Start by marking “Little White Lies” as Want to Read:
Little White Lies

Little White Lies (The Carringtons #1)

Miranda Carrington has been secretly in love with her boss for years, but after getting involved with his twin brother, Jack, and also spending one passionate night with Holt, she has a serious problem. Miranda is pregnant and doesn't know which one of them is the father.

HOLT

Miranda watched Holt until he disappeared around the corner. He was incorrigible, impossible, domin
Published January 28th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Little White Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little White Lies

Nina
Feb 20, 2013 Nina rated it it was ok
First off, I must state that I do NOT like giving negative reviews because it comes off sounding negative and harsh. However, I state my opinions in reviews to give readers insight on what I liked or disliked about the book. So here are my two cents on this book:

I discovered Kimberley Reeves a while back and have read several of her works. She is a good author and I've enjoyed several novels of hers, but they are either a hit or miss. Little White Lies was a miss for me. Here's why: I couldn't g
Mtld
Mar 06, 2015 Mtld rated it really liked it
Wow, that was really hot and captivating!
It seemed like a regular romance, at first. Well, it wasn't.
The hero decides, for reasons of his own, to play a mind-blowing game on the heroine.It was, most certainly, a cruel mental game, destined to test her sanity to the limits. I was surprised she didn't get an emergency admission to a mental hospital, after all she went through.
I did enjoy his misery, when he realized the consequences of his plan. He deserved every single moment of it.
As a story, it
Anna
Nov 18, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Great quick read. Nice little story in the sense that it sneaks up on you! I was assuming I was reading a quaint little hokey romance book but ended up finding myself a bit intrigued as to how this was going to play out. It wasn't nearly as cheesy or as quaint as I thought it might be. There were some great characters and the story moved well, in addition to being interesting. I liked it. I would read more by this author for sure.
Mei
Nov 13, 2012 Mei rated it it was ok
Well I should quit my day job and start writing too! Cute fairytale BUT...totally unbelievable and silly. I needed to read something that didn't require thought and this was it. Free Amazon read. Did the person editing this book have a problem with "to" and "the"? Those two words seemed to be missing in every other sentence along with a few others. Terrible editing job.
HJ
Jun 22, 2015 HJ rated it liked it
reread 6/2015
Djg
So now that I've read a few of this author's books I'm of the opinion that she writes fairy tales with perfect heroes who adore their women. Truly, this one was a little predictable but so what when you end up with a fairy tale ending when you're in the mood for it?

Miranda has been in love with her stand-offish boss Holt as long as she's worked for him. She maintains a professional appearance (read-frumpy)and demeanor. At the company's annual New Year's eve party she takes his breath away when s
Mitsy
Mar 02, 2013 Mitsy rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Miranda has been in love with her boss, Holt, for years. When he hurts her feelings at a company party, she happens to meet his brother, Jack. As she falls for Jack, she becomes so confused. Will she choose Jack, Holt, or neither?

Holt is way too domineering. Even his attitude towards Miranda is insulting.

Jack is wonderful, funny, caring, loving, and all the things women want in a man. Yet, he is way too secretive.

It's obvious what's going on. In fact, I knew right away, which maybe was intent
Lisa
Oct 18, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Miranda is in love with her boss Holt Devlin? Holt is a ladies man and has no interest in a relationship and has no idea his little efficient assistant Miranda is in love with him either. On NewYears Eve at the company party, Miranda is forced to come out of her conservative shell and borrow an outfit for her wild sister Bri because she doesn't have time to go home and change.

When Holt lays eyes on the new Miranda with her hair down and out of the conservative business suits, he see's her as a
Tonileg
Jul 27, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, kindle
This is a twin/twin romance. Miranda Carrington has been working as personal assistant to Holt Devlin for three years and been in love with hims just as long. She hides her beauty behind power suits until one fateful New Years Party, she is late and wears one of her sister/twin's sexy outfits and Holt sees Miranda as the hot smarty beauty that she is. But she misunderstands Holt's reaction and runs away then meets a handsome fellow, Jack and they have some sexy time (Her first time) and they sta ...more
Ganae
Jun 17, 2015 Ganae rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of my favorite books. It's a great read if you're into the whole idea of a boss and his assistant being lovers. The romance parts are great and you're heart will definitely clench while reading this. There are also some great surprises but I won't spoil them for you guys!
Tiffany~are there TWINS in it?
This book was a little annoying for me to read because I felt that the heroine was just a little to doe-eyed and sensitive. While the plot was somewhat interesting I just didn't really "feel" the hero or the heroine were "real." I try to give everything I read a chance but I found myself just reading this because I didn't want to quit a book, but I was just reading it to finish it. Usually I am reading a book because I want to know what's coming next. There were also a lot of typos and some miss ...more
Carol
Jan 02, 2015 Carol rated it it was ok
Enjoyed the beginning and connected with the three main players up to the reveal of the confusion that the heroine experienced. The plot was too ridiculous for me to accept. Then it became a skimming pages exercise for me to the last page.
BodiceRippingConnoisseur
Good, quick read. Some drama towards end. Very quick pace. Author did a good job of keeping you guessing about a few things with continuity between chapters. No silly mistakes and part of me knew but had second thoughts also. (I am trying to not give too much away. Just read the book... you will understand!)

