Unscripted (Duty Bound, #1)

Unscripted (Duty Bound #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"Shaped by fire. Bound by duty. Driven by love." Riley's tumultuous life rivals the television scripts she writes for Wild Rescue.

***

After a bullet shatters his world, actor Blythe Huxley befriends Riley Kendrick, a new writer on the television show Wild Rescue, never expecting to discover a kindred spirit.

No stranger to tragedy, Riley lends a compassionate ear to Blythe's...more
Published April 20th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published August 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unscripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscripted

Stephanie
**Disclaimer** I was given a copy in exchange for my review.

This novel captured my attention and made me want to keep reading, despite the late hour. With all the twists and turns in this novel it kept me on my toes. I would look at the page number and be shocked I was less than half way hrough with the amount of action that had taken place already.

'Unscripted' was such a wonderful read, I kept tissues nearby, as a few points I was close to needing them. Hux is a sexy actor who's wife is in a c
Tara Chevrestt
I can't rate this because I edited it. So, of course, I think it's good. What I will say is fans of television shows, firefighting, suspense, good clean romance, people that have faced the loss of a loved one, mothers, there's something for all of you in this book.

Riley is a writer who gets a fun, exciting job writing for a television show called Wild Rescue. She friends a handsome man, Blythe, who has some troubling stuff going on his life. Writing for the television show isn't all fun though....more
Tinalynne
A Great Read---Suspenseful and Romantic!

J.S. Marlo knows how to weave a mystery together, and she has more than one on the go in Unscripted. Two main story arcs involve arson and a killer, and the storylines take place simultaneously. I feared not being able to keep track of everything going on, but I was able to follow, and I’m happy to say that she tied up all of the loose ends quite nicely.

For all of the suspense and intrigue in Unscripted, it is a love story, and while there are some steamy...more
Susan Ashcraft
Blythe Huxley hears the words no man or woman ever wants to hear "Your wife has slipped into a permanent vegetative state". 17 years ago, Blythe and Claire were married and have been together ever since. Their world was shattered just a few short months ago when a bullet entered Claire's head and the surgeons were unable to remove it.

Blythe, or Hux as many call him, is one of the lead actors on Wild Rescue, filmed a short commute away from the hospital. The producer, Martin, is aware of Blythe'...more
Book Perfection Perfection
I was dreading the end of this book because I knew that it would leave a huge hole in my heart. I didn't want to say goodbye to Blythe or Riley. I wanted to stay wrapped in their story for much longer than I thought was possible, such is the amazing talent of this writer.

J.S. Marlo has an incredible knack of drawing you into the world that she has created - and created very cleverly I might add. I read a lot of books and most of them are very good but I would honestly have to say that this is an...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
CONTEST: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I really enjoyed this love story - although both main characters are married when they meet, there is no impropriety or cheating, just two co-workers that become friends. It is only later, when both of them are free to do so, that the friendship deepens. The villain of the piece was well written as well - no two-dimensional characters here. I enjoyed both the mystery/suspense angle and the romance, which can be hard to balance but was well-done in...more
Janet
I started this book and I didn't put it down till it was finished. This is a very good book. I loved the suspense the mystery combined with romance is a win win situation for a reader like me. The author is very good at putting the story together and keeping one interested. Kudos to J.S. Marlo on a very well done book. I also didn't figure it out right away there were enough twists and turns to keep me thinking. Thanks for such a good read.
By the way I bought the book.
Lhenry
I liked the concept, but it was very slow moving - even with some pretty exciting action. I might try another from this author.
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Aubrey Mac
Aubrey Mac marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Karen Siddall
Karen Siddall marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Bev Pettersen
Bev Pettersen marked it as to-read
2079858
J.S. Marlo spent her childhood in a small French Canadian town, reading and daydreaming stories. One day, she met her hero, a dashing young officer, and followed him back and forth across the country.

The "memorable" adventures she experienced with her young family fueled her imagination and kindled the dream of one day becoming a published author. It wasn't until after her three spirited children...more
More about J.S. Marlo...
Cold Sweat (Heart & Endurance) Untamed (Duty Bound, #3) Salvaged Unearthed (Duty Bound, #2)