Start by marking “Diversion (Diversion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Diversion (Diversion, #1)

Diversion (Diversion #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,208 Ratings  ·  235 Reviews
This novel is temporarily out of print. Look for Diversion, 2nd Edition, to publish in June, 2014.

Drug dealers aren't always on the streets; sometimes they sit in offices and board rooms, selling merchandise in official looking bottles instead of little cellophane bags.

When given a choice between eight more years in prison or using his "expertise" to assist the Southeaster
Published March 18th 2012 by Amber Quill Press (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Diversion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diversion

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

Meet Lucky Lucklighter:

Do you like annoying MCs? MCs that are so snarky that you're not sure if you want to laugh or push them down a flight of stairs? If you have a weakness for a mouth that doesn't quit it (and not in the sexy way), then Lucky is the MC for you! Me? I sort of liked him. I found him amusing and entertaining, I'll say that. But did he work for me fully as a lead for a romance? *meh*

This book will be a winner for a lot of readers. Eden Winters did a great job with a s
Nancy
Posted at Outlaw Reviews

Richmond “Lucky” Lucklighter has served two years in prison for drug trafficking. He is given an opportunity to complete his remaining eight-year sentence using his criminally acquired skills to help strengthen weaknesses and find security gaps in the pharmaceutical industry supply chains. Lucky has just a month or so left of his sentence and is assigned to train his replacement.

Bo Schollenberger is a former marine who later becomes a pharmacist. He is struggling with hi
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
No rating. Probably my fastest DNF since I joined GR. I gave up on page 4. #sorrynotsorry

photo Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-31 um 22.04.31_zpsewwlkbtc.png

How about annoying when it comes to my book choices? I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. #lifeslittlemysteries I was neither high as a kite nor drunk as a skunk. I don't even touch this shit. Ever.

Anyway, there's not much to say except that I had a very bad feeling. Hopped over to GR and checked out a couple one-star reviews. Sometimes you just know…

It's not a resolution or anything, but I
Susan
Mar 12, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it

The first 5 chapters of this book HAD. ME. HOOKED. I was floored by what an exciting and smart story was being laid out before me!

Diversion...well, the best way to describe it w/o getting overly-detailed is to say it's about an organization that takes down pharmaceutical crime. And the players involved are some really fascinating characters.

Lucky is a self-serving bad-guy-turned-good-guy who's paying time for a crime by working for the Department of Diversion Prevention and Control. Think thief
Vio
Mar 22, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
Oh Lucky my dreamboat my darling "grins" a delight he made this story for me a lovable annoying smart arsed little shit who loved to rub Bo up the wrong way. I was in stitches many times so hilarious a wonderful duo they are a definitely a match made in heaven lol. The music the grocery shopping and all their little spats were wonderful even though Lucky would have driven me up the wall I seriously have no idea how Bo did not strangle him because I sure wanted to!

Despite the emotional hang ups a
Natasha
Guess what, you fabulous little book, you? You, my dear, are going on my favorites shelf!

Spoilers n shit.

I was lost but now I am found! One million stars to you, Eden Winters! But seriously. I’ve been in a bit of a book slump lately and haven’t been able to sit down and read one full book in a while. Well, I’m back to my old self and read this puppy in one day. Fantastic. I’ve had this guy sitting in my library for, like, a year, and just now I decided to give it a shot. Lucky and Bo might be o
Feliz
The blurb gives a good idea about what's going on so I won't delve too deeply into that in order to avoid spoilers. All I'm going to say is, I loved this book, plain and simple. It had everything I want and need in my reading - a gripping, well thought-out and believable story, fast action, humor, wit, and two main characters who were so flawed and human and yet so perfect for each other I couldn't help taking them deeply into my heart on the spot.

Lucky is such a cocky, sneery, vulnerable, love
Kaje Harper
Oct 10, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
For me, the most essential ingredient in a good story is great characters and that's where this book shines. Lucky is wonderful - tough, scrappy, smart-assed, intelligent, and deliberately abrasive, as he works desperately to maintain a veneer of don't-give-a-shit over his vulnerable core. Bo is his perfect match - strong, easygoing, quick with a comeback, and with hidden vulnerabilities of his own that Lucky can't ignore. They strike sparks off each other from the first encounter, and were a pu ...more
Jenni Lea
Jul 13, 2014 Jenni Lea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Done gone and fell in love. Damn it.

That was some of the best SMARK I've ever read! I have a new book boyfriend. His name is Lucky. Some Lucky-isms for ya:

* Uglier than homemade sin.

* I bet you could suck the sheets straight up my ass, city boy.

* Not too bad for twist-off wine. Guess it can't all be Boone's Farm.

* I don't like virginity, personally. It never lasts.

I need to read the next book RIGHT NOW!
Simsala
Not a small amount of research went into this pleasantly laid back prescription-drug-smuggling mystery but I could have done without some of the medical lingo.
What made the book for me was the romance...and the character of Lucky!