Not a lot of hot steamy parts but it wasn't boring either.

Only issue I had was that the heroin was wealthy and had traveled and gone to some UPSCALE places in life but was oohing and awing o
Ronda Blanke Geiger
Sep 19, 2014 Ronda Blanke Geiger rated it really liked it
I found this book very interesting. It took a little bit to figure out what was going on but the clues are subtle and once you put them all together the story is very heart warming.
Sue Stewart
Jan 08, 2015 Sue Stewart rated it really liked it
This was such a good book - really loved seeing how it all played out. Parts were sexy and hot and laugh out loud funny!
KStar0330
Oct 14, 2014 KStar0330 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this sexy little romance novel. This was fun and silly, plus totally crazy, with a smidgen of angst tossed in as well. If you pay attention you figure out what's really going on and wonder how it can even work out in the end. Don't despair it will in its own time and the truth will be revealed. I would most definitely recommend this book. Remember it's a romance and not everyone enjoys the same books. There were a couple missing small words (the, on, to, etc.), but t ...more
BrnEyesTX
Dec 29, 2014 BrnEyesTX rated it really liked it
Just the fluffy upbeat, sweet twist romance story I was looking for.
Chaton
Jun 21, 2013 Chaton rated it did not like it
The pace of this book was far too fast - serial playboy becomes hopelessly pussywhipped devoted and loyal boyfriend (view spoiler) after one night in the sack? Nope, I just don't buy it.

(view spoiler)

This book was beyond predicta
Nicky
I liked this book. not a shocker for me because Ive liked most Kimbereley Reeves books that Ive read. But this one was a little different because there were so many typos and missing words at the beginning and end of the story.. The middle seemed fine it was just the beginning of the story and end.. I have to say thats something new with a Kimberley Reeves.. or maybe I just noticed it this time.. It was still an enjoyable read (I dont understand how the h didnt figure out the big surprise but it ...more
Nicole Naranjo
Dec 30, 2014 Nicole Naranjo rated it liked it
3.5stars
Little Miss Quirky
Little White Lies was ok. The story had so much promise to be something great had the heroine only had a bit of spunk. Not until the very end did she realise what the hero was up to... after he told her! It would have been so much more awesome had she not been such a whimpering fool and far more fun had she discovered his game and decided for payback. The kindle version is currently a freebie on amazon; so no fear of wasting you money would you like to read the book. ^_^
Shan ~ A ~
Nov 13, 2014 Shan ~ A ~ rated it liked it
Overall I liked the story, but I just couldn't understand why she didn't realize what was going on.

Being his personal assistant shouldn't she know more or at least the basics about Holt's personal life. I mean she seems to think that she knows him so well, enough to be in love with him anyway.

That's another thing I didn't understand, why was she in love with him. The way she describes him to his brother makes him sound like a horn dog(is that the right term, lol?)
Shannon
Nov 30, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
J.E.
Nov 27, 2013 J.E. rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute enjoyable read. Not sure why some of the reviews were negative. I agree there were some editorial issues. I did think the author broke character a couple of times, when she made a wealthy heroine ooh and ahhh over being in a nice hotel. I liked how the author managed the duplicity part of the story. Overall I enjoy the read, thought she did a good job, and I got my HEA.
Faye
Dec 09, 2012 Faye rated it it was ok
This is a light hearted story. Rich boss, rich beautiful secretary usually dressed to hide her beauty meet in the parking lot after a party when she is in "party dress." The boss claims to be his twin brother. Wild passion follows. EVentually truth prevails.
SandraE
Feb 08, 2012 SandraE rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
The identical twin storyline can often be annoying. It makes the woman look like an idiot and the twin look like an ass. I do not know how this book could be better than it is which is not that great. It gets 3 stars because I do not hate it not because I like it.
Diana
Mar 14, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
The identical twin storyline is rather unbelievable. It really makes the woman look like an idiot and the twin think she is dumb. It gets the 3 stars for being entertaining although I could have done without the detailed description in the sex scenes.
Diana
Aug 09, 2012 Diana rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book. Had a little problem with the deceiving aspect, not real sure I was totally okay with it. In the end, I did believe the HEA and I did like the H/h characters. Loved the grandmother. She was a hoot. Good read.
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Nov 24, 2013 Monica Akinyi Odhiambo rated it it was amazing
I was kinda caught off guard when I learnt Holt was Jack. Falling for twins can be tricky. Things seemed to move fast in this book. Reminded me of Fifty shades of grey hmm. Well it was worth a read.
Bobbi
Nov 17, 2012 Bobbi rated it liked it
couldn't put it down. while it wasn't. quite believable that Miranda had never seen her bosses brother and that she couldn't. find any way to tell them apart, it was still a very fun book.
The Free Book Cha...: Little White Lies, by Kimberley Reeves 2 19 Dec 02, 2012 07:41PM
  • Love By Accident
  • Table for Two
  • Under Currents
  • Emily's Affair
  • Two Days of a Dream
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • From the Chrysalis (The Devereux Cousins, #1)
  • The Long Road Home
  • What Goes Around...
  • A Needful Heart
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Against the Odds
Eighteen years of marriage to the same wonderful man who is and always will be the love of my life. He is the inspiration in my heart...
More about Kimberley Reeves...

The Carringtons (2 books)
  • In the Arms of a Stranger