Start by marking “Unscripted (Duty Bound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unscripted (Duty Bound, #1)

Unscripted (Duty Bound #1)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  11 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"Shaped by fire. Bound by duty. Driven by love." Riley's tumultuous life rivals the television scripts she writes for Wild Rescue.

***

After a bullet shatters his world, actor Blythe Huxley befriends Riley Kendrick, a new writer on the television show Wild Rescue, never expecting to discover a kindred spirit.

No stranger to tragedy, Riley lends a compassionate ear to Blythe's
Published August 3rd 2015 by Champagne Books (first published August 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unscripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscripted

Stephanie
Apr 10, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
**Disclaimer** I was given a copy in exchange for my review.

This novel captured my attention and made me want to keep reading, despite the late hour. With all the twists and turns in this novel it kept me on my toes. I would look at the page number and be shocked I was less than half way hrough with the amount of action that had taken place already.

'Unscripted' was such a wonderful read, I kept tissues nearby, as a few points I was close to needing them. Hux is a sexy actor who's wife is in a c
Tara Chevrestt
I can't rate this because I edited it. So, of course, I think it's good. What I will say is fans of television shows, firefighting, suspense, good clean romance, people that have faced the loss of a loved one, mothers, there's something for all of you in this book.

Riley is a writer who gets a fun, exciting job writing for a television show called Wild Rescue. She friends a handsome man, Blythe, who has some troubling stuff going on his life. Writing for the television show isn't all fun though.
Tinalynne
Apr 22, 2012 Tinalynne rated it really liked it
A Great Read---Suspenseful and Romantic!

J.S. Marlo knows how to weave a mystery together, and she has more than one on the go in Unscripted. Two main story arcs involve arson and a killer, and the storylines take place simultaneously. I feared not being able to keep track of everything going on, but I was able to follow, and I’m happy to say that she tied up all of the loose ends quite nicely.

For all of the suspense and intrigue in Unscripted, it is a love story, and while there are some steamy
Susan Ashcraft
Blythe Huxley hears the words no man or woman ever wants to hear "Your wife has slipped into a permanent vegetative state". 17 years ago, Blythe and Claire were married and have been together ever since. Their world was shattered just a few short months ago when a bullet entered Claire's head and the surgeons were unable to remove it.

Blythe, or Hux as many call him, is one of the lead actors on Wild Rescue, filmed a short commute away from the hospital. The producer, Martin, is aware of Blythe'
Book Perfection Perfection
May 30, 2012 Book Perfection Perfection rated it really liked it
I was dreading the end of this book because I knew that it would leave a huge hole in my heart. I didn't want to say goodbye to Blythe or Riley. I wanted to stay wrapped in their story for much longer than I thought was possible, such is the amazing talent of this writer.

J.S. Marlo has an incredible knack of drawing you into the world that she has created - and created very cleverly I might add. I read a lot of books and most of them are very good but I would honestly have to say that this is an
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
CONTEST: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I really enjoyed this love story - although both main characters are married when they meet, there is no impropriety or cheating, just two co-workers that become friends. It is only later, when both of them are free to do so, that the friendship deepens. The villain of the piece was well written as well - no two-dimensional characters here. I enjoyed both the mystery/suspense angle and the romance, which can be hard to balance but was well-done in
Janet
Apr 22, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
I started this book and I didn't put it down till it was finished. This is a very good book. I loved the suspense the mystery combined with romance is a win win situation for a reader like me. The author is very good at putting the story together and keeping one interested. Kudos to J.S. Marlo on a very well done book. I also didn't figure it out right away there were enough twists and turns to keep me thinking. Thanks for such a good read.
By the way I bought the book.
Lhenry
Mar 12, 2013 Lhenry rated it liked it
I liked the concept, but it was very slow moving - even with some pretty exciting action. I might try another from this author.
Arlene Downey
Arlene Downey marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Aubrey Mac
Aubrey Mac marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Megan Martin
Megan Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
Liberty Ann Ireland
Liberty Ann Ireland marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Karen Siddall
Karen Siddall marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Maria Gad
Maria Gad marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012

Duty Bound (3 books)
  • Unearthed (Duty Bound, #2)
  • Untamed (Duty Bound, #3)