Little White Lies

Little White Lies (The Carringtons #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  411 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Miranda Carrington has been secretly in love with her boss for years, but after getting involved with his twin brother, Jack, and also spending one passionate night with Holt, she has a serious problem. Miranda is pregnant and doesn't know which one of them is the father.

HOLT

Miranda watched Holt until he disappeared around the corner. He was incorrigible, impossible, domin...more
Published January 28th 2012

Sarah Fredricks
Feb 20, 2012 Sarah Fredricks rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all romance lovers
Recommended to Sarah by: found it
I enjoyed reading this book. The characters were well developed. The duplicity was very cleverly written and maintained. I did feel that the heroine forgave a bit too easily, that bit was a bit too disbelieving. Apart from that bit the rest of the book deserved 5 stars. An excellent read.
Nina
First off, I must state that I do NOT like giving negative reviews because it comes off sounding negative and harsh. However, I state my opinions in reviews to give readers insight on what I liked or disliked about the book. So here are my two cents on this book:

I discovered Kimberley Reeves a while back and have read several of her works. She is a good author and I've enjoyed several novels of hers, but they are either a hit or miss. Little White Lies was a miss for me. Here's why: I couldn't g...more
Matilda
Wow, that was really hot and captivating!
It seemed like a regular romance, at first. Well, it wasn't.
The hero decides, for reasons of his own, to play a mind-blowing game on the heroine.It was, most certainly, a cruel mental game, destined to test her sanity to the limits. I was surprised she didn't get an emergency admission to a mental hospital, after all she went through.
I did enjoy his misery, when he realized the consequences of his plan. He deserved every single moment of it.
As a story, it...more
Anna
Great quick read. Nice little story in the sense that it sneaks up on you! I was assuming I was reading a quaint little hokey romance book but ended up finding myself a bit intrigued as to how this was going to play out. It wasn't nearly as cheesy or as quaint as I thought it might be. There were some great characters and the story moved well, in addition to being interesting. I liked it. I would read more by this author for sure.
Mei
Well I should quit my day job and start writing too! Cute fairytale BUT...totally unbelievable and silly. I needed to read something that didn't require thought and this was it. Free Amazon read. Did the person editing this book have a problem with "to" and "the"? Those two words seemed to be missing in every other sentence along with a few others. Terrible editing job.
Mitsy
Miranda has been in love with her boss, Holt, for years. When he hurts her feelings at a company party, she happens to meet his brother, Jack. As she falls for Jack, she becomes so confused. Will she choose Jack, Holt, or neither?

Holt is way too domineering. Even his attitude towards Miranda is insulting.

Jack is wonderful, funny, caring, loving, and all the things women want in a man. Yet, he is way too secretive.

It's obvious what's going on. In fact, I knew right away, which maybe was intent...more
Lisa
Miranda is in love with her boss Holt Devlin? Holt is a ladies man and has no interest in a relationship and has no idea his little efficient assistant Miranda is in love with him either. On NewYears Eve at the company party, Miranda is forced to come out of her conservative shell and borrow an outfit for her wild sister Bri because she doesn't have time to go home and change.

When Holt lays eyes on the new Miranda with her hair down and out of the conservative business suits, he see's her as a...more
Tonileg
This is a twin/twin romance. Miranda Carrington has been working as personal assistant to Holt Devlin for three years and been in love with hims just as long. She hides her beauty behind power suits until one fateful New Years Party, she is late and wears one of her sister/twin's sexy outfits and Holt sees Miranda as the hot smarty beauty that she is. But she misunderstands Holt's reaction and runs away then meets a handsome fellow, Jack and they have some sexy time (Her first time) and they sta...more
Shan
Overall I liked the story, but I just couldn't understand why she didn't realize what was going on.

Being his personal assistant shouldn't she know more or at least the basics about Holt's personal life. I mean she seems to think that she knows him so well, enough to be in love with him anyway.

That's another thing I didn't understand, why was she in love with him. The way she describes him to his brother makes him sound like a horn dog(is that the right term, lol?)
Tiffany~are there TWINS in it?
This book was a little annoying for me to read because I felt that the heroine was just a little to doe-eyed and sensitive. While the plot was somewhat interesting I just didn't really "feel" the hero or the heroine were "real." I try to give everything I read a chance but I found myself just reading this because I didn't want to quit a book, but I was just reading it to finish it. Usually I am reading a book because I want to know what's coming next. There were also a lot of typos and some miss...more
BodiceRippingConnoisseur
Good, quick read. Some drama towards end. Very quick pace. Author did a good job of keeping you guessing about a few things with continuity between chapters. No silly mistakes and part of me knew but had second thoughts also. (I am trying to not give too much away. Just read the book... you will understand!)

