Start by marking “Agents of Change (Agents of Change, #1)” as Want to Read:
Agents of Change (Agents of Change, #1)

Agents of Change (Agents of Change #1)

"...a fast-paced exploration of corruption and power...an exciting story packed with twists, disasters and suspense." — Emma Hunneyball, In Potentia

An amiable corporate manager by day and a matchmaker whenever he can get around to it, Calvin Newsome’s new dream job falls into his lap when he’s recruited by a secret worldwide organization whose agents use uncanny abilities
Published February 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Agents of Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agents of Change

Kristina
Nov 29, 2012 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
When my friend Amy recommended this book to me, I decided to give it a shot. I have always been a huge fan of fast-paced, action-packed suspense novels and this book does not disappoint. The fast tempo of the plot really helps to add drama and suspense to the entire work. Couple that together with hilarious and sometimes sarcastic comments every now and then and you have a great novel. In fact this is the best independently published book I have ever read and I highly recommend this book.

All of
Eliza Green
Feb 01, 2013 Eliza Green rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A nice read and the ideas were interesting. I liked the idea of the various Agencies – Influence, Justice. There is a science fiction element to the book - the Change Machine that allows agents to become another person – but there wasn’t a strong enough feel to the book to categorise it in this genre. I was looking for a little more explanation about how the agents could morph into someone else since it was the core element of the story.

Other than Calvin Newsome, I never really got to know any
Melba
Apr 18, 2013 Melba rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans
I enjoyed this book very much, and I believe others would as well. I will try to find more books by this author, as I really think he is a gifted writer. I will most definitely read the other books in this series, and I am looking forward to getting Book 2 very soon.
Home. Love. Books.
To see this review and more like it check out my site, www.ufreviews.com

For me I felt like this book started off a little bit on the slower side of things, which is one of my pet peeves in books, but there was one thing about this book that I think helped with this. The author has a pretty good sense of humor in the beginning of the book, so even though it starts off a little bit on the slow side the humor within the beginning helps distract you from the slower pace. And I always like a little
EmmaMarie Hunneyball
Feb 21, 2012 EmmaMarie Hunneyball rated it really liked it
Guy Harrison's espionage thriller is a fast-paced exploration of corruption and abuse of power. The central character, Calvin, is isolated from his life through his induction into the Agency of Influence. He is then isolated from this new world when he is accused of murder. Calvin's journey is a simple but powerful one: he is a man being pushed continually out of his comfort zone. When he takes action he doesn't try to regain his old life, he seeks to push his enemies out of their own comfort zo ...more
Zanib  Sajjad
More of my reviews here: http://dawnofthebooks.blogspot.ca/
The first thing I could think of when I saw this book was, I love the cover. And, well, the cover is neat. So I proceeded to read the blurb and all the right things caught my eyes. This book, like many others, started off a little slow for me, but eventually is started to get more into the action of the plot.

Calvin Newsome is your above average man who seems to have one of those hearts that really reaches out towards others. He is caring
Jim Saddler
I don't know what I was expecting, the book was free on the kindle so I figured, why not?

While the story idea was good, my biggest gripe with the novel is the clunky dialogue and abrupt ending to thoughts and scenes that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The dialogue was horribly unnatural and uncomfortable for most of the entire story. It had no fluidity to it and tended to jump from one subject to another between characters unexpectedly which only left me scratching my head and wondering why
Anna
Jun 14, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. I really like the book cover picture. “Karma has a new face,” is the perfect quote for this book’s cover. Also, the pages feel thicker, like card stock. I’m guessing it’s just my copy, but I’ve never had a book with pages this thick before. I really like the physical appearance and feel of the book.

After reading the first two chapters, you realize from the book’s title that things will change. The story has a lot of excitement. Calvin Newsome (a.k.a. Kevi
Underground Book Reviews
The reason I decided to read Agents of Change was because the first chapter was humorous, action-packed and suspenseful. I figured, if anything, at least it would keep me entertained. In that respect, the book delivered. Guy Harrison's writing was non-stop action, and kept me turning pages from beginning to end. Other than that, though, the book fell flat.

The premise of Agents of Change revolves around a secret institute which uses magical shape shifting and telekinetic powers to "do good." Whil
Becky
So this is more a 3.5 in my world, I liked it, up till the end. It does feel like the start of a series, but then I'm not sure where it will go. The writing for the most part was strong, though it did get "choppy" for the lack of a better term. The time line switches also were a little difficult to follow. I love the premise, and hope it is the start of a series as there are so many unanswered questions! The end left me wanting more of an explanation, was he caught? was it all in his head? was h ...more
Debbie Thurlo
May 02, 2012 Debbie Thurlo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Really enjoyed reading this book. The storyline is unpredictable and interesting. It's one of those books that keeps the reader thinking, not only about the story but about what you might do in that situation.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Aviva Wilkes
The plot to the story is good however I found the writing style to be a bit choppy. I will give the series a try just to give the author a chance. The story reminded me of a "ok" movie that you watch because you've invested the time in it.
Summer Lane
Review to come later. :)
Sherry
I'd really like to give this 3 1/2 stars. it was fun enough to read that I'd like to read the 2nd book in the series to see what hapens to Calvin
Karen
Jan 15, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read the sequel.
Doreen Hatch-alvarez
I enjoyed the book. The story kept me wondering what was coming next. I'm interested in reading the sequel.
Corissia
May 13, 2014 Corissia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-freebie
Never finished.
Peggy
Mar 22, 2014 Peggy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This could make a good TV series based on what's currently on TV. I need to learn the outcome so I'll read the rest of the series.
Jewlia Love
Oct 29, 2013 Jewlia Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW...Just WOW. Exciting and thrilling
Jacquelyn Smith
Feb 02, 2013 Jacquelyn Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, drama, nook, thrillers
This was a fast pace advanture that hooked me from page one.

Nice read.....
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
Laura Grow-Nyberg
Laura Grow-Nyberg rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Liena444.mvdwgmail.com
Liena444.mvdwgmail.com rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Linda Clausen
Linda Clausen rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Will Clarke
Will Clarke rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Beto Gloria
Beto Gloria rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Kimberlee Williams
Kimberlee Williams rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Favorite Scene 1 3 Dec 28, 2012 11:10AM
Q&A with Guy Harr...: My Influences 1 3 Mar 27, 2012 04:19PM
Q&A with Guy Harr...: Agents of Change 1 1 Mar 27, 2012 04:16PM
  • Clearwater Journals
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Threat of Darkness
  • The Paris Directive
  • Spy Mom
  • Unhinged
  • The China Gambit (Craig Page, #1)
  • Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)
  • Relentless Pursuit (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)
  • Twelve Clean Pages
  • Prophecy (Slave Empire, #1)
  • The Heirloom Murders (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2)
  • Fever Moon
  • Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith
  • Fear and Aggression
  • Prepare
  • The Captain's Courtship (The Everard Legacy, #2)
The mind behind the Agents of Change Trilogy, Guy Harrison is a Phoenix area-based author raised in Philadelphia. Once an aspiring sportscaster, Harrison has worked in public relations for the past six years. He currently lives in Maricopa, Arizona with his wife Lindsay and their son Vance.
More about Guy Harrison...

Agents of Change (3 books)
  • Agents of Chaos (Agents of Change, #2)
  • Agents of Destiny (Agents of Change #3)