Start by marking “Italiaans voor beginners” as Want to Read:
Italiaans voor beginners

Italiaans voor beginners

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,119 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
De brochure van het reisbureau belooft een bezoek aan de meest prachtige tuinen rond het Comomeer in Italië. Voor Lucy Gray is dit de kans van haar leven. Ze kan dan haar vader bezoeken die al jaren in die omgeving woont. Ze heeft hem voor het laatst gezien toen ze nog tiener was.
Published August 2011 by De Kern (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Italiaans voor beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Italiaans voor beginners

Carla Hostetter
Feb 18, 2013 Carla Hostetter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very British but very delightful as the reader meets three unlikely couples, a nephew and his stroke-afflicted uncle, Orlando and Lucy who have lived together for nine years strictly as friends, and Helen, third wife of an obnoxious wealthy businessman, Hunter. When Hunter's spoiled daughter, Savannah, shows in in Swanmere and begins to stir the pot of trouble out of sheer boredom, all three couples are brought in contact. Only half the group cares about gardens, but all sign on for a Gardens of ...more
Evelyn
May 23, 2016 Evelyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story, it was pure escapism for me. I liked the eclectic mix of characters and the friendships they formed. As it is spring here and everything is starting to grow, it was timely to read about gardens. I think I would like to go on a trip like this to tour beautiful gardens in a beautiful area of the world. Some (all?) of the romantic relationships depicted were sappy, or unrealistic, or just lame - but that could just be me as this is not my usual genre.
Redfox5
Mar 12, 2016 Redfox5 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't have any high exceptions for this book and the cover is fairly dull but like most chick lit, I ended up loving it.

Lots of characters with tangled storylines, I really liked how the author didn't take the easy way out in the end with one of the love stories. I was expecting predictable and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. Also had me laughing one minute and sobbing the next. I will look out for more books by Erica James.
Helena
Mar 09, 2015 Helena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
3 and a half stars, really. A little too drawn out at some stages to my liking.
Ria
Aug 27, 2014 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whimsical tale of domestic affairs gone wrong.
The story centres on a group of people who all have problems and tensions in their lives which they try to find an outlet for in a local gardening group.
When the group suggests going to a Gardens of delight tour to Lake Como in Italy it means something different to all those involved.
Helen is having difficulties with her unhappy marriage to Hunter and needs time away from her stressful relationship with her stepdaughter Savannah.
Meanwhile lonely wi
Trewen
Apr 14, 2014 Trewen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, chick-lit
Audio

I bypassed this audiobook many times because the synopsis didn't grab me.

Well....

I loved this story. So engaging and smooth with a few unexpected twists.
The reader of the audio version was excellent and I couldn't have read it better.
Philippa
Jun 01, 2010 Philippa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of, if not the first Erica James book I read and have been a fan ever since. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Light, refreshing, escapism, characters so real. I only wish she could write faster as I cannot get enough of these books.
Lyndsey
Jun 22, 2010 Lyndsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Erica James writes and bring things very much to life could not put this book down.

Also I like her because she comes from near where I live in Cheshire.
Angie Swain
Dec 30, 2013 Angie Swain rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a chick lit reader. Same predictable plot - detectable by page 35 which is when I stopped reading
Ingrid Verschelling
Jun 13, 2015 Ingrid Verschelling rated it it was amazing
"Italiaans voor beginners" is de eerste kennismaking voor mij met de schrijfster Erica James. Wat een heerlijke roman! Ten eerste al omdat ze lid zijn van een tuinclub en ze tuinen gaan bekijken in Engeland en Italië. Italië, wat mijn lievelingsland is. En ten tweede om de liefde. Alice had in haar tuindagboeken geschreven: "Wie van tuinieren houdt, houdt ook van de liefde". En zo is dat!
Haar schrijfstijl lijkt veel op die van Meave Binchy (die ze zelfs even noemt) en van haar heb ik al zoveel b
Jul 31, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first few days I wasn't able to read as much as I wanted, because of my exams (I had reached page 80 at the end). But yesterday I finally found the time read and once I was plunged into the story I could not stop. 'Gardens of Delight' is as hauntingly beautiful as 'Summer at the lake' (which is the first Erica James book that I've read and made me buy more, this being the third). Even though it didn't turn up entirely as I had hoped, I still loved it.

