Start by marking “Clash of Wills” as Want to Read:
Clash of Wills

Clash of Wills

When an unconventional princess meets a footloose prince, a battle of wits begins...

Princess Samantha's magical compass will help her locate her long-lost brother, but only if she manages to escape her royal parents for a few weeks. When an unwelcome suitor comes to call, Samantha seizes her chance. She beguiles the prince into taking her north, intending to abandon him at
Published February 29th 2012 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Clash of Wills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clash of Wills

AntKathy
Apr 11, 2012 AntKathy rated it it was amazing

Princess Samantha's adored brother Julian is banished by their father King Tomas from their homeland, Paloran, for possessing magical powers. As Julian dashes away from the castle, he confesses to twelve year old Samantha that he is headed for the Uncharted Region, a dangerous land far from the kingdom they know so well. He promises to send for her when he has found his way in this new land.

Seven years later, their cousin Lord Nicholas, visits Paloran, but is also chased off by King Tomas for be
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
Where has this book been hiding? I absolutely love it! It combines a few of my favorite things: princes and princesses, magic, mystery and romance! Immediately my attention was drawn into this family whose father had banned magic and tried to have his own son killed for practicing it! Why would he do that? Why was magic so bad? Fast forward a few years and we follow Princess Samantha as she seizes the opportunity to find her lost brother by tricking the prince from a neighboring kingdom. Rogers ...more
Maggie
Mar 02, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing
A magical novella

Princess Samantha of Paloran tires of her endless string of suitors. Her heart's desire is to travel and find her brother, long banished from the kingdom due to his magical powers. Prince Wills of Insolita enjoys traveling. His parents have asked him to stop in Paloran and visit their friends, Samantha's parents, and so he does.

Samantha sees Wills' visit as a lucky break, and she talks her parents into letting her accompany him home. On the road, danger, passion, and enchantment
Josie
Apr 01, 2014 Josie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars: Princesses, magic, epic journey - this book has it all! LOVED this book! What more could i have asked for...this was witty and well written. The world building is fantastic and really who doesnt love a headstrong princess and an epic adventure mixed with some magic and a love interest? Highly recommend this read. You won't be disappointed.
Angela
Mar 13, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: will-read-again
Princess Samantha (Sam) is raised in a kingdom where magic is outlawed, her own brother was forced to leave seven years before because he practiced magic. When Sam receives a message from Her brother asking her to come to him at once she devises a plan to get away from her parents to try to convince her brother to come back home.
Wills is the prince of a neighboring country and decides to help Sam on her journey. He begins to care for her but is not sure that he can trust her.
You will not want to
Jan Romes
Mar 05, 2012 Jan Romes rated it it was amazing
From the first page to the last, this book was incredible! S. G. Rogers hooked me right away, but I’m not going to share how because I don’t want to be a spoiler – even now, I’m smiling at the author’s genius with the way she unfolded the story of Princess Samantha and Prince Wills. Ms. Rogers took me on an escapade filled with vivid descriptions, concise writing, romance and characters that leapt off the page. I loved Princess Samantha’s daring spirit, her loyalty to family, strength in the fac ...more
Meg Mims
Mar 06, 2012 Meg Mims rated it it was amazing
S.G. Rogers Clash of Wills has added another magical YA novella to the stars in her fantasy world. Princess Samantha is clever in avoiding suitors, but she meets her match in Prince Wills. And when Will agrees to join a quest to find Samantha's missing brother, readers will be both entertained and surprised with by some great twists. Rogers adds some fabulous details, from the Stairs of Tears to the food to the clothing and magical effects. Chalk up another notch on Rogers' belt for clean, winni ...more
Juli
Nov 18, 2012 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clash of Wills is an exciting quest tale of a young woman’s search for her brother, and herself, and a young man pressing forward in his duty to do what’s right. Ms. Rogers populates the story with a charming cast of royalty and fantasy creatures, and sprinkles in magic, and her signature charming wit. If you like questing princesses and kingdoms in distress you won't want to pass Clash of Wills by!
Patricia Kiyono
Apr 29, 2012 Patricia Kiyono rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful, magical adventure from S.G. Rogers! I laughed in the first chapter, crossed my fingers as the characters set out on their journey, cheered them on as they overcame their obstacles, and sighed with contentment at the end. This is a short read, but like a great movie, it has me wanting to re-visit this world again and again.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

“Clash of Wills”, like all good modern fairytales, throws a reader into a new world overflowing with magic, threatened with evil and sprinkled with love.

Read full review in the 2014 June/July Double Issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Stacey Swainston
Delightful plot

I love this author's story, but somewhere in the middle it felt like it became a chore for her to write and we were left with the first draft. If you can get past that and want a delightful plot then I recommend you read this book.
Patricia
Dec 30, 2015 Patricia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I have enjoyed other books by this author, I just did not enjoy this--I only made it about 6% into my Kindle book.
Angela
Jan 23, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
3.5* out of 5*

review posted here: http://yougottaread.com/review-clash-...
jayde
jayde rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Shazcaz
Shazcaz rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Shell
Shell rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Torrie Mowell
Torrie Mowell rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Kelsie
Kelsie rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
St.
St. rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2014
barbara sayers
barbara sayers rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Jakub Pracny
Jakub Pracny rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Fiza
Fiza rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Goodknight
Goodknight rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2012
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Stellita
Stellita rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Tash
Tash rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Cora
Cora rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Kathi
Kathi rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014