Start by marking “The Men Made of Stone” as Want to Read:
The Men Made of Stone
Open Preview read excerpt* *Different edition

The Men Made of Stone

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

At what point does justice become revenge? Against the backdrop of New York City’s Chinatown, THE MEN MADE OF STONE follows two young men as they ascend the ranks of the city’s criminal gangland and, in the process, discover that everyone has a different answer to that question.

One man, known only as
Published January 20th 2012 by Grifters

To ask other readers questions about The Men Made of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Men Made of Stone

Kimberly Hicks
Aug 11, 2014 Kimberly Hicks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers with a strong stomach and likes gangster books
Recommended to Kimberly by: Author, Logan Lo
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Author, Logan Lo, gave me a courtesy copy of this novel for my review.

In a world where circumstances can dictate the course your life will follow, does it mean we can't decide to change its direction? If it weren't for evil, would we know what being 'good' means? In this life, you must have balance. And who knows better about order than an organized gang. When a child is young, for some, they don't sit down and decide, "Hey, when I grow up, I want to be a gang member in organized crime." Sometim
Gene Kobilansky
From my Amazon review:

I enjoy Logan's writing on his blog, but this book is a whole different animal. It's a gritty read about New York City's Chinatown in the 90s.

I've read some other reviews that say this book is profanity laden - true, but it's realistic; if anything I'd expect more swearing in conversations with gangsters.

Don't be fooled by the low price tag, the quality of writing is very professional, and the plot-line exciting enough that I found myself hoping that Men Made of Stone will
Mary
Not quite sure what to make of this little book. I downloaded it for free (Thanks Logan!) and read it on my smartphone. That probably altered my experience of it. Anyhow, I did read it pretty fast as I wanted to know what happened to the characters... although I can't say that I could relate to any of them on a personal level. They just did not seem like real people. Seems more like a movie than a novel in that regard.
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Ron Zwart
Ron Zwart marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Xav
Xav marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Lili
Lili is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2013
Matthew Perry
Matthew Perry marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Richard Leblanc
Richard Leblanc is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2012
Sally
Sally is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2012
Beat Box
Beat Box is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2012
Janatow
Janatow is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2012
Adam
Adam added it
May 22, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Jason Young
Jason Young marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Les
Les added it
Apr 01, 2012
Don't know why people always write about themselves in third person - "Logan is a native New Yorker and lives with his wife and a plant named Harold." Yet they do.

The truth is that I actually am a native New Yorker and I do live with my wife and a plant named Harold. And professionally, I'm an intellectual property attorney and a commercial real estate appraiser.

But there's this saying that we are
More about Logan Lo...
A Great First Date A Great Online Dating Profile: 30 Tips to Get Noticed and Get More Responses A Great First Date: The Guide to this Postmodern Love A Great Online Dating Profile: 30 Tips to Get Noticed and Get More Responses