Start by marking “Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts, #1)

Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  1,677 ratings  ·  126 reviews
Promises made...secrets kept...

Published February 8th 2012 by Lisa Mondello (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Her Heart for the Asking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Heart for the Asking

Seana Pierce
I'm about two thirds of the way through, and the thing that sticks with me the most is that the author has great potential..IF she found a competent editor!

There's random words thrown in sentences throughout the book, misspellings, grammar mistakes, etc. It's a great story, and she's very good at describing scenes to make you feel as though you are there. That is all thrown off by the appearance of errors just when you're really getting into it.

I haven't looked at the other reviews, I hope a lo
Char (1RadReader59)
Mandy was madly in love a branco rider & cowboy Beau at sixteen. They had met at her uncle & aunt's ranch that she went to every summer from the age of 7. She went with Beau to a few of his rodeo gigs & love it. Mainly she just loved being with him since she loved him with all of her sixteen year old heart. Beau was 4 years older & branco riding was in his blood like it had been in Mandy's uncle's who trained Beau. So, all that summer of her sixteenth year she talked to him about ...more
Breelynne
No suspense... No 'build up' to anything... No steam... You do get a HEA, but pretty blah, in my opinion. I like this author but lately I'm becoming bored with her books. :(
Samantha S
THIS BOOK THOUGH. Okay I don't usually read stuff like this but I'm so glad I did I fangirled SO HARD over Beau and Mandy. Like, I started shipping half way through when I realized that he still loved her and yeah what he did to her was so cruel and heartless eight years ago but then he explained it and it all made sense it wasn't okay but it made sense and I loved it VERY MUCH. and I don't want to give away the plot but MY GOSH THE FATHER BRO. okay Now i shall write my school review:

Okay, So th
Krystal
3.5 stars ! Totally enjoyed this.. Laughed and cried as well ! Just over 200 pages .. It gives you everything you need without getting entirely too deep. Love me some cowboys ! There wasn't a sex scene though... Just so you all know ! Lol ... But I still liked it a lot.
Inky
This is a lovely little story that kept me reading. I liked the setting and the characters.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with what has already been spoken here in feedback. This story is in need of an editor. Either that or it has been over-edited and over-read so that parts that needed cutting were over-looked. What booboo stood out the most is the bakers dozen times that asphalt/tar/pavement was mentioned, just in the first couple paragraphs. Wow! Enough.

If a little more time was put in to
Nancy Steinle gummel
Her Heart for the Asking by Lisa Mondello is a western romance. I love western romance books and this one was no exception. It is beautifully written and the characters are very believable. They're drawn out very well. In this story Mandy Promise Morgan and Beau Gentry used to be an item, 8 years ago, when Mandy was 16. But Beau chose the rodeo circuit over her. He broke her heart and she's still hurting. Mandy almost dies when he meets her plane at the airport. Beau could have won everything th ...more
Josephine Barly
I bought this as a bundle (all three Texas Hearts stories). Sometimes they were too sweet. I don't know if that makes any sense, but if it's your cup of tea, go for it.

I couldn't imagine the characters, didn't see them fully and couldn't understand why they would act in certain ways. I understand that either plot moves the characters, or characters move the plot, and in this case (which I found to be the former), it became a bit of a drag. I don't know, I guess I was expecting something difficul
Cathy
This is a good, clean romance about Mandy and Beau, who had fallen in love and separated when they were quite young. When Mandy travels to Texas to visit her uncle for the first time in eight years, she is shocked to come face to face with Beau, the young bronc rider who broke her heart and left her for the rodeo. As she struggles to convince her uncle to seek medical help, she also fights to match to image of the selfish love-um-and leave-um cowboy with the seemingly humble and sincere Beau. To ...more
Tammy
What a wonderful cowboy romance, I am so digging all the cowboy books I keep finding for free.
Mandy fell in love with Beau when she was 16, he broke her heart and left for the rodeo circuit. She hasn't been back to her uncle's ranch since then. Her mom insists she go back to see her Uncle to find Beau is back as well 8 years later.
Beau has enjoyed his rodeo days and hopes to make the World Championship this year, but hasn't given his heart to another.
Mandy's Uncle's health brings the two back to
Nichole Lupardus
I really liked this book but there are a few things missing for me. First it's just a lot more chaste that what I usually read there are a few kisses but that's it. When they got caught in the storm I was thinking this is it they are gonna be stuck and sparks will fly and I was very disappointed when it didn't happen. There's just nothing in here to convince me they are really in love it feels like a lot is missing, they just don't spend that much time together everything that happens just comes ...more
Leilani
This was a good storyline I liked how it was in a Texas ranch feel, with the main female lead returning to a long try to be forgotten part of her past to help her relative with a life altering decision. She was a strong female, able to stand for herself through a heart breaking past love. The male lead was very quiet didn't get much of a feel for his affections for the female lead till the very end of the short story. The supporting characters were short and sweet but strong and wise when given ...more
Judy
Her Heart for the Asking by Lisa Mondello
Texas Hearts Book 1
Beau Gentry had broken Mandy Morgan's heart when she was sixteen and then she watched as he left her to go to the rodeo, the dream he loved...not her. Eight years later she is returning to Texas because her mom told her to visit Uncle Hank. She use to come every year until Beau. Then Texas only held her broken heart and she couldn't face it. She has made a life for herself in Philadelphia working to try and please her father at his Adve
Angie
Synopsis: "Promises made...secrets kept...