The story takes you into the lives of Co
Leonie Byrne
Aug 11, 2014 Leonie Byrne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
This is the first Erica James book I've read but I'm sure it won't be the last. On a par with Jill mansell, Millie Johnson and Katie Fforde it was a nice light read with a happy ending. But what I loved about the ending also was that it wasn't the way you expected it to turn out which can sometimes be a bit dull with chic lit when the ending is so obvious this one had some nice twists and turns :)
Janneke
Mar 06, 2012 Janneke rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ditte
Een leuk boek voor op vakantie. Meerdere hoofdpersonen en veel verwikkelingen rond karakters en relaties. De ontwikkelingen worden steeds in korte stukjes beschreven, zodat je de verhaallijnen rondom Helen en Conrad/Mac en Lucy en Orlando/Alessio goed kunt volgen. Helen, Mac en Orlando zijn lid van de plaatselijk tuinclub die een reis naar het Comomeer in Italië organiseert. Lucy gaat op aandringen van Orlando ook mee, omdat ze dan ook de kans heeft om haar vader te ontmoeten. Hij is gescheiden ...more
Di
Sep 02, 2014 Di rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book, the characters were believable and Erica's style of writing is very easy to get into. Each character had their own part to play in this novel that featured lovely village life in Norfolk and then the gorgeous Italian surroundings of Lake Como.
This was an easy read chick lit book and I would definitely read this authors books again.
Paula
Apr 26, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this just as much as all the Erica James books I have read. Far more than chick lit, this like the other books have a stronger story line and more underlying issues. I enjoyed this as a holiday read Nd plan to see if there are any books by this author that I haven't yet read.
Shelby
Jun 14, 2015 Shelby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it (3 stars), but I didn't love it (4 stars), and I'm not sure if I would recommend it (5 stars). It was long. 14 discs for chick lit is long! But it was a little more sophisticated than chick lit. The narrator did a great job with all the voices. It had a lot of internal dialog that really dragged on. I got a lot more interested when they finally got to Italy. Made me want to go on a Garden of Delights tour!
Sharon
Apr 11, 2016 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Gardens of Earthly Delight by Erica James, reading it through quickly. It is a "chick-lit" book with a story of many loves, losses, illnesses, meetings of long-lost relatives, and intertwined families and groups of friends. The plot line and characters kept me interested.
Theresa
May 10, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.Some good twists and turns and loved following the different characters paths. In the main it kept me obsorbed although at times I skipped some pages of uneccessary writing.
Kelly
Sep 23, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read any books by Erica James and was passed this by my mum. I thought I would find the three entwined stories confusing but it was completely the opposite with all three working really well together.

I thought the characters were all really well thought out and and I enjoyed their journeys to the end. They vary from the lovely old gentleman Mac who has a wicked sense of humour to the spoilt rich daddy's girl used to getting her own way, with everything else in between!

You get to read
Les
Nov 02, 2014 Les rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected more italian descriptions. This was a stereotypical romance where all the characters used "never" and "always" way too much. Ended up that everyone was way too happy and tidy for me.
Bev Taylor
Oct 04, 2014 Bev Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
tuck yourself in for a rolling ride!

full of wonderful characters - a blend of emotion and wry social observation

have lucy and orlando r they or r they not a couple? also lucy has written off her father who left them when she was a teen

max and conrad, the former the uncle who is is now staying with his nephew. both with secrets hidden in the past

helen who is married to hunter (3rd wife) who is an egotistical mega millionaire with a scheming bitch of a daughter, savannah, who thinks the world
Alta Cloete
A very slow book, with lots of telling and too little showing for my liking. Some good stuff, but it could have been shorter with no loss. Liked some of the characters, though.
Angie
Feb 11, 2015 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. I kept hoping that the plot would get more interesting, likewise the characters - but no. The book was full of stereotypes and clichés which made me wince in places, and the characters were not developed in any way. They remained remote and I couldn't experience any degree of emotional connection with them in relation to the difficult and problematic situations that arose. I gave it 2 stars rather than 1 as for some strange reason I wanted to see what happened expecting there to be an unusu ...more
Sean Westrupp
Typical chick flick book which I really like. The usual girl meets boy, who happens to live with her, an unhappy woman married to a rather rich guy, a divorced man living with his "uncle" who all, mostly, have a passion for gardening.

The characters are all wonderfully linked together and their personal stories mix well with the main character, Lucy. Things come to a head and the truths come out when they head off to Italy for a gardening tour, where Lucy meets her estranged father and her step-
Sue
Nov 11, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read from Erica James, characters I loved, a couple I did not and a good storyline. Kept me entertained to the last page, I really enjoyed it.
JenniferB
Jun 26, 2016 JenniferB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written of its type, very readable with good characters and story. Cliched in parts
Samantha Bee
Jan 19, 2016 Samantha Bee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Erica James book. I loved it and couldn't put it down.
Anna Bardsley
Jul 10, 2015 Anna Bardsley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
While I wanted to know what happened to the characters, the narrator annoyed me so much I stopped reading.
Jennie Dale
Lovely story in the typical errica James style.
Janine
Jan 02, 2016 Janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable, light entertaining read.
  • Lessons in Heartbreak
  • Life Skills
  • Talk of the Village (Tales from Turnham Malpas #2)
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton
  • A Bad Bride's Tale
  • The Love Trainer
  • Naked Truths
  • A Summer Fling
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Footprints in the Sand
  • The Three Day Rule
  • Warnings Of Gales
  • My Beloved Son
  • The Forget Me Not Sonata
With an insatiable appetite for other people's business, Erica James will readily strike up conversation with strangers in the hope of unearthing a useful gem for her writing. She finds it the best way to write authentic characters for her novels, although her two grown-up sons claim they will never recover from a childhood spent in a perpetual state of embarrassment at their mother's compulsion.

T
More about Erica James...