Start by marking “South of Surrender (Hearts of the Anemoi, #3)” as Want to Read:
South of Surrender (Hearts of the Anemoi, #3)

South of Surrender (Hearts of the Anemoi #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  725 ratings  ·  144 reviews

Published May 28th 2013 by Entangled Select (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about South of Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about South of Surrender

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
175th out of 3,148 books — 7,102 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensDown London Road by Samantha YoungNever Too Far by Abbi Glines
2013 Release books to read
78th out of 1,029 books — 2,301 voters

More lists with this book...

The BookChick
My Rating:
EXCELLENT: The characteristics of a 5 star story include: an awesome story; and, I love everything about the story — characters, plot, and story elements. I would definitely read it again and I would highly recommend it to a friend and rave about it often.
Initial Reaction:
I loved all the books in the "Hearts of the Anemoi" series but South of Surrender story was THE BEST ONE, hands down.

My Synopsis:
South of Surrender was intriguing, sexy, and an emotional roller coaster from begin
Claire Robinson
4 - "Dare To Know" Stars.

"I'll Take care of you."

"I know you will."

Chrys wasn't sure he would ever feel truly content without her warmth and courage and strength at his side.

There are so many beginnings in this book, I am excited to see where Laura takes us with the rest of this series. It's the first time she's made me cry, and I think this is the dirtiest sex that she has written (imo).

Anna's Herding Cats!
Want. It. Want it now! :) Loving this series!
Rachel Harris
Feb 08, 2012 Rachel Harris marked it as to-read
South of Surrender is just a superb read. Whilst romantic, it's different to the first books in the series as there is a huge amount of action; I predicted the Gods of the weather world would clash, and this book truly sees the beginning of the onslaught.

It's that descriptively perfect that I visualised everything. And I fell in love with Chrys and Laney, although in fairness, I never doubted I would based on how I fell for Owen and Zeph. And our God is a dirty boy, he's dominant, but has his o
Jul 24, 2014 MsRomanticReads rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of LotU

Not since Gena Showlater’s Lords of the Underworld series have I been so excited for a paranormal romance series. There’s a reason I mentioned LotU, although there are more favorite series on my list. If you’re familiar with Showalter’s story telling, you’ll know that she doesn’t shy away from shocking a reader or making you tear up during certain scenes. Well, neither does Laura Kaye, and I love her all the more for it.

This book can be read as a stand alone, but I suggest reading them in order.

SOUTH OF SURRENDER is the third storyline in Laura Kaye’s paranormal Heart of the Anemoi series focusing on the mythological gods of the seasons and the winds. This is Chrysander’s storyline-Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer.

Laura Kaye has brought together two strong but damaged souls in SOS. Chrysander believes himself responsible for his brother’s dark and tormented life. Time and again, Chrysander will search out Eurus-the god of the East wind-
Ever since the death sentence was passed on his brother by the Olympic gods Chrys has been trying to find a way to save Eurus's life. He needs to get Eurus to repent for his crimes and ask for forgiveness but Eurus is just as determined to carry on with his evil plans and the pair have been battling against each other for weeks. When Chrys is badly injured during a fight with Eurus and plummets to earth in his sacred animal form it is a human woman who saves his life and tends to his wounds. Lan ...more
After a fight with his law-breaking brother, Eurus, a battered and temporarily powerless Chrys Notos is plummeted to earth amid a raging thunderstorm in his animal form inside the barn of nearly blind stable owner Laney Summerlyn. As Laney tends Chrys' wounds she discovers the extent of his animal form but is even more shocked when he turns into a man.
Chrys is trying to salvage his brother's godhood and return some stolen property before Eurus gains even more strength as Chrys's season
Book Sniffers Anonymous
Due to a huge battle with his brother, Chrys finds himself wounded and unconscious in a barn. During the storm, Laney decides to check out the the horses in the barn to make sure they are okay. Only, when she makes her way to the back, she finds another horse and this horse has wings! Unsure what to do, she tries to bandage up the winged horse as best and she can and lays down with it in case it wakes up and needs any more medical attention. However, in the morning there is no longer a horse but ...more
Original post at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust

South of Surrender Laura Kaye Brings on Summer with a Major Heat Wave!

Heartwarming and heart-wrenching; in SOUTH OF SURRENDER, as always, Laura Kaye writes with her heart.

