Start by marking “Hyblood (The Wolva Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hyblood (The Wolva Trilogy, #1)

Hyblood (The Wolva Trilogy #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In 1803 France, a young Frenchman named Gaspard, and his friend move out from the Paris orphanage they have lived in for over a decade. They find jobs at an old mansion and perhaps a friendship in the owners daughter, Jocelyn.

While working there, they learn of the disappearance of previous stable hands, and believe some coincidence must have occurred - until something hap
Published (first published January 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hyblood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hyblood

Jack
In this day and age I feel the need to be specific. I am not a fan of the Twilight Saga. I read the novels and deeply regret my wasted time. But, that does not mean I do not like the Paranormal. I love vampires the kind of Bram Stokers 'Dracula' an Anne Rice's 'Interview With a Vampire'. I am also fond of Werewolves, very fond I should say. So when I was referred to 'Hyblood', it is needless to say that I was both apprehensive and curious.

I am happy to say I was not disappointed.

'Hyblood' is a c
Melanie
I was pleasantly surprised by this story. I enjoy stories with vampires, werewolves, ghosts, the whole shebang, but with the current fad of supernatural characters are almost solely weak and sexual, rather than strong and predatory. Luckily, Hyblood doesn't fall into that trap.

Gaspard is struggling against his nature, trying to hold on to who he was while not being so incredibly broody as to resemble Eeyore. He keeps going, doing what he thinks is right. Jocelyn is an actual individual, rather t
Amanda Sheila
The author gave me this book as a gift few months ago *scoffs* and I'm really sorry that I just finish this book right now. Thank you, Miss Budd! I owe you one! :)

Meet Gaspard, a normal young man who lost his parents when he was just a kid. Forced to live in orphan house, he and Elijh became a best buddy. When the time is come, both of them has to leave made their own life. Looking for a job, they meet Jocelyn. Beautiful girl who made Gaspard's tummy churn. She offers them job at her house and t
Karen
Jun 23, 2012 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya

I hate giving critical reviews, but this is going to be one. This is a nice young adult paranormal book. Would not call it a romance because the interaction between the hero and heroine is limited in first part of the book. It was slow at first but this is the righting teams first effort and I see potential in a follow up. The vampire hierarchy was not as well defined as the werewolves. I would have liked to have known what time period we were dealing with; because at one point, when gasoline i
Reilly
Reeled in by the symbol on the cover, I decided to pick up Hyblood in the hopes that I would not be disappointed - I was not.

'Hyblood's main Hero is strong and decisive of his immortality and the life he plans to lead, and the Heroine is not controlled by her feelings for the Hero as we so often see in many YA novels now-a-days. The Villain was both amusing and a little terrifying. I'm happy to have given this book a chance and look forward to what happens next (so many questions to be answered!
Stacy
Loved it!!! I was a bit skeptical to read it at first with all the vampire hype around lately, but a friend said they loved it and said I must read it and I'm so glad I did. The characters are well thought out - both good guys and the bad guys - and you can't stop reading for even a minute without wondering what the crazy vampire Lucas will do to Gaspard next! Im very much looking forward to the 2nd book. Can't wait!
Stephanie Budd
Jul 29, 2012 Stephanie Budd added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-co-wrote
I have been asked many times over the past few months about the music behind the writing of 'The Wolva Trilogy'. Set up in the link below, I have compiled a list of songs that have helped inspire and drive the writing behind 'Hyblood'. As the second and third books are finished and published as well, I will provide links to their respective songs as I am doing here for the first book. (The second and third installments already have work-in-progress play-lists that you are more than welcome to se ...more
Angela
I was pleasantly surprised with this book, being that it was a R2R and some of them can be a real chore and completely put me off of them for a while. This book did the opposite.

It was a little slow to begin with since it is one of a series, and Stephanie took her time introducing the characters. This is one thing I love to have in the first book of a series. Once the story got going it took off like a jet.(view spoiler)
Allison
Dec 20, 2012 Allison rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: r2r

It took me a while to get into Hyblood . I think it started to pick up a little over halfway through the book . It wasn't a fast read but maybe because it's just the beginning of the trilogy .
Overall the characters were interesting and the twist at the end left me intrigued. I may read the next book but I'm
Not sure If the writing style is necessarily my cup of tea . I think it will appeal to others though
Rachelle
Enjoyable. Will be keeping an eye out for the rest of the series.
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Galathiel
Galathiel marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Jane Butterworth
Jane Butterworth marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Emma Keller-
Emma Keller- marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Danica
Danica is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2013
KiAira
KiAira marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
NHPwife678
NHPwife678 marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
"aku" J.
"aku" J. marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Sabtiff
Sabtiff marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Jamie Pascual
Jamie Pascual marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2012
Stephanie Budd was born and raised in Naples, Florida. She grew up with a constant love of reading and creating stories. Stephanie's first unofficial 'book' was a children's novel that was written and illustrated when she was 10. After that, the stories grew in depth and substance until she became the writer she is today - determined to make her mark in the literary world.

Her first book, 'Hyblood:
More about Stephanie Budd...