Start by marking “Irredeemable #4” as Want to Read:
Irredeemable #4

Irredeemable #4 (Irredeemable #4; issues 13-16)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  1,212 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
NUEVOS JUGADORES ENTRAN EN LA LETAL COMPETICIÓN POR DETENER AL PLUTONIANO.

Los miembros del Paradigma han sido detenidos por el gobierno y encerrados en una cárcel de alta seguridad. Mientras tanto, en el exterior, Cary ha formado una peligrosa alianza con el diabólico cazador Orian para eliminar al Plutoniano . Una dura batalla está a punto de empezar. ¿Podrán los miembros
Published March 2012 by Norma Editorial (Boom! Studios) (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Irredeemable #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irredeemable #4

Jeff
Jul 10, 2015 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Spoilerish review for those who haven’t read the series.

He didn’t mean that. Honest. What with losing his marbles and killing a gazillion people. Cut the guy some slack.

Unless, of course, you’ve been incinerated, fallen 1000 feet to your death or been ripped limb from limb or had your head torn off and thrown into orbit around Saturn. Then, it’s game over. No more alphabet themed plans.

Aside from trying to get into Bette Noir’s pants, does every hero have some sort of secret agenda? More plan B
Lono
Oct 06, 2015 Lono rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Irredeemable volume 4 includes the Irredeemable Special (which wasn’t really all that special) and then continues on with the core story. The “Special” had some mildly interesting prequel stuff that focuses on Hornet, Kaiden, and Max Damage (of Waid’s other related series Incorruptible). And nope, I haven’t read that one yet. Some spoilery stuff to follow, but I’ll try and keep it to a minimum.

description

The next part of the book picks up with what’s left of the team following their run in with Uncle Sam a
Sam Quixote
Nov 19, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is getting ridiculous - I’ve read four books in this series now and for the life of me can’t find a single thing wrong with it. Most series tend to sag somewhere around Book 4 but this book is brilliant like the previous 3. I cannot fault it, Mark Waid is just doing all the right things in this series.

This book turns the focus on the team-mates of Paradigm, the book opening with brief stories about 3 of them and their backgrounds drawn by different artists. Then the main story resumes with
Erik
Mar 13, 2011 Erik rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although the premise of this series is an original enough – pushing the concept that not only does power corrupt, but that absolute power corrupts absolutely – my interest started to wane for the very first time with this latest volume. At first I thought it was because of the split narrative structure. But since it worked so brilliantly in the first several volumes, I then realized that it wasn’t that.

What it clear is that Waid has a long-term endgame in mind. But it is taking too long, with s
Gavin
Jul 23, 2013 Gavin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Volume 4 keeps up the great pace...
the Paradigm is falling apart, one of them dies, one of them is exposed for a failure, and the team has a chance to defeat Plutonian, but inexplicably, one of the team prevents that from happening...will we find out why?

Honestly these are all going at such a great pace, I can hardly keep them apart, as I usually read back to back volumes.

The Plutonian is obviously angry, but I like that they show how he's been holding all the rage in his whole life and was alwa
James DeSantis
Jun 08, 2016 James DeSantis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume picks up the pacing and a lot of shit happens in a small amount of time.

So we get a lot more background, a lot more history, and I love it. I enjoy watching characters grow, it's my favorite part of reading, so this offered a lot. More into why this Superman like hero became a killer, why certain people didn't tell the world their secrets, and most of all someone finds out who someone else is. I really dug this volume, the action was great, and the twist were fun. Who's the real bad
Jesse A
Ok. This volume bored the shit out of me. This series has one more volume to pick up or I'm probably out.
Justin
Dec 22, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too much is going on within this series to write critically about it without giving away all the secrets that are exposed in the fourth volume of Mark Waid’s IRREDEEMABLE, so here’s what readers absolutely need to know:

