Start by marking “Guerillas Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Guerillas Volume 2

Guerillas Volume 2

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Critically acclaimed cartoonist Brahm Revel continues his tale of primate military prowess! Private John Francis Clayton's strange tour of duty in Vietnam gets stranger as he struggles with the unbelievable facts he is faced with. The elite platoon of simian soldiers he's encountered don't make any more sense to him than the war he's been sent to fight, but is this squad o ...more
Published July 11th 2012 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Guerillas Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guerillas Volume 2

Corinna Bechko
Equal parts sad, strange, terrifying, and thoughtful, this is not the book that you might expect based on the title. The cartooning here is first rate, the story finely crafted and full of nuance. I like to think that I'm a connoisseur of ape literature. This is indeed good ape literature.
Charles Hatfield
The elevator pitch: Platoon meets Planet of the Apes: scientifically enhanced chimpanzee soldiers go rogue in the midst of the Vietnam War, and havoc ensues. Some readers may spot debts to Tim O'Brien and We3 as well. The result: a dismaying collision of crackerjack cartooning and an misbegotten, ill-considered premise. Revel can draw up a storm, and, as his name suggests, he revels in the graphic depiction of action; he could produce a dynamite action comic in a more traditional vein. But the V ...more
Matti Karjalainen
Brahm Revelin "Guerillas Volume 2" (Oni Press, 2012) jatkaa Vietnam-sotasarjakuvaa, jossa sotamies Clayton on keskellä elämänsä seikkailua: joukko-osastonsa tuhouduttua hän on päätynyt yhteen simpansseista koostuvan taisteluosaston kanssa. Vietcongin lisäksi apinaorkesterin perässä ovat myös amerikkalaiset, joiden mukana roikkuu saksalaissyntyinen tiedemies - apinaprojektin isä - sekä Adolf, paviaani helvetistä, jolla tuntuu olevan omat pyrkimyksensä.

"Guerillas" on muutakin kuin apinoita ja kone
Naty
I love that this story turned out to be so much more than just apes with machine guns. Believe me, it's a hard sell when I tell people that's sort of the nut-shell premise, but this story has such a wonderful subtle nuance about humanity and war. It's one of the best comics about war that I've read. Revel's art being absolutely awesome is just icing on the cake.
Cory Kerr
Here's a fun little indie book. There are some entertaining action scenes (there are baboons and chimps with M16's...) but it's mostly a set up for vol 3. Sets up the stage and the mood for some additional characters hinted at in Vol 1. Hopefully the creator finishes the third volume so that I can know whether this story goes anywhere or not.
Eli
Sara
Amazing follow up to volume 1. Very pleased.
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Stevechong25
Stevechong25 marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Potatowast3
Potatowast3 marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Adrian
Adrian marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Seth Courrégé
Seth Courrégé marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Guerillas Volume 1 Marvel Knights: X-Men: Haunted Marvel Knights: X-Men Marvel Knights: X-Men - Haunted The Last Winter