Start by marking “From Santa to Sexting: Helping Your Child Safely Navigate Middle School and Shape the Choices that Last a Lifetime” as Want to Read:

It's a rough, tough world for middle schoolers. Yet the decisions they face are pivotal, affecting the whole of life. FROM SANTA TO SEXTING discusses the myriad of pressures middle schoolers face and empower parents to guide and protect their children during these important years. Not long ago most kids believed in Santa Claus. Now barely on the cusp of adolescence, they a ...more
Published January 10th 2012 by Leafwood Publishers (first published January 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about From Santa to Sexting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Santa to Sexting

Diana Holquist
Oct 10, 2012 Diana Holquist rated it it was ok
I am so very much not the intended audience for this book. Should I have known from the “Santa” in the title that it was a Christian parenting book? Maybe. But the blurb treated Santa as a metaphor for “innocence,” not religion. Maybe the teeny print over the barcode that says “Christian Living” should have alerted me. But who reads teeny print over barcodes?

From now on, I will.

So, my bad. I won’t criticize Hunter and Blair for the often (often!) repeated advice to pray and the assurance that
Aug 29, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Would highly recommend this book for all parents! Those who have children close to the 'tweens' age and those in the middle of the 'tweens.' An incredible amount of interesting research was done by this author for every subject that she wrote about. There were several statistics that I found both alarming and surprising. A must read!
Amy J
Nov 02, 2014 Amy J rated it liked it
I recieved this through Goodreads First Reads. I chose this because I am a mother of two middle schoolers and am very concerned about this crazy time in their lives.

It was informative. And I don't think too exaggerated because you see examples of kids cruelty on the news almost daily. I particularly appreciated the chapters on technology, something that I personally can not keep up with, and some of the potential dangers there.

While the advise is common sense I think it doesn't hurt to hear it
Jul 23, 2013 April rated it liked it
I really liked the summation about you being the expert on your child. "Once parents establish a heart connection with a child through sacrifice, they can begin to impart faith. Sadly, those who work with children tell us that parents increasingly are ceding the realm of spirituality and faith to professionals: youth directors, teachers, and the church. These people and the institutions they represent are valuable partners, but they are no substitute for you-your time, your love, your example. "
Mar 31, 2012 Chrissy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who need reassurance
Just won this and am super excited. My son just turned 13 and is starting to act different and sometimes I look at him and have no idea what to do because I don't recognize my child at all! I can't wait to read it. And I hope this helps my relationship with my son. Thanks so much!

So I have finished this book, I'm not religious and this book does sort of have religious undertones to it, but that aside, it is still very informative and helpful.
Jul 19, 2013 Carol rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Good information in dealing with all sorts of stuff your kids will be encountering. I personally don't have a middle-schooler yet, but the topic is still pertinent to other age groups.

I won a free copy from a goodreads first reads giveaway. Thank you.
Feb 29, 2012 Joseph marked it as to-read
I am hoping this book is as good as it sounds. Having a child with different needs, dealing with schools and doctors, we need all the help and valid advice we can get!
Jun 14, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
I read this for work. Gives a nice overview of information for the first-time parent of a middle-schooler.
Christa rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Kate rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Cindy Z
Cindy Z rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Mar 06, 2012 Tara marked it as to-read
My 8th goodreads win!:)
Andrew Pate
Andrew Pate rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Linda Greenwood
Linda Greenwood rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Beth rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Amber rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Kara Ervin
Kara Ervin rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Bug rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2015
Feb 22, 2012 SantosGray marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
As a psychology and gender studies professor and also a new parent, this looks right up my alley.
Jenny Garrett
Jenny Garrett rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Kelly rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2013
K. rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013