1. The plot thickens in more ways than one here. For those readers who may imagined that IRREDEEMABLE wouldn’t get a lot of mileage out of a story devoted to “Superman Gone Wild” and the hodge-podge of heroes devoted to saving the planet, they’re still mostly right. Just as Waid g
Arminzerella
Alan
Nov 29, 2010 Alan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this installment we get some payoff from the plot threads laid down in volume three. Bette Noir's marriage is on the rocks, but so is her sanity and chances for redemption. Bette wants people to forgive her for not revealing that she had a likely weapon for killing the Plutonian when this all started and she failed to reveal it because to do so would reveal her affair with the Plutonian. We get some Plutonian unnecessary nastiness towards the foster family that raised him, as he again shows w ...more
Joe Young
Jul 25, 2012 Joe Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mark Waid - writer
Peter Krause - artist

5/5 stars

The Paradigm escape from prison and make a deal with the extra-dimensional demon Orian in order to take out the Plutonion. A weapon that can damage the Plutonion is created, and the heroes stage a desperate attack on their former ally. More exciting stuff from Waid and Krause.
Andrew
Oct 06, 2015 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I'm sort of touch-and-go with this series. This volume made up for the last one so that momentum will probably carry me on to vol. 5. Still, just seems like this series goes on and on. Not sure I can hang in there for the whole thing. Maybe Incorruptable will help the interest level. You're still my boy, Waid.
Sonic
Jul 01, 2011 Sonic rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I used to get Mark Waid and Mark Millar mixed up. They both do write for independents and they both have a flair for the diabolical.
Then I started to think that Waid is a watered down Millar.
(Yeah I know, I'm a jerk, ...)
But now I am certain of it.

As the story continues it seems like it is getting stretched really thin, and the artwork is just embarrassing.

...
Nicholas
Jul 03, 2014 Nicholas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted in volume one.
Shannon Appelcline
A terrific climax to several volumes worth of stories, every bit as bloody as expected, plus some nice backstory on a variety of characters.
Patrick
Oct 26, 2016 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super good guy becomes super bad guy, on a major scale. Nice artwork. The change effects all his former teammates in a major way.
Miriam
Dec 19, 2015 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic, superheroic
The art was good, as always, and a couple important-for-later plot points were made, but overall it felt kind of slight. Too much rehashing of stuff that happened in earlier volumes.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I'm at the point where I have hardly any sympathy for Plutonian. I'm sure that's the point. His nuclear-level, over-the-top temper tantrum has cost the lives of millions of innocents, and his homicidal impulses are unchecked. I mean, get over it. I think many of us have lived through being unpopular and didn't turn into mass murderers. The remaining members of his former team Paradigm are working to stop him. Bette has to face her demons about her massive betrayals of her husband, the other team ...more
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series

This volume contains Special Issue #1 and the next three issues of Irredeemable. The book starts with the Special which takes us back into the past giving us further background story to reveal three important persons in the coming future. We learn the whole story of "Hornet" the man who was burned with his family by Plutonian at the very beginning of the series, in Vol. 1. There is also a reveal here that will affect the future. We are introduced to a new ch
Tom
Mar 16, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The potential good news is the Plutonian's sidekick appears to be OK. The bad news is the sidekick isn't really, since the Plutonian's greatest enemy, Luthor to his Superman, is possessing the body. Volume 4 goes from there, showing the Paradigm's escape from military custody, and backstory for the three characters the reader is told could stop the rampaging former hero. One is a reformed villain, soon to get his own series. One is the former teammate who can conjure ancient ghosts and legends. ...more
Wing Kee
Interesting arc that loses a bit of momentum.

World: The art is good, it's real and sets the tone wonderfully for this grim dark tale. I wish there was more sense of motion but that's just me. The world building is strong and tied to character building. Waid is good with it, he does not info dump but gives you enough for the characters to have a fully fleshed out world to play in.

