Start by marking “Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen” as Want to Read:
Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen

Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  331 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Was macht eine Katze neurotisch? Wie hält man seine neurotische Katze bei Laune? Erziehung einer neurotischen Katze. Schlafgewohnheiten der neurotischen Katze. Wie man die neurotische Katze am besten ernährt. Pflege der neurotischen Katze. Ihr Hund und die neurotische Katze. Wie Sie Ihre neurotische Katze zuhause selbst analysieren können. Kann eine neurotische Katze überh ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 128 pages
Published 1988 by Heyne Verlag (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vom Umgang mit neurotischen Katzen

Kellie
Mar 16, 2014 Kellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor-comics
Absolutely hilarious book. A must read for cat lovers especially if you find that you have cats taking over your bed at night. I swear the get bigger and longer as the night goes on! And how many cats are neurotic well 100% if not more. And who makes our cats neurotic well us of course. [It just made me think about that poor cat who was not consulted about getting an addition to the family. Does anyone know how to turn off a baby (Maybe I should swat at it . . . or maybe not.). Poor thing. Next ...more
Christyn

I read How to Live With a Neurotic Dog so when I saw How to Live With a Neurotic Cat at my library I check it out. It wasn't as funny or amusing as I thought it would be. There were a few smiles and a couple of raised eyebrows (who throws their cat at a wall? Or for that matter throws a telephone book at their cat? Or even thinks these things in the first place?) and quite a few yawns to be honest. Maybe reading about all the sleeping made me sleepy. It was okay, some of it struck true, a lot o
Erma Talamante
Dec 16, 2015 Erma Talamante rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, needs-reviewed
Review pending...
N.
Jan 04, 2013 N. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is supposed to be humorous but I chuckled maybe twice. It just didn't describe my cats at all. They're unusually active and it was mostly about cats sleeping (well, yeah, they do that but they also chase lasers and jingle balls round-the-clock) and scratching things (mine are trained pretty well -- they scratch the cardboard scratchers I've got everywhere and pretty much leave the furniture alone), what a cat's day is like (there was no knocking things off dressers -- how can anyone do a ca ...more
Amie
Sep 05, 2011 Amie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aunt-sandy
I've read a couple of cat books lately, and this one was disappointing, really. I expected more from it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. Ah well. You win some, you lose some, I guess.
Riona
Aug 31, 2013 Riona rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Meh. The introduction made me smile --

"And then God created a furry lump which for lack of a better term He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

He held the thing up in the air and it hung limply from His finger. He dropped it to the ground and it spread out in all directions as flat as a pancake.

...

He rubbed His beard incredulously. He didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. He knew of course that what He had just created was less
Julie H.
Nov 01, 2015 Julie H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, humor, cats
This is an older book, from the 1980s, that appeared on the "giveaway" table in the Women's Restroom at work. Thank you, co-worker and declutterer, for sharing this amusing analysis--complete with diagrams--of cat behavior and lists of their preferences. Cat people will get a kick out of this and non-cat people may well mistakenly interpret the presence of this book on a cat person's bookshelf as suggestive of the fact that he or she is trying to "get help" for their feline. As if.
M
Jun 21, 2014 M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Internet cat humor, before the internet! The wacky sense of humor beholden to cat owners seems to have been the same in 1985 as it is today. We just now possess a way of sharing this jocularity on a mass basis.
Bladestryke
I liked the illustrations they shoe the reality of the cat world perfectly. You can tell this is an older book as the humor is a bit off. Parts of it I found funny some parts just plain mean.
Kay
Nov 22, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a hoot. It's a humorous look with many drawings of the trials and tribulations of living with cats. My only complaint is this is too short (but then how long can the jokes go on).
Lucille
Jan 18, 2015 Lucille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: others
If you want to have a chuckle, it is a good book to read. You will finally understand that the cat is really the king or queen of your house.
Daniel
Jun 23, 2015 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun book - not deep just a light fun read for cat lovers :)
Caterina
May 31, 2015 Caterina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have a new cat. Need to revisit this one a.s.a.p.!
Val
Apr 12, 2016 Val rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Hilarious! Sums it up nicely.
Sabr-na
Hilarious!!!! But oh so true....
Lauren Stoolfire
Dec 31, 2013 Lauren Stoolfire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Worth the dollar I paid for it at that flea market. It describes my cat pretty well, actually. The illustrations were pretty good and humorous. To tell you the truth, the textual style could get a little grating from time to time. The book could have benefitted from being shorter, as it became kind of one-note the longer it went on. It's also a little dated. Still good for a laugh though!
Katherine
Mar 09, 2015 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, humour
Well...I think I'll get a hedgehog instead ;)
Jennifer Kelly
Jun 12, 2015 Jennifer Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you own a cat, or many cats, get this book. It's hilarious!!! Only a cat person could possibly understand the humor in this amazing book!!
Sheena
Jan 13, 2010 Sheena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 1988, cats
Julian actually gave me this when he was known as Ben. John and I had gone back to his mothers for coffee after a night out and he loaned me it. I read it quickly and got it ready to return to him next time he was in the area.When I tried to give it back he made it a present. will have to look expect we have still got it somewhere 22 years later and now here we are an old married couple.
Cheryl
Jan 17, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats
Fun and true and a quick read. Only one flaw -- the author continually used the word "owner" when referring to the human in the cat/human relationship. Correct words include "staff", "human servant", "bipedal roommate", "lap provider", "living can opener" -- but cats do not have owners. The first page of the book points out that even God finds them uncontrollable.
Feb 17, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pets, humor
A silly and slight book, with such humorous advice as: "Generally speaking, if your cat no longer fits in a standard-sized bathroom sink, he is fat. If you can't fit him in the bathtub, he is *really* fat."