I first came across Laura with FOREVER FREED and I was very surprised and touched by the story. Since then, Laura has grown as a writer by leaps and bounds, moving from being a little expostiional and tentative to descriptive, bold and right on
You know, there are times I have to ask myself, "why haven't you read this author before now, Melissa?" I often feel like that once I read a book from an author I hadn't before, and the book turns out to be so kick butt.

So I suppose that gives away exactly what I thought about South of Surrender. I'm not much of a "gods and goddesses" lover, but I really got into this one. I hate that I hadn't read the first two books in the series, but that didn't deter me from following along with the storyli
I have been eagerly sitting on the review for this book for the last couple weeks waiting for its release to come out so I can write this review…
When Laura announced that the paperbacks were released early I was
I can’t be the only one excited for this release, right?
Each book gets better and better, this one series that I highly recommend if you like paranormal romance with mythology, steamy heated scenes, and so much more …
The book can be read as a standalone book but as soon as you read it
Oh wow! This book just took me on an incredible roller coaster ride of emotions and I'm still weak-kneed from it all. I thought the other two books in the series were good, but this one took it to a whole new level. It picked right up from where West of Want left off so yes, that means they must be read in order.

Chrysander Notos, the Supreme god of the south wind and summer and the youngest of the Anemoi brothers, has taken up the charge to seek vengeance against his older brother, Eurus, who in
Every one of the anemoi series just gets better. South of Surrender gives us two damaged heroes.

Laney Summerlyn is damaged on the outside.Afflicted with RP Laney is almost completely blind. But she sees through a heart of pure gold. Laney is strong, independent, loyal and kind. She is the kind of woman we all strive to be.

Chrysander Notos is broken on the inside. A beautiful exterior hides a broken soul in this man/god who has been conditioned to believe that all signs of affection and love brin
Sandra Dailey
South Of Surrender is amazing.
Each book in the Hearts of the Anemoi series goes deeper into the family and their history. They aren't books you forget between each one. You think about them until the next one arrives. I reached a point with South of Surrender that felt like my heart was wrenched from my body, then repaired and returned better than before.
Chrys is torn between guilt and loyalty. No matter what he does, someone he cares for is going to be hurt. We have to wait, biting nails, to f
Despite the fact that this was more of an open-ended story than the others, I have enjoyed this one the most in the series, so far. I'm excited to read Devlin's story and to see how everything plays out with Eurus. I sorta want to send some hate mail to you, Laura Kaye for what you did to us--and you KNOW what you did--but the emotion that it pulled from me is what set this one up as a 5-star read. Shock. Anger. Grief. On one hand I was in agony and on the other, totally gleeful that I was feeli ...more
Barbara ★
Oh man Laura Kaye is my new favorite romance author! She just know how to write the sexiest, sweetest troubled hero and adds the perfect heroine.

This one is no different. Chrysander Notos is blond, built, sweet as sin and his touch issues. Laney Summerlyn is blind, lonely and one of the sweetest heroines I'm met in a long while. This is a wonderfully romantic tale interspersed with terror from Eurus the evil brother who needs to be laid out. East of Ecstasy will end the series and bring that ba
I love Chrys!!!! I love Laura Kaye's writing. She always brings the entire range of emotions into her works, and this is no exception. Unbridled love, revenge, anger, pain, and heartbreak. This book is a full family affair, seeing all of our old friends of the series, yet strong enough to stand on it's own. Watching the gods battle, realizing that even gods can be mortal, and pitting brother against brother--lots of action to go with the emotional pull of the storyline.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
I'm loving this little series. Each of the Anemoi is fantastically unique and the way Kaye captures their individuality through their language and mannerisms is fantastic.
Chrys captured my heart and at the same time made me want to throttle him. That's typical with men, right? lol

Laney is one hell of a heroine. I absolutely loved her, the way she handles her handicap and the way she loves so fiercely, while still not giving up on herself.

