Start by marking “Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)

Oath Bound (Unbound #3)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,541 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
The Tower Syndicate will fall...

The secret daughter of the head of an infamous Skilled crime family, Sera Brandt has hidden her past, her potential and especially her powers. But when a tragedy strikes her other family, Sera needs justice. And the only way to get it is to reveal her heritage–including a rare Skill–and take the reins of the Tower Syndicate from her cunning
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
91st out of 2,461 books — 12,430 voters
Frost Burned by Patricia BriggsTwice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostEver After by Kim HarrisonHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghHouse Rules by Chloe Neill
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
33rd out of 276 books — 1,140 voters

More lists with this book...

Ferdy
Spoilers

-The plot was okay, although it was somewhat cliched. The heroine, Sera, finds out she's inherited her bio-daddy's criminal empire. Naturally, Sera doesn't care about the money, status or power.
We all know 'good' heroines have to be humble, and can't possibly be materialistic, money hungry or ambitious. Heaven forbid, a woman who craves money and power! Those kinds of women are all cold, evul and whore-ish… None of them have hearts! Why can male characters in fiction chase money and pow
Joie
May 31, 2012 Joie marked it as to-read
2013...

description

description

Veronika
May 01, 2016 Veronika rated it really liked it

Wow! This series is so unique and well-written... wow! I'm speechless.

I read the first two books in the series more than two years ago, and that's exactly the reason why I was dragging out reading this one: I was worried I wouldn't remember the story. I needn't have worried!!!

The writing took me back effortlessly into the urban fantasy world Rachel Vincent created.

Did I remember every single detail from the previous books? No.
But when Liv, Cam, Kori and Ian appeared on the pages, my heart reme
Ryan
Jan 04, 2016 Ryan rated it it was amazing
This book takes place over four days so the whole development of the relationship was a difficult for me to believe. I really enjoyed watching Kris stick his foot in his mouth at every turn though.

Kori, I will miss you so much. You were like looking in a mirror because every time you opened your mouth vulgarity poured out.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I was lucky enough to hear Rachel Vincent speak earlier this year at The Harlequin Blogger Summit. Having already enjoyed her Shifter's series, I ordered Blood Bound and Shadow Bound to read in preparation for her visit. Though I didn't have the time to review either novel I devoured them both and gave them each 41/2 stars.

In general I prefer urban fantasy to paranormal romance but what I love about this series is how well it combines the two. Oath Bound, like the other installments, is gritty,
Alison
Jul 30, 2013 Alison rated it really liked it
Oh thank goodness. Characters of light and shade. People who aren't afraid to show their feelings. Good people (or people doing good) who aren't likeable (or necessarily completely sane). Violence, real violence not PG-rated, Sunday afternoon made for TV violence, horrific actions. Grown ups.

Having said all that, I think this was probably for me the most light and fluffy of the three books as (I believe) it concludes the trilogy. The first book for me was sooo dark and hopeless I felt quite ill
Ashley
Jul 24, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
A mostly fun book, but not as good as the first two. The twist is fairly predictable. The end is full of holes and pretty contrived.

Rachel's writing remains technically sound. I really enjoy how she develops the romantic angles in these books and this one is no different, although I'm not as in love with Sara and Chris as I am with Olivia and Cam or especially Cory and Ian.

Definitely a worthwhile read.
Misericordia ❣
Oct 09, 2012 Misericordia ❣ marked it as to-read
Dd Oct 9, 2012,
People in possession of time-travelling machines keep rating this book way before it is to be published :). 16 ratings are already here :) Thank goodness for time-travellers or we wouldn't know what to expect from the future!

BTW. Oath Bound (#3) is a definite to-read as soon as I get my hands on it)
Maria
May 17, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Many people ask me why I love urban fantasy books. This book is the answer. I have one word: AMAZING! Dark, fast-paced, full of action and emotions, this story made me laugh, cry and keep turning the pages! The depth of the characters and their suffering before they found their peace, are two of the things that you have to look when you read a book from this series. I loved this series since I read the first book and I have to admit that I will definitely re-read all the series!