Mandy Morgan swore she’d never step foot in Texas again after Beau Gentry left her for life on the rodeo circuit eight years before. He once promised he'd love her forever. But he'd abandoned their love for the rodeo and she hadn't seen him since. Now she's back in Texas. Her uncle’s heart is failing and Mandy has to convince him that surgery will save his life. She never dreamed the first thing she’d see when she stepped off the plane would be her bigg
Amanda
This is another free read from amazon. I didn't care for this book, and perhaps, part of that is me. The main female character's name is Mandy. As you'll note, I go by Amanda, but was formerly nick named Mandy (yes, after the Barry Manilow song). Since I don't like going by my former nick name, I wasn't too hot-to-trot about the character to begin with. I don't know where to begin with this review. The elements are there--long lost love, family secrets, and a vendetta by a character we never eve ...more
Tana
Her Heart for the Asking by Lisa Mondello
Texas Hearts Book 1

This is the first book I’ve read written by Lisa Mondello and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed her writing, it is easy to read, character development was well written and the history and romance between Beau and Mandy was exciting.

Mandy is on her way to Texas to visit her Uncle Hank who is sick, hoping Mandy can convince him to have heart surgery. Mandy left Texas 8 years ago and has never returned after the man she loved choose the r
Niina
I was excited to read this as I the contemporary western/cowboy romance genre! The blurb drew me in right away I loved the set up of Mandy and Beau having had a summer romance that ended badly and them seeing each other again, neither 100% willing to give in to their still simmering feelings. What I didn't except was that this story was sad, Mandy had a lot of bent up anger and hurt feelings, which with the heart failure waiting to happen with her uncle made her very somber. And there is absolut ...more
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
I love reading Lisa's books, they are so touching and inspire you to go find your own cowboy. The writing is crisp and clean and makes the characters seem almost approachable.
In this installment in the series Mandy and Beau are lost loves. They broke up 8 years ago because Beau left to be a rodeo star. Mandy feels that Beau left her behind but he feels that she never asked him to stay. Mandy and Beau explore a friendship that later leads to much more. It takes a lot of love and hope to fix the
Rubysbooks
One of my favorite themes in romance has to be the one about second chances. There's just something about them, ya know? This is probably the reason why I enjoyed reading about Mandy and Beau so much.

If you love cowboys, you'll definitely love Beau. He's sexy, wild, passionate about what he likes and loves. And I could really see he truly loved Mandy, enough to sacrifice himself to keep her safe. That's one of the reasons I liked him. The other one is that he is a man of his word. He made some p
Christi Snow
My Review:

Mandy and Beau have a history that ended poorly eight years ago. She hasn't been back to her beloved Uncle's ranch ever since because she didn't want to risk running into Beau. When her mother finally convinces her that her Uncle needs her to visit, it's Beau who picks her up at the airport. Her worst nightmare...having to spend several hours alone with him. Her heart isn't up to that kind of stress because there's no doubt, this guy broke her heart.

But this visit brings out several re
Jo-Anne
Her Heart For The Asking starts with Mandy Morgan going to visit her uncle in Texas where she has not visited in 8 years. She flies from her home in Philadelphia and is met by Beau Gentry. He is the reason Mandy has not returned to Texas because he left her broken-hearted 8 years earlier, when he left to go on the rodeo circuit. As soon as Mandy sees Beau, she wants to leave but also feels the same emotions for him as she did when she was 16.

