Start by marking “Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)

Bared to You (Crossfire #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  318,042 ratings  ·  15,271 reviews
Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of h
Published April 3rd 2012 by Sylvia Day

To ask other readers questions about Bared to You, please sign up.

Brandi Because most women don't want to read this type of book about some skinny, pasty introvert that goes to Star Trek conventions and lives with his…moreBecause most women don't want to read this type of book about some skinny, pasty introvert that goes to Star Trek conventions and lives with his mother?(less)
Gréta Bárdos In my opinion, yes. The basic concept is similar, rich, gorgeous, testosterone filled CEO. The difference is the heroin. While Ana (50 Shades) is not…moreIn my opinion, yes. The basic concept is similar, rich, gorgeous, testosterone filled CEO. The difference is the heroin. While Ana (50 Shades) is not the driver of action, she just floats with everything, your everyday personality-deprived heroine, Eva is very opinionated, strong, and isn't afraid to stand her ground. That drives the storyline more, as she's not sitting on the sidelines. Sex scenes are sizzling, and the story is hot and compelling.

Definitely recommend this series more.(less)

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Possible spoilers and definitely NSFW (unless your workplace is made of awesome).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh, my god, you guys, this book! Oh, my god...

I went into this thinking it was going to be completely and totally lame. Another Fifty Shades of Moronic Writing. Another horrifying testament to the standards which modern writers are apparently held. And do you know what? It WAS. Buuuut....for the most part, I had a good time. How? By laughing uncontrollably at nearly every sex scene (and believe me, there are many
Okay, with roughly 100 pages to go, I think I've read enough. I just couldn't finish this book and find myself very disappointed that Ms. Day created her own story based on the wildly popular E.L. James book, "Fifty Shades of Grey." Sure, Christian Grey is now, "Gideon Cross" (I'm not a rocket scientist, but I figured out the initial exhange - along with changing "Ana" to "Eva.") But here's where I'm baffled: Ms. Day is actually a good writer. There's a reason I read as many pages as I did. Beca ...more
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5!! WAAAAY better than that Fifty Shades of Grey. I do get the comparison, but truly this is a MUCH better read. Simply put, this book had the polish that FSoG grossly lacked. (I read FSoG just before I read this one. Sadly, I found it disturbing and only gave it a 1-star review.)

The major similarities:
--hero is a young (late 20's), gorgeous, brilliant zillionaire business mogul who sports non-stop erections and has sex on the brain 24/7
--hero has a controlling and obsessive desire for the h
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 30, 2012 Aestas Book Blog rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes HOTT love stories about FUNCTIONAL couples :)

6 +++ stars!!!!

This book was absolute perfection for me!! It had me swooning, drooling and panting over Gideon Cross and had me reading for the better part of it with the world's biggest grin on my face. It was the perfect blend of heart warming, HOTNESS , and seriously tortured Alpha hero (and heroine).

The story is told from the perspective of Eva Hammel, a 24 year old girl who comes from money but wants to make it o

Having read and enjoyed a number of Sylvia Day’s historicals I decided to try this contemporary by her. I picked this book up at NetGalley based on the blurb. The book sounded interesting (despite the blurb's faint purple prose), it was categorised as romance and I’ve been on the lookout for more contemporary romances.

For my enjoyment of contemporary romantic fiction, there has to be at least some believability to the plot, some credibility to the characterisations. The more so for con

Warning-Contains minor spoilers!!May hinder your reading experience!!

My very Honest review--
(fans of this book please bear with me.)

The story is written from the perspective of Eva Tramell.Because of her new job she has just moved to Manhattan from San Diego.The first time she meets with Gideon Cross,sparks fly.The tension between them is palpable and their chemistry is nearly explosive.

I really liked the first few chapters,which shows them skirting around each other.It was quite good.
(So,why th
5 Big Stars!
This is a sophisticated, provocative, titillating, highly erotic, sexually driven read and is extremely well done. The title fits the book in more ways than one. It not only applies to the sexual nature of the book, but how Eva and Gideon give of themselves to one each other in body, mind, heart and soul. Eva is a smart, self-assured woman who finds herself drawn to the charismatic, enigmatic Gideon. Their relationship is initially based solely on sex, but their connection is so po
Kristin (KC)
2.5 Stars

Decent, but fell short of my expectations.

I really wanted to like this book. The first few chapters held promise for me. I felt as though it was well written and had good dialogue. There are terrific reviews, and I picked it up after just having finished FSOG. I assumed it would be everything I was searching for in my next read but, for me, it fell short. My biggest issues were being unable to connect with Gideon at all, and I didn't find that the characters ever came alive. I never fel
Remittance Girl
Jun 25, 2012 Remittance Girl rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers who don't require much realism in their erotic fiction.
I decided to read Bared To You because it was sold as a well-written version of Fifty Shades of Grey. To give credit where credit is due, Sylvia Day is not E.L. James. Her grammar is good, she varies her sentence structures and, although her propensity for purple prose is at times off-putting, she's a competent wordsmith. That being said, I would not want to imply there was anything remotely literary about this book. There isn't. Which is a shame, because someone should start writing literary er ...more
May 09, 2012 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Wendy by: Umar
Shelves: erotica, kindle
Hot, passionate and totally addictive read.

