Start by marking “Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)

Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)

Years ago while vacationing in Scotland, Katherine St. Claire believed she’d found the love of her life. She shared a night of passion with a stranger, in a hotel castle called Duncreag. But come morning, her lover had disappeared. And she has spent the last eight years trying to convince herself it was all a dream...

Living in the 15th century, Iain Mackintosh remains hau
Published November 15th 2011 (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Everything in Its Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything in Its Time

Wendy
Dec 26, 2013 Wendy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, time-travel
I am a big fan of time travel stories. I have read many. This book was on sale, and it was a time travel story, so I thought, "Why not?" Well, after reading it, I will offer a few reason "why not".

If you are going to do a time travel story successfully, you can go one of 2 ways -

1. Scientific - With the use of actual scientific knowledge and scientific speculation, the author creates a plausible explanation for the time travel. (The Time Machine, The Butterfly Effect, etc.)

2. Mystical - The rea
Claudia
I struggled a bit with the story and maybe by the end of my review I have a solution to my dilemma.

So, i love time travel stories and if there's some romance thrown in the mix even better. The book had just that and I enjoyed it a lot.
Iain and Katrine's love seemed suspended/ list in space. They found each other when they were young and they couldn't forget their encounter.
Years later Iain is still pinning for his "dream" girl and is faced with becoming a Laird and maybe take a wife.
Katrine is m
Shirl
Feb 22, 2012 Shirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book. The first half I though was ok and was good, but then surprises, action, adventure and romance. I loved the 2nd half of book. I couldn't put it down. Don't want to give anything away so I won't go into any details. Good read. I was alittle disappointed in that Iain's character was alittle weak and he didn't seem like a very macho laird. That is why I dropped a star.
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Feb 09, 2012 Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ by: Carolyn
What a wonderful story that proof the power of love. I got it today loaned by Carolyn and read it in one-sitting. It was everything I was hoping for. Love love love this story!!

Definitely a good read for anyone who loves Time Travel.
Thom Swennes
Apr 29, 2016 Thom Swennes rated it really liked it
It was only one night, now almost just a dream, with few tangibles but a cairngorm earring and a feeling of lingering love and desire. It was only a one night stand but its essence lingers on them both for years; promising more, promising everything.
Katherine St Claire was on a vacation in the Scottish Highlands. The once proud Castle of Duncreag is now an inn, offering old world charms from five-hundred years earlier. She fell into an exhausted sleep after an eventful day and woke, sometime in
Natalie E. Ramm
Sep 17, 2012 Natalie E. Ramm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything in its Time reminded me a lot of Outlander (which is one of my favorite romances ever!). A modern day girl, Katherine St. Claire, manages to go back in time to the 15th century and sleep with a sexy Scottish Laird named Ian. She and he both think it’s a dream, but feel incredibly lost without each other. For eight years they live separately in their own centuries, until Katherine decides it’s time to see if that dream might be a reality. When things don’t turn out exactly as she plann ...more
Suzanne
Sep 05, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and congratulate the author on a story well told. The characters were all strong, believable people that you would meet in real life and they jumped off the page to become my friends. The story rolled along nicely and you could really feel the intensity of the love between Katherine and Iain as well as the strong family bond between Katherine and her brother Jeff.

The only frustration for me was how easily Iain believed her when she confessed she came from 500 years in
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This isn't the greatest. The story is a bit slow in spots, and the characters are so dense at times that I found myself secretly fantasizing about them all being killed...

But I'm a sucker for time travel romance, so I enjoyed it.
Elaine
Mar 31, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dee-davis
Wow. Shirl recommended this book to me. It started a little slow but halfway through, it just got better and better!. I will not be putting this down until it is finished!

Loved this book! I am making myself be really strict with giving 5 only to really amazing books. (Daughter says I rate too high!)
JLS
Dec 20, 2011 JLS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Highlanders,Time Travel,Mystery,Deception and emotional! 5 Star all the way!
Laura P
Listened to the audiobook....narration was okay, but not great. It was hard to get used to a male narrator doing the female voices. Plot was predictable, but not bad.
Angela Covarrubias
Review to come.
Sherri Hunter
Publishers like Jove made it possible for readers like me to gorge themselves on various romance sub-genres like time travel. After reading my first time travel romance, I was completely smitten with the idea of true love crossing the barriers of time and space. I was so smitten, in fact, it bordered on obsession as I trolled every bookstore in my path looking for every time travel romance I could find. When Jove began publishing their Time Passages line, I was determined to acquire a copy of ev ...more
Jessica
I enjoyed the book and appreciated such a relief of characters I could easily like but unfortunately it's not one I'll be coming back to read again. It wasn't bad, there were just some things that bothered that I couldn't overlook. The first being, that the book was incredibly long and dragged in some parts where it would have been better off cutting out a good chunk of scenes that didn't really add anything to the story. I have no problem with long books, if I'm loving a book I want it to go on ...more
Vana
Feb 26, 2017 Vana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Could not finish this crap. Beautiful cover, though.
Katrina
Feb 14, 2017 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the story, this is the first book I have read by Dee Davis and loved it. Also got the audible version read by Ross Pendleton it was great.
Katie
Feb 07, 2017 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was a time I was totally into time travel medieval Scottish romances, but then I found a fondness for just medieval Scottish romances. This book has me hooked once more. It was intense, filled with such love between Iain and Katherine. Love so powerful and beautiful you wish it was yours. So many ups and downs that it keeps you on the edge of your seat! Climatic suspense makes it so hard to put the book down. Highly recommend!
Judi
Jun 12, 2016 Judi rated it it was amazing
You have to suspend reality to read these romances or they don't work. Even so, there were a few things that bothered me about the mechanics of the time travel. Other than that, this was a fantastic story! The characters were wonderful. Though the story reminded me of Outlander, Iain is no Jaimie. He's just not consistent. At times he seems a bit of a pushover and at other times he's a rock. I guess he's too easy-going. But Katherine is wonderful. And they remain focused on each other even when ...more
Bunga
Entahlah... Malas maneruskan. Mungkin karena proses jatuh cintanya terlalu cepat ya. Ceritanya si Hero & Heroinenya pernah one night stand, dan masih kebayang-bayang selama 8 tahun. 8 Tahun! Rasanya terlalu aneh aja sih kenapa harus selama itu. Dan cuma one night stand, tapi keduanya udah ngerasa jadi soulmate.