I love the characters in this novel. Beau is such a st
Z. Elizabeth
Mandy Morgan hasn’t been back to Texas in eight years, not after Beau Gentry broke her heart, but now she’s back visiting for a while from Philadelphia as her Uncle Hank needs a heart operation and he’s refusing. It’s up to her to convince him.

The reason why she hasn’t been back to his ranch is down to the boy her broke her heart at 16. She never really got over him, and feelings come flooding back with he’s the one who picks her up from the airport.

As much as she loves him, she hates him for th
Beverly
My thoughts:
Before I talk about this book, I wanted to share something about myself as a reader. I LIVE for great characters. I can read just about anything as long as there are great characters that I can both invest and believe in. With that said, if you love great characters then Lisa Mondello is an author for you. She has created characters that stroll off the pages and into your heart.
Lisa has built a world for her characters that is authentic and realistic. This is a love story, the gen
Racheal
I have read other books by Lisa Mondello and have liked them, so it did not surprise me that I really enjoyed reading Her Heart for the Asking. I loved the relationship between Mandy & Beau. Even though circumstances and hurtful secrets made these two go separate ways 8 years ago, it is obvious that they never stopped loving each other.
What made this such a great story to read is that the characters and the situation were so very "real" that the reader could sympathize with what was happenin
Shirley
Yep, another Western. What can I say, the story line caught my interest and even though contemporary romance isn’t my favorite genre I decided to broaden my horizons just a little. After all, everyone should treat themselves to a sweet romance from time to time, right?

As sweet romances go, Her Heart for the Asking delivered. Mandy was a likable female lead character and Beau was everything a hard working cowboy should be. There were secrets, a not too rushed romance – even though the Mandy and B
Kai
I enjoyed this book but found I could not give it more stars. I liked the story and the characters. I found myself wanting to find out what will happen next and then it ends. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I could have read what happens with the familys, the ranch and Mandys job. I like the story but I found the ending to be a bit of a disappointment.
All Night Books
Her heart for the Asking by Lisa Mondello, it's the first in her Texas hearts series. It's a true long lost love and developing unknown family connections. It's a truly special story that will pull you in and have you routing for the couple. It's a nice quick read. Hoping rest of the series is this good.
Tina

2.5 stars. In a few words…

The Good: Short, sweet, pace

The Bad: Characters (couldn't connect with any of them), repetitive, no tension, editing.

This wasn't an awful story, but it just didn't work for me. With all of the typos, I was constantly being pulled out of the book. It was hard enough to get into it with the cardboard characters that were about as endearing as a piece of lint to begin with. Personally, everything fell flat for me.

Also, the books I read don't always have to have sex in them
Niki
This is one of the books I picked up in my haul of romantic fictions on sale. The story was fast, easy and fun like I like them. As usual very predictable. The one thing I didn't like about the book was it seemed like the end of the booked was rushed and all of a sudden over.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Heartache

wow growing up is tough.Finding out what you thought you knew isn't the truth.then finding everything out and getting what you always wanted makes it even better.great story.I will read it again.
  • Hanchart Land
  • Texas Secrets (The Gallaghers of Morning Star, #1) (Texas Heroes, #1)
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • The Rancher (Redbourne, #1)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • The Lawman (Willow Creek #1)
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • Capturing the Cowboy's Heart
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Sweet and Wild
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Ride the Rainbow Home (Avalon Career Romance)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • The Doctor Wears A Stetson (The Diamondback Ranch Series, #1)
  • Texas Outlaw
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR, Lisa Mondello, has held many jobs in her life but
being a published authors is the last job she'll ever have. She's not retiring!
She blames the creation of the personal computer for her leap into writing
novels. Otherwise, she'd still be penning stories with paper and pen. Her first
book, All I Want for Christmas is You won Best First Book in the Golden Quill.
Her bo
More about Lisa Mondello...
All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1) Nothing But Trouble Her Dakota Man (Dakota Hearts #1) The Knight and Maggie's Baby (Fate with a Helping Hand, #3) His Heart for the Trusting (Texas Hearts, #2)

“Hank Promise's niece.  But he'd talk to Mandy” 0 likes