Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Volume 10: Ciò che diventiamo” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Volume 10: Ciò che diventiamo

The Walking Dead, Volume 10: Ciò che diventiamo (The Walking Dead #55-60)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10,998 ratings  ·  359 reviews
Out on their own, danger lurking around every corner, our ragged band of survivors tries to live long enough to reach Washington D.C. This title collects "The Walking Dead" numbers 55-60.
Paperback, Collana Z, 144 pages
Published October 28th 2011 by SaldaPress (first published August 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Volume 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Volume 10

Sam Quixote
Ah well, it had to happen – after the excitement of the Governor storyline and the new direction of the series in the last book, Volume 10 of The Walking Dead sees the plot slowing down, almost as if they’re taking stock of everything that’s happened, and it’s a bit of a snoozer. It also weirdly feels like a throwback volume to the kind we got pre-Governor, ie. the bad old days.

Rick and the handful of survivors from the original group, including his son Carl, have joined some new characters led
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Add to the pile of disturbing imagery and plot lines "attempted child rape" and "death by drill bits". Abraham is, by far, the most likeable character (though, please, that Sally Sob Story is just over-the-top); Rick a raging hypocrite. I feel like points of this were pointless, such as the trek for weapons (but they lost the truck) and an annoying character's attempted suicide (but don't worry, it only takes 2.5 seconds of offscreen thinking to make things ALL BETTER).

Still mildly
Kaisersoze
Decent continuation of the series that spends time building some of the support characters - Abraham especially - at the expense of further action scenes. The first look at a large horde and the reintroduction of an old familiar face all worked well, but it was the apparent death of a long-time early in this volume and then the events that transpired in the last issue that really surprised (though the former issue was somewhat lame in how it was eventually handled).

In short, as reliable as the a
Alondra
3.5 Stars

More information/background of some of our characters. Rick trying to come to terms with who he is becoming. Abraham facing who he was and who he is now... what he is becoming. Michonne not really "dealing", at all. Maggie is NOT dealing at all; which is a huge departure from the tv series. Basically, everyone trying to survive; it's like a lull in the action or maybe another calm before an even bigger storm.

We do get to encounter a "herd"... just great.

Ready for Book 10!
Mike
Abraham is a far more interesting character than pretty much everyone else combined. Next to him, Rick looks almost like a caricature.

These later volumes, there's more and more moments that happen off-camera than there used to be. I still can't believe how unnaturally flat some of the dialogue is, but I swear Kirkman's actually learning something about plotting.

Interesting philosophical considerations that reflect back on what has transpired for some of the characters. Could've been handled bett
Craig
After really being drawn into the series in the last few volumes, this one took me right back to "Ehhh, it's o.k." world. Nothing out of the ordinary happens in this volume and nothing is presented in a way that really rises above. The plot in this one is thin - presumably giving us some time for character development. The problem is, the character development in this one seems rather dull and unrealistic. There is one particularly good sequence, but even that is played too heavily. Melodrama, r ...more
Melissa
Nanu
Hace mucho que no leía TWD y este volumen me costó, porque ya no me acordaba de quiénes estaban vivos en los cómics y quiénes en la serie.
En fin, sacando de lado eso, me gustó que Rick volviera a ser él *team Rick forever*, pero fueron números durísimos.
Fredrik Strömberg
Whoa! Another roller-coaster of a ride. The Walking Dead is a disturbing read, but it has slowly grown to become one of my favourite modern day comics. A few years ago, I wouldn't have thought that a zombie comic could be on the top of my to read list, as I mostly enjoy slower stories, based in the real world, but there you have it. Nowadays, I throw self at every new volume tom the Swedish publisher Apart, as I did with this volume, which is hot of the printers.

Robert Kirkman writes scripts li
Yolanda Sfetsos
The tenth volume of The Walking Dead includes issues 55-60. It continues the story of the survivors of the original group, as well as the new trio, as they head for Washington DC.

They're on the road and camping whenever they need to. When Rick suggests they stop by his old town so he can pick up some more ammo from the police station, Abraham goes with him. They also take Carl, and while he's there Rick visits Morgan. Which was really cool but also very sad. I was so horrified to see what had ha
Ashley
Aaaaand I'm already starting to get fatigue again with this series. I mean, these guys just can't catch a break, and the minute you think Kirkman can't pull anything worse or more disgusting or more horrifying out of his sleeve, he does.

What We Become follows Rick and Co. on the first leg of their journey to Washington D.C., as things once again start to fall apart. (view spoiler)
Todd
Christina
I almost cried when Carl was almost...cant bring myself to say the word. Glad to see Morgan survived, though the situation with his son was disturbing.
Andrea
¡Por fin vuelve a aparecer Morgan! Y ese final... cada vez está más interesante, no sé cómo lo hacen.
Katy
So the group is on the road again, the reader is confronted with attempted child rape, a herd of roamers, suicide attempts and the horror of discovering whole families that have killed each other rather then deal with the apocalypse. Morgan is also back, though without his son and understandably with a few screws loose. It's just all so demented.