Here we have the
Cathy
Jul 27, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it
This series kept surprising me. Each time I went in thinking that I might not like the book that much because they're really paranormal romances with a lot of insta-love that happen to be set in the same world more than urban fantasy books that follow one couple as the relationship grows and develops over several books, and that just isn't normally my favorite thing. Or I'd even like to read a story that isn't about romance at all, how's that for revolutionary? But these stories manage to make i ...more
Lola
Sep 09, 2013 Lola rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-that-i-own
For some reason I have some weird pattern with each book in this series. I pre-order the book, then when I receive the book I am all happy and put it on my shelve and then months later I finally start it, a bit hesitant being afraid it is not as good as I hope it will be. That also happened with this book, it was there on my shelve for quite some time before I finally picked it up.

I think Oath bound is the my least favourite book in this series so far. It just missed something and while I hoped
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 13, 2013 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

In true Rachel Vincent fashion, Oath Bound weaves a complex tale where relationships go from every day complicated to an unravelable tangle of blood oaths and family ties. A small oversight quickly snowballs into the biggest blunder in Tower Syndicate history and Sera gets swept away into a world she’s spent her whole life hiding from and knows absolutely nothing about, and that’s only chapter 1! The romance is understated yet equally as significant as the action-driven p
Liv
Jun 06, 2013 Liv rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
While this book's plot may have been somewhat predictable, it was still a passable read. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to rate it more than 3 stars.

Honestly, it wasn't bad, and there were actions, there was angst, there were laughters, there was banter, and there was suspense. So why I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I should have? It was pure and simple - the key elements i.e. the relationship development between the main characters, Sera and Kris - felt shallow and lip service.

Se
AH
Jul 30, 2013 AH rated it really liked it
This is one of the neatest series I've read in a while. You have a group of people with Talents such as Finders, Travelers, Binders, Jammers, and Seers. These people work for one of two large mafia-style families. These people are bound into servitude and can not go against their masters. There are loopholes - and they are quite clever. Even the devil can't write contracts like these.

In this third book of the Unbound series, the focus is on Kris Daniels and his love interest Sera. The battle is
Livia
I liked that this third novel had a lot of crazy moments with dashes of humor thrown in and the drama of bringing down the Tower syndicate. Some of my favorite statements/moments;

"This man may have been a killer, but he was no murderer. The distinction was small, but important." - Ch. 3, Sera describing Kris when they first met during a showdown at the Tower estate.

"My sister's missing, my grandmother has Alzheimer's, Julia Tower wants me dead and you're turning out to be a pain in the ass." - C
Isamlq
Aug 07, 2013 Isamlq rated it it was ok
I’d liken this to a B-movie. Some interesting bits, whole stretches of fast (too fast) whatever’s all the while riddled with, and I’m sorry here, but cheesy lines of the aw shucks variety. Case in point: him calling her the human superlative… being the most… everything. I think I was supposed to hear my heart go pitter-patter for him/her/them, instead… well, gag me, is all.

But credit where it’s due: this whole world is an interesting one of world of specials and killers who don’t want to be kil
"E"
May 21, 2013 "E" rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading what seems to be the final book in this series. It was fun to see all of the previous characters again and some resolution with the Tower Syndicate. However, there were a few things I had issues with. First, the romance. I didn't really see the connection between Kris & Sera. It really did come off as Sera just searching for someone to cling to since she'd lost everyone she cared about and Kris seemed to still be hung up on Noelle.

Second, while Kori was very abrasiv
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

It's actually a shame that this was only a 3 part trilogy with Oath Bound being the conclusion. I would have liked to see if Cam and Olivia found a way to get out from under Cavozos thumb and find their own brand of HEA.

Normally, I'm one that finds alternating POV's irritating and loathsome. There have been some exceptions to my complaining recently and this is one of them. I don't think the story would have worked otherwise had we not been a
Kathy Martin
Aug 11, 2015 Kathy Martin rated it it was amazing
This final book in the Unbound trilogy was a satisfying conclusion and a complete change in tone from the previous book. Instead of the almost unrelenting grimness of the previous book, this one had lots and lots of funny parts. This is somewhat remarkable because the heroine had been through a horrible time watching her parents and sister murdered in front of her and being attacked and losing her baby and her future prospects as a mother. She was bent on finding the person who killed her family ...more
Jenn
Feb 16, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Holy balls, Oath Bound was awesome. I know it’s not the classiest language but it really sums up my reaction to the novel. I’ve been a fan of Rachel Vincent’s since I first picked up Prey but her writing has really grown over the course of her various series and it shows in Oath Bound. This is probably her best book yet. From following her blog, I know it wasn’t the easiest novel to write but her dedication totally paid off. Each of her Unbound books has built on the previous ones and Oath Bound ...more
Rana
Mar 08, 2014 Rana rated it really liked it
4.5

This book had a good story,it continued where shadow bound left off, and it had me laughing from the beginning to the end. I'm sorry to say bye to this series, the flow between the characters and the flow of the plot were great.
Tia
May 07, 2013 Tia rated it it was ok
Overall, wasn't too impressed. I loved Kori but the whole fact that they pretty much ended her character and put a new one in her place, made me turn away from the novel. This whole novel is pretty much a walking cliche. I think Rachel screwed the pooch on this one.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
Romance, sexiness, violence, mystery and amazing twists and turns!

