Start by marking “Irredeemable #4” as Want to Read:
Irredeemable #4

Irredeemable #4 (Irredeemable #4; issues 13-16)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  858 ratings  ·  33 reviews
NUEVOS JUGADORES ENTRAN EN LA LETAL COMPETICIÓN POR DETENER AL PLUTONIANO.

Los miembros del Paradigma han sido detenidos por el gobierno y encerrados en una cárcel de alta seguridad. Mientras tanto, en el exterior, Cary ha formado una peligrosa alianza con el diabólico cazador Orian para eliminar al Plutoniano . Una dura batalla está a punto de empezar. ¿Podrán los miembros
Published March 2012 by Norma Editorial (Boom! Studios) (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Irredeemable #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irredeemable #4

Erik
Although the premise of this series is an original enough – pushing the concept that not only does power corrupt, but that absolute power corrupts absolutely – my interest started to wane for the very first time with this latest volume. At first I thought it was because of the split narrative structure. But since it worked so brilliantly in the first several volumes, I then realized that it wasn’t that.

What it clear is that Waid has a long-term endgame in mind. But it is taking too long, with s
Arminzerella
Justin
Too much is going on within this series to write critically about it without giving away all the secrets that are exposed in the fourth volume of Mark Waid’s IRREDEEMABLE, so here’s what readers absolutely need to know:

1. The plot thickens in more ways than one here. For those readers who may imagined that IRREDEEMABLE wouldn’t get a lot of mileage out of a story devoted to “Superman Gone Wild” and the hodge-podge of heroes devoted to saving the planet, they’re still mostly right. Just as Waid g
Sam Quixote
This is getting ridiculous - I’ve read four books in this series now and for the life of me can’t find a single thing wrong with it. Most series tend to sag somewhere around Book 4 but this book is brilliant like the previous 3. I cannot fault it, Mark Waid is just doing all the right things in this series.

This book turns the focus on the team-mates of Paradigm, the book opening with brief stories about 3 of them and their backgrounds drawn by different artists. Then the main story resumes with
Tom
The potential good news is the Plutonian's sidekick appears to be OK. The bad news is the sidekick isn't really, since the Plutonian's greatest enemy, Luthor to his Superman, is possessing the body. Volume 4 goes from there, showing the Paradigm's escape from military custody, and backstory for the three characters the reader is told could stop the rampaging former hero. One is a reformed villain, soon to get his own series. One is the former teammate who can conjure ancient ghosts and legends. ...more
Terrence
I've seen other people complain that (and I'll cover this without spoilers of specifics) the story suffers from keeping the story going. Ie, the "Gilligan's Island" syndrome - no matter what, the cast will stay stuck on the island.

Basically, there was an opportunity to stop The Plutonian here, but it failed through the interference of another. (Again, no spoilers.)

You know what? So what? The series is pacing things well enough, it doesn't need to end in less than 20 issues, for goodness sake.

I
Sonic
I used to get Mark Waid and Mark Millar mixed up. They both do write for independents and they both have a flair for the diabolical.
Then I started to think that Waid is a watered down Millar.
(Yeah I know, I'm a jerk, ...)
But now I am certain of it.

As the story continues it seems like it is getting stretched really thin, and the artwork is just embarrassing.

...
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I'm at the point where I have hardly any sympathy for Plutonian. I'm sure that's the point. His nuclear-level, over-the-top temper tantrum has cost the lives of millions of innocents, and his homicidal impulses are unchecked. I mean, get over it. I think many of us have lived through being unpopular and didn't turn into mass murderers. The remaining members of his former team Paradigm are working to stop him. Bette has to face her demons about her massive betrayals of her husband, the other team ...more
Nicholas
Review posted in volume one.
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series

This volume contains Special Issue #1 and the next three issues of Irredeemable. The book starts with the Special which takes us back into the past giving us further background story to reveal three important persons in the coming future. We learn the whole story of "Hornet" the man who was burned with his family by Plutonian at the very beginning of the series, in Vol. 1. There is also a reveal here that will affect the future. We are introduced to a new ch
Scott Thompson
Things are finally starting to come to a head in this Volume. Villains who were set up in previous volumes start to reveal how dangerous they truly are (instead of being pawns who never stood a chance against Plutonian) and The Paradigm finally confronts the Plutonian in an effort to kill him.

Waid has done an excellent job of throwing in a little anarchy and making us second guess everything. When the series started out, it was The Paradigm, who stood little to no chance, united against the Plut
J.E. Remy
Finally the histories of the characters are being taken on. And the feeling that this group is little more than JLA with a twist? Well, I have to say I'm glad to see it finally moving past the pastiche.

