Start by marking “The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 2

The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 2 (Parasol Protectorate #4-5)

Victorian supernatural fantasy has never been funnier or more fashionable than in the hands of Gail Carriger. Now her New York Times bestselling steampunk series comes to a smashing conclusion in our exclusive hardcover omnibus, The Parasol Protectorate Volume 2.

Heartless: A mad ghost is menacing Queen Victoria, and as the soulless Lady Alexia investigates, she and her tru
Hardcover, Science Fiction Book Club Omnibus, 512 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Hachette Book Group USA

To ask other readers questions about The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 2

Shannon
Apr 23, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
I can't ever be certain I'm not giving things away, so there is LIKELY RISK OF SPOILER here.

Jane Austin meets Elizabeth Peters with more complex (therefore more appealing) characters. Good romp in mid-Victorian England (with field trips to Scotland, France and Egypt). The Peabody/Emerson trope represented by Alexia Tarabotti, a smart, independent, alpha female, with the power to neutralize immortal powers of werewolves (e.g. Lord Connal Maccon, alpha werewolf of London pack) and vampires ( e.g.
Jocelyn
Jan 05, 2017 Jocelyn rated it really liked it
Reviews will begin once I am finished moving.
Aj
Mar 13, 2012 Aj rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
In comparison to the first two books, Books 4 & 5l (Heartless & Timeless), where not as good. Book 4 is about on par with book 3 and Book 5 was better, closer to book 1 & 2. These books did not seem to have a much humor as the first two books either. That being said, I still rather enjoyed the books. They just were not as enthralling as the start of the series.

Heartless finds Alexia 8 months pregnant with her infant inconvenience. A unique solution is found to deal with the vampires
Vivian
May 15, 2012 Vivian added it
This series, from the very first book of the series is delightfully witty and incredibly smart. After re-reading all five books in this omnibus and the previous, I discovered again why Gail Carriger so completely delighted me with her writing. Not only is it feisty and fun, but the portrayal of Victorian society through the lens of the supernatural provides an excellent analysis of not only the historical era, but also the way our society has evolved from the same.

Alexia is the perfect iconocla
Julia Brumfield
Oct 27, 2013 Julia Brumfield rated it really liked it
Ever since my friend let me borrow the first 3 books as a 3-in-1 I have enjoyed these books without fail while eagerly awaiting for her to finish this 2-in-1 set, which of course are the last in the series.

The fourth book (Heartless) wasn't as good or catching as the other books in my opinion but it did a glorious job acting as a bridge between the other books. Furthermore the characters were all kept fresh, with the same strong personalities and with a wittily wicked sense of humor just like
Bridget
Apr 09, 2015 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bridget by: Brenda White
The last two books from the five book series, in Heartless Alexia Maccon is far advanced in her pregnancy and constantly avoiding attempts on her life. The vampires of the London Hive (socially very similar to bees) view her child as a threat to them, and try every means possible, but she always manages to struggle through alive. A solution is proposed to stop these attempts, but I won't spoil the story for you. The last book, Timeless, has Alexia investigating mysteries in Egypt, traveling ther ...more
Michelle
May 10, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is one of my new favorite series. I sincerely hope this wasn't the end of it! However, if it is, I'll be okay I suppose since everything tied up so nicely! All my questions were answered and I was pleasantly surprised by several things. It was absolutely amazing and I loved all the characters, especially the Maccon's, Biffy and Akeldama. It was also interesting reading about Prudence considering I, myself, am a mother and could compare toddler antics. It was great!
Rebecca
Nov 28, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
See details on my reviews for the two books, Heartless and Timeless.
Amber
Feb 16, 2013 Amber rated it really liked it
waiting for more...
Susan
Aug 06, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Seemed to be a little slower than the first book, but it really picked up toward the end and led you right into wanting to start the third book. Glad I bought the whole set.
Kelly
Mar 05, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
What a thrilling conclusion to a fun romp of a series.
John Landis
Mar 26, 2013 John Landis rated it really liked it
Wonderful! Very entertaining, I hope it's made into movies.
Charles
Jul 04, 2012 Charles rated it it was amazing
Excellent follow-up to PP volume 1, introduced new generations, continually fast paced and fun. Dear Ms. Carriger...volume 3, please!
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Sera The Slytherin
Sera The Slytherin rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Kat Milby
Kat Milby rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Dale Davis
Dale Davis rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Montallegrina
Montallegrina rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Lezlie
Aug 13, 2012 Lezlie rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully intelligent and toungue-in-cheek! Victorian urban-fantasy!
Ashley Smith
Ashley Smith rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
Emily Steele
Emily Steele rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Vernona I. Parker
Vernona I. Parker rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2012
Alla
Alla rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Alex Crowe
Alex Crowe rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Elisabet Fjellander
Elisabet Fjellander rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
CoreyAna
CoreyAna rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Desire Me Only
  • Agatha Heterodyne and the Siege of Mechanicsburg (Girl Genius, #12)
  • Darkness Series Boxed Set (Darkness, #1-4)
  • The Power to Please Collection
  • This Witch for Hire (The Hollows, #1-2)
  • Cry For Passion (The Men and Women's Club, #3)
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Dangerous Favor (Poitevin Hearts, #3)
  • Heart's Journey
  • Zauran (Pravus, #3)
  • Jim Butcher Box Set #2 (Dresden Files, #4-6)
  • The Time Roads
  • The Dreamer, Volume 2
  • Faith and Dreams
  • The Shoppe of Spells
  • The Devious Dr. Jekyll (Electric Empire, #2)
  • Mythe & Magick (Mythe, #1)
  • Twist Me: The Complete Trilogy (Twist Me #1-3)
Gail Carriger writes steampunk comedies of manners mixed with paranormal romance. Her books include the Parasol Protectorate, Custard Protocol, Supernatural Society, and Delightfully Deadly series for adults, and the Finishing School series for young adults. She is published in many languages and has over a dozen NYT bestsellers via seven different lists. She was once an archaeologist and is overl ...more
More about Gail Carriger...

Parasol Protectorate (5 books)
  • Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
  • Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)
  • Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3)
  • Heartless (Parasol Protectorate, #4)
  • Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5)