The kids are also cracking, and Dale is starting to annoy me. Hope he dies soon. I can't wait to find out what happens when they reach Washington. Is Eu
Ryan Moore
Still traveling to DC and Rick decides to take a side trip back to his town and police station to check on Morgan and Duane and stock up on guns and supplies. Abraham comes clean about his family after Rick goes berserk on some road bandits and they share some gruesome stories and Rick shares his realization of the new life and why they're still alive. Dale wants to settle down but when Rick and the side crew come back leading and showing what the scientist means by a herd Dale starts to get irr ...more
C.
Fredrik
Still progressing. Slowly.

Season terbaru serial TV-nya akan mulai tayang dalam waktu dekat...
Maka sekarang waktunya untuk mengejar ketertinggalan! :D

Gak banyak hal penting yg terjadi di volume ini, selain terbawa ke kesimpulan kalau perkembangan karakter Rick di komik ternyata tidak secepat di film.
Ada kejadian menarik terkait hal ini yang sudah terlebih dahulu muncul di filmnya.

Rasanya memang benar dugaan sebelumnya kalau para kreator TWD versi komik ini sangat lambat dalam memasukkan unsur pen
Jessica
Much better. This volume isn’t nearly as “holy crap!” crazy as some of the earlier volumes, but at least it wasn’t as tame as Volume 9, either.

I hadn’t realized that I’d reached the point where I stopped expecting the events that happened in the show to materialize in the book. But, I must have gotten to that point, because I was surprised by something that I’d already seen play out in my living room (view spoiler)
Kaethe
Weirdly, my library doesn't have 10, 11, and 12 in stock. They don't even have them listed. Thankfully, my beloved librarian, Oliver, promptly ILLed them to fill in the odd gap. I can't wait.

***

This one really kind of put me off. The thing is all the surviving humans are taking advantage of whatever they find in the way of supplies, right? With such a large percentage of the population turned into zombies, property crimes are off the table. So how does Kirkman portray the emotional state of the
Aaron
Arriving back at their former home, Rick and Carl are settling back in with friends, though most of them have been left broken by the loss of loved ones when the prison fell. Maggie seems to almost be shattered beyond repair even as she and Glenn have basically adopted Sophia, Carol's daughter. Rick is still haunted by the voice of his wife Lori.

The series takes a major shift of direction with the arrival of another small group of four people. They include of government scientist, who has a the
Brad
This one is my fault. Totes.

I swore off this book after the last trade, finding my interest in the series had completely died off, but was guilted (by myself no less) into checking this one out after crapping on this series to a friend, who doesn't read much and who was very excited about this series and who decided to collect it though he doesn't collect comics.

Well guess what, I'm still not interested. Now I'm guilt free. I still don't like this series.

Suck it, Clay!
Jim C
This volume continues the story of the group trying to survive the zombie apocalypse and now they have taken on new members. They are on the road and heading to Washington but life on the road is not the easiest.

I enjoyed this volume as it dealt with character development and not much zombie slaying. It has been a year since the zombie apocalypse has started and this collection shows how each character has devolved. They know it but realize they have to if they want to survive. There was plenty
Aleric Miracle
this was a realygood graphic novel\comic a bit to gory and detailed for my likings but i got past that with the awesomness this book has to offer I read this book pretty late after release but It was still great and I think it was worth mentioning that these comics are pretty hard to find not rare just maybe comic\specialty shops id suggest buying them when u see them its worth awhile.
Lara
I dunno. I liked this one a little better than the last one, but I'm finding the situations these folks find themselves in more and more unbelievable. It kind of feels like so much of it is just for shock value and not because it actually makes sense or has anything to do with the story as a whole. I'm wondering just how much longer this series is going to go on...
Jordan
Oh, that guy from the beginning is back. The guy with the kid who Rick first meets. Kind of surprised he's still alive. Of course, he's kind of not all there anymore. But uh, welcome to the group. It's kind of a requirement to be crazy these days. Even the kids are crazy. So I'm sure he'll get along just fine.
Desiree
This is another book that just moved the story along. I need something more than this. Maybe what happened? What caused the zombies? I am done hearing about how they can't believe the men they have become. I am done hearing about Rick's bad decisions. Suck it up and move on.
Andy
Hmmm. I had said last time I was taking a break from the series after running out of interest, but they had a whole slew of them at the library and it's been long enough to give it another shot.

Hmmm. It's not that it's bad, more that I've lost patience. In terms of plot, there's very little here aside from lots of bickering, a brief but nasty run in with some hicks and the appearance of a herd, which after the build up was less impressive than I was expecting. There's a reasonable amount of cha
Rick
Another great installment, I still enjoy this series a lot. I have been going back and forth between being farther ahead in the books or the TV show and still enjoy both. Great ending to this volume, I really like how Dale's character is developing recently.
Richie Chagas
description/
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
  • Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step (Y: The Last Man, #3)
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Sweet Tooth, Vol. 3: Animal Armies
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free
  • War and Pieces (Fables, #11)
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 07: The Calm Before
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 09: Here We Remain
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer