Well-Suited Sentry - A Short Story

Well-Suited Sentry - A Short Story

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
...The prison rose out of the cornfields, a concrete and steel monstrosity about as likely in this serene setting as an elephant in an igloo. The sentry couldn't help but smile at the thought. With no one else to amuse him, to distract him, to help push his days contentedly forward, he often amused himself in such ways.
...'I've done my work too well,' he thought. 'Opportun...more
Kindle Edition
Published February 8th 2012 by Evolved Publishing

T.
This got a middle of the road rating because it didn't draw me in and I found it too vague, I struggled to make sense of what was going on… and after struggling thru most of the book, I just wanted to be done with it, as I had no vested interest in who dun it, or why. Yep, pretty sure I figured it out, but my lasting feeling was, so what? Also, I had just read Paradox by this author, that I found so startlingly great (5-stars), that by comparison (sorry can't help it, its the whole back to back...more
Marilyn
I have never read any if Lane Diamond's work, so I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I had an idea on where the storyline was going to take me in, I just wasn't sure how. I will at some point read more books or short stories by this author, but not just now. I shudder to think about how the Sentry in this book assured that prisoners were kept at bay. This storyline did kind of have an Albert Hitchcock feel to it. If I say anymore, I will be spoiling this book for those yet to read it.
Sparethebs
Sparethebs marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Angela Crawford
Angela Crawford marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Penelope Bartotto
Penelope Bartotto marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Traveler One
Traveler One marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Anna Rebecca
Anna Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Emlyn Chand
Emlyn Chand marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Kimberly Kinrade
Kimberly Kinrade marked it as to-read
May 17, 2012
Amelia James
Amelia James marked it as to-read
May 17, 2012
T.G.
T.G. marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Lane Diamond
Mar 10, 2012 Lane Diamond added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Forgive Me, Alex Evolution: Vol. 1 (A Short Story Collection) Paradox - A Short Story Devane's Reality - A Short Story Wind Tunnel - A Short Story