Start by marking “Closure, Limited” as Want to Read:
Closure, Limited

Closure, Limited

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  625 ratings  ·  65 reviews
A terrifying new collection of short stories from the master of zombie fiction, Max Brooks, bestselling author of World War Z, The Zombie Survival Guide and Recorded Attacks.
Published February 16th 2012 by Gerald Duckworth & Co Ltd (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Closure, Limited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closure, Limited

Becky
I really enjoy Max Brooks' stories. I love his insightful way of looking at the zombie culture, what it represents, what it means for us, what we would, or could, do about it if it were to occur.

I recently recommended Max's World War Z to a friend, and loaned him my copy so he could read it. (Don't worry, it's back in my possession now, and unharmed. :D) He returned it with the comment that it was probably one of the best stories about society in crisis he'd ever read, and that the realism was i
Georgina
This is a great little book with a few short zombie stories...If you're expecting descriptions of gore however then avoid this book, this looks more at the survivors and the war they wage upon the undead in order to survive. It deals with self sacrifice, hope and strategy. I particularly enjoyed the story 'The Extinction Parade' because it dealt with vampires too..

All in all a great book if you're after something to read in a day, however it fell short of 5 stars because I would have liked to ha
Chris Bissette
This collection of four stories from World War Z author Max Brooks is good fun, and a nice addition to his growing body of WWZ-related works.

The book opens and closes with stories told in the same style as World War Z - that is, interviews with survivors of the war. It's a style that works well for Brooks, and I love getting a glimpse into the minds of the different characters that he has populated his world with. Opening story 'Closure, Limitied' (the title story of the collection) is the best
Shiv
I don't feel that such a short "book" deserves a long review, so it won't get one. Four stories are in this book, none of which are especially good or well written. One features vampires which, for me, was a complete turn off. I love zombies and all they represent, however I find vampires uninteresting and personally would prefer to keep the two undead creatures far distant from each other!

Annoyed by that, the poor quality of the stories, and the sense that I'd paid to read something that has b
Rodrigo Campos
Para ser mi primera lectura de temática Zombie, me pareció "entretenido", tiene 4 pequeñas historias que, según pude leer en internet son de formato similar al libro anterior del mismo autor: "Guerra Mundial Z", [el cuál aún no leo pero pretendo leer próximamente].

La primera de ellas titulada "El camino a la extinción", a mi parecer fue la mejor, explica de manera un tanto humorística la lucha entre vivos y no-muertos, desde el particular punto de vista de un "ser" que se alimenta de humanos (no
Mhairi
Originally posted at Mhairi Reads.

Coming in at a baby 124 pages, Max Brook’s collection of four short stories continues on from the amazing World War Z. It took me a while to pick up a copy of this, only because it was initially retailing at around $20 (AU) at my local bookstore and I couldn’t justify spending that much on a tiny book, even if its predecessor is one of my all time favourite novels.

I came to this with pretty high expectations. Of the four stories, I most enjoyed ‘The Extinction P
Jim Shaughnessy
Sadly, Brooks fails to live up to the quality of his previous work here. Weak storylines, lack of resolution and one story that is too bizarre even for zombie fiction makes this book one to not worry about missing.
Adam
A very short book - disappointingly short. The stories within were worth reading, however perhaps only buy this book if on offer.
Dawn Peers
"No closure, whatsoever"

I am a huge fan of Max Brooks' work and of World War Z, as I am sure practically everyone who buys this is.

If you have never read any of Brooks' work before, do not buy this as a first foray in to his work, it doesn't do him justice at all.

I was so excited to hear another Brooks' compendium of stories was coming out. Imagine my disappointment when a wafer thin 'tome' with paper quality matching that of a pulp paperback landed on my door.

Still, not to be one to judge the b
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Max Brooks has such a way of bringing his writing to life that I can scarcely wrap my mind around it. He mingles fantasy and the paranormal so seamlessly into our reality that I find myself getting ready to defend myself against the "subdead" hordes and pray I have enough knowledge to survive the onslaught.

I truly enjoyed all the short stories in this small anthology. I enjoyed the contrasts of each story while enjoying the similarities in turn.

The "Introduction" gives a nice introduction into t
Marcos Bolaños
Un libro demasiado corto con 4 historias, 2 de las cuales al parecer fueron "deshechadas" de su magnifico libro World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War y con buena razón, ya que esas dos historias no estaban a la altura de las que si fueron incluidas en el otro libro.

La mas rescatable, desde mi punto de vista, es la historia de los vampiros, probablemente por ser la mas larga, pero te da una visión totalmente diferente a lo que ya se había visto, por eso me gusto.

Este libro es para alguie
David McDonald
Closure, Limited and other zombie tales is written by Max Brooks, the man behind World War Z, one of my favourite books EVER.

So, with this much anticipation built up, you can imagine my disappointment when this book arrived and I found it to be very slim indeed. In fact, there's less than 130 pages and only four short stories, of which, Closure, Limited only takes up TWELVE pages.

Trying to set this negative feeling aside, I started reading and easily chewed my way through the contents of this bo
Tom
The book was alright; the stories were riveting to read and it was short enough to digest in a single day, although you can probably get more from it. Again, it is really fantastically written and a solid read. The small collection is let down by two stories: the first story is taken from the World War Z book; and while fun it's not really new. If you'd read Z you can probably just skip it.
The second let down was the incorporation of Vampires in the the Extinction story. Brooks' work has alway
Valeottantadue
non ho letto World War Z e la mia conoscenza di Brooks si limita a questo libercolo. Davvero poco in effetti..
Si tratta di 4 storie brevi a tema zombie. la prima la parata degli estinti è quella che mi è piaciuta di più. All'inizio non riuscivo a capire chi o meglio cosa fosse il protagonista,non capivo la curiosità morbosa di voler vedere i non morti e il fatto che questi non potessero nuocerlo,anzi nemmeno lo notano, come sottolinea lui stesso..beh era anche lui un non morto..ma di natura div
Beau Johnston
I wish the book was longer, but that is only because the stories were so good. One or two of the stories have sad twists that cause you to pause for a moment or two.