Lucky Lucklighter - an ex-con working for the SNBD and unwillingly partnered with trainee Bo.
Cat and dog at first sight Lucky gleefully rubs his cocky pain-in-the-ass attidude in his new partners face - too bad he finds his match in Bo...the verbal fights between these
Td
Mar 27, 2012 Td rated it it was amazing
All my buttons have been expertly pushed and I am a happy camper right now. A fascinating story in prescription pharmaceuticals which held my attention and interest throughout. Amazing characters in Lucky and Bo I absolutely adored and cared about, the side characters grabbed me as well. I enjoyed the shades of gray especially in the flashbacks making the the story feel more real and believable. The snark, the banter, the humor, the caring AND coffee aplenty! (view spoiler) ...more
Mandapanda
Mar 19, 2012 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
A really engrossing m/m romance that takes the reader into the world of prescription drug smuggling. The story is told from 'Lucky' Lucklighter's POV. He has traded in the last few years of a prison sentence to help the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau investigate and capture commercial drug traffickers. He only has a couple of months to go and his boss has hired a newbie, Bo, to replace him. Lucky has to teach him the ropes while they work undercover to take down a crooked pharmaceutical operation ...more
Xing
Nov 14, 2013 Xing rated it really liked it
I'm feeling like a dork today and rated this upon my first reread: 4.222222... stars!

Richmond E. Lucklighter ("Lucky"). 35 years old. 5 foot, 6 inches in height. Ex-con who stole drug shipments in the past. Served 2 years in prison, but traded the remaining 8 years of jail time by working as a drug diversion consultant for the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau's (SNB) Department of Diversion Prevention and Control. He's vulgar, cocky, loves to piss people off, and always has the last word in a conve
Ami

I am contemplating between giving this 3.5 and 4 stars. The things that go in favor for this book are:

*> "Lucky" Lucklighter is one of the most annoyingly entertaining characters ever. He's so determined to make his replacement, newbie/former marine Bo Schollenberger crazy ... and at times, I must applaud Bo for his patience of not actually killing Lucky *lol*. Their verbal sparring is delicious to read. But Lucky is not a two-dimensional character; the revelation of his past is eye-
Jenre
May 15, 2012 Jenre rated it it was amazing
I've been a huge fan of this author right from her first short story, Pirate's Gamble. In this book I feel that Eden is fully reaching that potential shown in her earlier works. The writing is leaner, more mature, but still retains that delightful deft touch that I'll always associate with her stories. Even when her characters are in the depths of despair she is never heavy handed, but the characters in this book, whilst not reaching anywhere near the ansgt of some of her books, still manage to ...more
Deeze
Mar 23, 2012 Deeze rated it really liked it
Despite taking me so long to finsh, down to my reading mood and not the book, I really enjoyed Lucky's story.

This is how books should be writen. A good strong plot, interesting and amusing characters, a deep and moving back story, chemistry between the main characters and a HEA lol.

Lucky was such a lovely character with his tough guy facade, while Bo, bless him, was just an all round sweetie lol. I certainly wouldn't say no to maybe an extra little snippit. Maybe Lucky and Bo go visiting Luckys
Fani
One of the best books I read recently. Not without flaws and Bo's character especially wasn't always consistent throughout the story, but I enjoyed it anyway so I can easily dismiss it. Plus, it kind of reminded me of the Cut & Run series which were a favorite of mine, and now that it's over, I like that I have a new series to read in their place.

This ends with a HFN and can be read as a stand alone. However, I look forward to reading the second book asap.
Gigi
Feb 21, 2015 Gigi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gigi by: Natasha
Fuck, that was SO GOOD! Loved it once I feel in love with Lucky.

Off to read the sequels!
Steph
Mar 23, 2014 Steph rated it really liked it
This book was a really great surprise.
I had been dying to read a new M/M series. Something sexy, clever and a little fun too, and this book definitely fit the bill.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because the storyline was moving a little too slowly for me for a while. Bar that, it was amazing.

I absolutely loved Lucky even though he is definitely an asshole sometimes. I lost count of the times he made me laugh out loud.

'Lucky peered at Bo's ass while humming Black Eyed Peas' My
Val Kovalin
Diversion is a stunningly successful blend of romantic comedy and thriller, centering on Lucky, a young gay Southern man who works for a regional version of the Drug Enforcement Administration in exchange for a reduced prison sentence.

He steals truckloads of pharmaceutical drugs to identify and strengthen the weaknesses in security procedures. He also infiltrates smuggling rings, which is how he meets Bo, his attractive new partner. Bo is a pharmacist with PTSD from the Iraq War, which once led
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
3 Stars...What a ride... Bumpy, but NEVERTHELESS, good!

Snarky Lucky, needs some love and it was ever so Sweeeeeeet!

The Book~

Lucky...hummm, he was irritating, some of his snarky remarks were not bad, but,were irritating at times~he was okay, the story line was a little bumpy, hard for me to get into, but....

