great love scenes and fun world-building. I'm a botany/herbal geek, so I appreciated that aspect of this story. And I really want my own pet Dust Bunny! :) I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed the narration very much. I would consider reading other books in this series. Very nice, light read. 3.75 stars.
Holly
Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle, creates an interesting genre that is a combination of
Sci-Fi, plus romance. I guess the author would call it romance with a para-normal twist.
These books are part of a series set in a near Earth off-world planet, called Harmony.
Set in Earth's future, where inhabitants are Earth colonists who traveled through a spacial flecture, called a "curtain", which opened up approximately 200 years ago, and allowed colonists to fly to the neighboring world. They brou...more
Anne
I do love the Harmony series. I purchased this on audiobook and "re-read" this book for probably the 3rd time while on vacation.

I am happy to say that the audio version was just as enjoyable. I forgot that there was a little bit of tie-in with the previous book, but I felt I was easily brought up to speed(it has been a couple of years since I read this book). I don't think I would have realized it if I hadn't read the entire series, though. I do think that most readers would get the most enjoym...more
Scottsdale Public Library
I would have read this book for Rose the dust bunny alone, but the hero, a combination librarian-enforcer and the heroine, who discovers her inner sass, are also wonderful! -Lynn H.
Micii
This book should be one of my favorite from this series.
Gmc
Ghost Hunter - Harmony, Bk 3 - Psynergy Inc, Bk 7 by Jayne Castle

Cooper Boone has been courting Elly the "Traditional" way, but nothing goes as planned.

Elly St. Clair daughter of a Guild conseleman is mortified to learn that a ghost duel has been fought over her. She confronts her father and fiance and calls off the marriage, and leaves the small town of Crystal Springs for Cadence City to start a new life.

Elly makes friends with her new neighbors and goes on with her life, but there is somethin...more
Jane (PS)
Original rating: 5 stars

I am really getting into this series and Jayne Ann Krentz as a writer. I fully intend to read the Amaryllis series once I'm through her Harmony series - just have to wait for them all to be published. Jayne Castle is a definite 'to read and re-read' author on my list. (Am also into the Arcane book series...)

*******

Reread: 23 May 2012
Audiobook
Narrator: Laural Merlington - 3.5 stars

The storyline didn't have the same impact for me, and much of this was due to the narration....more
Lady Lioness
This was a re-read for me and I'm a little surprised I haven't already read it this year. I guess I've been in a Kristen Ashley daze.

This is one of my favorites in the Harmony series as evidenced by the fact that my copy is beat to hell. I may actually have to replace it shortly as the front cover is hanging on by a thread. One of the reasons I love this series is that the heroes are always head over heels for the heroines so it's less 'getting to know you' and more 'I shall make her mine!'

I'v...more
Ladysatel
Book 3 of the Harmony Series by Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz)
Time is 200 years after the wormhole closed.

Eldora “Elly” St. Clair is the daughter of a prominent Aurora Springs Guild family, as well as a descendant of the founder of the Aurora Springs Guild. Engaged to the current Head of the Guild, Cooper Boone, Elly is beginning to question her engagement and Cooper’s love for her.

Cooper Boone, the current head of the Aurora Springs Guild, is courting Elly in the old fashioned Guild manner. He...more
Tracy
Okay, let's get the good(ish) stuff in first: The premise was interesting and the story kept me invoved just enough that I finished the book to see/hear how it all turned out.

The few Jayne Ann Krentz books that I read have the same 'feel'; apparently the formula, whether in an historical or a futuristic setting, works well enough to keep readers returning.

Now, as to the abridgement. Oh. My. Stars. The absolute WORST abridgement that I can recall hearing - EVER. It's like the author scribbled dow...more
Kathy
Angelica
More like 2.5 stars than 3. I like the snappy dialogue and the cute dust bunny, but this was a little difficult to enjoy because of the awkward scifi verbiage the author used. I understand that she was indicating that it was a different world from Earth and therefore necessitated the invention of new lingo to go along with it, but I don't feel that she was successful. Instead of it being an entertaining aspect of the novel, it became cringe-worthy in some respect. I enjoyed the action and the pl...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
This is book 3 of the Ghost Hunters and although it was a good stand alone story, I think to understaqnd the background better it would be an idea to read these books in order if possible.

