Start by marking “Agents of Change (Agents of Change, #1)” as Want to Read:
Agents of Change (Agents of Change, #1)

Agents of Change (Agents of Change #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"...a fast-paced exploration of corruption and power...an exciting story packed with twists, disasters and suspense." — Emma Hunneyball, In Potentia

An amiable corporate manager by day and a matchmaker whenever he can get around to it, Calvin Newsome’s new dream job falls into his lap when he’s recruited by a secret worldwide organization whose agents use uncanny abilities
Published February 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Agents of Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agents of Change

Kristina
When my friend Amy recommended this book to me, I decided to give it a shot. I have always been a huge fan of fast-paced, action-packed suspense novels and this book does not disappoint. The fast tempo of the plot really helps to add drama and suspense to the entire work. Couple that together with hilarious and sometimes sarcastic comments every now and then and you have a great novel. In fact this is the best independently published book I have ever read and I highly recommend this book.

All of
Eliza Green
A nice read and the ideas were interesting. I liked the idea of the various Agencies – Influence, Justice. There is a science fiction element to the book - the Change Machine that allows agents to become another person – but there wasn’t a strong enough feel to the book to categorise it in this genre. I was looking for a little more explanation about how the agents could morph into someone else since it was the core element of the story.

Other than Calvin Newsome, I never really got to know any
Melba
Apr 26, 2013 Melba rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans
I enjoyed this book very much, and I believe others would as well. I will try to find more books by this author, as I really think he is a gifted writer. I will most definitely read the other books in this series, and I am looking forward to getting Book 2 very soon.
EmmaMarie Hunneyball
Guy Harrison's espionage thriller is a fast-paced exploration of corruption and abuse of power. The central character, Calvin, is isolated from his life through his induction into the Agency of Influence. He is then isolated from this new world when he is accused of murder. Calvin's journey is a simple but powerful one: he is a man being pushed continually out of his comfort zone. When he takes action he doesn't try to regain his old life, he seeks to push his enemies out of their own comfort zo ...more
Zanib  Sajjad
More of my reviews here: http://dawnofthebooks.blogspot.ca/
The first thing I could think of when I saw this book was, I love the cover. And, well, the cover is neat. So I proceeded to read the blurb and all the right things caught my eyes. This book, like many others, started off a little slow for me, but eventually is started to get more into the action of the plot.

Calvin Newsome is your above average man who seems to have one of those hearts that really reaches out towards others. He is caring
Home. Love. Books.
To see this review and more like it check out my site, www.ufreviews.com

For me I felt like this book started off a little bit on the slower side of things, which is one of my pet peeves in books, but there was one thing about this book that I think helped with this. The author has a pretty good sense of humor in the beginning of the book, so even though it starts off a little bit on the slow side the humor within the beginning helps distract you from the slower pace. And I always like a little
Underground Book Reviews
The reason I decided to read Agents of Change was because the first chapter was humorous, action-packed and suspenseful. I figured, if anything, at least it would keep me entertained. In that respect, the book delivered. Guy Harrison's writing was non-stop action, and kept me turning pages from beginning to end. Other than that, though, the book fell flat.

The premise of Agents of Change revolves around a secret institute which uses magical shape shifting and telekinetic powers to "do good." Whil
Anna
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. I really like the book cover picture. “Karma has a new face,” is the perfect quote for this book’s cover. Also, the pages feel thicker, like card stock. I’m guessing it’s just my copy, but I’ve never had a book with pages this thick before. I really like the physical appearance and feel of the book.

After reading the first two chapters, you realize from the book’s title that things will change. The story has a lot of excitement. Calvin Newsome (a.k.a. Kevi
Jim Saddler
I don't know what I was expecting, the book was free on the kindle so I figured, why not?

While the story idea was good, my biggest gripe with the novel is the clunky dialogue and abrupt ending to thoughts and scenes that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The dialogue was horribly unnatural and uncomfortable for most of the entire story. It had no fluidity to it and tended to jump from one subject to another between characters unexpectedly which only left me scratching my head and wondering why
Aviva Wilkes
The plot to the story is good however I found the writing style to be a bit choppy. I will give the series a try just to give the author a chance. The story reminded me of a "ok" movie that you watch because you've invested the time in it.
Peggy
This could make a good TV series based on what's currently on TV. I need to learn the outcome so I'll read the rest of the series.
Becky
So this is more a 3.5 in my world, I liked it, up till the end. It does feel like the start of a series, but then I'm not sure where it will go. The writing for the most part was strong, though it did get "choppy" for the lack of a better term. The time line switches also were a little difficult to follow. I love the premise, and hope it is the start of a series as there are so many unanswered questions! The end left me wanting more of an explanation, was he caught? was it all in his head? was h ...more
Debbie Thurlo
Really enjoyed reading this book. The storyline is unpredictable and interesting. It's one of those books that keeps the reader thinking, not only about the story but about what you might do in that situation.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Sherry
I'd really like to give this 3 1/2 stars. it was fun enough to read that I'd like to read the 2nd book in the series to see what hapens to Calvin
Doreen Hatch-alvarez
I enjoyed the book. The story kept me wondering what was coming next. I'm interested in reading the sequel.
Amanda
Really amazing book even with all it's twists and turns I hope there is another to continue it.
Jacquelyn
This was a fast pace advanture that hooked me from page one.

Nice read.....
Karen
Can't wait to read the sequel.
Jewlia Love
WOW...Just WOW. Exciting and thrilling
Summer Lane
Review to come later. :)
Jack Porcello
Jack Porcello marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Ana G
Ana G marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Keyreads
Keyreads marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Ethan Papish
Ethan Papish marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Tracy Meier
Tracy Meier marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Socorro
Socorro marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Favorite Scene 1 3 Dec 28, 2012 11:10AM
Q&A with Guy ...: My Influences 1 3 Mar 27, 2012 04:19PM
Q&A with Guy ...: Agents of Change 1 1 Mar 27, 2012 04:16PM
  • Clearwater Journals
  • The Paris Directive
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Threat of Darkness
  • Spy Mom
  • Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2)
  • The China Gambit (Craig Page, #1)
  • Rapunzel
  • Murder in Store
  • Winning the Widow's Heart
  • Unhinged
  • Twelve Clean Pages
  • Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)
  • Relentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Written in the Ashes
  • The Heirloom Murders (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2)
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Directed Verdict
The mind behind the Agents of Change Trilogy, Guy Harrison is a Phoenix area-based author raised in Philadelphia. Once an aspiring sportscaster, Harrison has worked in public relations for the past six years. He currently lives in Maricopa, Arizona with his wife Lindsay and their son Vance.
More about Guy Harrison...
Agents of Chaos (Agents of Change, #2) The Scorpion Nest: A Short Story Agents of Destiny (Agents of Change #3) Nuclear Winter (Nuclear Winter, #1)