WARNING: Do not read this book before reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.
Matteo Pellegrini

In un mondo devastato da scenari apocalittici, vampiri e zombi si contendono la vittoria sull'umanità per garantirsi la sopravvivenza eterna. Una giovane operaia cinese ricorda con orrore l'attacco dei morti viventi alla Grande muraglia. Fred è rinchiuso in uno stanzino senza cibo né acqua da non sa più quanti giorni, braccato da orde di zombi che gemono e si agitano là fuori. Un "sopravvissuto" racconta il suo nuovo lavoro: ricostruire i corpi e gli effetti personali delle vittime della guerra

L.K. Jay
I was introduced to this by a friend and by reading this series of short stories, I was encouraged to read World War Z by the same author.

It does help to have read the novel first before reading these as you will understand the world better but nonetheless, I was able to understand the basic principles of the zombie world. I liked the tone of the stories, they treated their subject seriously, thus lending them more credibility rather than being tongue in cheek and losing their impact.

I thought i
Ramon Yáñez lópez
Excelentes historias (4) sobre el apocalipsis zombie, Dos de ellas en el universo de guerra mundial zombie.

El mas curioso y largo el primero en el que unos vampiros observan la extinci��n humana y a la vez su propia extinci��n al quedarse sin sustento. Magnifico.
Colin
I powered through this on my lunch breaks at work over the past week. A very enjoyable little read. Normally I'm not a fan of short stories, because if they're bad, well... they're bad, and if they're good, then it leaves you with literary blue-balls, despite how enjoyable they might have been.

This gets four stars purely for the segment about an undead plague from the point of view of a vampire. Zombies and vampires are my two favourite fictional supernatural phenomena, and this story looked at
Gretchen
I very much enjoyed the two stories that bookend the collection, because both are further tales from WWZ. The other two stories were fair to okay. I enjoyed the vampire tale more than the other one, which I didn't find engaging.
Max Gearing
I loved this book i bought it the other day beacuse i love max brooks and his work it shows how good a writer he is by the fact he can write a short story and still get you hooked great book.
Mat Soole
First 2 were ok, second 2 were awesome, couldn't give more than 3 stars but would buy the story if it came to a full novel and will definitely be buying 'Extinction Parade' later in the year when it comes out!
Sam
I rather enjoyed this little collection of stories, it pulls inspiration from varied quarters both during and after the events of World War Z and I must admit there is a perverse part of me that really really enjoyed The Extinction Parade, which pulled together my two greatest horror loves, vampires and zombies. This story gives a new little twist to the zombie genre by looking at not just how humanity is desimated but also how this has knock on effects for those who feed on us (were they real.. ...more
Carrie Mudge
Fabby short read, great to go back into World War Z territory. Love the Vampire story too, talk about a different perspective! More, please!
January
Apr 06, 2013 January rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: a
I'm a fan of WWZ and this book, which felt like a hastily-produced expansion, was a let down. There were only four really short, unrelated stories. How about taking more time to write more stories and releasing a decent book, huh? There were appalling grammatical mistakes: the plural of Asian was "Asian's", and for every "construction sight" I came across I did a mental facepalmed. Construction SIGHT?! Was this book not edited?? And, sigh, one of the stories was told from the POV of a vampire. P ...more
Andrés Garzón
extremadamente fantasiosa, historia poco agradable de una guerra entre humanos, zombis y vampiros, realmente mala.
Vidal
No es una segunda parte de Guerra Mundial Z, son una serie de relatos sueltos. Sabe a poco, pero están muy bien.
Katie
Jul 05, 2013 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kristy simpson
Shelves: zombie-related
this book is 4 short stories that take place in the world of World War Z by Max Brooks. the first and last story are written in the same way of the WWZ book in interview form. the first story is freaky and weird. the last is a heroic survival story of a china woman. the two middle stories are written in first person. the second story is actually two different people and could be two separate stories but it isn't. the guy locked in the bathroom is possibly my ultimate fear. the third story is the ...more
Wilde Sky
This book contains some reasonably interesting short zombie stories.
Cheryl Briggs
Love Max Brooks zombie books these short stories are no exception
  • Zombie Apocalypse! (Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Book of All Flesh
  • The Living Dead, Volume 2 (The Living Dead, #2)
  • Zombie CSU
  • Dead Inside: Do Not Enter: Notes from the Zombie Apocalypse
  • History is Dead: A Zombie Anthology
  • Necrópolis (Los caminantes, #2)
  • Shattered Hourglass (Day by Day Armageddon,#3)
  • Zombies: The Recent Dead
  • Flu (Flu, #1)
  • In the Dead: Volume 1
  • The Zombie Combat Manual: A Guide to Fighting the Living Dead
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205
  • Zombie Wonderland
  • Thunder and Ashes
  • Best New Zombie Tales Vol. 1
  • Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies
Max Brooks is The New York Times bestselling author of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. He has been called ”the Studs Terkel of zombie journalism.“

Brooks is the son of director Mel Brooks and the late actress Anne Bancroft. He is a 1994 graduate of Pitzer College. His wife, Michelle, is a screenwriter, and the couple have a son, Henry.
More about Max Brooks...
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks The Essential Max Brooks: World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide The Harlem Hellfighters