Elly St Clair has just broken her engagement to the local guild boss Cooper Boone because she believes he does not love her. She leaves her university job and small hometown of Aurora Springs to go to Cadence City where she starts her own business working with herbs. Here she finds a dust bunny – a cute little...more
DragonAthtor
I confess: I kinda loved this book. It was well-written for its genre (B Grade Romance Novels) and the female could handle herself and the male wasn't an oaf which is the dynamic in so many of these (let's be honest here) books that have all the literary nutritional value of Swedish Fish. As a kid, I loved eating Swedish Fish on vacation and this books was a vacation from my last read which was extremely dark and well-written. I didn't read this book because I wanted to be wowed. The writing was...more
Meltem Y.K
Jayne Castle’s futuristic novels set in Harmony have just the right amount of paranormal, mystery and love to keep you going from one book to the next. There are nine books in the series so far and I am pretty certain there will be more. These books are stand alones, but all relate to each other. As you read more books you come across references to the hero and heroine of another one in the series, somehow they all know each other and soon you start to feel like you know them all, too. Jayne Cas...more
ms bookjunkie
Story: *happy sigh* A comfort read's a comfort read, even at x3 speed audio.

Narration: I listened at x3 speed for the story, so I have few opinions about the narration. But I was greatly disturbed that people named Kim(?) and Martinez had stereotypical-to-the-geographical-origins-of-their-names accents. Accents in a smallish population that'd been separated from its Earth origins for a couple of hundred years. That seemed…wrong. >:(
An Odd1
*** "Ghost Hunter" is a khaki-leather clad psychic creator/ destroyer of dangerous green energy that emanates from the crystal below planet Harmony. Jayne Castle aka Krentz has a formula passionate romance in a fantasy alien world, humorously lightened with cuddly clawed dust-bunnies, mutant pets somewhat feline in their independent, clever yet protective natures. Couples of strong and unusual, therefore secret powers reluctantly team in solving mysteries and lust blazes fierly ever after. Brave...more
Carolyn F.
Audiobook. Previously read paperback.

I usually like Laural Merlington's narration, but in this one her huge mistake was making a couple sound like Mr. and Mrs. Thurston Howell, III from Gilligan's Island. I stood there with my mouth open in shock. I don't know how the director/editor of the audiobook could have let her get away with it.

I'm giving this audiobook 3.5 stars for the story and all the rest of the narration which I thought was great. Elly breaks off her engagement with Cooper becaus...more
Megan Stallings
Sep 07, 2014 Megan Stallings rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Megan by: myself
Ah critics of Jayne Ann Krentz who also writes as Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick. I think the fact that she has over 40 New York Times list best sellers says she's not too much of a hack but as to writing style you either like someone's style of writing or you don't. If you don't, why keep reading it? Why make long drawn out comments? You want attention, that is always the answer.
Emily
A more engaging novel than the two previous in the Harmony series, Ghost Hunter is the tale of Cooper Boone, ghost hunter guild boss of the Cadence suburb of Aurora Springs, and Elly St. Clair, daughter of a guild boss with a new psi talent, the ability to resonate with plants. Cooper and Elly are on the trail of some drug dealers and a 'blue freak,' a hunter who can make and manipulate blue ghost energy, something previously unheard of.
Because of the nuances of these two rare psi talents, I fou...more
Curse of the Bibliophile
Jumping once again into this fantastic world of Ghost Hunter’s and dust bunnies I was not disappointed.
The action was plentiful and the romance steamy, the perfect blend for a fantastic paranormal read.
Cooper has to be my favorite Ghost Hunter of all time. At first he seems like the strong silent type, but I soon realized that he had a mischievous streak a mile wild. I really liked Cooper and think he is a great match for Elly.
Elly is tired of Ghost Hunter’s and their barbaric ways, but she soo...more
Veronica Williams
Veronica

Enjoyed this story liked I did the others.Love those dust bunnies,could almost picture myself with one.so far I have read,about 10 Jayne Castle books.Looking forward too reading the others that I have not discovered as yet.

Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Ghost Hunter (2006) Book 3 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 10:26AM
  • Crystal Flame (Lost Colony, #2)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates, #5)
  • The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, #6)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant...more
More about Jayne Castle...
After Dark (Harmony #1) Amaryllis (St. Helen's, #1) Canyons of Night (Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; The Arcane Society, #12; Harmony, #8) Midnight Crystal (Harmony #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3) Silver Master (Harmony #4)

“I've always heard that by the time you see the teeth, its too late."

(this quote paraphrased in several Jayne Castle books)”
2 likes
“why are you ending our engagement then?"
"Because of the reason you fought it" (The duel)
"I don't understand."