Not a lot of hot steamy parts but it wasn't boring either.

Only issue I had was that the heroin was wealthy and had traveled and gone to some UPSCALE places in life but was oohing and awing o...more
Chaton
The pace of this book was far too fast - serial playboy becomes hopelessly pussywhipped devoted and loyal boyfriend (view spoiler) after one night in the sack? Nope, I just don't buy it.

(view spoiler)

This book was beyond predicta...more
Nicky
I liked this book. not a shocker for me because Ive liked most Kimbereley Reeves books that Ive read. But this one was a little different because there were so many typos and missing words at the beginning and end of the story.. The middle seemed fine it was just the beginning of the story and end.. I have to say thats something new with a Kimberley Reeves.. or maybe I just noticed it this time.. It was still an enjoyable read (I dont understand how the h didnt figure out the big surprise but it...more
Shannon
J.E.
I thought this was a cute enjoyable read. Not sure why some of the reviews were negative. I agree there were some editorial issues. I did think the author broke character a couple of times, when she made a wealthy heroine ooh and ahhh over being in a nice hotel. I liked how the author managed the duplicity part of the story. Overall I enjoy the read, thought she did a good job, and I got my HEA.
SandraE
The identical twin storyline can often be annoying. It makes the woman look like an idiot and the twin look like an ass. I do not know how this book could be better than it is which is not that great. It gets 3 stars because I do not hate it not because I like it.
Diana
The identical twin storyline is rather unbelievable. It really makes the woman look like an idiot and the twin think she is dumb. It gets the 3 stars for being entertaining although I could have done without the detailed description in the sex scenes.
Diana
Really liked this book. Had a little problem with the deceiving aspect, not real sure I was totally okay with it. In the end, I did believe the HEA and I did like the H/h characters. Loved the grandmother. She was a hoot. Good read.
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
I was kinda caught off guard when I learnt Holt was Jack. Falling for twins can be tricky. Things seemed to move fast in this book. Reminded me of Fifty shades of grey hmm. Well it was worth a read.
Bobbi
couldn't put it down. while it wasn't. quite believable that Miranda had never seen her bosses brother and that she couldn't. find any way to tell them apart, it was still a very fun book.
Rachel Wheeler
3.5 Stars

Average, but it had its moments. It had plenty of sexy parts but it didn't leave me screaming for more. So there it Is folks not bad not great- average.
Dena
I like Kim's books and enjoy reading them. This one not so much. Granted, always great stories and happy endings. It's the true feel of good books worth reading
Jen
Miranda should have got a clue much sooner & then made him grovel and he should have manned up. These losers deserve each other.
Ashley
A nice short read. I thought it was really good. I will just say that I did not see that coming ;-)
Moira
I wasn't expecting to like this book but I quite enjoyed it. Love the unexpected twist in it.
Dee
Ok- so I was confused for a while. How did she not know???? But I love a happily ever after.
Jorran
Jul 21, 2014 Jorran rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This book was a great read. I did find some of the plot a little unbelievable though.
Cara
worth the time that it took to read it! It was not too long of a story!
Brandi
A bit melodramtic but entertaining. I liked it.
The Free Book Cha...: Little White Lies, by Kimberley Reeves 2 18 Dec 02, 2012 07:41PM
  • Table for Two
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Emily's Affair
  • The Enemy's Son
  • Bedding The Billionaire
  • Under Currents
  • Love By Accident
  • Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Lover
  • Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover
  • Close Your Eyes
  • What Goes Around...
  • More than Rivals
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • Bonds of Attraction (Bonds of Attraction, #1-3)
  • From the Chrysalis
  • More Than Friends
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attraction, #1)
Eighteen years of marriage to the same wonderful man who is and always will be the love of my life. He is the inspiration in my heart...
More about Kimberley Reeves...
Blind Faith Broken Vittorio's Woman (Vittorio Series #1) In the Arms of a Stranger Vittorio's Mistress (Vittorio's Series #3)