Gosh, , I really, really liked Bo, he was great, although I couldn't really see him as a Marine guy. Nevertheless I liked his persona he was so freakin adorable, and he uses the same sweeter p
Jenna
Seems I'm pretty lonely in my dislike of this book, but I'm ok with that. It didn't work for me for several reasons. The first problem was the characters. I couldn't stand Lucky and I didn't like Bo either. Their entire interactions for the first half of the book were constant childish bickering rather than entertaining banter. I like smartass characters, but Lucky was just an ass without the clever humor. Bo wasn't anything special either. After they hooked up, they didn't act like squabbling s ...more
Trisha Harrington
Mar 16, 2013 Trisha Harrington rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I loved Lucky and Bo. They fit together nicely and Lucky and his snarky remarks made me laugh. The book was the first Eden Winters book I read and I was impressed. This book has it all for me and although the romance was not the most romantic, it left a lot of room to build on.

Out of the MC's my favourite was Lucky. Most would probably think I was mad to think that, but non the less it was the God's honest truth. I love snarky and tough characters. He was both of those things
Anke
Jan 21, 2013 Anke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reads
Funny, how sometimes the books that gave me the biggest problems to get into them, turn out to be the best reads. This is one of them. After getting further than the first few pages I was totally gripped. Lucky won me over and it was so engaging to read about him opening himself up to the possibility of something more than just a hook up. This was a wonderful book and Lucky and Bo will stay with me for some time, that's for sure.
Tessi4M
Jul 07, 2014 Tessi4M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

Lucky got involved in drug trafficking in his younger years. He got busted and sentenced to ten years. But instead of spending all of them in prison he was offered to work off his time in the Narcotics Bureau. Now he is almost done. His freedom just a few months away.
But before he can leave he needs to make sure his replacement, Bo, is properly trained and ready to take over.
This puts Bo and Lucky together on a huge case of p
Sandra
3.5 stars Overall I really enjoyed this book, even though I'll point out several things that I thought could have been done better. While I usually love a snarky asshole, I didn't really find Lucky funny. He'd often have inner one-liners that were more cheesy and lame, and was just a dick for the sake of being a dick to most people. But it didn't bother me per se.

He softened around Bo as the book went on, and that was sweet to see, although I wasn't feeling the chemistry as much as I wanted to.
ttg
Mar 22, 2014 ttg rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviews
3.5 stars - A fun romantic suspense about a seasoned drug diversion agent training his replacement, and finding that his plan to leave gets complicated when “feelings” for someone else pop up.

What I liked: I appreciated that MC Lucky was pretty much an asshole throughout the entire book. He mellows a little bit by letting newbie Bo in, but overall, still kind of a dick, and it was nice change of pace to see a character change, but not totally. And even though he’s kind of a jerk, he’s not unread
Librarian Kate
Nov 12, 2012 Librarian Kate rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story - lots of fascinating but not confusing detail in the setup and backstory, that lets the reader focus on the development of the relationship between Lucky and his new partner Bo. I'm really picky about how and how often the backstory gets revealed, and the details about both characters were measured out in just the right amounts, at just the right time to keep me invested in understanding them, and seeing how they could help each other. They both got more interesting as the story ...more
Snowtulip
Jul 03, 2012 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, cops, own
The cover kept me from picking this book up (just didn't work for me personally) and this makes me sad because I could have read this wonderful book sooner!

What I abolutely loved were two characters with wonderful banter, hidden scars, hidden betrayals, and just enough trust issues to potentially trust in each other.

The plot was thick and understandable (also pleny of action), which added substance to the story line and really showed Lucky and Bo's interactions well.

I was kept intrigued by every
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Nov 16, 2012 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it really liked it
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Valerie~Valruca
I enjoy this author and this book was no exception. There was snarky humor, camaraderie and lots of hotness between the two MC's, Lucky and Bo. The story was very good, an action packed adventure law enforcement saga, but of a totally different type from the usual run of the mill stories.

Others have reviewed the plot in more detail than I do here, I'd just say that if you're thinking of reading this, just do it. You won't be disappointed. I found it hard to put down.
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • A Casual Weekend Thing (Least Likely Partnership, #1)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Half Moon Chambers
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Loving Luki Vasquez (Vasquez & James, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Infected: Shift  (Infected, #5)
  • Witness
  • You Get Full Credit For Being Alive
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
You will know Eden Winters by her distinctive white plumage and exuberant cry of “Hey, y’all!” in a Southern US drawl so thick it renders even the simplest of words unrecognizable. Watch out, she hugs!

Driven by insatiable curiosity, she possibly holds the world’s record for curriculum changes to the point that she’s never quite earned a degree but is a force to be reckoned with at Trivial Pursuit.
More about Eden Winters...

Diversion (5 books)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Corruption (Diversion #3)
  • Manipulation (Diversion #4)
  • Redemption (Diversion #5)

“Lucky bit down on his tongue before, "You're so full of shit I'm surprised your eyes aren't brown," clawed its way out of his mouth.” 1 likes
“I...um...started slow, a little here and there, gradually increasing..." Holy shit! "You didn't!" Lucky ping-ponged between outrage and elation. "Yeah, I did. I switched you to decaf...and stevia." "You are such a bastard. A card-carrying, no-holds-barred bastard.” 1 likes