The chemistry between Eva and Gideon, explodes on the page. They are made for each other. They're not perfect, as they have their own issues to deal with. But as they work themselves through it, you'll be taken on an emotional ride like no other. Wow, what a ride!

If you want a great story with a lot of heat, you can't go wrong with this book. Loved it!
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
In order not to step on anyone's toes or hurt anyone's feelings I won't rate Bared to You. DNF when I hit the 50 % mark. As far as I can judge, Bared to You is a sensitive topic because it's already related to Fifty. Frankly, it's not my intention to start a turmoil by writing a negative review. When I'm reviewing a book I want to be able to write about my feelings. I want to be honest, and a review should always reflect my emotions why I didn't like a book. Naturally it's the same the other way ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

I’m just going to start by saying that this was a tough book to get through, and a couple of times it almost landed on my DNF shelf. Had I not read it right on the heels of the Fifty Shades trilogy, I might have enjoyed it more, and one look at the ratings and you’ll know that I’m in the minority when it comes to how I feel about this story. Oh well, it is what it is, right? Here are my thoughts about Bared to You.

Oh, before I begin, it’s important to note that I am not comparing this book to t
Warning: slightly spoiler-ish

Okay, so I don't know how someone who was raped repeatedly (view spoiler) should act. I can't empathize the anal rape of a boy and its effect on the man. I am not an expert, but I have personal experience with abuse. The abused all come out different, react differently and are affected, differ
I loved the way he kissed me, as if he had to, as if he’d go crazy if he didn’t and had nearly waited too long.

An incredibly INTENSE, Emotional, Palpable, Riviting, Erotic read that I devoured.

"I want there to be happily-ever-afters for the f*cked-up crowd. Show me the way, Eva honey. Make me believe."

Yes, please Ms. Day! I need that for this couple!

Coming October 2012 is the second installment and I can hardly wait.

Deeper in You
This Review is a Warning Label and a Rave!

I was going to edit this to tone down the snark factor, but it still felt right the next day, so I am keeping it.
Otherwise edited for additional info/warnings about the storyline.

5 stars. This book was amazing~

Highly recommended for fans of Fifty as it reads like an homage to the best of that series except it is very well written.

Note to those who hate erotica, are disgusted by the Fifty series, think Fifty was a psychopath because he was possessive,
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Update: As reviewed for: Read Our Lips Book Blog

Gideon and Eva

Bared to You was getting tons of fanfare on Goodreads. People were going crazy over it! It didn’t take long for me to understand why. I was hooked in the first chapter. Eva Tramell, a 24 year old new graduate has moved to New York City with her best friend, Cary (a bisexual man) to be closer to her mom and stepfather. She has a new job in the Crossfire Building at an advertising agency. The day before she starts her new job, she stops
Tammy Walton Grant
As anyone who has seen my updates on this will know, I've been having a REALLY BIG PROBLEM with this book. I should have known better; I tried to read this months ago and almost threw my kindle across the room (where, oh where is my "wallbanger by proxy" paperback when I need it?!). To be kind, let me just say the "similarities" to FSOG were just too much for me.

Well, since then, even more FSOG rip-offs sorry, homages have been released, and I've made the mistake of reading those too. I've got s
DNFed half way through. When the hero takes the heroine to his love shack hotel room filled with love toys where he's had many women in the past, I decided this book wasn't for me. There's no emotional connection between the hero and heroine, just sex and more sex.

Also the writing seems disjointed and stilted at times. Had a hard time following.

Seems way too much like Fifty Shades and makes me think the author jumped on the Fifty Shades bandwagon.
UPDATE II. I'm deducting the star I added for the erotic encounter that I mistakenly thought was original because I've just read the scene in Fifty Shades Darker that, um, "inspired" Ms Day the copycat. Shame.

UPDATE. Now that I have read Fifty Shades of Grey I'm even more unimpressed with Sylvia Day's book. Can you say "BIG ASS COPYCAT?" Sheesh.

Touted as the 50SOG for the more discriminating romance reader, I say...Ms Day probably shouldn't believe her own PR. Eva and Gideon are the glitterati o
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
DO NOT read this book if you...

...ARE a huge fangirl of 50 Shades and thought that book was the best thing ever. The only thing you will do is compare the two books the entire time and convince yourself (and try to convince everyone else) why 50 shades is better.

DO NOT read this book if you...