Hampir separuh buku di awal dihabiskan untuk menceritakan kehidupan hero dan heroine-nya pasca one night stand yang bersejarah itu. Membosankan, menurut saya. Alurnya terlalu lambat d
Tracey Brown
I've had this book for ages and decided to give it a go even though i have read really mixed reviews i was not disappointed it was well written and the characters were good. I liked Ian and Katherine and the side characters of her brother and his cousin were good. without disclosing too much about the plot i liked the way the time travel aspect was handled i do struggle sometimes with the love at first sight aspect of some books but i still enjoyed this book immensely. I will read the rest of th ...more
So I just wrote a whole big long review for this book and submitted it only to find that Goodreads was under maintenance and I then Lost my review! I'm still contemplating weather or not I should cry.

So in loo of my long review I'll just say this. I LOVED this book and It's now in my 20 twenty favorites of all time. The author writes a wonderful and engaging story with plenty of twists that keep you engaged! With murder plots, Scotland, time travel, romance and a family legend it's rather hard
Jennette
Dec 27, 2013 Jennette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I love time travel books. This captured my imagination right from the beginning. The story kept me interested throughout with just enough suspense and love. The ending nicely wrapped up everything with a perfect happily ever after package. I bought this book on audio and the narrator has a beautiful voice that made the characters come to life. I was disappointed not to find book 2 on audio just so I could listen to Ross Pendleton again. I think I will probably look for the next book the next tim ...more
Holly Gipson
I would have enjoyed this more had it not been for the insta-love (they are madly IN LOVE after one night of random sex with a stranger?) and the grand-father paradox (e.g., the letter (view spoiler) ...more
Anna
Jul 07, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel

Set in Scotland 1467 and modern day, what a wonderful story I could not put this book down, it had everything.. Time Travel, mystery, suspence and of course Love... Iain and Katherine were in love from the very beginning and it was refreshing to read of a love that strong, especially from Iain who wasn't ashamed to show or express his feelings for Katherine. Loved it, will definitely be reading Dee Davis's earlier books.
Noelle
May 13, 2016 Noelle rated it it was ok
Take out all of the ridiculous romance (really? They're madly in love with each other after one night of pain, where they didn't even talk to each other?), and the bizarre time travel paradoxes (view spoiler), and it would have been a decent historical novel. Not great, but decent.
Annie Marshall
Sep 03, 2012 Annie Marshall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible read!!!

"Everything in Its Time" is packed with action, romance, passion, and a 'who-done-it' mystery that will keep you enthralled from page one to the very end.

Dee Davis knows exactly how to tug at the heartstrings to create a phenomenal Scottish Time-Travel Romance! I'm looking forward to reading more from her.
Ronda Ray Rawls
Oct 04, 2016 Ronda Ray Rawls rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Omg! I did not want this story to end! I was totally engulfed in this story of Katherine &Iian. The characters were so alive and colorful, and the scene equally vibrant in my minds eye so to say... The history itself, the time period both past and present blended together magnificently! This one is a keeper!
Virginia
Dec 03, 2012 Virginia rated it liked it
Everything you'd expect from a 'time travel romance' book.....and not a thing more. :) If, like me, you enjoy an occasional dip into the time travel genre then this is just fine. No great lit, no memorable prose...just the same old thing as most any other (barring the Outlander series of course!) A nice, gentle, mindless read to while away a day or two.
Jenni
Aug 24, 2012 Jenni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Well it started out with some serious adult content that I had to skip over but after that it was ok until more adult content that needed to be skipped over. I have been in love with time travel books since Outlander and find that I really enjoy the English/Scottish history ones. I liked the adventure in this one and while it was semi-predictable I still enjoyed it.
can anyone 4 11 Jan 14, 2015 07:54AM
Going Back in Time 1 6 Jun 28, 2013 11:48AM
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • Circles in Time
  • Wings of the Storm
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)
  • A Slip in Time
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • The Last Highlander
  • Knight Errant (Knight Errant #1)
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Nothing But Time
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance, #2)
  • Sixpence Bride
  • The Elsingham Portrait
  • Silent Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • Frankly, My Dear (Creole Historical, #1)
  • Lost In The Mist Of Time
Award winning author Dee Davis worked in association management before turning her had to writing. Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she ...more
More about Dee Davis...

Time After Time (4 books)
  • Cottage in the Mist (Time After Time #2)
  • Wild Highland Rose (Time After Time #3)
  • The Promise (Time After Time #4)