Start by marking “How Not to Start Third Grade” as Want to Read:
How Not to Start Third Grade

How Not to Start Third Grade

Will should be excited to start third grade. But his little brother, Steve, is starting kindergarten. The same laugh-out-loud writing and hilarious illustrations that brought us How Not to Babysit Your Brother now portray the tribulations and embarrassments of starting school with a very troublesome little brother. School will never be the same!Cathy Hapka and Ellen Titleb ...more
Published July 10th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about How Not to Start Third Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Not to Start Third Grade

Sophie
Oct 18, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
I thought that the book was funny! I thought Steve was a troublemaker. I liked it when the kindergarten classes where banging on the glass. I felt sorry for Will at the end of the book. Overall I liked this book.
Autumn
Jul 03, 2016 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We picked this book up from our local library.
K and I both found this book to be so funny especially since K's little sister will be starting Pre-K and he is going into fourth. Will's little brother Steve is going to school and that means both will be in the same school. Will is not looking forward to it especially when his little brother does things that are crazy (like letting the mice out), among other things. This is a step four into reading so there a
Sheri
Jul 12, 2009 Sheri rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Shauna Leggat
Recommended to Sheri by: librarian
This is an easy reader for paragraph reading for children to read themselves by Random House. I was looking for some books for the start of third grade to read with or to my students but this is more of a read to themselves book. Starts out with a problem and has the magic of three events or problems to overcome but the solution is not brought about by the main character. Does help me see how to set up a children's book from start to finish. Print is large and every other page amount of pictures ...more
Megan
Apr 24, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
This book is about a brother who has his younger brother start school and the embarrassment the little brother causes the big brother. This is a good book to read to second or third graders because in my placement almost of them have siblings so they could relate to.
Meghan Drummond
Aug 31, 2015 Meghan Drummond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

We liked this book because of the dog Buster and how he started the food fight. We recommend this book to kids who have little brothers or sisters and starting third grade. We also recommend this book for any principals. It will make them laugh.
Bianca Altamirano
Aug 18, 2016 Bianca Altamirano rated it it was ok
i read this first in second grade, and it was pretty amusing then. Over the years, it gets a bit more boring, but that's probably because it's meant for younger kids. Just in case you didn't get it, i recommend this beginner's chapter book for the younger age group.
Ophelia
Ophelia rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Julie Gallagher
Julie Gallagher rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Angela lee
Angela lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Marie M
Marie M rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Nycole
Nycole rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Mandy Pratt
Mandy Pratt rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2016
Neal Wrightson
Neal Wrightson rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Paula Kindelspire
Paula Kindelspire rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Adela G. Crum
Adela G. Crum rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
nicole bacchiano
nicole bacchiano rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2016
Wan Bing Kwik
Wan Bing Kwik rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2016
Karen Cushing
Karen Cushing rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Leanne Bobo
Leanne Bobo rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Will
Will rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2010
adefolake ojemuyiwa
adefolake ojemuyiwa rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Samantha Baker
Samantha Baker rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Cheryl Foster
Cheryl Foster rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Traci McDowell
Traci McDowell rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Catherine (Cathy) Hapka has written more than one hundred books for children and adults, as a ghostwriter for series as well as original titles, including the Romantic Comedies Something Borrowed, The Twelve Date of Christmas, and Love on Cue. She lives in Pennsylvania.
More about Catherine Hapka...