To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)

To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat #1)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this battle of wills, passion becomes front-page news.

He challenged her legacy.
She challenged him to love.

In 1850s South Carolina, ladies with ambition and a penchant for wearing trousers are rare indeed. But that’s Charlotte Whitney all over. Not only does Charlie yearn to resurrect her late father’s newspaper, she wants to be its editor. That position, however, has be...more
Published February 5th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about To Seduce a Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Seduce a Rogue

Allie
Feb 09, 2012 Allie marked it as to-read
Free on kindle today 2.9.12!
Pamela
**I actually give this a 4.5 rating.**

Charlie Whitney grew up working alongside her father at his newspaper. She's very intelligent, well read and has a mind of her own. She doesn't really care what a proper lady should be doing. She's happy the way she is. When her father dies, the newspaper is turned over to Adam Chase, who only wants to get the newspaper back to the greatness it once was but he never expected he'd have to deal with someone like Charlie.

Adam and Charlie clash from the start,...more
Amy
As at least one other reviewer mentioned, the title is misleading. Generally I would think the title would describe at least one character. I don't think it described either. The story itself was OK. Quite a few typos or editorial mistakes that were irritating. And one historical oops that bothered me. Kudzu was mentioned by characters a few different times in the story. Kudzu was not introduced in the USA until the 1870's, at least 20 years after the time-line of this story.
Beth German
First of all, books that have the following words in them can sometimes be misleading by the title...rogue, scoundrel, seduce, desire, ravished, etc. I'm not really sure that this was the best title for this book because I really didn't feel like the main male character was a rogue. Just a guy with some family tragedy in his past. This was actually a fairly tame love story that was predictable but entertaining and sweet. Great easy reading for a Thanksgiving weekend! Enjoyed it and even read sec...more
Kbee
Started this book about 2 week ago, can't get into it, really.
I read a page here and there trying to catch the feeling of the story but...
Ok, it's July 22 and I'm still at it. The book keeps dragging on. I'm now about 38% through it. It's getting better or maybe the caracters are coming clearer or...I don't know. Just never had that kinda feeling for a book. Don't know why but it feels like I have to keep hamering at it to se what it's all about.

8th of October finaly done!!
This book was way to l...more
Zoe
Such a lovely story, with highly complex characters and a fascinating look into how much pioneering women had to be extremely capable, independent and strong. Then you get to the angst of the main male character and the inner deapths of his past and it all comes together so perfectly. A truly stunning piece of writing.
Emily
I wish this book had a different title, but in spite of it, it was a good read. The characters were honest and amusing. The situations were believable. I'd recommend.
Cindy DeMoville
Really liked this book :) Good one :)
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Linda Mccleskey
Linda Mccleskey marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Kalliopi D.
Kalliopi D. marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Connie Kline
Connie Kline marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Nurka
Nurka added it
Jul 14, 2014
Krysta Michele
Krysta Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Danita Moon
Danita Moon marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Becci Boersema
Becci Boersema marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Lilly ~ Lihllith~
Lilly ~ Lihllith~ marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Great Reviews about this author and TO SEDUCE A ROGUE 1 4 Feb 04, 2012 02:49PM
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
  • Distracting the Duchess
  • A Ravishing Redhead (Wedded Women Quartet, #2)
  • Forever Mine (The Rumor, #0.5)
  • One True Love
  • California Caress
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Defiant Impostor
  • Texas Hold Him
  • The Countess (Bride Quest, #4)
  • Arrow to the Heart
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Captured
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Love from the Ashes
  • To Seduce an Earl (Seduction, #1)
  • A Scandalous Charade (Scandalous, #2)
Check out the new release of her novels on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords in November 2011!
***
Tides of Passion
National Reader's Choice~Best Long Historical
Beacon Award~Best Historical
HOLT Medallion Finalist~Best Historical
***
Tracy’s story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencer’s Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she d...more
More about Tracy Sumner...
Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance) To Desire a Scoundrel (Southern Heat, #2) Tides Of Passion Carolina Rose Christmas Kisses