Story: The continuation of the Bette story and the conclusion of the Orion one. It was tense when it happened and wa
Terrence
Mar 20, 2014 Terrence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've seen other people complain that (and I'll cover this without spoilers of specifics) the story suffers from keeping the story going. Ie, the "Gilligan's Island" syndrome - no matter what, the cast will stay stuck on the island.

Basically, there was an opportunity to stop The Plutonian here, but it failed through the interference of another. (Again, no spoilers.)

You know what? So what? The series is pacing things well enough, it doesn't need to end in less than 20 issues, for goodness sake.

I
J.E. Remy
Jan 05, 2013 J.E. Remy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Finally the histories of the characters are being taken on. And the feeling that this group is little more than JLA with a twist? Well, I have to say I'm glad to see it finally moving past the pastiche.

The biggest complaint I've had about Irredeemable was the fact that it would have worked better as a DC Elseworlds. With the development of some of the back stories, the comic is finally becoming its own story. I'm fascinated by Kaidan, the one character with a truly original super power and histo
Scott Thompson
Jan 03, 2014 Scott Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things are finally starting to come to a head in this Volume. Villains who were set up in previous volumes start to reveal how dangerous they truly are (instead of being pawns who never stood a chance against Plutonian) and The Paradigm finally confronts the Plutonian in an effort to kill him.

Waid has done an excellent job of throwing in a little anarchy and making us second guess everything. When the series started out, it was The Paradigm, who stood little to no chance, united against the Plut
Ryan Werner
Nov 02, 2015 Ryan Werner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The only problem I had with this one was the little mini-arcs/issues didn't add much, and they threw me off a bit as I went from the third trade to the fourth. Also, as I've decided to not read Incorruptible until I finish this, the Max Damage stuff didn't resonate with me, despite knowing the bare minimum about him.

Other than that, Waid is still right on with pretty much all of his instincts and actions. The pacing is incredible. Plot and character develop at a quick speed, but I never feel los
David
Jul 08, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
A stranger from the internet sent me this book.

At first I was bummed because if I liked it, I would have to spend the money to keep reading it. (This was a time when money was tight).

So the premise is simple.
What if Superman lived in the real world, in which people are pretty regularly assholes? Eventually Superman would get pissed off and start venting his anger and rage on people.

That is this book.

It's not just some crazy revenge fantasy. It's an excellently crafted comic. Every panel, every p
Jeff Raymond
I'm not saying I'm anywhere near disliking this series at this point, but I will say that I am beginning to experience some frustration regarding how this story is told. The arcs are so short compared to others, and they're filled with a lot of backstory and exposition that doesn't always seem to carry over. Even if these were bundled more as sets of 8 "issues" per se, it might feel a little more complete.

Still, overall, a solid read, just getting a little more frustrating as time rolls on.
M
Jul 30, 2011 M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the heroes jailed and an otherworldy threat making its way across the globe, alliances are forged that could finally bring an end to the reign of the Plutonian. Yet when the final shot is taken, using the literal magic bullet that will bring everything to an end, Qubit makes a gamble that may cost the Paradigm everything. Waid continues to twist heroics into villainy with this series masterfully.
Ezekiel
Content notes for this volume: blood, gore, fire

The remaining teammates of the Paradigm have a plan, maybe. If they can trust a demon from another dimension (they can't), and each other (they shouldn't). But first they need to bust out of prison.

Some fascinating backstories in this one. I didn't find Bette's rationale convincing, but then she's felt more 2 dimensional to me the whole run so far than anyone else.
Steve
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, or are they, how far can this maxim be taken, and who do you trust when your entire world has been turned upside down. There is more character development in this issue, and an introduction to characters we have heard about but not seen. The Paradigm escapes government incarceration and looks to confront the Plutonian.
  • Atomic Robo and the Shadow from Beyond Time (Atomic Robo, #3)
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6
  • The Boys, Volume 6: The Self-Preservation Society
  • Rising Stars: Fire and Ash (Rising Stars, #3)
  • The Sword Volume 2: Water
  • The Sword Volume 4: Air
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...