Start by marking “Mr. Mean (Mr. Men Library)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Mean (Mr. Men Library)

Mr. Mean (Mr. Men #19)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  197 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Meet Mr Mean in this charming tale from the world of Mr Men.
Published (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Mean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Mean

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWendall by Othen Donald Dale CummingsMadeline by Ludwig BemelmansWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
Books for six-year-olds
84th out of 503 books — 230 voters
Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
92nd out of 106 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Sarah Adamson
Mar 23, 2015 Sarah Adamson rated it really liked it
Mr Mean is mean - had to explain the meaning of that word but now I expect to hear it often! As with all of these delightful Mr Men books, Mr Mean is introduced as the meanest person around until he gets his lesson in better behavior!
Aug 28, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
“Mr. Mean” is part of the Mr. Men and Little Miss collection of books, and is a light hearted and enjoyable story for both children and adults. Mr. Mean’s personality and physical attributes are directly reflective of his name, and his dominant personality traits highlight a moral lesson to be learnt.

After leading an extremely minimalistic lifestyle and being overly cautious with money, Mr. Mean is approached by a Wizard seeking help. Mr. Mean is eventually shown the error of his ways, with a h
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Simone
Feb 01, 2015 Simone rated it really liked it
He had to stop being mean so he didn't turn into a vegetable.
Phil Syphe
Mar 27, 2015 Phil Syphe rated it it was amazing
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Godzilla
Dec 04, 2009 Godzilla rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, 2009
Make
Nov 01, 2011 Make rated it it was amazing
This book is very interesting for everybody, children and adults. In fact, it was written for kids, and I read it, when I was little. But from time to time, I read it again, and I always find something interesting in Hargreaves' books. Mr. Mean contains a lot of funny moments, but it also teaches children a lesson, not to be mean, but spend their money, and help out others around them, that is less fortunate people. The author's presentation of the characters is done in a rather funny way. I esp ...more
Ben
Mar 07, 2016 Ben rated it it was amazing
One of the very best Mr Men books.
~LAURA~ ~Jones~
Mar 20, 2009 ~LAURA~ ~Jones~ rated it it was amazing
The MR. Men books are an English book my mom had when she was younger. She let me read them and each as a different story. This one is about Mr. Mean. He is mean to everyone and everything. He is a sour puse who never has fun.
Gavin
Jun 15, 2008 Gavin rated it it was amazing
Mr. Mean is a variation on A Christmas Carol. He's a miser who is shown the error of his ways and begins to be lavish with his millions.
Ben
Oct 30, 2007 Ben rated it it was amazing
i didn't like the ending much. but the fact that he sends lumps of coal for xmas presents is great (i'm considering doing that myself).
τλιϓλ
Jul 05, 2013 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing
After what the wizard did to him to teach him a lesson I'm sure he stopped being so meanie.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Jessica Turner
Jessica Turner rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Milena
Milena rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Sam
Sam added it
Jun 04, 2016
Justin Tyler
Justin Tyler marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Amana
Amana marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
FantomWriter
FantomWriter marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Esquivelkiddos
Esquivelkiddos marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Nicola
Nicola added it
May 18, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 11, 2016
Gemma Barker
Gemma Barker rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
David Scherschel
David Scherschel marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
nap385
nap385 added it
Jun 02, 2016
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Anders
Anders added it
Apr 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • That's Not My Monster
  • Tyrannosaurus Drip
  • Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear
  • I am Helping (Little Critter Toddler Books)
  • Mouse's First Snow
  • Sharks And Other Sea Monsters
  • Rawr!
  • Bear's First Christmas
  • Pumpkin Town!  Or, Nothing Is Better and Worse Than Pumpkins
  • The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts
  • Splat the Cat: The Name of the Game
  • Mittens
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Mr. Greedy (Mr. Men, #2)
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey (Mr. Men, #4)
  • Mr. Sneeze (Mr. Men, #5)
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7)
  • Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8)
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Mr. Silly (Mr. Men, #10)