Start by marking “Blues in the Night (Molly Blume, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blues in the Night (Molly Blume, #1)

Blues in the Night (Molly Blume #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Sunday, July 13. 1:46 A.M. Near Lookout Mountain and Laurel Canyon. An unidentified woman in her twenties, wearing a nightgown, was the victim of a hit-and-run accident that left her unconscious and seriously injured. There were no witnesses.

So reads the report on the accident off Mulholland Drive in Molly Blume’s Crime Sheet column for a weekly Los Angeles tabloid. Just a
Published September 30th 2003 by Fawcett (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Blues in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blues in the Night

Sheila
Only through Molly Blume's persistent investigative reporting is this murder solved.
Kathleen Hagen
Blues in the Night, by Rochelle Krich, B-plus.
Purchased as a cassette book from Blackstone Audio Books.
I’ve read these totally out of order. This is the first in the Molly Blume series. I can see that these books have gotten better as Molly developed more as a character. In this book we are introduced to Molly, who is a true crime writer with several books to her credit. She is also a freelance writer, and she has a “crime column” where she lists crimes from the police reports in a throw-away ne
Wilma Rebstock
I read this charming little book this week. It is light and entertaining but thought provoking. As I've mentioned before, we buy most of our books these days from Audible because of my husband's blindness. I greatly enjoy having books read to me by professional writers and with appropriate accents. In this case a modern young Jewish woman and her family discuss the events surrounding a true crime case the heroine is pursuing. I give it 3.5 stars.
Kendall
Good for the genre. I enjoyed reading it, but women mystery writers puzzle me with the sheer quantity of words that don't either add to, or help solve, the mystery. There is a lot of just that here. Much of it is about Jewish lore and customs. Interesting for some readers, but a distraction for others. I still recommend it for anyone who loves mysteries.
Janice
I enjoyed reading this mystery--Molly is a writer of true crime books, and is working on a story--did Lenore Sanders suffer from post partem depression or psychosis and thus kill her baby, or did she plot this murder and try to make it look like mental illness? Molly is Orthodox Jewish, pieces of her religious life and traditions added to my enjoyment of this book.
Dena
Fast, paced mystery in the city of LA. I highly recommend this author.
Danielle
I really enjoyed the twists and turns of this book and the quirky humor of Molly. Although I did get the next book in the series from the library I am going to hold off reading it for a few weeks so I don't burn out from the unique writing style of the author.
Mary  (Biblophile)
This was an entertaining mystery featuring a true-crime writer with grit. Liked the main character who did what she wanted. Lots of Jewish tidbits about life as a Orthodox Jew and how she didn't quite fit the mold.
Kim
I would have given this a 3.5 for sure. It was a very clean read and that is always refreshing. The mystery kept you going and you had an interest in the characters. I quite enjoyed reading this book.
Shirley
While I like much about this book, and it does give good info about postpartum depression/psychosis, it could be shorter. The "villian" was fairly easily detected, if perhaps not for the correct reason.
Petula Darling
May 07, 2013 Petula Darling marked it as couldnt-finish
After less than an hour of listening to the audiobook, I was so appalled by the main character's dealings with the victim that I had to shut it off.
Sandy
This is my 2nd book by Rochelle Krich. I really enjoy getting the orthodox viewpoint. I also enjoy the care she takes with the stories.
Ruth
I totally enjoyed this book. Sure, it's an easy read/listen and it's a mystery so it won't cause deep thoughts, but it is still fun.
Jessica
Smoothly readable, with an intriguing mystery and fascinating insight into Orthodox Jewish culture. A very pleasing series.
Susan Erhardt
It's very different to find a book with a Jewish heroine who actually practices her faith. I liked Molly -- and the mystery.
Gari Aber
True crime writer who discusses the experience of living in LA as an orthodox Jew, wrapped around a mystery. Enjoyable
Neelz
Molly Blume mystery. A woman who may or may not have murdered her infant may or may not have committed suicide.
Nancywboca
This book was a cute read especially with all the Yiddish and Jewish references.
Lisa
great read and loved learning about the Jewish faith as I am Christian.
LisaSunshineGirl
Lynn
Lynn added it
Oct 09, 2014
Elizabeth Ruth
Elizabeth Ruth marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Laura added it
Sep 19, 2014
  • No Colder Place (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith #4)
  • A Wrongful Death (Barbara Holloway #10)
  • The Ever-Running Man (Sharon McCone, #25)
  • Dark and Disorderly (The Adventures of Lillie St. Claire, #1)
  • Black Hornet (Lew Griffin, #3)
  • The Victim In Victoria Station (Dorothy Martin, #5)
  • The Office of the Dead (Roth, #3)
  • False Testimony (Marty Nickerson, #4)
  • Floaters (A Jack Daniels/Alex Chapa Mystery, #1)
  • Death Goes on Retreat (Sister Mary Helen, #6)
  • The Cliff House Strangler (Sarah Woolson, #3)
  • Their Wildest Dreams: A Novel
  • Life Sentence
  • 82 Desire (Skip Langdon, #8)
  • Conflict of Interest
Grave Endings (Molly Blume, #3) Now You See Me... (Molly Blume, #4) Dream House (Molly Blume, #2) Blood Money Fair Game