Full review to come soon...

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews
TheBookLionizer
Gah! I regret procrastinating on this one. Lazy me! It's the last book of the series, and it ended up with a bang. I got so much to say about this one.

The last book is about Kris aka Kristopher, Korinne aka Kori and Kenley's big brother. When I read the second book and read all the atrocities that Kori endured in the basement, I always wondered why the hell did their BIG brother did nothing about that, we meet him by the end, yeah but all these years letting his baby sisters at the hand of Tow
Alex
Jan 27, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it
This was a good ending to an awesome series. I didn't exactly buy the Sera/Kris romance, but I love the rest of the characters so much that I didn't really care.

My only complaint is that there were a lot of story lines left unresolved. I'm not sure why Rachel chose to only make this a trilogy, because it could have easily gone on for several more books.

(view spoiler)
Samantha Pollard
Oct 24, 2014 Samantha Pollard rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Pleasantly surprised that I didn't hate this book. The genuinely expected this book to take the whole series downhill but it was excellent.

Kenley is still a helpless little twit but I love all the characters together and everything wrapped up in a neat little bow at the end. I felt like I got the back story I was missing in the first two books.

The romance was a flop but at least there was a little more fantasy that the first to were missing.

I liked Sera and felt for her so much more than
Paris
May 16, 2014 Paris rated it really liked it
It had been almost 2 years since I last read one of the books in the Unbound series and I forgot how much I loved this series. The world that Rachel Vincent has created is interesting and scary. The division between the Skilled and the Unskilled, the Tower mafia and the Cavasos mafia are just the background pieces of this world. It is really the main characters in each of these books that ties everything together and really makes the reader see the levels of danger that are a part of their every ...more
Sammy Nicholas
Mar 25, 2014 Sammy Nicholas rated it it was amazing
I was really upset to start this book because it meant the end of this series, and I did not want to do that! After the ending in the last book I was stoked to read this, but also very dreadful. I read it because I was excited for Kristopher and also curious to see how Sera would play into this story. I was really surprised at how is started out and how it ended. I was also really taken by the family vibe that the Daniels' gave off, I was pleasantly surprised by that. Sera was a really fun chara ...more
Lori
Jan 24, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
The third installment in the Unbound series and it is just as gruesome and raw as the last two.

Main characters: Sera Brandt and Kristopher Daniels

Genre: Fantasy, UF, PNR

Synopsis: Sera Brandt is the illegitimate daughter of Jake Tower, head of the Tower Syndicate, a ruthless, power-hungry organization. After the events of the last book, control of the empire has transferred to Tower's oldest living heir. Brutal events have left Sera without the only family she has ever known and she runs to her
Kasey
May 17, 2013 Kasey rated it liked it
For me this wasn't as good as the previous books, but still an enjoyable read. I really enjoy the characters and the very interesting world Vincent has created here. The ongoing story is so interesting and complex. I can't wait to see what happens next. I can't help but wonder more about the complicated psychic who had seen the future and manipulated all of these interesting people to get a specific outcome. While frustrating as the characters see how this loved friend worked things to a specifi ...more
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 2 Mar 19, 2016 08:50PM
What will Rachel Vincent's next adult series be about? 1 18 Apr 14, 2013 02:26PM
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Terminated (Revivalist, #3)
  • Last Blood (House of Comarré, #5)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Quick Fix (Ciel Halligan, #2)
  • Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon, #5)
  • Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem, #1)
  • Moonshifted (Edie Spence, #2)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
More about Rachel Vincent...

Unbound (3 books)
  • Blood Bound (Unbound, #1)
  • Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)

“I liked that about her. I liked how laid back she was, when she wasn’t trying to stab me.” 13 likes
“... you just turned down the woman who put a marshmallow duck in your hot chocolate. I hope you feel like a real asshole now.” 10 likes