Nothing particularly exciting or original, but it's worth an hour's chuckle for sure.
Vanessa
This little book was entertaining and not meant to be taken seriously. I think this quote sums up the feeling of the book nicely "Don't be alarmed if you cat seems abnormal. It's normal for cats to be that way." A fun and quick read that will be enjoyed by cat owners!
Anna
Jun 10, 2013 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, owned-ebook
This book is not funny. Actually, I had no idea it was possible to write a book about CATS and make it boring. Unfortunately, Stephen Baker managed to do it. There are lots and lots of better books out there, and I'm sorry I wasted my time on this one.
Amy Palmer
This book was supposed to be cute and funny, but I didn't think it was either. As a cat lover, I didn't like the mentions of throwing your cat against the wall or which phone book is best to throw at your cat.
Lizzy
Nov 06, 2012 Lizzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Ha. Hahahaha! Very good for a giggle, now I need to see the dog version. I have my doubts that one could be as good as dogs are, naturally, the gift of the gods to mankind.
Richard
Aug 15, 2008 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and funny with some great illustrations, this book quite literally had me laughing from cover to cover: there's a quiz on the back cover. A must read for any cat-owner.
Chelsie
Apr 29, 2008 Chelsie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is so great to know that others struggle with neurotic cats. This book made me fell less alone. A funny, cute book that all cat owners should have! It will make you laugh.
Sharon
Mar 03, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and fun read. A cute book written from the cat's perspective. One of my favorite quotes is "Explain the rules to your cat. Then follow his."
Young
Mar 05, 2009 Young rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have a cat and I found this book to be hilarious. I recommend it for cat lovers. It's just a mindless entertaining brief read.
Stephanie Allen
Dec 31, 2008 Stephanie Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie by: Greg Stucky (Christmas Gift)
I was laughing the entire time I read this book. But unless you have owned, or currently own, a cat, you probably won't get the humor.
  • The Character of Cats: The Origins, Intelligence, Behavior, and Stratagems of Felis Silvestris Catus
  • Cats' Letters to Santa
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • The Cat and the Curmudgeon
  • Cats In The Belfry
  • How to Talk to Your Cat
  • Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties and Cats Gone Bad
  • Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort
  • Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul: Stories of Feline Affection, Mystery and Charm
  • Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics
  • Cat vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat
  • The People's Almanac
  • Catlore
  • My Cat Spit McGee
  • A Cat Named Darwin: Embracing the Bond Between Man and Pet
  • The Cat Who Covered the World: The Adventures Of Henrietta And Her Foreign Correspondent
  • The Cat Who Cried for Help: Attitudes, Emotions, and the Psychology of Cats
  • The New Natural Cat: A Complete Guide for Finicky Owners
More about Stephen Baker...