Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen

Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Was macht eine Katze neurotisch? Wie hält man seine neurotische Katze bei Laune? Erziehung einer neurotischen Katze. Schlafgewohnheiten der neurotischen Katze. Wie man die neurotische Katze am besten ernährt. Pflege der neurotischen Katze. Ihr Hund und die neurotische Katze. Wie Sie Ihre neurotische Katze zuhause selbst analysieren können. Kann eine neurotische Katze überh...more
Mass Market Paperback, 128 pages
Published 1988 by Heyne Verlag (first published 1985)

N.
This is supposed to be humorous but I chuckled maybe twice. It just didn't describe my cats at all. They're unusually active and it was mostly about cats sleeping (well, yeah, they do that but they also chase lasers and jingle balls round-the-clock) and scratching things (mine are trained pretty well -- they scratch the cardboard scratchers I've got everywhere and pretty much leave the furniture alone), what a cat's day is like (there was no knocking things off dressers -- how can anyone do a ca...more
Kellie
Absolutely hilarious book. A must read for cat lovers especially if you find that you have cats taking over your bed at night. I swear the get bigger and longer as the night goes on! And how many cats are neurotic well 100% if not more. And who makes our cats neurotic well us of course. [It just made me think about that poor cat who was not consulted about getting an addition to the family. Does anyone know how to turn off a baby (Maybe I should swat at it . . . or maybe not.). Poor thing. Next...more
Amie
I've read a couple of cat books lately, and this one was disappointing, really. I expected more from it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. Ah well. You win some, you lose some, I guess.
Riona
Meh. The introduction made me smile --

"And then God created a furry lump which for lack of a better term He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

He held the thing up in the air and it hung limply from His finger. He dropped it to the ground and it spread out in all directions as flat as a pancake.

...

He rubbed His beard incredulously. He didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. He knew of course that what He had just created was less
M
Internet cat humor, before the internet! The wacky sense of humor beholden to cat owners seems to have been the same in 1985 as it is today. We just now possess a way of sharing this jocularity on a mass basis.
Lauren Stoolfire
Worth the dollar I paid for it at that flea market. It describes my cat pretty well, actually. The illustrations were pretty good and humorous. To tell you the truth, the textual style could get a little grating from time to time. The book could have benefitted from being shorter, as it became kind of one-note the longer it went on. It's also a little dated. Still good for a laugh though!
Sheena
Julian actually gave me this when he was known as Ben. John and I had gone back to his mothers for coffee after a night out and he loaned me it. I read it quickly and got it ready to return to him next time he was in the area.When I tried to give it back he made it a present. will have to look expect we have still got it somewhere 22 years later and now here we are an old married couple.
Cheryl
Fun and true and a quick read. Only one flaw -- the author continually used the word "owner" when referring to the human in the cat/human relationship. Correct words include "staff", "human servant", "bipedal roommate", "lap provider", "living can opener" -- but cats do not have owners. The first page of the book points out that even God finds them uncontrollable.
A silly and slight book, with such humorous advice as: "Generally speaking, if your cat no longer fits in a standard-sized bathroom sink, he is fat. If you can't fit him in the bathtub, he is *really* fat."

Nothing particularly exciting or original, but it's worth an hour's chuckle for sure.
Vanessa
This little book was entertaining and not meant to be taken seriously. I think this quote sums up the feeling of the book nicely "Don't be alarmed if you cat seems abnormal. It's normal for cats to be that way." A fun and quick read that will be enjoyed by cat owners!
Anna
This book is not funny. Actually, I had no idea it was possible to write a book about CATS and make it boring. Unfortunately, Stephen Baker managed to do it. There are lots and lots of better books out there, and I'm sorry I wasted my time on this one.
Lizzy
Ha. Hahahaha! Very good for a giggle, now I need to see the dog version. I have my doubts that one could be as good as dogs are, naturally, the gift of the gods to mankind.
Richard
Short and funny with some great illustrations, this book quite literally had me laughing from cover to cover: there's a quiz on the back cover. A must read for any cat-owner.
Chelsie
It is so great to know that others struggle with neurotic cats. This book made me fell less alone. A funny, cute book that all cat owners should have! It will make you laugh.
Sharon
A quick and fun read. A cute book written from the cat's perspective. One of my favorite quotes is "Explain the rules to your cat. Then follow his."
Young
I don't have a cat and I found this book to be hilarious. I recommend it for cat lovers. It's just a mindless entertaining brief read.
Stephanie Allen
Dec 31, 2008 Stephanie Allen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie by: Greg Stucky (Christmas Gift)
I was laughing the entire time I read this book. But unless you have owned, or currently own, a cat, you probably won't get the humor.
Kara Thorpe
Short, amusing book. Good for cat lovers. I especially liked the "tables" like "Attention Span" and "Hostility Factor."
Mary
Very entertaining! I laughed out loud several times. Would recommend this book to any cat owner. :o)
mrs. fig
a must for anyone with even one neurotic cat . . . i have 3 .. . it's a good laugh.
St-Michel
It's great cause it's true and any cat lover could appreciate it.
Jools Xavier
It was good and quite funny, it made me giggle at times
Paige Mefferd
THIS BOOK IS histerical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!
Kimberly Fisher
Cute, funny read. Good gift for any cat lover.
Laurie Stoll
A cute entertaining book.
Leslie
Aug 03, 2011 Leslie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leslie by: bagel
Insightful.
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • The Character of Cats: The Origins, Intelligence, Behavior, and Stratagems of Felis silvestris catus
  • The Best Cat Ever
  • Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul: Stories of Feline Affection, Mystery and Charm
  • My Cat Spit McGee
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Cats In The Belfry
  • The Nine Emotional Lives of Cats: A Journey into the Feline Heart
  • Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties and Cats Gone Bad
  • I Am Maru
  • Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss
  • Great Expectations (Illustrated Classics.)
  • Simon's Cat
  • Catwatching
  • Kitty Cornered: How Frannie and Five Other Incorrigible Cats Seized Control of Our House and Made It Their Home
  • The Silent Miaow: A Manual for Kittens, Strays, and Homeless Cats
  • The Cartoon History of the Modern World Part 2: From the Bastille to Baghdad
  • Dog Heroes of September 11th: A Tribute to America's Search and Rescue Dogs
More about Stephen Baker...
How to Live with a Neurotic Dog The Numerati How to Live with a Neurotic Cat Owner De Datameesters Games Dogs Play