Start by marking “How Not to Start Third Grade” as Want to Read:
How Not to Start Third Grade

How Not to Start Third Grade

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Will should be excited to start third grade. But his little brother, Steve, is starting kindergarten. The same laugh-out-loud writing and hilarious illustrations that brought us How Not to Babysit Your Brother now portray the tribulations and embarrassments of starting school with a very troublesome little brother. School will never be the same!Cathy Hapka and Ellen Titleb ...more
Published July 10th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about How Not to Start Third Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Not to Start Third Grade

Brett
My 5 year old reader gave this book a 98% and would like more in the series is there was one.
Erin Whittenberger
Such a cute book! My daughter was bummed when it was over
Sheri
Jul 12, 2009 Sheri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shauna Leggat
Recommended to Sheri by: librarian
This is an easy reader for paragraph reading for children to read themselves by Random House. I was looking for some books for the start of third grade to read with or to my students but this is more of a read to themselves book. Starts out with a problem and has the magic of three events or problems to overcome but the solution is not brought about by the main character. Does help me see how to set up a children's book from start to finish. Print is large and every other page amount of pictures ...more
Bianca Altamirano
i read this first in second grade, and it was pretty amusing then. Over the years, it gets a bit more boring, but that's probably because it's meant for younger kids. Just in case you didn't get it, i recommend this beginner's chapter book for the younger age group.
Megan
This book is about a brother who has his younger brother start school and the embarrassment the little brother causes the big brother. This is a good book to read to second or third graders because in my placement almost of them have siblings so they could relate to.
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Leny Mazariegos
Leny Mazariegos is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Yvette Ruiz
Yvette Ruiz marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Crissy
Crissy marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Olga Montoya
Olga Montoya marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Anne Moore
Anne Moore marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Trey Veazey
Trey Veazey marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Ashanti
Ashanti marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Gunsu Temirer
Gunsu Temirer marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Catherine (Cathy) Hapka has written more than one hundred books for children and adults, as a ghostwriter for series as well as original titles, including the Romantic Comedies Something Borrowed, The Twelve Date of Christmas, and Love on Cue. She lives in Pennsylvania.
More about Catherine Hapka...
Something Borrowed Love on Cue At First Sight Pardon My French The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)