...thought 50 Shades was just NOT your type of erotica/story. This book is very similar to 50 Shades in respects to the erotica/story.

READ this book if you...

...thought 50 Shades was overall okay but had po
Anne OK
(Gideon to Eva in "Bared to You")

I liked it! I really, really liked it!!! Well done! The writing resembles a seasoned author’s work. And hurrah - hurrah, there were none of those repetitive and gagging “inner goddess” phrases appearing on every other page! And the lead characters presented a mature and knowledgeable persona. Between “Fifty Shades” and this one, I would choose this one without a doubt.

I admit I
Apr 10, 2014 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness— Beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... And
The BookChick
I loved this story. For the Fifty and Beautiful Disaster lovers out there, you will love this book because it has a very similar feel and flow to it. A hopelessly flawed hero, Gideon, and heroine, Eva, enter into a relationship eclipsed by false starts, petty jealousies, misunderstandings, and bruised trust. The story was beautifully written from Eva's POV but the angst of both characters and their associates was palpable throughout the entire book.

In Bared to You, Eva's (view spoiler)
Wendy Darling
This is approximately 1000 times better than That Other Book! Similar themes, but with better characters, better writing, better plotting, better sex, and minus the degradation.
P.A. Lupton
Firstly, I need to say. Sylvia Day, I blame you completely for the dark circles under my eyes today. And for all of the readers out there, a warning: DO NOT start reading this book late at night. You will not be able to put it down. You will not be able to stop thinking about the characters, and it will interrupt your sleep. I started this book last night and dropped everything else to finish it this morning. What a great novel! And for all of the fans of Fifty Shades of Grey out there, you espe ...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
**Caution contains swear words!**

Re-Read 30/10/12

What that was still quite a ride!! I'm still trying to catch my breath... Man is this book Steamy!!
Having now read 50 Shades I don't know what people are talking about! Besides Gideon being a young extremely good looking gazillionaire who likes control there's not much else that's the same.
No red room of Pain. Actually no bondage at all!
No contracts.
Just 2 fucked people trying to work on a relationship work!
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DayBaredtoyou1TitlebySueBee_zps84a38f27.jpg
 photo MogulBLGbysb_zps1a85cdaf.gif
! Bared to you (book 1). The beginning of Gideon’s and Eva’s epic, spellbinding & addictive story with suspense, challenges, self-discovery and their intense dysfunctional love!

“There were thousands of women in New York alone who could replace me in his life, but there was only one Gideon Cross.”

Best experienced, The Crossfire series is Gideon’s and Eva’s epic love story, both broken, flawed and co-dependent and yet so determined and relentless for their elusive happily-ever after. F
Gideon ushered me into the elevator with a firm, masculine hand behind the small of my back, and as always I felt an electric shock go through me. As soon as the doors had closed, I sank to my knees, hardly even noticing the teak interior with its antique silver accents, and began to pleasure him. He sighed and plunged his hands into my hair.

"Oh Eva!" he groaned.

The rest of this review is available elsewhere (the location cannot be given for Goodreads policy reasons)
Elizabeth (Liz)
- The Story -

Gideon Cross is a 28-year-old, highly driven, mysterious, sexually magnetic captain of industry. His personal relationships are dealt with much like those in his business in that they are cold, calculated, and pressed for time. He's had a traumatic past, part of which he attempts to hide at all costs. And then, one afternoon, in the lobby of his building, he locks eyes with Eva Trammell, and his safe, emotionless, utterly controlled world begins to slowly evolve.

Eva Trammell is a 24
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
I want to give a little warning/suggestion to other readers; do not read Bared to You immediately following the Fifty Shades trilogy (Which I loved.) That was my mistake. Bared to You almost mirrored Fifty exactly. Every-other page it seemed there was a character development, revelation or scene that was akin to what happened in the Fifty Shades books with Ana and Christian. So many similarities that Bared to You lacked originality. I don't want to compare the books, because I don't like to do t ...more
What to read next? 8 124 Aug 13, 2015 09:31AM
Bared to You- Movie/Series Cast 47 629 Aug 12, 2015 09:11AM
Bookworm Bitches : May 2015- Bared To You 24 86 May 29, 2015 07:27AM
FREE on Amazon RIGHT NOW! 1 90 May 23, 2015 08:28AM
Your version of Gideon & Eva?? 20 636 May 09, 2015 03:44AM
movie? 25 232 Apr 29, 2015 12:42AM
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)
  • Because I Said So (Because You Are Mine, #1.5)
  • Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
  • Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers, #5)
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
  • Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at, ...more
More about Sylvia Day...

Crossfire (5 books)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4) Afterburn (After, #1) Aftershock (After, #2)

“I’ve always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I’ve seen nothing but you.” 1015 likes
“Oh, Eva." He rubbed his cheek against my damp face. "I must've wished for you so hard and so often you had no choice but to come true.” 746 likes