Start by marking “The Methuselah Strain” as Want to Read:
The Methuselah Strain

The Methuselah Strain

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Please note: this edition is no longer available. Please see the new edition, published by Fantastic Books Publishing. The new edition is enhanced and has a new section.

Finding a suitable partner from the remnants of mankind isn’t easy for Lucy, especially when she discovers that automation tempts more than flesh.

As the Prime Renegade plans the disabling of automatic syste
ebook
Published August 20th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Methuselah Strain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Methuselah Strain

Eating Smoke by Chris ThrallVampyre Kisses by Elizabeth J. KolodziejWerewolf Descent by Elizabeth J. KolodziejThe Thirty-Ninth Victim by Arleen WilliamsThe Moon Dwellers by David Estes
Writers and Readers List
53rd out of 316 books — 275 voters
Flat-Out Love by Jessica ParkOn the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesLove Unscripted by Tina ReberReason to Breathe by Rebecca DonovanSignificance by Shelly Crane
Greatest hidden EBOOKS
398th out of 1,292 books — 1,703 voters

More lists with this book...

Devorah Fox
I had trouble getting into this at first. Not that it isn’t well written--it is. The author tasked himself with writing a “novelette,” a story with the complexity of a novel and the brevity of a short story. As a result the writing is economical; nothing wasted, nothing extraneous. Every word counts.

I was also impressed with how thoroughly author Stuart Aken knows his imagined future world, from the geographical, political, economic and technological changes to the smallest details of everyday l
Sarah Baethge
Feb 20, 2012 Sarah Baethge rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like erotica
Recommended to Sarah by: Stuart Aken
Shelves: reviewed
The Methuselah Strain by Stewart Aken is a story with a frightening view of the future world. After a devastating asteroid shower the population has grown so small that a normal person can go for years without coming into view of another human face. This is not as lonely as it may sound, because technology has so advanced that through computer programs and with the aid of robots, virtually any act is possible.
In fact, people no longer bother to even reproduce, because anyone still alive has been
Ken Brimhall

Top-Notch Futuristic Novella

Five stars for The Methuselah Strain because, though limited in scope, it accomplished much. The theme is well developed, the characters expertly imagined, the writing smooth and the vocabulary unique. I read it quickly, enjoying the clever plot and the disturbing ending.
Stuart Aken
Dec 23, 2014 Stuart Aken added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books
This is my own book. I'd love someone else to write a review for this one.
Marie Allison
Marie Allison marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Stuart Aken
Jun 21, 2015 Stuart Aken added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Lisa Krumm schumacher
Lisa Krumm schumacher marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Stuart Aken
Oct 11, 2013 Stuart Aken rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Tamara Drummond
Tamara Drummond marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Judemurdeaux
Judemurdeaux is currently reading it
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Glenn Kleier
Glenn Kleier marked it as to-read
Linda Acaster
Linda Acaster marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Shannon Arthur
Shannon Arthur marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Madeleine McDonald
Madeleine McDonald marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Apply a new cover to combined editions. 3 17 Jun 21, 2015 10:49AM
Writing since I could hold a pencil, I've always been fascinated by words and their power to transform, educate, illuminate, entertain and influence. Stories are so fundamental to human beings that they form an essential part of our psyche, and to be privileged to tell my own versions of tales that have abounded for millennia is an honour.
Regarding voting on lists and the like: if I haven't read i
More about Stuart Aken...
Fusion Breaking Faith Joinings: A Seared Sky Ten Love tales But, Baby, It's Cold Outside