The biggest complaint I've had about Irredeemable was the fact that it would have worked better as a DC Elseworlds. With the development of some of the back stories, the comic is finally becoming its own story. I'm fascinated by Kaidan, the one character with a truly original super power and histo
David
A stranger from the internet sent me this book.

At first I was bummed because if I liked it, I would have to spend the money to keep reading it. (This was a time when money was tight).

So the premise is simple.
What if Superman lived in the real world, in which people are pretty regularly assholes? Eventually Superman would get pissed off and start venting his anger and rage on people.

That is this book.

It's not just some crazy revenge fantasy. It's an excellently crafted comic. Every panel, every p
Gavin
Volume 4 keeps up the great pace...
the Paradigm is falling apart, one of them dies, one of them is exposed for a failure, and the team has a chance to defeat Plutonian, but inexplicably, one of the team prevents that from happening...will we find out why?

Honestly these are all going at such a great pace, I can hardly keep them apart, as I usually read back to back volumes.

The Plutonian is obviously angry, but I like that they show how he's been holding all the rage in his whole life and was alwa
Alan
In this installment we get some payoff from the plot threads laid down in volume three. Bette Noir's marriage is on the rocks, but so is her sanity and chances for redemption. Bette wants people to forgive her for not revealing that she had a likely weapon for killing the Plutonian when this all started and she failed to reveal it because to do so would reveal her affair with the Plutonian. We get some Plutonian unnecessary nastiness towards the foster family that raised him, as he again shows w ...more
M
With the heroes jailed and an otherworldy threat making its way across the globe, alliances are forged that could finally bring an end to the reign of the Plutonian. Yet when the final shot is taken, using the literal magic bullet that will bring everything to an end, Qubit makes a gamble that may cost the Paradigm everything. Waid continues to twist heroics into villainy with this series masterfully.
Steve
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, or are they, how far can this maxim be taken, and who do you trust when your entire world has been turned upside down. There is more character development in this issue, and an introduction to characters we have heard about but not seen. The Paradigm escapes government incarceration and looks to confront the Plutonian.
Joe Young
Mark Waid - writer
Peter Krause - artist

5/5 stars

The Paradigm escape from prison and make a deal with the extra-dimensional demon Orian in order to take out the Plutonion. A weapon that can damage the Plutonion is created, and the heroes stage a desperate attack on their former ally. More exciting stuff from Waid and Krause.
Rosa
A lot of this volume revolves around Bette and her feelings of responsibility for Plutonian's actions. We also get a look at those who will be responsible for Plutonian's eventual (hopefully) downfall and their origins. I liked seeing how Max Damage and Jailbait met, it was definitely interesting.
Matt
Collection 4 and I'm still enjoying it. The whole "Look at the horrible things Plutonian has done!" bit is not so much shocking as expected now. But I like Bette Noir and am glad the focus is shifting. Sometimes the others in the Paradigm are overly preachy and it makes them feel a bit flat.
Federiken Masters
Jul 07, 2012 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo
Shelves: supermanianos
La historia sigue manteniendo la calidad de los tomos anteriores, con las mismas virtudes, los mismos defectos, y las habituales vueltitas de tuerca que mantienen interesante la cosa. Eso sí, el dibujo por suerte es bastante mejor que en tomos anteriores. A ver cuándo llega por acá el #4...
Fiore777
If I had seen the lead before his change I wouldn't have even looked twice. But Waid took someone I'd usually ignore and filled him in, making him someone I'd want to know more about. Toss in the rest of the cast with issues of their own and I'm hooked.
Mark
Plot twists continue to fail to paper over the weakness of characterization and the lack of heart. If I wasn't enjoying the companion series Incorruptible I would stop reading this.
Chris
Bonus points for the hint of the endgame on the page introducing this volume. The story continues to grow more complex as more characters are introduced and developed.
Shannon Appelcline
A terrific climax to several volumes worth of stories, every bit as bloody as expected, plus some nice backstory on a variety of characters.
Geoff Sebesta
this book was not as good as scans_daily had lead me to believe. It's much better in excerpts than all at once.
Jesse Athey
Ok. This volume bored the shit out of me. This series has one more volume to pick up or I'm probably out.
Doigy
Rapidly becoming one of my favourite comic books. Roll on Vol 5.
Rachel
I hate when I have to wait to find out what happens next. *Sigh.*
  • Invincible, Compendium 1
  • Rising Stars: Fire and Ash (Rising Stars, #3)
  • Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness (Atomic Robo, #4)
  • Astro City, Vol. 4: The Tarnished Angel
  • The Boys, Volume 5: Herogasm
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...

Irredeemable (6 books)
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 5
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 6
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 7
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 8
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 9
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 10
Kingdom Come Superman: Birthright JLA, Vol. 7: Tower of Babel Daredevil, Volume 1 Irredeemable, Vol. 1