Start by marking “Love & Sk8” as Want to Read:
Love & Sk8

Love & Sk8

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  197 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Angie can't wait to bounce this mill town she's been living in. At least she's got her friends, the guys who live to ride and grind. And her job painting custom boards at Sk8 4Ever.Then one day Carter walks into the shop. He's all Abercrombie, and she's black hoodies. But it's hot in therre.

Carter offers to help Angie with her dream: to take her art to NYC. She really beli
Published August 3rd 2004 by Simon Pulse (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Love & Sk8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love & Sk8

Violeta
Jan 18, 2015 Violeta rated it really liked it
This takes me back to high school. It makes me laugh because when I read the review for this book, I could not believe i was into this kind of books (still am though) This book was so cheasy, and funny that even though it was clique was well, it hooks the reader.

I love the fact that the main character designed her own boards (I love drawing so i could relate).
And it's one of those books that compares one group of people to the other one. In this case skaters and rich people.

What I don't like
Brittany
Apr 22, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Tanner
Jan 20, 2011 Tanner rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
I loved the idea of the book. The description really pulled me in and I thought I would love it. It started out okay, but just went downhill from there. Something about Angie and Carter annoyed me and I could not wait for the book to end just so I could cross it off my list. Overall, it was an okay read, but I doubt I'll be recommending this to any of my friends. :/
Kayla
Jan 27, 2012 Kayla rated it it was ok
Love & Sk8 was another book I read in high school and enjoyed it but looking back at it now, it's not the best. It's clearly a book for younger YA readers, while more experienced readers will find issues with it. The book does have it's weak points, especially the description doesn't do much to draw me in now. But it is a quick and easy read.
Mirela
Dec 28, 2009 Mirela rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting at all, I loved the ending. It was really wrapped up nicely. I dont know what about the book set me off, but it was just to similar to some of her other books and I guess if you read too many books of a similar style that everything becomes predictable.
Hpitcher
Jul 27, 2011 Hpitcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was great! i loved the whole sk8r chick meets preppie story. but everything was everywhere in this you didn't know what would happen next.but all in all it was awesome.
Rachel
Sep 20, 2008 Rachel rated it did not like it
This book was okay. It wasn't really the best book i've ever read, not by a long shot. I liked the general story, but I didn't like the way parts of it was written.
Ela Kaimo
Aug 05, 2011 Ela Kaimo rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
It's nothing exceptional, but if you're looking for a good way to pass the time (and a little sk8er-versus-preppie conflict cliche), Love & Sk8 is it.
Hilary
Jun 27, 2009 Hilary rated it liked it
Was a sweet story of two kids from the opposite sides of the train tracks falling in love. I like the fact that is was sort of the story of her child.
Haley Osborn
I story that reminds me of romeo and juliet. boy from the right side of the track and girl from the wrong side. a great teen read.
Keiana
Sep 30, 2008 Keiana rated it it was amazing
OMG! this book is awsome!!! besides the Twilight Series this is one of the best books. I love it!! I wish it was a series.
Tomiko Mosby
Jul 22, 2011 Tomiko Mosby rated it it was amazing
Vege
Feb 20, 2009 Vege rated it liked it
eh, I returned it. Was not really my kind of story. Maybe someday Ill finish it.
Maia
Mar 20, 2008 Maia rated it did not like it
Probably the worst book EVER. No joke.
Muhammad Ahsan
Muhammad Ahsan rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Micki
Micki added it
Jun 17, 2016
Selase Buatsi
Selase Buatsi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Jose Mares
Jose Mares marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Courtney Mulkey
Courtney Mulkey rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Shontelle Taylor
Shontelle Taylor marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Katie Bodden
Katie Bodden marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Kat. whaley
Kat. whaley rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Sarah added it
Feb 22, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Dylan McLachlan
Dylan McLachlan marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude and Other Commandments I Have Broken
  • Mr. Cookie Baker
  • Spanish Holiday: Or, How I Transformed the Worst Vacation Ever into the Best Summer of My Life
  • Perfect Strangers (Love Letters, #1)
  • Sometimes It's Fate (Canada's Finest, #1)
  • Maine Squeeze: Maine Squeeze / Banana Splitsville
  • What If . . . All the Boys Wanted You
  • Totally Crushed (Lizzie McGuire, #2)
  • Diary of an Anorexic Girl
  • Winning in a Landslide (Change #1.5)
  • Comedy Girl
  • Miss Match
  • Unforsaken (Banished, #2)
  • Letting Go of Lisa
  • VGL Male Seeks Same (M4M, #1)
  • Killer Cruise
  • Positively
  • Sk8er Boy (First Kiss Club #1)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...