Sleepy Hollow and the Road You'd Better Not Follow

Sleepy Hollow and the Road You'd Better Not Follow

4.73 of 5 stars 4.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Have you heard about the road you'd better not follow? Let's take a walk through the deep, dark hollow! Legend says a headless horseman wants your head. I don't think he's aware that he's actually dead! The Legend of Sleepy Hollow comes to life and turns into a chilling nightmare. This fun and frightening adventure is a night like no other for two curious friends who go in...more
Published February 1st 2012 by All Hallows' Eve Press

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepy Hollow and the Road You'd Better Not Follow

Michelle
I was very glad this book arrived before Halloween. I think it is a good take on the sleepy hollow story since it also provides history to the tale.I will gladly share this with my grandchildren and other kids that are over visiting.
Brandon Ingram
Fun Read! I really enjoyed the story and the illustrations!

I received my copy of the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Belinda Miller
I won this from the goodreads giveaway and my grandaughter was just delighted with this book!!
Donna
Feb 06, 2012 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: halloween
A fun and exciting trip though Sleepy Hollow. An adventure for the children in all of us.
Davia
Very cute! Read it to my 4 year old friend and she loved it!
Michael Thal
A little girl is trying to find her way home when she encounters a man on horseback with a pumpkin for a head. He chases the child to an old wooden bridge he is forbidden to cross. So he does what any self-respecting headless horseman would do. He hurls the pumpkin at the pig-tailed girl missing her crown by inches. Thus begins Donna Davies’ spin on Washington Irving’s The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Davies enlisted the artistic talent of Rob Peters, who brings her story to life with 14 colorful pic...more
Desiree
Won this book in a giveaway. Great story for children-- my 3 month old was actually captivated..probably because of the great rhyming.
Victoria
what a cute book!!! i love everything about this, the pictures were just amazing
Julia Dempster
Julia Dempster marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Kristen Elise
Kristen Elise marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Kris Cormier
Kris Cormier marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Toya Mitchell
Toya Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Michael Minter
Michael Minter marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
William McDonald
William McDonald marked it as to-read
Tiffany Thordal
Tiffany Thordal marked it as to-read
A.m.mathes
A.m.mathes marked it as to-read
Prlrox
Prlrox marked it as to-read
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Tenille
Tenille marked it as to-read
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Carl
Carl marked it as to-read
Sussie
Sussie marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sleepy Hollow 1 1 Mar 02, 2012 01:42PM
Goodreads Librari...: My Book is under Wrong Author 3 27 Feb 24, 2012 07:42AM
Hudson Valley, NY resident Donna Davies, dubbed the “Halloween Queen,” divides her time between authoring children’s books, lecturing to both adults and children, and curating several web sites dedicated to the holiday.

Ms. Davies’ first picture book for children, The Halloween Queen Who Lost Her Scream, thrilled audiences from 6 to 60 upon its release last October and earned her numerous opportuni...more
More about Donna Davies...
The Halloween Queen Who Lost Her Scream: An Evil Blue Fairy Tale Night of the Candy Creepers A Mostly Ghostly Christmas Bye, Bye Boogeyman