My heart broke, though, for Boreas and Tabitha. I for sure
As Chrysander is fighting Eurus he falls to earth & lands in Laney Summerlyn's barn. Though she's legally blind, Laney braves the terribe storm, a result of the 2 brothers fighting, to check on her horses. she discovers a wounder pegasus (Chry) and cares for it, unfortunatly involving herself in the situation and placing her on Eurus's radar.
I loved how this novel had Chry & Laney's story. Updated Zyphos & Ella's story, updated Owen & Megan's story, hinted at Boreas story and st
Jan Meredith
Five stars, and yes, it deserves every one of them. Readers, be prepared to drop everything and read it to the end, because you aren't going to want to put it down. An unexpected twist left me in tears, but in a good way. Bring on the next installment, Ms. Kaye!
Chrys was probably my least favorite Anemoi. There was just something about him that made me want to slap the ever loving crap out of him throughout the entire book! Laney I adored though! I thought she was an amazing character and deserved so much better! There was one point in this book when someone dies that I wanted to throw my tablet against the wall, watch it shatter and never read anything more about these characters again, but a friend insisted that I read on and so I did. Turned out to ...more
4.5 Best one so far. But man I am bummed about something that happened.
This was not my favorite story of the three that I read in the bundle that I bought.

I actually liked Zeph and Owen's stories much better. I'm not exactly sure why. But Chrys was so damned whiny for much of the story. AND I still don't know what his real story is. Why doesn't he like touch?
I'm also mad with how the story ended. *mutter* I wanted more. And now I can't get that.

Anyways, I would definitely say that you should read the first two stories in this series before attempting South of Sur
3 Stars

"Dare to know"

BOOK: #3 of 4 of the completed HEARTS OF THE ANEMOI series. 225 pages.

POV: Duel alternating third person

EDITING: Only a few minor errors

STEAM: Medium, 3.5/5 - Anal play

HERO: Chrysander Notos, ancient--Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer. Can shift forms between human, animal (winged horse) and elemental. Charismatic. Doesn't like being touched and needs to be in control sexually.

HEROINE: Laney Summerlyn, 26 --Dark hair, deep blue eyes. Losing her vision
Synopsis: "She’s the only one who can see through his golden boy façade to the broken god within…

Chrysander Notos, Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer, is on a mission: save Eurus from his death sentence and prove his troubled brother can be redeemed. But Eurus fights back, triggering vicious summer storms that threaten the mortal realm, dangerously drain Chrys, and earn the ire of the Olympic gods who ordered Eurus dead.

Laney Summerlyn refuses to give up her grandfather’s horse farm, despi
South of Surrender was much better than the previous book, and it has a lot of focus on the plot. In fact, it's a direct continuation, since Eurus is to be punished for all of the stunts that he pulled in West of Want. He's supposed to get the death penalty, but his brother, Chrysander is trying to talk some sense into him in hopes that he can be redeemed. Well, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Eurus and Chrys have a fight, which causes Chrys to lose control of his powers and fall from t ...more
Oh, Chrysander. That poor man. No lie, I kinda have my hate on for the way the brothers' father treated them. All of them. Even the immensely evil Eurus. Sure, Eurus has his evil on in a BIG way NOW, but daddy dearest kinda did a number on him as a kid. I don't like that.

But this isn't Eurus's story. It's Chrysander's. Bright, radiant Chrysander who isn't quite the playboy everybody thinks he is. Or, well, I guess he is the playboy, but not for the reasons everybody thinks. *shakes fist at Papa
Kathie (katmom)
Wow, if you thought Zeph from West of Want West of Want West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2) by Laura Kaye was gorgeous, just wait until you read Chrysander's description. Yeah, hot doesn't begin to cover it. From the previous books, I thought he was going to be a total man-whore. Nope, he's really a great guy. Why else would he be trying to save his evil brother Eurus? And he tries, boy does he try. That usually means he gets beat upon.

Laney is losing her vision. When she finds a Pegasus in her barn, she can't quite believe it. She's even mo
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • Unscathed
  • The Entity Who Came for Christmas (Entity, #2.5)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Dreams of Ivory (Holiday, Montana, #5)
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Blood in the Stars
  • Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1)
  • What He Demands (My Alpha Billionaire, #2)
  • Eternal Demon (Mark of the Vampire, #5)
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Rush (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Levet (Guardians of Eternity, #9.5)
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long fascination wi ...more
More about Laura Kaye...

Hearts of the Anemoi (4 books)
  • North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1)
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi, #4)
Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1) Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2) Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1) Hard as You Can (Hard Ink, #2)

“She had given up something for which she had long yearned for the mere possibility of a love, and a life, with him. With him.
Yet, she had no idea how he felt about her. How powerfully love and admiration and pure, simple awe flowed through him for her.”
“You think about pulling my hair while I'm eating your pussy?” 2 likes